- Arizona lawmaker to lead Nevada anti-school bullying program Updated: Aug-28-15 4:33 pm
PHOENIX - Nevada education officials have tapped an Arizona lawmaker to run a new anti-bullying program championed by Gov. Brian Sandoval.
- ACLU sues to block sweeping Nevada education funding program Updated: Aug-27-15 8:56 pm
CARSON CITY, Nevada - A Nevada education funding program that's considered the nation's broadest school choice initiative attracted its first legal challenge Thursday, with three civil liberties groups saying it violates the state constitution by releasing public funds to religious schools.
- Nevada governor talks with Obama about greater sage grouse Updated: Aug-24-15 10:52 pm
LAS VEGAS - Nevada Gov. Brian Sandoval talked privately Monday with President Barack Obama about keeping the greater sage grouse off the endangered species list in 11 Western states.
- Nevada, California talk Tahoe traffic fixes at 19th summit Updated: Aug-24-15 6:59 pm
ZEPHYR COVE, Nevada - Officials from both Nevada and California gathered on the shores of Lake Tahoe on Monday to discuss how to deal with the heavy visitor traffic that takes a toll on the lake environment.
- 1 dead, 1 hurt in rollover crash on US 95 in Las Vegas Updated: Aug-23-15 1:19 pm
LAS VEGAS - Authorities say a woman has died and another man is in critical condition after a rollover crash on U.S. 95 in Las Vegas.
- Back-to-school means new scholarships, more breakfast Updated: Aug-23-15 10:47 am
CARSON CITY, Nevada - Teachers and students heading back to school will notice a buffet of new education programs thanks to a busy session of the Nevada Legislature this spring. From perks to help fight the state's severe teacher shortage to a brand new scholarship for college students in need, here are things to look out for:
- Nevada Supreme Court to move to new Vegas building by 2017 Updated: Aug-21-15 6:17 am
LAS VEGAS - The Nevada Supreme Court plans to have a new Las Vegas address by 2017, in a building due to be built for it near the Clark County Regional Justice Center.
- Reid: 'I will do everything I can' to stop Nevada tax repeal Updated: Aug-20-15 8:10 pm
RENO, Nevada - Sen. Harry Reid said he's willing to do everything he can to help Gov. Brian Sandoval's $1.1 billion tax package survive a potential challenge at the ballot, even though he's not actively involved in the fight now.
- Democratic lawmaker Kirkpatrick named to Clark County panel Updated: Aug-18-15 7:28 pm
CARSON CITY, Nevada - Gov. Brian Sandoval appointed Democratic Nevada Assemblywoman Marilyn Kirkpatrick to the Clark County Commission on Tuesday, filling a vacancy created when Commissioner Tom Collins suddenly resigned last week.
- Yerington man, 21, killed in crash on I-80 east of Reno Updated: Aug-14-15 3:42 pm
SPARKS, Nevada - Nevada state troopers say they don't know why a 21-year-old Yerington man lost control of his car before he was killed in a single-vehicle rollover on U.S. Interstate 80 about 20 miles east of Reno near the Derby Dam.
- 2 GOP presidential candidates in Vegas ahead of Basque Fry Updated: Aug-14-15 6:18 am
LAS VEGAS - Two Republican presidential candidates are in Las Vegas a day ahead of rural Nevada's Inaugural Basque Fry political event.
- Laxalt hopes Basque Fry becomes can't-miss GOP campaign stop Updated: Aug-13-15 8:08 pm
CARSON CITY, Nevada - Nevada Attorney General Adam Laxalt said he hopes his Basque-themed gathering of Republican presidential candidates this weekend will become a can't-miss campaign tradition that turns the course of elections and spawns copycat events throughout the Silver State.
- Rep. Amodei, ex Lt. Gov. Krolicki join Jeb Bush Nevada team Updated: Aug-13-15 2:32 pm
CARSON CITY, Nevada - Republican presidential candidate Jeb Bush has added three big-name Nevada officials to his team in the past two days.
- South Carolina woman killed in U-Haul crash on I-80, Carlin Updated: Aug-13-15 1:11 pm
CARLIN, Nevada - A South Carolina woman driving a U-Haul truck on Interstate 80 in northeast Nevada has been killed in a crash on an exit ramp near Carlin.
- Heck plans to extend 'aggressive' Hispanic outreach effort Updated: Aug-12-15 4:32 pm
CARSON CITY, Nevada - Republican Rep. Joe Heck says his team has a great relationship with the Latino community in his district and plans to replicate their "aggressive" outreach efforts on a statewide scale for his Senate campaign.
- Las Vegas developer proposes casino by Indianapolis airport Updated: Aug-11-15 3:17 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - A Las Vegas-based casino developer has proposed a deal to Indiana and Indianapolis officials if they let Rising Sun Casino Resort move half of its 1,400 gambling tables to Marion County.
- Longtime Douglas county District Judge Robison dies at 78 Updated: Aug-10-15 9:01 pm
GARDNERVILLE, Nevada - A long-time former state judge in Douglas County has died.
- Nev. lawmakers adopt Common Core high school math standards Updated: Aug-10-15 5:04 pm
CARSON CITY, Nevada - Nevada lawmakers have given final approval to adopting Common Core math standards for high school students.
- Pennsylvania man dead in crash on interstate outside Vegas Updated: Aug-10-15 5:01 pm
MESQUITE, Nevada - Authorities say a 77-year-old Pennsylvania man died and a woman was injured in a fiery weekend crash involving their 2005 Jaguar sedan and a truck hauling pork products on an interstate highway about 70 miles northeast of Las Vegas.
- Fiery crash kills one, closes Interstate 15 near Mesquite Updated: Aug-09-15 7:28 pm
LAS VEGAS - Nevada Highway Patrol troopers are investigating a fiery crash that killed one person and closed Interstate 15 near Mesquite.
- Vegas-area state highway closed after SUV-motorcycle crash Updated: Aug-07-15 3:56 pm
MOUNTAIN SPRINGS, Nevada - The Nevada Highway Patrol says two people on a motorcycle were hurt in a crash with an SUV that closed the main highway between Las Vegas and Pahrump for about three hours.
- Obama to co-host fundraiser for Senate hopeful Cortez Masto Updated: Aug-06-15 1:18 pm
LAS VEGAS - President Barack Obama is co-hosting a fundraiser in Las Vegas for Democratic Senate candidate Catherine Cortez Masto.
- Rep. Amodei says he'd run for governor if Heller doesn't Updated: Aug-05-15 2:08 pm
CARSON CITY, Nevada - Republican Nevada Rep. Mark Amodei says he'd run for governor in 2018 if Sen. Dean Heller didn't.
- Driver dies, passengers injured in truck crash near Speedway Updated: Aug-03-15 9:31 pm
LAS VEGAS - Authorities say the 35-year-old driver of a pickup truck towing a travel trailer on northbound Interstate 15 died from his injuries after the vehicle overturned near the Las Vegas Motor Speedway exit.
- Officials calling Nevada solar future bright under EPA rules Updated: Aug-03-15 6:06 pm
LAS VEGAS - Several Nevada government and business leaders said Monday they see a bright future for renewable energy projects in the state under federal rules tightening pollution controls for greenhouse gas emissions from existing power plants.