- New 49ers running back Bush ready to prove himself again Updated: May-21-15 9:56 pm
SANTA CLARA, California - Reggie Bush wants to return punts again, and he brought up the idea to the San Francisco 49ers when he joined the team as a free agent this spring.
- What happened at NFL meetings and what it means Updated: May-21-15 2:39 am
SAN FRANCISCO - NFL owners concluded an especially hectic spring meetings by setting up what figures to be a very busy summer and fall.
- Commissioner: St. Louis in mix for next round of expansion Updated: May-19-15 8:12 pm
ST. LOUIS - Major League Soccer commissioner Don Garber said Tuesday that St. Louis will be a top contender for the next round of expansion, probably in 2020, if the city's stadium plans for a new NFL stadium are fulfilled.
- Land deal closes for planned NFL stadium near Los Angeles Updated: May-19-15 5:24 pm
LOS ANGELES - The San Diego Chargers and Oakland Raiders moved a step closer Tuesday to building a new stadium near Los Angeles after a complex land deal was finalized on a site that could become the home of a shared $1.7 billion venue.
- Rehabbing from injury, QB Palmer knows window is closing Updated: May-19-15 5:00 pm
TEMPE, Arizona - Carson Palmer says he has rehabbed from his knee injury with "a certain intensity" driven by the knowledge that his days as an NFL quarterback are drawing to a close.
- Arizona signs draft picks Johnson, Christian Updated: May-18-15 6:36 pm
- Seahawks' Williams to undergo surgery for kidney cancer Updated: May-18-15 6:00 pm
- Seattle signs WR Foxx, waives injured RB Bronson Updated: May-18-15 5:23 pm
- 49ers DL Justin Smith retires after 14 seasons Updated: May-18-15 4:29 pm
- Raiders' Del Rio: Deflategate ruling like USC "overreaction" Updated: May-16-15 10:03 pm
LOS ANGELES - Oakland Raiders coach Jack Del Rio is not a fan of the discipline handed down against the New England Patriots and quarterback Tom Brady in the "Deflategate" scandal, likening it to the heavy sanctions received by his alma mater, Southern California, in the NCAA's Reggie Bush investigation.
- Seahawks' Carroll: LB Irvin's Atlanta comment misinterpreted Updated: May-16-15 9:38 pm
LOS ANGELES - Seattle Seahawks linebacker Bruce Irvin's recent declaration that he would be playing in Atlanta in 2016 doesn't mean what everyone thinks it does, according to coach Pete Carroll's interpretation of those remarks.
- Healthy LB NaVorro Bowman training at 49ers rookie minicamp Updated: May-15-15 8:51 pm
SANTA CLARA, California - NaVorro Bowman walked off the practice field after working out with the rookies and gave a thumbs up and a smile.
- Seahawks' Robert Turbin undergoes hip surgery Updated: May-14-15 7:08 pm
- 49ers and Broncos announce joint practices Updated: May-14-15 5:28 pm
ENGLEWOOD, Colorado - The San Francisco 49ers and Denver Broncos will hold joint practices in the lead-up to their Aug. 29 preseason game in Denver.
- Cardinals sign ILB Sharpton, draft picks Golden, Gunter Updated: May-13-15 6:19 pm
- Peacock: City, state contribution will total $250 million Updated: May-13-15 8:28 am
ST. LOUIS - The task force developing plans for a new football stadium along the Mississippi River in St. Louis now anticipates that the state of Missouri and the city will contribute $250 million, not the $350 million originally anticipated, for the project.
- 49ers sign 9 of 10 draft picks Updated: May-11-15 10:26 pm
- Seahawks' Pinkins shifts from defensive back to linebacker Updated: May-10-15 5:29 pm
- Lockett earmarked for kick return duty Updated: May-09-15 9:20 pm
RENTON, Washington - Pete Carroll isn't one to hand out starting jobs before seeing a player prove himself on the practice field.
- Former Green Beret goes through 1st NFL practice in Seattle Updated: May-08-15 9:54 pm
- Arians goes back to the basics at rookie minicamp Updated: May-08-15 9:09 pm
TEMPE, Arizona - Arizona coach Bruce Arians has made little secret of how unprepared players from the spread offenses prevalent in college football are for a transition to the NFL.
- After 1st Seattle practice, Clark faces questions on arrest Updated: May-08-15 8:41 pm
- Gurley dresses for Rams rookie minicamp Updated: May-08-15 6:57 pm
- Ex-Seahawk Jerramy Stevens gets 30 days in jail for DUI Updated: May-08-15 4:37 pm
TORRANCE, California - Former Seattle Seahawks tight end Jerramy Stevens was sentenced Friday to a month in jail for driving drunk in a Southern California beach town, prosecutors said.
- Cards, Chiefs concussion lawsuits could bring team testimony Updated: May-08-15 2:09 am
Concussion lawsuits filed by former St. Louis Cardinals receiver Roy Green, Kansas City Chiefs defensive lineman Neil Smith and their teammates could force team officials to testify about claims they hid the risk of repeated head injuries.