- Rams still unsure who will start at center Updated: Aug-31-15 9:06 pm
ST. LOUIS - Heading into the preseason finale, the St. Louis Rams are unsettled at center.
- LB Alexander, P Zastudil among 11 players cut by Cardinals Updated: Aug-31-15 7:15 pm
TEMPE, Arizona - Outside linebacker and longtime special teams standout Lorenzo Alexander and veteran punter Dave Zastudil were among 11 players released by the Arizona Cardinals on Monday.
- Kilgore goes on reserve/physically unable to perform list Updated: Aug-31-15 7:12 pm
SANTA CLARA, California - The San Francisco 49ers have placed center Daniel Kilgore on the reserve/physically unable to perform list as he works back from a second procedure on his left fibula that he fractured last October.
- Panthers acquire Seahawks WR Norwood for 2017 draft pick Updated: Aug-31-15 4:45 pm
- Starting offenses struggle, Cardinals beat Raiders 30-23 Updated: Aug-31-15 12:51 am
OAKLAND, California - Even though Carson Palmer spent much of the first half on his back and running from the Oakland defense, Arizona coach Bruce Arians is not concerned about his offensive line.
- Tomsula: LB Brooks won't return to 49ers practice this week Updated: Aug-30-15 8:00 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - Outside linebacker Ahmad Brooks will not practice this coming week with the San Francisco 49ers, who sent him away from the team after he was charged with misdemeanor sexual battery Wednesday.
- Penalties keep piling up for Rams Updated: Aug-30-15 6:53 pm
ST. LOUIS - Penalties remain an issue for the St. Louis Rams as the opener looms. They're 0-3 in the preseason after hurting themselves yet again.
- Mason uncertain for season opener Updated: Aug-30-15 5:35 pm
ST. LOUIS - Rams running back Tre Mason, the likely starter while Todd Gurley rehabs from knee surgery, has been ruled out of the preseason finale with a right hamstring injury.
- Manning on the run in Denver's 19-12 win over 49ers Updated: Aug-30-15 1:43 am
DENVER - Sure, Peyton Manning said, he'd like to have played more this summer - and better.
- Hauschka kicks 60-yard field goal to give Seahawks 16-15 win Updated: Aug-30-15 12:50 am
SAN DIEGO - Facing a 60-yard field goal attempt on a steamy evening with 16 seconds left and his Seattle Seahawks trailing by two, Steven Hauschka's mindset was to just swing away.
- Luck gets first TD pass of preseason, Colts beat Rams 24-14 Updated: Aug-30-15 12:22 am
ST. LOUIS - Andrew Luck's first touchdown pass of the preseason helped get the Indianapolis Colts off to a fast start. The quarterback also took the blame for a lost fumble on his final play that handed over the lead.
- Brisk morning workout ends Cardinals training camp Updated: Aug-28-15 8:26 pm
GLENDALE, Arizona - The Arizona Cardinals brought their training camp to an end Friday with a brisk morning workout in front of a smattering of fans at University of Phoenix Stadium.
- Coach Jen Welter calls groundbreaking NFL work 'fantastic' Updated: Aug-28-15 6:54 pm
GLENDALE, Arizona - Jen Welter's groundbreaking days as an interim NFL coach are nearing an end.
- Purple Heart, Bronze Star recipient fights for Rams spot Updated: Aug-28-15 12:06 pm
ST. LOUIS - Long after the rest of the St. Louis Rams have left the practice field, Daniel Rodriguez drips with sweat, running dozens of extra pass routes with backup quarterback Austin Davis, who's also getting some extra work.
- Credit impact unclear amid fight over new St. Louis stadium Updated: Aug-27-15 7:50 pm
JEFFERSON CITY, Missouri - It's unclear whether halting payments for the current St. Louis football stadium, or refusing to make them for a potential new stadium, would hurt the state's high credit rating, a state official told Missouri lawmakers Thursday.
- Wilson says he did not have a concussion in NFC title game Updated: Aug-27-15 7:05 pm
RENTON, Washington - Seattle Seahawks quarterback Russell Wilson said Thursday he did not suffer a concussion in the NFC championship game against Green Bay, a day after comments in an article in Rolling Stone indicated Wilson may have suffered a head injury.
- Cardinals anticipate end of training camp Updated: Aug-27-15 6:09 pm
GLENDALE, Arizona - So what's with those smiles on the faces of Arizona Cardinals players?
- Grand jury indicts former 49er Ray McDonald on rape charge Updated: Aug-26-15 9:26 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - A Santa Clara County grand jury indicted former San Francisco 49ers defensive lineman Ray McDonald on one count of rape of an intoxicated person.
- Seahawks LB Kevin Pierre-Louis pushing for playing time Updated: Aug-26-15 7:02 pm
RENTON, Washington - It doesn't take long for the speed of Kevin Pierre-Louis to catch your eye.
- Old friends Bethea, Manning reunite at 49ers-Denver practice Updated: Aug-26-15 6:42 pm
ENGLEWOOD, Colorado - Antoine Bethea faced Peyton Manning in practice when they were teammates for five seasons, so it was no surprise he intercepted the veteran during Wednesday's joint session between San Francisco and Denver.
- Program says safety, but Bucannon more of a linebacker Updated: Aug-26-15 5:46 pm
GLENDALE, Arizona - When the Arizona Cardinals selected Deone Bucannon in the first round of the 2014 draft, they envisioned a hard-hitting safety prowling the secondary.
- Rams WR Quick back from significant shoulder injury Updated: Aug-26-15 5:23 pm
ST. LOUIS - It's been a long road back for Brian Quick. The finish line is in sight for the St. Louis Rams wide receiver.
- AP source: Cowboys' Scandrick out for year with knee injury Updated: Aug-26-15 12:42 am
Orlando Scandrick's season is over before it started after the Dallas cornerback tore two ligaments in his right knee in practice at training camp Tuesday.
- RB Gurley back on field for Rams Updated: Aug-25-15 10:08 pm
ST. LOUIS - Rams rookie running back Todd Gurley didn't get a lot of reps during Tuesday's practice, but the No. 10 overall pick in the 2015 Draft took another step forward in his return from knee surgery.
- B.J. Daniels trying to earn spot at receiver for Seahawks Updated: Aug-25-15 6:29 pm
RENTON, Washington - B.J. Daniels has played football since he was 6 years old and never played any position other than quarterback.