- Diego Costa fails to quell nerves in Spain debut Updated: Mar-06-14 2:14 am
- Brazil warms up in style; Spain, France win Updated: Mar-06-14 12:26 am
- Pedro scores as Spain beats Italy 1-0 in friendly Updated: Mar-05-14 7:03 pm
- World Cup teams mark 99 days to go with friendlies Updated: Mar-03-14 11:16 am
- Italy coach Prandelli considers extending contract Updated: Mar-03-14 9:33 am
- Spain calls up Diego Costa for Italy friendly Updated: Feb-28-14 11:11 am
- Spain gets nice draw for Euro 2016 qualifiers Updated: Feb-23-14 10:51 am
- 5 things to know about the Europa League Updated: Feb-19-14 9:39 am
MADRID - Overcome by nerves before his Spain debut, Diego Costa did little to shake them with his performance in Wednesday's 1-0 victory over Italy.
LONDON - Brazil showed its national team is in better shape than the country's stadiums with a 5-0 thrashing of South Africa on Wednesday, and defending champion Spain overcame Italy 1-0 in its final big test before the tournament kicks off, as teams prepared for the World Cup in a series of friendly matches.
MADRID - Pedro Rodriguez stole the spotlight from debutant Diego Costa by scoring Spain's second-half winner in a 1-0 friendly victory over Italy on Wednesday in a rematch of the 2012 European Championship final.
LONDON - World Cup contenders will hope to find out this week if they are better prepared for the tournament than some of the Brazilian stadiums they will be playing in.
MILAN - Italy coach Cesare Prandelli has changed his mind and is now more seriously considering a contract extension with the national team.
MADRID - Brazilian-born forward Diego Costa was called up by Spain on Friday for next week's friendly against Italy, and veteran strikers David Villa and Fernando Torres were not wanted.
NICE, France - Two-time defending European champion Spain faces a seemingly comfortable road to defend its title at Euro 2016 after being drawn Sunday with Luxembourg, Macedonia, Belarus, Slovakia and Ukraine for the qualifiers.
LONDON - Juventus certainly had grander designs in Europe this season. But having lost 1-0 to Galatasaray in a decisive Champions League group match, the Italian powerhouse's campaign has dropped into the Europa League, with a tricky round-of-32 tie against another Turkish side, Trabzonspor.