- Independent probe of Hawaii lab explosion expected in May Updated: Apr-27-16 7:01 pm
HONOLULU - The University of Hawaii says an independent investigation into what caused a laboratory explosion that seriously injured a visiting researcher has been delayed by several weeks.
- UH football players accused of resisting arrest, harassment Updated: Apr-26-16 3:05 pm
HONOLULU - Two University of Hawaii football players are facing charges after one of them got into a scuffle with officers responding to a domestic disturbance call at a Honolulu apartment complex.
- Attorney objects to judge appointment in telescope case Updated: Apr-22-16 9:24 am
HILO, Hawaii - A Honolulu attorney is asking the state to find another hearings officer to oversee the next contested case for the construction of the Thirty Meter Telescope over concerns of a conflict of interest.
- The Latest: University: UC probe will have more on lab blast Updated: Apr-18-16 11:10 pm
HONOLULU - The Latest on the Honolulu Fire Department's report on a lab explosion at the University of Hawaii last month (all times local):
- UH football players arrested after scuffle with police Updated: Apr-13-16 9:01 am
HONOLULU - Police say two University of Hawaii football players have been arrested after one of them got into a scuffle with officers who had responded to a domestic disturbance call.
- Background checks delay Hawaii marijuana dispensary choice Updated: Apr-08-16 10:27 pm
HONOLULU - The Hawaii Department of Health says it's having delays in the process of selecting medical marijuana dispensary owners because of an issue with background checks. The announcement comes just seven days before the department is scheduled to announce the state's first medical marijuana dispensary owners.
- Hawaii researchers focus on data to combat Zika virus Updated: Apr-05-16 4:38 am
HONOLULU - As the Zika outbreak takes hold in Latin America, researchers thousands of miles away in Hawaii are using data to figure out where it might spread next.