- Ohio chief justice says court can't eliminate grand juries Updated: May-05-15 4:19 am
COLUMBUS, Ohio - The chief justice of the Ohio Supreme Court has told a state senator the court is powerless to get rid of the grand jury process.
- Cleveland jock tax on out-of-town athletes unconstitutional Updated: Apr-30-15 11:11 pm
COLUMBUS, Ohio - The way Cleveland taxes professional athletes who work for short periods of time in the city is unconstitutional because it violates athletes' due process rights, the Ohio Supreme Court said Thursday.
- Ohio court denies police captain's appeal on murder trial Updated: Apr-30-15 12:28 pm
AKRON, Ohio - The Ohio Supreme Court has rejected an appeal by a former Akron police captain who had argued a judge's previous ruling entitled him to a new trial in the 1987 slaying of his ex-wife.
- Ohio Supreme Court to weigh debate over inmate's case file Updated: Apr-30-15 3:11 am
COLUMBUS, Ohio - The Ohio Supreme Court won't dismiss a lawsuit against Columbus police seeking the complete files of a long-closed criminal case.
- Ohio justice says fellow Democrats made bad Senate race pick Updated: Apr-13-15 6:55 pm
COLUMBUS, Ohio - The lone Democrat elected to top statewide office in Ohio is slamming his party for its weekend endorsement of former Gov. Ted Strickland in the race for U.S. Senate.