- How will Nevada handle Obama's historic anti-pollution push? Updated: Aug-01-15 2:55 pm
CARSON CITY, Nevada - The Obama administration is embarking on an unprecedented push to limit the amount of carbon pollution from the nation's power plants, and Nevada expects to find out this week how much it needs to reduce emissions.
- Custom airplane makes emergency landing near Fernley Updated: Jul-31-15 6:15 am
FERNLEY, Nevada - A married couple was forced to make an emergency landing in their small custom airplane along U.S. 95 near Fernley.
- GOP Assemblywoman Victoria Seaman seeks state Senate seat Updated: Jul-30-15 7:37 pm
CARSON CITY, Nevada - Nevada Assemblywoman Victoria Seaman said she plans to run for the Las Vegas-area state Senate seat held by a fellow Republican.
- Nevada Assemblyman Richard Carrillo found guilty of DUI Updated: Jul-27-15 8:47 pm
CARSON CITY, Nevada - Nevada Assemblyman Richard Carrillo was found guilty Monday of driving under the influence and possessing a firearm while intoxicated, but he won't have to serve jail time in the case.
- Uber, Lyft rules being drafted; process could take months Updated: Jul-23-15 8:17 pm
CARSON CITY, Nevada - It's been almost two months since Gov. Brian Sandoval signed hard-fought bills clearing the way for ride-hailing in Nevada, but it could be months more before companies such as Uber and Lyft actually hit the roads.
- Hutchison orders flags to half-staff after Tenn. shooting Updated: Jul-22-15 6:40 pm
CARSON CITY, Nevada - Nevada Lt. Gov. Mark Hutchison has ordered flags at public buildings be flown at half-staff to honor the victims of last week's shooting in Chattanooga, Tennessee.
- President of conservative Nevada think tank joins House race Updated: Jul-21-15 12:35 am
CARSON CITY, Nevada - The president of the conservative Nevada Policy Research Institute has resigned his post to become the fourth Republican seeking the state's 3rd Congressional District seat.
- Henderson man dies in head-on collision on state route 160 Updated: Jul-20-15 3:54 pm
LAS VEGAS - Nevada Highway Patrol says a 61-year-old man from Henderson is dead after a 24-year-old woman driving on state route 160 Sunday morning hit the car he was riding in head-on.
- Las Vegas Mayor Carolyn Goodman endorses Heck for Senate Updated: Jul-20-15 3:47 pm
LAS VEGAS - Las Vegas Mayor Carolyn Goodman is endorsing Republican Rep. Joe Heck in his bid for Senate.
- Overnight closures for Carson City freeway project to start Updated: Jul-19-15 5:01 pm
CARSON CITY, Nevada - Nighttime road closures in South Carson City as part of a freeway project will begin Sunday.
- Driving from Nevada to California? Better wait, trooper says Updated: Jul-17-15 8:52 pm
LAS VEGAS - Nevada Highway Patrol says travelers planning to drive from Las Vegas to Southern California on Friday night through a mountain pass north of San Bernardino should wait.
- Lee leads Democratic rivals for Congress in fundraising Updated: Jul-15-15 8:19 pm
CARSON CITY, Nevada - Political newcomer Susie Lee has an early fundraising lead in the four-way Democratic primary for Nevada's 4th Congressional District seat.
- Heller, Hardy, Amodei back fellow Republican Heck for Senate Updated: Jul-15-15 11:59 am
CARSON CITY, Nevada - Sen. Dean Heller and congressmen Mark Amodei and Cresent Hardy are formally endorsing their Republican colleague Joe Heck for Senate.
- Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker kicks off Nevada campaign Updated: Jul-14-15 6:15 pm
LAS VEGAS - Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker made his first stop in Nevada as a presidential candidate on Tuesday, arguing his success implementing conservative policies in Wisconsin can be taken nationwide.
- Reid brother pleads no contest to 2 misdemeanors in DUI case Updated: Jul-14-15 5:43 pm
LAS VEGAS - U.S. Sen. Harry Reid's brother pleaded no contest Tuesday to misdemeanor driving under the influence and resisting arrest to close a case stemming from an arrest five months ago.
- NHP seeks hit-and-run suspect in Reno cycle fatal on US 395 Updated: Jul-13-15 8:31 pm
RENO, Nevada - The Nevada Highway Patrol is looking for a suspect in a hit-and-run accident that killed a motorcyclist over the weekend on U.S. Highway 395 north of Reno.
- Republican Danny Tarkanian announces bid for Congress Updated: Jul-13-15 7:17 pm
CARSON CITY, Nevada - Republican Danny Tarkanian announced Monday that he'll run for the 3rd Congressional District seat being vacated by fellow Republican Rep. Joe Heck.
- Masto, Heck ramp up fundraising in Nevada US Senate race Updated: Jul-10-15 8:56 pm
CARSON CITY, Nevada - Democratic former Nevada Attorney General Catherine Cortez Masto announced that she has raised $1.1 million since launching her campaign for U.S. Senate three months ago, although her newly announced Republican opponent has a larger stash of cash.
- Nevada Republicans upset; Democrats hail national monument Updated: Jul-10-15 5:02 pm
LAS VEGAS - The sudden designation of a state-sized area of desert, valleys and mountains in Nevada as a new national monument was derided Friday by local congressmen as an act of political cronyism involving outgoing U.S. Sen. Harry Reid and President Barack Obama.
- Veterans policy chief promoted to homeland security adviser Updated: Jul-10-15 2:14 pm
CARSON CITY, Nevada - Gov. Brian Sandoval has appointed his director of military and veterans policy to serve as the state's point person for the U.S. Department of Homeland Security.
- Aviation firms promise more jobs after getting tax breaks Updated: Jul-09-15 11:43 pm
CARSON CITY, Nevada - A state board granted tax breaks to seven Nevada aviation industry companies on Thursday, marking the first time officials have used a new incentive program aimed at keeping planes from flying out-of-state to a better tax climate when they need multimillion-dollar repairs.
- Troopers identify 36-year-old driver of high-speed chase Updated: Jul-08-15 8:38 pm
LAS VEGAS - Nevada Highway Patrol says the 36-year-old man who led them on a 45-minute high-speed chase from Las Vegas to Boulder City and back again, injuring three troopers, could face multiple charges after being arrested Tuesday.
- Republican State Sen. Michael Roberson running for Congress Updated: Jul-08-15 7:54 pm
CARSON CITY, Nevada - Republican Nevada state Sen. Michael Roberson announced Wednesday that he'll run for the southern Nevada congressional seat currently held by Republican Rep. Joe Heck.
- GOP lawmaker Fiore defends Confederate flag as history Updated: Jul-08-15 7:33 pm
CARSON CITY, Nevada - A Republican Nevada assemblywoman defended the Confederate flag on Wednesday, saying it's a piece of American history and should remain in place at the South Carolina statehouse in spite of efforts to remove it.
- Pair from Utah die in Nevada crash, 1-year-old survives Updated: Jul-06-15 9:19 pm
WELLS, Nevada - Nevada troopers say a 38-year-old man and 20-year-old woman from Logan, Utah died early Sunday morning when their Ford Explorer overturned on Interstate 80 in Wells, Nevada. A one-year-old girl in a car seat that was not belted inside the Explorer survived without any injuries.