Orchids to …
• all those in and around Mead Village for helping us safely recover our two Jack Russell Terriers.
• Lynn at Kroger for helping find items so Mrs. Buchanan’s Smith Elementary second-grade class could make their costumes while studying folk tales.
• Tom Talbert for his letter highlighting the recent law providing massive tax cuts to the wealthy and crumbs to the middle class.
• Legacy Health Care employees Brenda, Sam and Patrick, from Paul Holtzlider.
• the honest person who turned in my purse at Kroger.
• Joe Willy’s for Cheeseburger Day, from a regular customer.
• the service technician at Hubler Honda for setting the clock in the white CRV.
• Online Construction of Columbus for the wonderful job remodeling our master bathroom, from the Jacksons.
• John Hale for always letting me use your truck to deliver food, from Rick.
• the Indiana University women’s basketball team for making it to the NIT finals vs. Virginia Tech, 3 p.m. Saturday at Bloomington.
• Leo Morris for his Thursday column on speaking facts.
Onions to …
• the local organization using the county in its name when their views aren’t representative of everyone.
• anyone calling for the repeal of the Second Amendment or “common-sense” gun control.
• the nonprofit organization that bought a time clock for hourly employees, when they’re not causing the problem — it’s the salaried people.
• police for not enforcing the 45 mph speed limit on County Road 525W, where vehicles travel at 55 to 60 mph daily, including commercial vehicles.
Happy Birthday to …
• Curt Fulp, from your friends at Bethel Baptist Church.
• Lois Kaplanoff, from friends at the Moravian Church.
• Ethan Serrett.
• Ava Wade.
• Lee Dickey.
• Shawn Dorsett.
• Dean Burton, from your family.
• Misty Cross, from Grandma Jean.
• Charisse Garwood, from Mom.
• Anna Liimatta, from Mrs. Erickson.
• Margaret Goodin, from your sister Nancy.
• Angie Brown, from Pastor Marvin Brown and Trinity Baptist Church.