- Troopers: Men driving in Nevada had 200 pounds marijuana Updated: Oct-06-15 12:59 pm
ELKO, Nevada - Nevada Highway Patrol troopers have arrested two out-of-state men they say had more than 200 pounds of marijuana in their vehicle.
- Nevada lawmaker Jim Wheeler backs Cruz after Walker dropout Updated: Oct-06-15 12:40 pm
CARSON CITY, Nevada - Republican presidential candidate Ted Cruz is picking up an endorsement from a former member of Scott Walker's Nevada campaign team.
- Senate hopeful Heck backed by most all GOP Nevada lawmakers Updated: Oct-05-15 7:53 pm
CARSON CITY, Nevada - Republican U.S. Senate candidate Joe Heck is announcing endorsements from all but three Republicans in the Nevada Legislature.
- Transgender student's bathroom request stirs Nevada debate Updated: Oct-05-15 6:16 pm
LAS VEGAS - A transgender student who wanted to use the boy's bathroom and locker room at his school in Nevada has sparked a new round of debate among legislators over the issue.
- 2 drivers sought in Vegas hit-run cases could face new law Updated: Oct-05-15 4:20 pm
LAS VEGAS - Twice in the first three days after a tough new Nevada law made prison mandatory for drivers convicted of fleeing a crash causing death or serious injury, police in Las Vegas began investigating hit-and-run wrecks for which the statute may apply.
- Former Nevada Gov. Bob List endorses Marco Rubio Updated: Oct-05-15 8:17 am
CARSON CITY, Nevada - Former Nevada Gov. Bob List is endorsing Marco Rubio for president after the first candidate he backed dropped out of the race.
- Nevada officials react warily to EPA's new ozone rule Updated: Oct-03-15 10:51 am
CARSON CITY, Nevada - Nevada leaders reacted cautiously this week to the Environmental Protection Agency's stricter new limits on smog-causing pollution, with Gov. Brian Sandoval saying the rule could punish the state for circumstances out of its control and environmental and manufacturing groups staking out opposite positions against it.
- Judge throws out petition to repeal Nevada tax package Updated: Oct-01-15 9:06 pm
CARSON CITY, Nevada - A Carson City judge tossed out a petition Thursday that seeks a ballot question repealing the entire $1.1 billion tax package that Nevada lawmakers passed this spring.
- Rand Paul announces 2 endorsements from Nevada Assembly Updated: Oct-01-15 8:30 pm
CARSON CITY, Nevada - Republican presidential hopeful Rand Paul is lining up support among freshman lawmakers in the Nevada Assembly.
- Republican announces bid for Seaman's Vegas Assembly seat Updated: Sep-29-15 2:05 pm
CARSON CITY, Nevada - A retired law enforcement officer says he'll be running for the Assembly seat being vacated by Republican Victoria Seaman.
- Democrats back candidate in key Vegas-area state Senate race Updated: Sep-28-15 2:06 pm
CARSON CITY, Nevada - Nevada Senate Democrats are endorsing a Clark County deputy district attorney in a key state legislative race.
- Nevada Highway Patrol to enforce law protecting cyclists Updated: Sep-26-15 1:24 pm
LAS VEGAS - The Nevada Highway Patrol is cracking down on a law meant to protect bicycle riders from drivers.
- Reaction to grouse listing runs gamut in Nevada, key state Updated: Sep-22-15 2:48 pm
RENO, Nevada - Reaction to the government's decision to deny the greater sage grouse protection under the Endangered Species Act runs the gamut in Nevada, home to some of the best quality remaining habitat in the West and second only to Wyoming in terms of sheer numbers of the bird.
- Nevada Supreme Court denies request to withdraw guilty plea Updated: Sep-18-15 6:02 am
CARSON CITY, Nevada - The Nevada Supreme Court has denied a petition asking for a man accused of strangling his ex-wife in front of her 6-year-old daughter to withdraw his guilty plea.
- AG asks Nevada Planned Parenthood about abortion practices Updated: Sep-16-15 8:36 pm
CARSON CITY, Nevada - Nevada Attorney General Adam Laxalt is asking Planned Parenthood entities in Nevada for details about how they conduct abortions.
- Hit-and-run driver, victim may have interacted Updated: Sep-16-15 12:54 pm
RENO, Nevada - Nevada Highway Patrol says a Subaru driver and motorcyclist likely interacted with each other just before they crashed in a fatal hit-and-run.
- Debate resumes in Las Vegas about Nevada nuclear dump idea Updated: Sep-16-15 1:13 am
LAS VEGAS - The debate resumed Tuesday in Nevada about the possibility of radioactive contamination of the underground water supply from a proposed national nuclear waste repository in the desert near where nuclear weapons tests were conducted for decades.
- Former Assemblywoman Heidi Gansert running for state Senate Updated: Sep-15-15 4:26 pm
RENO, Nevada - Republican former Assemblywoman Heidi Gansert says she'll run for the northern Nevada Senate seat being vacated by fellow Republican Greg Brower.
- Person hurt after falling from moving car while vomiting Updated: Sep-15-15 5:31 am
RENO, Nevada - A person has been arrested for an impairment-related charge after a person was injured on Interstate 80 near Mogul when they fell out of a moving car while vomiting.
- Freeway to be renamed in honor of fallen Carson City deputy Updated: Sep-14-15 8:26 pm
CARSON CITY, Nevada - State officials plan to rename a Carson City freeway to honor a deputy who was killed in the line of duty in August.
- Republican Jeb Bush schedules rally in Las Vegas next week Updated: Sep-11-15 6:22 pm
LAS VEGAS - Republican presidential candidate Jeb Bush is scheduled for another visit to Nevada next week.
- GOP's Walker to visit Vegas, unveil plan to fight unions Updated: Sep-11-15 3:26 pm
LAS VEGAS - Republican presidential hopeful Scott Walker is planning to unveil his national plan to weaken labor unions during a town hall meeting in Las Vegas next week.
- OJ Simpson appeal rejected by Nevada Supreme Court Updated: Sep-11-15 2:48 pm
LAS VEGAS - A lawyer for O.J. Simpson said Friday they'll decide their next step after the Nevada Supreme Court rejected the imprisoned former football star's latest appeal of his 2008 kidnapping and armed robbery conviction.
- School but no students: Private education at crossroads Updated: Sep-11-15 6:15 am
RENO, Nevada - Heather Cameron shows up to work every day and sits in a silent school, alone, hopeful today will be different than the last.
- GOP state Sen. Brower says he won't seek re-election in 2016 Updated: Sep-09-15 12:52 pm
RENO, Nevada - Republican state Sen. Greg Brower will not seek re-election in his northern Nevada district in 2016.