- Rams owner buys historic Waggoner Ranch, largest in US Updated: Feb-09-16 6:21 pm
VERNON, Texas - A billionaire sports mogul has purchased a Texas mega-ranch that has been operated by one family for nearly a century.
- 56,000 place deposits for LA Rams season tickets Updated: Feb-09-16 4:57 pm
LOS ANGELES - More than 56,000 people have placed deposits on season tickets for the return of the Los Angeles Rams.
- Panthers, Patriots early favorites to win 2017 Super Bowl Updated: Feb-08-16 10:37 pm
Carolina and New England are the early favorites at Nevada sportsbooks to win the 2017 Super Bowl, followed by the Seahawks, Packers and Steelers.
- Agent confirms Seahawks star Marshawn Lynch plans to retire Updated: Feb-08-16 5:09 pm
SEATTLE - When Marshawn Lynch was brought to Seattle early in the 2010 season, he was acquired because the Seahawks desperately needed a running back.
- Tweet from Lynch indicates possible retirement Updated: Feb-08-16 1:01 am
SEATTLE - Marshawn Lynch was at the center of attention in the fourth quarter of the Super Bowl on Sunday night.
- MVP Newton, Watt, Rivera, Berry big winners of NFL awards Updated: Feb-07-16 2:22 am
SAN FRANCISCO - Cam Newton is now a Super Bowl quarterback with an MVP award.
- Kindred-spirit QBs Favre, Stabler voted into Hall of Fame Updated: Feb-07-16 12:46 am
SAN FRANCISCO - The first NFL game Brett Favre ever attended, as a teenager growing up in Mississippi, was the final home game of Ken "The Snake" Stabler's career.
- Rams RB Gurley wins top offensive rookie award Updated: Feb-06-16 8:15 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - St. Louis Rams running back Todd Gurley, who came off knee surgery in college to rush for 1,106 yards, has won The Associated Press Offensive Rookie of the Year award.
- MLS commissioner taking hard look at St. Louis Updated: Feb-06-16 4:16 pm
ST. LOUIS - St. Louis may be losing football, but Major League Soccer could be on the horizon.
- Little-known receivers help Panthers get to Super Bowl Updated: Feb-06-16 1:47 pm
SAN JOSE, California - Cam Newton throws passes to a bunch of no-name receivers.
- Raiders owner Mark Davis intrigued by Las Vegas as NFL city Updated: Feb-05-16 6:41 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - Owner Mark Davis has a sly response when it comes to his interest in moving the Oakland Raiders to Sin City.
- Hola: Texans-Raiders in Mexico City on Nov. 21 Updated: Feb-05-16 5:26 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - Hola. The NFL is heading back to Mexico.
- About 50 Rams employees left behind in move to Los Angeles Updated: Feb-05-16 12:51 pm
- Kroenke business partner pushes St. Louis-area development Updated: Feb-05-16 10:52 am
MARYLAND HEIGHTS, Missouri - Weeks after the NFL agreed to allow Rams owner Stan Kroenke to move his team out of St. Louis, one of the billionaire sports mogul's business partners is pushing a development plan in the city's suburbs that could be funded in part by taxpayer money.
- Ex-49ers owner DeBartolo anxiously awaits Hall of Fame fate Updated: Feb-05-16 2:23 am
SAN FRANCISCO - Edward DeBartolo Jr. played no favorites. When it came to the way he treated his employees, from the stars on the field to the office workers behind the scenes, nobody argued how much he cared.
- AP Source: NFL planning game next season in Mexico Updated: Feb-04-16 5:18 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - The NFL is planning to play a regular-season game in Mexico City this year, with the Raiders hosting the Texans.
- Some of NFL's biggest stars never played in Super Bowl Updated: Feb-04-16 3:06 pm
Some of the NFL's biggest all-time stars have a gaping hole on their playing resumes.
- 49ers reschedule Girl Scouts sleepover at Levi's Stadium Updated: Feb-03-16 11:35 pm
SANTA CLARA, California - The Girl Scouts of Northern California are getting their big sleepover at Levi's Stadium after all, just rescheduled from its original date.
- EX-Badgers QB Wilson to give Wisconsin commencement speech Updated: Feb-03-16 9:06 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - The University of Wisconsin says Seattle Seahawks quarterback Russell Wilson will return to Madison this spring to give the school's commencement address.
- 'What If' moments that defined Super Bowl legacies Updated: Feb-03-16 2:15 am
Imagine a world where the name Scott Norwood evokes awe in Buffalo, not "aww, dude."
- Vernon Davis hopes to play a role in Super Bowl with Broncos Updated: Feb-02-16 6:59 pm
SAN JOSE, California - Vernon Davis got to sleep at home for a night in the Bay Area, stay in the same hotel where he lived during 49ers training camp last summer, and the equipment staff even promised him his old locker at Levi's Stadium this weekend.
- From Montana to Manning: Superb Super Bowls finishes Updated: Feb-02-16 11:41 am
SAN FRANCISCO - Every Super Bowl kicks off with the hopes of a thrilling game, capped by a dramatic drive in which the champion seizes control to capture the Lombardi Trophy.
- Cardinals re-sign tight end Darren Fells Updated: Feb-01-16 7:23 pm
TEMPE, Arizona - The Arizona Cardinals have re-signed Darren Fells to a one-year contract.
- Raiders look for short-term lease before long-term home Updated: Feb-01-16 6:44 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - With the Oakland Raiders' hopes of moving to Los Angeles on hold right now, Mayor Libby Schaaf said the team's primary focus is on securing a lease to remain at the Coliseum for the 2016 season.
- Russell Wilson throws 3 TDs in 49-27 Pro Bowl victory Updated: Feb-01-16 8:16 am
HONOLULU - With no Super Bowl trip this season for the Seattle Seahawks, their stars came to play - and dominate - at the Pro Bowl.