LAS VEGAS — Las Vegas police say an extremely drunk man accidently set himself on fire.

Las Vegas police Lt. David Gordon tells the Las Vegas Review-Journal that the man caught fire early Monday morning.

The man told police that he was smoking a cigarette before he realized he was on fire.

Gordon says the man’s injuries were not life-threatening.


Information from: Las Vegas Review-Journal, http://www.lvrj.com

Author photo
The AP is one of the largest and most trusted sources of independent newsgathering. AP is neither privately owned nor government-funded; instead, as a not-for-profit news cooperative owned by its American newspaper and broadcast members, it can maintain its single-minded focus on newsgathering and its commitment to the highest standards of objective, accurate journalism.