Orchids to …
• the nice young man at the local grocery store for helping us in the meat department and giving us the coupon Saturday.
• Matt Rude for having the longest commute but being willing to fill in for a sick co-worker.
• Tiffany at the Kroger pharmacy for working so hard to help me be able to afford my migraine medicine, from Cindy.
• Carter’s Sweepers Sales & Service for a wonderful, customer service-oriented local business that went above and beyond, from the happy, dog-loving family.
• Hope Lodge 150 for the Spaghetti Splash on Saturday night at the Masonic Lodge in Hope and all the lodge members, family, friends and those who attended.
• all the friendly servers who call me “honey” or “sweetie” and tell me to have a nice day because I love it and want you to please keep it up.
• Nick Firestone and Ray Depew for the great walk-through and explanation at the Atterbury-Bakalar Air Museum.
• Laura, Samantha and Nick at Sherwin Williams in Columbus for their excellent help, patience and expertise for helping us choose the right paint, from satisfied customers.
Onions to …
• myself, for letting the distractions at church Saturday upset me.
• the inconsiderate dining customers on Saturday who were rude to the sole cashier who had a long line and was trying to take care of everyone in a timely manner.
• baseball coaches who play politics with kids.
• fiscally reckless Republicans who voted to cut taxes, increase spending and increase the federal deficit to more than $1 trillion by 2020.
• the driver who turned onto the one-way part of Eighth Street despite a sign saying “Do Not Enter” Monday evening.
• those that don’t understand the quality-of-life value is hard to assess because it’s a made-up term designed to make someone or something sound important.
• the state legislators who maintain the ability of foreign nationals to purchase and possess firearms in this state.
• pro-birth candidates that pretend to be pro-life but support policies that harm would-be mothers.
• a superintendent and a school board opposed to metal detectors after metropolitan schools figured out how to stop gun violence during the rise of gang violence in the ‘90s.
Happy Birthday to …
• Carl Good, from your family and co-workers.
• Kevin Vonderwell, from your family, co-workers, Annette and Donna.
• Karen Metz, from Bob, Jeri and your family and friends.
• Kelli Diekhoff, from your family and friends.
• Karen Metz, from Bob, Jeri, and from your family and friends.
• Grace Ann, from Nan and Pap.
• Don Demas, from John Tinkey.
• my mom, Nina Owens, from Jennifer.
• Mamaw Nina Owens, from Jacob Wilson.
Belated Happy Birthday to …
• Jackie Runion, from friends at the Moravian Church.
• Tracy Warriner.
• Ryan Ferguson.
• Greg Sims.
• the Rev. Marcus Speer.
Happy Anniversary to …
• Mark and Tammy Hege, from friends at the Moravian Church.