- MTSU president honored in Beijing Updated: Dec-09-13 5:05 am
- Analysis: Crises in Asia let Biden show US resolve Updated: Dec-08-13 10:04 am
- Japan seeks intl action vs. China's new air zone Updated: Dec-08-13 12:04 am
- Airspace zone downplayed in China-Australia talks Updated: Dec-07-13 7:11 am
- Mandela mourned as inspiration in many struggles Updated: Dec-06-13 2:24 pm
- Biden: Asia's growth 'a chance to bend history' Updated: Dec-06-13 11:40 am
- Biden spotlights China treatment of US journalists Updated: Dec-05-13 11:25 am
- Nicaragua canal promoter to build Ukraine ports Updated: Dec-05-13 7:47 am
- Biden in China amid spat over air defense zone Updated: Dec-03-13 10:53 pm
- As Cameron visits, China paper criticizes Britain Updated: Dec-03-13 6:52 am
- Biden visits Asia amid Japan-SKorea's toxic ties Updated: Dec-02-13 10:43 am
- US advises carriers to comply with China air zone Updated: Nov-29-13 11:02 pm
- China sends warplanes into air defense zone Updated: Nov-28-13 11:49 pm
- Problems pile up in Asia for US policymakers Updated: Nov-27-13 1:34 pm
- Japan, China in war of words over airspace Updated: Nov-25-13 10:28 pm
- Taiwan's Ma says no rush on China political talks Updated: Nov-21-13 11:43 pm
- EU president says no military solution in Syria Updated: Nov-21-13 9:23 am
- China sends navy hospital ship to Philippines Updated: Nov-21-13 5:37 am
- US panel: China navy power growing in the Pacific Updated: Nov-20-13 12:55 pm
- Syria, human rights on agenda for China-EU summit Updated: Nov-20-13 4:46 am
- Gambia breaks relations with surprised Taiwan Updated: Nov-15-13 10:53 am
- Anti-terrorism case in US key test for Israel Updated: Nov-12-13 2:06 am
- China, US armies to begin joint disaster exercise Updated: Nov-11-13 4:22 pm
MURFREESBORO, Tennessee - Middle Tennessee State University President Sidney McPhee was recently honored in Beijing.
SEOUL, South Korea - As Vice President Joe Biden left for Asia on a mission to reinforce America's determination to be a major Pacific player, a regional crisis over disputed airspace threatened to drown out his message.
TACLOBAN, Philippines - Japan's defense minister called on the international community Sunday to oppose China's recently declared maritime air defense zone over the East China Sea and possibly over the disputed South China Sea.
BEIJING - Australia's foreign minister said Saturday that economic matters rather than a dispute over China's recently declared maritime air defense zone dominated talks she held with senior Chinese officials.
Nelson Mandela led black South Africans in their struggle to throw off the yoke of white rule and then helped the entire nation heal the wounds of racial division.
SEOUL, South Korea - Seeking to reassure wary allies, Vice President Joe Biden on Friday pushed back against those who question America's commitment to Asia, which has at times been obscured by an array of distractions at home and abroad.
BEIJING - Casting a spotlight on China's controls on the media, Vice President Joe Biden met with U.S. journalists working in Beijing Thursday after publicly criticizing how they're treated by China's government.
BEIJING - The Chinese businessman best known for winning a contract to build a canal across Nicaragua announced he will spearhead a $3 billion joint venture to construct a deep-water port and refurbish the Sevastopol port on Ukraine's Crimean Peninsula.
BEIJING - Vice President Joe Biden has arrived in Beijing for meetings with top Chinese leaders amid an international spat over China's new air defense zone.
BEIJING - With British Prime Minister David Cameron in the country on an official visit, a Chinese state-run newspaper on Tuesday labeled Britain a fallen great power worthy now only as a destination for tourists and students.
SEOUL, South Korea - When South Korean fans at a soccer game against Japan unfurled two massive banners honoring men considered national heroes for battling Japanese invaders, organizers took them down, Tokyo grumbled - and South Koreans cheered yet another sign of defiance against their former colonizer.
BEIJING - The United States advised U.S. carriers to comply with China's demand that it be told of any flights passing through its new maritime air defense zone over the East China Sea, an area where Beijing said it launched two fighter planes to investigate a dozen American and Japanese reconnaissance and military flights.
BEIJING - China said it sent warplanes into its newly declared maritime air defense zone days after the U.S., South Korea and Japan all sent flights through the airspace in broadening defiance of rules Beijing says it has imposed over the East China Sea.
WASHINGTON - While the Obama administration is making diplomatic progress on some of the Mideast's thorniest security issues, problems are piling up in Asia, a region that President Barack Obama had wanted to play a bigger part in American foreign policy.
TOKYO - Japan and China are exchanging angry words over a territorial dispute, with each country summoning the other's ambassador and Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe calling a newly declared Chinese maritime air defense zone dangerous and unenforceable.
TAIPEI, Taiwan - Taiwan's president said Friday that the democratic island is in no rush to enter into substantive political talks with mainland China, despite a call to do so by Chinese leader Xi Jinping.
BEIJING - The conflict in Syria cannot be resolved by military means and the EU is working hard to bring about a negotiated political solution, EU President Herman Van Rompuy said Thursday.
ZHOUSHAN, China - Military flags fluttered in the wind aboard China's navy hospital ship Peace Ark as it began a goodwill mission to the Philippines on Thursday, nearly two weeks after the Southeast Asian country was struck by a devastating typhoon that killed more than 4,000 people.
WASHINGTON - A congressional advisory panel sounded a warning Wednesday about China's military buildup, predicting Beijing could possess the largest fleet of modern submarine and combatant ships in the western Pacific by 2020.
BEIJING - The conflict in Syria, human rights and a range of trade and development issues will be on the agenda for the European Union's first summit with China's new leadership on Thursday.
TAIPEI, Taiwan - The West African nation of Gambia has cut off diplomatic ties with a surprised Taiwan, but China said Friday it had no prior knowledge of the move that now leaves Taiwan with a handful of allies around the world.
JERUSALEM - Over the decades, Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu has cultivated an image as a tough-talking leader in the global struggle against terrorism. That reputation could be put to the test this month in a landmark court case that could force him to choose between supporting victims of Palestinian violence and risking a diplomatic rift with China.
HONOLULU - Army officials from China and the United States are meeting in Hawaii for an annual disaster relief exercise that will include field training for the first time this year.