- Snow could cause Thanksgiving travel problems in the West Updated: Nov-25-15 2:56 pm
DENVER - A storm left ice and snow on roads in Montana on Wednesday and could cause headaches for those traveling in Wyoming for Thanksgiving before it moves into Colorado.
- Nevada court tells hospital not to pull plug in Reno case Updated: Nov-20-15 2:50 am
RENO, Nevada - The Nevada Supreme Court ruled that a Reno hospital must keep a 20-year-old comatose college student on life-support, pending a review of the legality of a medical standard used to determine she was brain dead.
- New attorney general program gives legal help for servicemen Updated: Nov-18-15 7:20 pm
CARSON CITY, Nevada - When service members are deployed into combat zones, they need to concentrate on the battles in front of them - not on a looming eviction or a pending child custody dispute back home, according to Brigadier Gen. William Burks.
- Democratic energy consultant Chris Brooks runs for Assembly Updated: Nov-17-15 3:49 pm
CARSON CITY, Nevada - Democratic energy consultant Chris Brooks has announced he's running for a Las Vegas Assembly seat.
- Nevada Dem insiders either support Clinton or aren't saying Updated: Nov-13-15 11:08 am
CARSON CITY, Nevada - Nevada delegates who are free to choose whichever candidate they would like at the Democratic National Convention next year are either backing Hillary Rodham Clinton or not saying who they would support, according to an Associated Press survey.
- Democrat Vinny Spotleson announces Nevada Assembly bid Updated: Nov-10-15 6:17 pm
CARSON CITY, Nevada - A former staffer for Democratic Sen. Harry Reid has announced he'll run for the Nevada Assembly seat held by Republican Derek Armstrong.
- Three-state chase of stolen car ends in apparent suicide Updated: Nov-10-15 12:09 pm
KINGMAN, Arizona - Arizona authorities say an ex-convict was found dead after apparently shooting herself when a stolen car ran out of gas following a three-state chase.
- GOP group's debate ad criticizes Cortez Masto over Iran Updated: Nov-10-15 6:30 am
CARSON CITY, Nevada - A Republican group plans to run a commercial during Tuesday's presidential debate criticizing Democratic U.S. Senate candidate Catherine Cortez Masto for her position on Iran.
- State awards $560M contract in Project NEON highway widening Updated: Nov-09-15 1:59 pm
CARSON CITY, Nevada - Transportation officials have awarded the largest construction job in Nevada's history to widen the state's busiest stretch of highway.
- A year out, 2 sides claw for Nevada Legislature majority Updated: Nov-07-15 3:22 pm
CARSON CITY, Nevada - When Republicans rode a nationwide "red wave" in 2014 to take control of the Nevada Legislature, their unexpected majority didn't just give them the clout to win votes on individual bills. It also gave them a more subtle power: the leadership roles that determine which bills came up for discussion.
- GOP's Lauren Scott trying again for Sparks Assembly seat Updated: Nov-04-15 6:35 pm
CARSON CITY, Nevada - Republican Lauren Scott has announced she'll run for the Sparks Assembly seat currently held by two-term Democrat Mark Sprinkle.
- Pahrump GOP Assemblyman James Oscarson seeking re-election Updated: Nov-04-15 3:16 pm
PAHRUMP, Nevada - Two-term Republican Assemblyman James Oscarson says he'll seek re-election in a race that promises to be one of the toughest in the state.
- Traffic on I-80 stopped by motorcyclists driving in circles Updated: Nov-02-15 11:23 am
RENO, Nevada - The Nevada Highway Patrol says that traffic was stopped on Interstate 80 by a group of motorcyclists driving doughnuts as part of a memorial for a fallen friend.
- Former Saudi airman files appeal of 35-year rape sentence Updated: Oct-28-15 4:49 pm
LAS VEGAS - A former Saudi Arabian air force sergeant serving a minimum of 35 years in Nevada prison is appealing his convictions on kidnapping, rape and other charges involving a 13-year-old boy at a Las Vegas Strip hotel.
- Cyclist killed in Sparks crash was passing on I-80 shoulder Updated: Oct-28-15 1:27 pm
SPARKS, Nevada - The Nevada Highway Patrol says a motorcyclist killed in a crash on Interstate 80 in Sparks was illegally passing cars on the left shoulder when he clipped the back of one and was ejected from the cycle.
- Bear struck by car on I-580 in Washoe Valley Updated: Oct-28-15 11:41 am
WASHOE VALLEY, Nevada - Officials say a female bear was struck by a car in Interstate 580 in Washoe Valley but is expected to recover from its injuries.