- Branstad scandal ensnares key Iowa link to China Updated: Apr-15-14 2:47 pm
- Senate resolution honors MTSU president Updated: Apr-14-14 5:50 pm
- False leads in search for missing jet Updated: Apr-14-14 11:08 am
- Hagel seeks to increase ties with Mongolia Updated: Apr-10-14 7:47 am
- Taiwan leader affirms contentious China trade pact Updated: Apr-09-14 12:24 pm
- A recovering US is outpacing other major economies Updated: Apr-06-14 10:04 am
- Hagel: US strongly committed to protecting Japan Updated: Apr-05-14 4:22 am
- China's top brass in show of support for president Updated: Apr-03-14 7:08 am
- China in damage control over angry plane relatives Updated: Apr-03-14 5:14 am
- Chinese military inspectors find irregularities Updated: Apr-01-14 4:06 am
- China's leader Xi in first visit to European Union Updated: Mar-31-14 6:19 am
- Chinese relatives demand apology over missing jet Updated: Mar-30-14 5:58 am
- China's Xi presides over business deals in Germany Updated: Mar-28-14 2:28 pm
- China soldiers remains return 6 decades after war Updated: Mar-28-14 1:25 am
- China president gets secret, sumptuous French menu Updated: Mar-27-14 2:25 pm
- Satellite clue ends wild theories, hope for MH370 Updated: Mar-25-14 10:42 am
IOWA CITY, Iowa - Chinese Association of Iowa executive director Swallow Yan has helped connect Gov. Terry Branstad with Chinese presidents and residents, boosting relations between a farming state and a growing superpower with a huge demand for Iowa's agricultural exports.
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - Middle Tennessee State University President Sidney McPhee was honored by the state Senate for an award he received in Beijing.
If the signals detected deep in the Indian Ocean are truly from the wreckage from Malaysia Airlines Flight 370, they ultimately will close the book on a frustrating long list of false leads in the effort to find the jet. Here are the most prominent moments in which hopes of solving the tragic aviation mystery were dashed:
ULAN BATOR, Mongolia - After days of high-profile, pressure-filled meetings, Defense Secretary Chuck Hagel got to horse around a bit during a short stop in Mongolia on Thursday.
WASHINGTON - Taiwan's president on Wednesday stuck by a trade pact with China that has sparked mass protests and a three-week occupation of the self-governing island's legislature building by students.
WASHINGTON - As a brutal winter yields to spring, the U.S. economy is showing renewed strength just as other major economies appear desperate for help.
YOKOTA AIR FORCE BASE, Japan - Against the backdrop of Russia's takeover of Ukraine's Crimean region, U.S. Defense Secretary Chuck Hagel said Saturday a key message he will deliver to leaders in Tokyo this weekend is that the U.S. is strongly committed to protecting Japan's security.
BEIJING - China's top generals on Thursday issued an unusually lavish declaration of support for President Xi Jinping as he moves to consolidate his power with a crackdown on corruption in the military.
KUALA LUMPUR, Malaysia - Weeks of vitriol, conspiracy theories and an informal travel boycott directed at Malaysia by Chinese people upset over the lost jetliner have prompted Beijing to move into damage control to protect the countries' normally friendly relations.
BEIJING - Inspectors have uncovered widespread irregularities and suspected corruption among military units based around Beijing, China's Defense Ministry said Tuesday, a sign that a widening anti-graft campaign that is turning to the sprawling 2.3 million-member People's Liberation Army.
BRUSSELS - China's president is meeting with the top officials of the European Union to discuss the two sides' close business ties and their wider diplomatic relations.
KUALA LUMPUR, Malaysia - Several dozen Chinese relatives of passengers on Flight 370 demanded Sunday that Malaysia apologize for its handling of the search for the missing plane and for the prime minister's statement saying it crashed into the southern Indian Ocean.
BERLIN - Chinese President Xi Jinping presided over the signing of a string of deals with automakers and others as he started a visit to Germany on Friday, while Chancellor Angela Merkel prodded him on the importance of free speech.
BEIJING - The remains of 437 Chinese soldiers killed in the Korean War returned home Friday, more than 60 years after an armistice ended the fighting.
PARIS - The menu will remain secret, but there's no doubt that famed chef Alain Ducasse has concocted a sumptuous meal for the Chinese president as he wraps up his state visit to France in the Palace of Versailles.
Over an extraordinary 17 days and nights, until the moment Malaysia's prime minister stepped to a lectern to deliver investigators' sobering new findings, the fate of vanished Flight 370 hung on morbid conjecture and fragile hope.