- Kerry, Congress spar over Iran nuclear deal Updated: Dec-10-13 4:55 pm
- Iran: Guards chief criticizes foreign minister Updated: Dec-10-13 2:53 pm
- Iran says it improves accuracy of missiles Updated: Dec-09-13 8:47 am
- UK foreign secretary seeks to reassure Gulf allies Updated: Dec-06-13 3:21 pm
- Iran readies for big oil production hike Updated: Dec-04-13 1:01 pm
- Iran's top diplomat reaches out to Gulf states Updated: Dec-04-13 11:03 am
- Russia: Iran deal ends need for missile defense Updated: Dec-04-13 7:37 am
- Iraqi prime minister in Iran for Syria talks Updated: Dec-04-13 7:23 am
- Iran calls Netanyahu 'desperate' post nuclear deal Updated: Dec-03-13 3:08 pm
- Iran aims to regain global role at OPEC meeting Updated: Dec-03-13 11:03 am
- Iran envoy meets Kuwaiti emir in latest outreach Updated: Dec-01-13 9:37 am
- Iran deploys warships after overhaul Updated: Dec-01-13 6:34 am
- Iran deal gives UN more - but not full - overview Updated: Nov-27-13 11:44 am
- Marathon Iran nuke talks, asterisk and 'Danny Boy' Updated: Nov-26-13 8:52 am
- Easing of Iran sanctions could start in December Updated: Nov-25-13 5:35 pm
- Iran nuclear deal fuels anger, jitters in Mideast Updated: Nov-24-13 5:39 pm
- Winners and losers in Iran's nuclear deal Updated: Nov-24-13 11:20 am
- A timeline of key events in US-Iran negotiations Updated: Nov-24-13 12:40 am
- Key players in US, Iran secret talks Updated: Nov-24-13 12:39 am
- Text of Obama statement on nuclear deal with Iran Updated: Nov-23-13 11:25 pm
- Kerry heading to Geneva for Iran nuke talks Updated: Nov-22-13 3:17 pm
- Israel, Gulf in 'strange alliance' against Iran Updated: Nov-20-13 1:32 pm
- Suicide blasts near Iran Embassy in Beirut kill 23 Updated: Nov-19-13 12:39 pm
- Blame game quickly follows Iran nuclear talks Updated: Nov-12-13 4:52 pm
WASHINGTON - The Obama administration and Congress clashed Tuesday over the historic nuclear deal with Iran, exposing deep rifts over a U.S. pledge to refrain from any new sanctions over the next six months in exchange for concessions on enriching uranium. The disagreement could have broad consequences for the U.S. diplomatic effort to prevent Iran from developing nuclear weapons.
TEHRAN, Iran - The head of Iran's powerful Revolutionary Guards rebuked the country's foreign minister Tuesday over comments he made about the military's ability to withstand a potential American attack.
TEHRAN, Iran - Iran has dramatically improved the accuracy of its ballistic missiles by using laser systems, its defense minister said Monday.
MANAMA, Bahrain - Britain's top diplomat voiced his country's strong commitment to the security of the Gulf states on Friday, seeking to reassure wary Arab allies in the wake of last month's nuclear deal with their regional rival Iran.
VIENNA - Iran indirectly challenged OPEC kingpin Saudi Arabia on Wednesday, announcing it plans to pump as much oil as it can once sanctions on its crude exports are lifted, even if its extra output drives prices into the basement.
DUBAI, United Arab Emirates - With the ink barely dry on a nuclear deal that paves the way for warmer relations with the West, Iran's new leadership is making a push to patch up tensions with U.S. allies closer to home too.
BRUSSELS - An international deal aimed at preventing Iran from developing nuclear weapons will in the long run eliminate any need for a missile defense system in Europe, Russia's foreign minister said Wednesday.
TEHRAN, Iran - Iraq's prime minister has arrived in Iran's capital for a three-day visit that will focus on the civil war in Syria and bilateral ties.
TEHRAN - Iran's foreign minister said Tuesday that Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu has become desperate after the Islamic Republic agreed last month to cap its nuclear program in return for easing Western sanctions.
VIENNA - Iran hopes to use a meeting of OPEC oil ministers on Wednesday as a launch pad for its return as a dominant force in global crude markets after months of sanctions. It faces resistance, however, from regional rival Saudi Arabia.
KUWAIT CITY - Iran's top diplomat met with Kuwait's ruler Sunday on his first visit to the Western-allied Gulf state since Iran's moderate President Hassan Rouhani took office in August.
TEHRAN, Iran - Iran's official news agency says the country has redeployed two warships after refitting them with new anti-ship missiles.
VIENNA - The U.N. will probably not begin expanded inspections under last weekend's Iranian nuclear deal until early next year, officials said Wednesday. Even then, they will be limited to sites the Iranians have confirmed and not those critics suspect may exist secretly.
WASHINGTON - Way past midnight at an upscale Swiss hotel, negotiations hit the nitty-gritty on a breakthrough deal about Iran's nuclear program. There was a flurry of calls with the White House, pizza and talk about a tiny, but critical, asterisk in what became the final agreement.
BRUSSELS - European Union sanctions against Iran could be eased as soon as December, officials said Monday, after a potentially history-shaping deal that gives Tehran six months to increase access to its nuclear sites in exchange for keeping the core components of its uranium program.
JERUSALEM - Israel's prime minister harshly condemned the international community's nuclear deal with Iran on Sunday while Saudi Arabia remained conspicuously quiet, reflecting the jitters felt throughout the Middle East over Iran's acceptance on the global stage.
The political balance sheet from Sunday's nuclear deal between Iran and world powers.
Key dates in the Obama administration's contacts with Iran:
Key figures in the secret U.S.-Iranian nuclear talks:
President Barack Obama's statement Saturday night on the interim nuclear deal reached with Iran, as provided by the White House:
WASHINGTON - Secretary of State John Kerry is heading to Geneva to join negotiations about Iran's nuclear program, raising expectations that a deal could be in the works.
DUBAI, United Arab Emirates - When U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry made another stop in the Middle East this month, he received an expected earful over Washington's outreach to Iran: Don't trust Tehran, tighten sanctions even more, anything short of complete nuclear concessions is a grave mistake.
BEIRUT - Two suicide bombers detonated explosions outside the Iranian Embassy in a mainly Shiite district of the Lebanese capital on Tuesday, killing 23 people, including the Iranian cultural attachÃ©, apparently in retaliation for the Lebanese group Hezbollah's support of Syrian President Bashar Assad.
WASHINGTON - The deadlocked international effort to sign a nuclear deal with Iran has spurred a global blame game over who walked away from the negotiating table and why.