- Rossi and Cassano included for Italy fitness tests Updated: Apr-11-14 7:11 pm
- Rossi included for Italy fitness tests Updated: Apr-11-14 7:09 pm
- Revitalized Russia ready for WCup under Capello Updated: Apr-11-14 6:03 am
- Germany to see some familiar faces at World Cup Updated: Apr-11-14 5:44 am
- Valencia fights back from 3-0 down to win 5-3 Updated: Apr-10-14 10:02 pm
- Valencia fights back from 3-0 down to win 5-3 Updated: Apr-10-14 6:59 pm
- Italy switches focus to attacking under Prandelli Updated: Apr-09-14 5:28 am
- Even before WCup, England geared up for failure Updated: Apr-09-14 5:25 am
- Uruguay: The small country nobody wants to face Updated: Apr-09-14 5:21 am
- Costa Rica coach Pinto is a student of the game Updated: Apr-09-14 5:21 am
- Italy, England and Uruguay lead group of champions Updated: Apr-09-14 5:17 am
- Roma forward Destro banned 3 matches for punch Updated: Apr-08-14 8:54 am
- Fans on field, sound system issues at WCup test Updated: Apr-04-14 11:23 am
ROME - Giuseppe Rossi and Antonio Cassano were called up for World Cup fitness tests Friday by Italy coach Cesare Prandelli, while in-form forward Mattia Destro was left out while serving a three-match ban in Serie A.
ROME - Giuseppe Rossi was selected Friday for pre-World Cup fitness tests by Italian national team coach Cesare Prandelli.
MOSCOW - Since Fabio Capello took over as Russia coach two years ago, he has revitalized the national team.
FRANKFURT, Germany - Germany will have two of its former coaches trying to prevent it from winning Group G at the World Cup.
Valencia fought back from a three-goal, first-leg deficit Thursday to beat Basel 5-0 and qualify for the Europa League semifinal, while competition favorite Juventus advanced after a tense 2-1 win at home to Lyon.
Valencia fought back from a three-goal first-leg deficit Thursday to beat Basel 5-0 and qualify for the Europa League semifinal, while competition favorite Juventus advanced after a tense 2-1 win at home to Lyon.
ROME - There was the Mario Balotelli-inspired 2-1 win over Germany in the 2012 European Championship semifinals. And long stretches of dominance over Spain in last year's Confederations Cup semifinals - even though Spain eventually won in a penalty shootout.
LONDON - Never before has England traveled to a World Cup better prepared - for the post-tournament inquest.
MONTEVIDEO, Uruguay - Diego Forlan recorded a television commercial recently wearing a T-shirt that read: "We're not the favorites, nor will we be a surprise. We are the team that no one wants to draw."
SAN JOSE, Costa Rica - Costa Rica coach Jorge Luis Pinto will need every bit of his tactical know-how if he is to lead the Central American nation out of Group D at the World Cup, where the team will play Italy, England and Uruguay.
ROME - With three former champions in Italy, England and Uruguay, plus unpredictable Costa Rica, Group D could be the World Cup's toughest.
ROME - Roma forward Mattia Destro was banned for three matches Tuesday for punching Cagliari defender Davide Astori, handing the second-place squad a big blow for its faint Serie A title hopes.
SAO PAULO - Fans on the field and no sound for the national anthem marked the first major test event at a Brazil World Cup stadium.