- Ex-Sen. Bryan only 2nd on UNR campus honored with statue Updated: Apr-29-16 10:21 pm
RENO, Nevada - Former U.S. Sen. and Nevada Gov. Richard Bryan has become only the second person in the history of the University of Nevada, Reno to have a statue dedicated in his honor at the school founded in 1874.
- Raiders in Las Vegas? It's still several hurdles away Updated: Apr-29-16 8:47 pm
LAS VEGAS - Raiders owner Mark Davis pledged this week to relocate his NFL team from Oakland to Las Vegas if a proposed $1.4 billion, 65,000-seat domed stadium is built. Here are some hurdles the proposal would have to clear before becoming reality.
- Trooper hit by motorcycle, arrest made at Vegas crash scene Updated: Apr-28-16 12:55 pm
LAS VEGAS - An officer says a veteran Nevada Highway Patrol trooper was injured when a motorcycle struck him at the scene of an earlier crash on a busy freeway ramp in Las Vegas.
- 2 from Florida killed in motorcycle crash near Lake Mead Updated: Apr-27-16 6:35 pm
LAS VEGAS - Authorities in Las Vegas say a Florida couple was killed in a motorcycle crash on a curve of a scenic desert road near the Lake Mead reservoir behind Hoover Dam.
- NV Gov. may sue if BLM won't pony up for mustang roundups Updated: Apr-27-16 4:42 am
RENO, Nevada - Nevada Gov. Brian Sandoval is considering legal action to force the U.S. Bureau of Land Management to pony up some money to pay for roundups of wild horses in the state that have been put on hold because of federal budgetary constraints.
- Nevada GOP congressional hopefuls talk taxes, Trump at forum Updated: Apr-26-16 9:05 pm
HENDERSON, Nevada - Republican candidates in an increasingly tense southern Nevada congressional race staked out positions Tuesday on when it's OK to raise taxes, whether they'd support Donald Trump if he's the party's nominee and whether transgender people should be limited to certain bathrooms.
- Police: Man dead after Nevada chase was sought in California Updated: Apr-26-16 5:58 pm
LAS VEGAS - Authorities say a 52-year-old man found dead in his vehicle after a chase on Interstate 15 in Nevada was being sought at the time in the shooting death of his wife in the California desert city of Indio.
- Sparks couple killed in crash ID'd; man facing DUI charges Updated: Apr-25-16 4:44 pm
SPARKS, Nevada - Authorities have identified a Sparks couple killed in a weekend crash involving a 35-year-old man jailed on suspicion of hit-and-run and driving under the influence.
- 2 dead in Sparks collision caused by suspected drunk driver Updated: Apr-24-16 4:55 pm
SPARKS, Nevada - Two people are dead and a suspected drunk driver is in custody following a vehicle collision in Sparks.
- Nevada Supreme Court overturns 2014 murder conviction Updated: Apr-20-16 4:33 am
CARSON CITY, Nevada - The Nevada Supreme Court has overturned the murder conviction of a Carson City man sentenced to 20 years to life in prison for striking and killing a teenager with a minivan.
- Nevada charges prison guard in inmate's shooting death Updated: Apr-18-16 7:08 pm
LAS VEGAS - The Nevada attorney general on Monday charged a former prison guard trainee with involuntary manslaughter in the shotgun killing of a handcuffed inmate in a prison hallway in 2014.
- Nevada Gov. Brian Sandoval endorsing Kasich for GOP nominee Updated: Apr-16-16 5:14 pm
LAS VEGAS - Nevada Gov. Brian Sandoval is endorsing Ohio Gov. John Kasich to be the next Republican nominee for president.
- Tarkanian, Roberson jockey for lead in House fundraising Updated: Apr-15-16 10:32 pm
LAS VEGAS - A heated Republican primary to replace outgoing Nevada Rep. Joe Heck escalated on Friday, after campaign finance reports showed the two are jockeying for first place in fundraising.
- Senate hopeful Masto outraises Republican Heck last quarter Updated: Apr-15-16 3:30 pm
LAS VEGAS - Democrat Catherine Cortez Masto has outraised her Republican rival Joe Heck recently in the race to replace Sen. Harry Reid, although Heck has more money in the bank.
- Judge sides with GOP Assembly hopeful in residency challenge Updated: Apr-14-16 7:42 pm
RENO, Nevada - Northern Nevada Republican Assembly candidate Jason Guinasso says he's relieved after a judge ruled in his favor in a residency dispute.
- Suit: US grouse protections driven by politics, not science Updated: Apr-11-16 2:10 pm
RENO, Nevada - Rural Nevadans suing to block the Obama administration's greater sage grouse protection plan say a trail of internal government documents shows politics drove a pre-determined policy that conflicts with scientific findings.
- Baker to address GOP Jewish group in Las Vegas Updated: Apr-06-16 4:50 pm
BOSTON - Gov. Charlie Baker is headed to Las Vegas to speak at a weekend event that will feature several top conservative leaders and a controversial Texas minister.
- Nevada high court hears appeal in Las Vegas hepatitis C case Updated: Apr-06-16 2:51 pm
LAS VEGAS - A once-prominent Las Vegas doctor wants the Nevada Supreme Court to overturn his convictions in the largest hepatitis C outbreak in state history.
- Nevada high court hears Las Vegas Sands judge-bias arguments Updated: Apr-05-16 8:27 pm
LAS VEGAS - One of the nation's most prominent lawyers told the Nevada Supreme Court on Tuesday that judges shouldn't make public statements about cases, and a Las Vegas judge handling a lawsuit involving casino mogul Sheldon Adelson should be forced to step aside for doing so.
- Former Nevada Supreme Court Justice Cliff Young dies at 93 Updated: Apr-04-16 9:13 pm
CARSON CITY, Nevada - Former Nevada Supreme Court Justice C. Clifton Young, who also served as a member of Congress and the Nevada Legislature, has died.
- Nevada court hears casino mogul Adelson's defamation case Updated: Apr-04-16 5:52 pm
LAS VEGAS - Nevada's highest court is being asked again if a political group defamed casino mogul Sheldon Adelson in 2012 with an Internet ad alleging that Adelson used prostitution-tainted money from casinos in China to fund Republican causes in the U.S.
- Woman killed in Las Vegas freeway rollover crash Updated: Apr-02-16 12:55 pm
LAS VEGAS - Authorities say a 20-year-old woman was killed in a crash while traveling on Interstate 15 in Las Vegas.
- New trial ordered for man convicted of killing prostitutes Updated: Apr-01-16 7:21 pm
CARSON CITY, Nevada - The Nevada Supreme Court ordered a new trial for a man convicted of killing two prostitutes in 2006, saying prosecutors purposely discriminated by excluding a black woman from the jury.