- USOC extends CEO's contract through 2021 with option to 2024 Updated: Sep-25-15 8:45 pm
COLORADO SPRINGS, Colorado - In the U.S. Olympic Committee's version of a perfect world, CEO Scott Blackmun will help the Americans bring the curtain down on the Los Angeles Olympics in 2024.
- Paris 2024 leaders launch crowdfunding campaign Updated: Sep-25-15 3:28 pm
PARIS - Leaders of the Paris bid for the 2024 Olympics put on a show of unity at a festive meeting involving French Prime Minister Manuel Valls and more than 150 athletes for the official launch of a crowdfunding campaign on Friday.
- Hungary says no plans for referendum on 2024 Olympic bid Updated: Sep-25-15 7:47 am
BUDAPEST, Hungary - Hungary has no plans to hold a referendum on Budapest's bid for the 2024 Summer Games, the country's national Olympic committee said Friday.
- LA 2024 bid names former Olympic swimmer Evans vice chair Updated: Sep-24-15 4:06 pm
LOS ANGELES - The group trying to bring the 2024 Olympics to Los Angeles has named Olympic swimming medalist Janet Evans its vice chair and director of athlete relations.
- Human rights groups attack IOC on host city contract Updated: Sep-24-15 12:22 pm
LONDON - Human rights groups accused the IOC on Thursday of failing to include explicit requirements on human rights in the host city contract for the 2024 Summer Olympics.
- Refugee crisis, money issues in background of 2024 bid race Updated: Sep-16-15 2:08 pm
LONDON - With the race for the 2024 Olympics now officially underway, the five bid cities face a two-year campaign to convince IOC members that they offer the best project.
- Race is on: 5 cities to compete for 2024 Summer Olympics Updated: Sep-16-15 7:17 am
LONDON - The race is on for the 2024 Olympics: A five-city contest pitting four European bids against a two-time host from the United States.
- 5 cities set to be in running for 2024 Olympics Updated: Sep-15-15 3:12 pm
LONDON - With Toronto deciding against a last-minute bid, five cities are set to be in contention for the 2024 Olympics when the race opens officially on Wednesday, pitting four European cities against a two-time host from the United States.
- NHL players set for World Cup of Hockey; Olympics unclear Updated: Sep-09-15 9:48 pm
TORONTO - The World Cup of Hockey is coming back, and NHL Commissioner Gary Bettman insists that doesn't necessarily mean the league will skip the 2018 Olympics.
- Hamburg sends bid for 2024 Olympics to IOC Updated: Sep-09-15 10:31 am
HAMBURG, Germany - Hamburg formally submitted its bid for the 2024 Olympics on Wednesday, hoping to bring the games back to Germany for the first time since in 52 years.