- Report: German president boycotting Sochi Olympics Updated: Dec-08-13 9:54 am
- German sports body appoints Bach successor Updated: Dec-07-13 9:52 am
- German anti-doping lab finds 266 steroids cases Updated: Nov-29-13 9:31 am
- 5 Things to Know about the World Cup of Golf Updated: Nov-19-13 12:25 am
- UN adopts symbolic Olympic truce period Updated: Nov-06-13 2:26 pm
BERLIN - German President Joachim Gauck is boycotting the Winter Olympics and will not travel to Sochi, Russia next year.
WIESBADEN, Germany - Germany's national sports body appointed Alfons Hoermann as president on Saturday, filling the position vacated by Thomas Bach when he took over as president of the International Olympic Committee.
ZURICH - A German anti-doping laboratory using a new steroid test has found 266 positive cases in the past year and is finding other positives in retesting of old samples.
MELBOURNE, Australia - The World Cup of Golf begins Thursday at Royal Melbourne with 26 two-man teams and eight individual golfers vying for $8 million in prize money. Here are five things to know about the tournament that celebrates its 60th year in 2013:
UNITED NATIONS - The U.N. General Assembly on Wednesday adopted a symbolic resolution calling for a global truce throughout the 2014 Winter Olympics and Paralympic games in Sochi, Russia.