- Brooks to miss Sunday's game because of sister's death Updated: Oct-08-15 8:48 pm
SANTA CLARA, California - San Francisco 49ers linebacker Ahmad Brooks left the team this week after his sister, Krsunthia Brooks, died of lupus, according to the player's agent Greg Williams.
- Patrick Peterson, off to fast start, faces Megatron next Updated: Oct-08-15 8:34 pm
TEMPE, Arizona - Quarterbacks have mostly stayed away from Patrick Peterson so far this season. The Arizona Cardinals' "shutdown" cornerback expects that to change this week.
- Seattle relishing consistency of kicker Steven Hauschka Updated: Oct-08-15 6:53 pm
RENTON, Washington - Steven Hauschka remembers vividly the last time he saw this much turnover and struggles among kickers early in the season.
- Raiders linebacker Aldon Smith pleads not guilty to charges Updated: Oct-08-15 9:52 am
SANTA CLARA, California - Prosecutors in Northern California say Oakland Raiders linebacker Aldon Smith has pleaded not guilty to hit and run, drunken driving and vandalism.
- NFL has some little-known rules and regulations Updated: Oct-08-15 3:25 am
Thanks to Seattle linebacker K.J. Wright and back judge Greg Wilson, football fans now know all about the obscure NFL rule known as the "illegal bat."
- Rams enjoy breakout game from rookie running back Gurley Updated: Oct-07-15 8:48 pm
ST. LOUIS - The Rams have been trying to get their run game going and have been waiting to see what first-round pick Todd Gurley can do.
- Seattle's offensive line inconsistent through 4 weeks Updated: Oct-07-15 8:18 pm
RENTON, Washington - There was no question before the regular season began that the Seattle Seahawks' weakness was going to be on the offensive line.
- Ellington ready, Cardinals have offense they envisioned Updated: Oct-07-15 8:05 pm
TEMPE, Arizona - Coach Bruce Arians says running back Andre Ellington "should be ready to go" Sunday at Detroit.
- Goodell, owners expect future vote on LA relocation Updated: Oct-07-15 7:08 pm
NEW YORK - NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell expects owners will vote on franchise relocation to Los Angeles.
- 49ers coach Tomsula remains confident in QB Kaepernick Updated: Oct-07-15 6:49 pm
SANTA CLARA, California - San Francisco coach Jim Tomsula remains committed to Colin Kaepernick as his quarterback and maintains the fifth-year pro has not lost any confidence.
- Proposed NFL stadium in St. Louis secures naming rights deal Updated: Oct-07-15 9:55 am
ST. LOUIS - The proposed riverfront stadium in St. Louis has a naming rights deal worth $158 million that hinges on the city having an NFL team when the facility opens.
- Rams LB Ogletree has surgery, could return this season Updated: Oct-06-15 9:08 pm
ST. LOUIS - Rams linebacker Alec Ogletree underwent surgery to repair his fractured right fibula on Tuesday, but coach Jeff Fisher said the team will wait to decide whether to make a roster move with him.
- Missed call overshadows Seahawks' defensive dominance Updated: Oct-06-15 5:54 pm
SEATTLE - If K.J. Wright had simply fallen on the loose ball as it bounced, there would be no controversy hanging over the Seattle Seahawks.
- Rams rise in AP power rankings; Pats, Pack, Broncos 1-2-3 Updated: Oct-06-15 5:49 pm
- Vikings trade LB Hodges to 49ers for rookie, draft pick Updated: Oct-06-15 4:49 pm
- Chancellor's big play allows Seattle to beat Detroit 13-10 Updated: Oct-06-15 2:51 am
SEATTLE - With one big punch, Kam Chancellor showed his importance to the Seattle Seahawks.
- Strange late sequence gives Seattle 13-10 win over Detroit Updated: Oct-06-15 2:33 am
SEATTLE - Kam Chancellor saw the ball exposed and threw a punch.
- Bad break, missed call allows Seattle to beat Detroit 13-10 Updated: Oct-06-15 1:36 am
SEATTLE - The Detroit Lions fumbled away their chance at completing a drive that could turnaround the winless start to their season.
- Ebron out with knee injury for Detroit Updated: Oct-05-15 10:11 pm
- Defense steps up in both of Rams victories Updated: Oct-05-15 9:15 pm
ST. LOUIS - Big stops by the defense have been behind both of the St. Louis Rams' victories.
- Cardinals hit the road after rough loss to Rams at home Updated: Oct-05-15 7:38 pm
TEMPE, Arizona - Poor pass protection, red zone inefficiency, third-down woes, turnovers.
- Warford out again for Detroit; Lynch, Mebane out for Seattle Updated: Oct-05-15 7:22 pm
SEATTLE - Detroit right guard Larry Warford is out for Monday night's game against the Seattle Seahawks, a big blow for an already struggling offensive line.
- 49ers' Torrey Smith frustrated by offense's performance Updated: Oct-05-15 6:21 pm
SANTA CLARA, California - San Francisco 49ers receiver Torrey Smith doesn't believe things are as bad as they seem, despite his team's 1-3 record and possessing the league's lowest-scoring offense.
- Under Pete Carroll, Seahawks nearly perfect in prime time Updated: Oct-05-15 3:09 pm
SEATTLE - As part of the program he has built in Seattle, Pete Carroll insists that all games are equal and those with a higher profile carry no extra significance for the team.
- Rodgers leads Packers past 49ers, Green Bay stays unbeaten Updated: Oct-05-15 8:14 am