- Las Vegas car dealerships settle with FTC over deceptive ads Updated: Jun-29-15 8:13 pm
LAS VEGAS - A Las Vegas car dealership accused of using deceptive ads reached a settlement with the Federal Trade Commission with the help of Nevada's former attorney general.
- Rand Paul touts small government ideals on Nevada tour Updated: Jun-29-15 4:54 pm
CARSON CITY, Nevada - Speaking to supporters from rural Elko to a Las Vegas convention center, Republican presidential candidate Sen. Rand Paul said on Monday that his path to a presidential nomination relies strongly on winning over Nevadans.
- Horse euthanized after crash on Interstate 15 Updated: Jun-28-15 12:52 pm
MOAPA, Nevada - A horse was euthanized after the trailer it was travelling in crashed on Interstate 15 near Moapa.
- Big job gains could lengthen quick Reno-Sparks commutes Updated: Jun-28-15 12:46 pm
RENO, Nevada - Focused the past two decades on new highway construction, transportation officials are now eying expanding bus transit routes, car pooling and other ride-sharing opportunities in the Reno-Sparks area to keep up with growth as tens of thousands of new workers head for Tesla Motors, Switch and other new employers in the future.
- Nevada activists celebrate court's same-sex marriage ruling Updated: Jun-26-15 6:04 pm
CARSON CITY, Nevada - Thomas Topovski first heard that the U.S. Supreme Court declared a constitutional right to same-sex marriage on a talk radio show during his morning commute.
- Girl dies in rollover crash near Nevada, California border Updated: Jun-26-15 11:50 am
PAHRUMP, Nevada - A 17-year-old girl is dead after a rollover crash ejected her from the passenger seat of a Mazda SUV late Thursday.
- Suspect in school bus hit-and-run found in second crash Updated: Jun-26-15 6:15 am
LAS VEGAS - A person suspected in a hit-and-run crash involving a school bus was found after they were involved in a second crash about half an hour later.
- NHL will explore expansion, with Las Vegas among candidates Updated: Jun-24-15 6:12 pm
LAS VEGAS - The NHL is officially exploring expansion.
- Nevada Highway Patrol's Reno office reopens after evacuation Updated: Jun-23-15 8:20 pm
RENO, Nevada - State troopers returned to work at the Nevada Highway Patrol office in Reno a day after they evacuated the building because of concerns about potentially toxic fumes.
- North Las Vegas man dies in rollover crash in Lincoln County Updated: Jun-22-15 8:20 pm
LAS VEGAS - A 36-year-old driver who wasn't wearing his seatbelt died Saturday in a single-car rollover crash in rural Lincoln County.
- Death penalty appeal rejected in 1995 murder case Updated: Jun-19-15 6:33 pm
CARSON CITY, Nevada - The Nevada Supreme Court has upheld a district court's ruling giving the death penalty to a Las Vegas man who sexually assaulted and killed his ex-girlfriend in 1995.
- High-profile Nevada Democrats being courted for Congress Updated: Jun-18-15 5:37 pm
CARSON CITY, Nevada - The news that Rep. Joe Heck is considering a bid for Nevada's open senate seat has national groups courting several high-profile Nevada Democrats in an effort to recruit candidates for the Las Vegas Republican's congressional seat.
- DUI trial for Nevada assemblyman pushed back to July Updated: Jun-17-15 9:23 pm
CARSON CITY, Nevada - A Carson City judge set a late July trial date for a Nevada assemblyman who was charged with driving under the influence and possessing a firearm while intoxicated after being found asleep in his parked car near the Capitol while the Legislature was in session.
- 500 vehicles wait out I-15 closure at Nevada-California line Updated: Jun-17-15 5:38 pm
LAS VEGAS - Closing the highway between Los Angeles and Las Vegas forced about 500 vehicles to pass the time at a casino resort area in Nevada.
- 1 dead, 1 injured after Las Vegas woman crashes near Ely Updated: Jun-17-15 6:20 am
ELY, Nevada - A 15-year-old girl was killed and another woman was injured in a single-vehicle accident on U.S. Highway 93 near Ely.
- GOP Las Vegas councilman Bob Beers drops bid for US Senate Updated: Jun-16-15 3:09 pm
CARSON CITY, Nevada - Republican Las Vegas City Councilman Bob Beers says he's dropping his long-shot bid for the U.S. Senate seat being vacated by Democratic Sen. Harry Reid.
- Nevada Gov. Brian Sandoval vetoes career-low 7 bills Updated: Jun-15-15 8:08 pm
CARSON CITY, Nevada - Nevada Gov. Brian Sandoval vetoed a career-low seven bills that passed the Republican-controlled Legislature, including measures aimed at breaking up a tiny Nevada town and changing rules on special license plates for classic cars.
- Sandoval signs bill funding Northern Nevada Veterans Home Updated: Jun-12-15 7:59 pm
CARSON CITY, Nevada - Gov. Brian Sandoval signed bills Friday aimed at helping veterans, including one that provides $14 million to build a Northern Nevada Veterans Home, in what he said is an effort to make Nevada the most military- and veteran-friendly state in the nation.
- School district workers to decide between 2 feuding unions Updated: Jun-12-15 2:29 pm
LAS VEGAS - An election will be held in November to settle a feud between two unions that want to represent thousands of Clark County School District workers.
- High court rejects dad's appeal in death of son in hot SUV Updated: Jun-11-15 7:37 pm
LAS VEGAS - A divided Nevada Supreme Court on Thursday upheld involuntary manslaughter and child abuse convictions against a Las Vegas father whose disabled 4-year-old son died in a sunbaked family vehicle where authorities said he was forgotten for 17 hours.
- Nevada court blocks Philippine province's Barrick Gold suit Updated: Jun-11-15 6:55 pm
LAS VEGAS - A Philippine island province that experienced mining waste disasters in the 1990s lost a final appeal Thursday to have a Nevada state court hear its claim for damages against Barrick Gold Corp.
- A look at Nevada's potential US Senate candidates Updated: Jun-09-15 8:13 pm
CARSON CITY, Nevada - After Nevada Republican Gov. Brian Sandoval announced Tuesday that he wouldn't seek the Senate seat soon to be vacated by Democratic Sen. Harry Reid, the race is starting to come into sharper focus.
- Nevada Lt. Gov. Hutchison won't run for Reid's Senate seat Updated: Jun-09-15 5:14 pm
CARSON CITY, Nevada - Nevada Lt. Gov. Mark Hutchison is ruling himself out of the race for the U.S. Senate seat being vacated by Democratic Sen. Harry Reid.
- Nevada's GOP governor won't run for Harry Reid's Senate seat Updated: Jun-09-15 9:17 am
- Sandoval signs education scholarship, teacher bonuses bill Updated: Jun-08-15 7:14 pm
RENO, Nevada - With his college-bound daughter watching over his shoulder Monday, Gov. Brian Sandoval signed into law legislation creating millions of dollars in incentives to help combat Nevada's severe teacher shortage.