- Gulf Arabs welcome Iran nuke deal but seek further assurance Updated: Aug-03-15 11:05 am
DOHA, Qatar - Gulf Arab states on Monday welcomed the nuclear deal negotiated between Iran and world powers but said they would like further assurances that the U.S. would help them counter increasing Iranian assertiveness in the region.
- US, Egypt resume formal security talks with Kerry visit Updated: Aug-02-15 8:31 pm
CAIRO - Despite persistent human rights concerns, the United States on Sunday resumed formal security talks with Egypt that were last held six years ago and kept on hiatus until now amid political unrest that swept the country in the wake of the Arab Spring.
- Kerry off to Mideast with Egypt, Iran deal, Syria on agenda Updated: Jul-31-15 11:11 pm
WASHINGTON - Secretary of State John Kerry headed to the Middle East on Friday for security talks in Egypt and discussions in Qatar with Arab foreign ministers whose countries are wary of the nuclear deal struck with Iran.
- Iran says will ban US experts from UN nuclear inspections Updated: Jul-30-15 1:10 pm
TEHRAN, Iran - Iran will not allow American or Canadian inspectors working for the U.N. nuclear watchdog to visit its nuclear facilities, an official said in remarks broadcast by state TV on Thursday.
- For North Korea, Iran-style nuclear deal not an option Updated: Jul-30-15 7:01 am
PYONGYANG, North Korea - If any hopes have been raised that the progress between the United States and Iran to halt Tehran's development of nuclear weapons could bring change in Pyongyang, North Korea has gone out of its way to thwart them.
- Carter: Successful Iran nuclear deal better than strike Updated: Jul-29-15 7:45 pm
WASHINGTON - Defense Secretary Ash Carter said Wednesday that the U.S. armed forces stand ready to confront Iran, but told lawmakers that a successful implementation of the nuclear agreement with Tehran is preferable to a military strike.
- Argentina's foreign minister questions Iran nuclear deal Updated: Jul-29-15 5:23 pm
BUENOS AIRES, Argentina - Argentina's foreign minister is asking U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry to clarify whether Washington's nuclear deal with Iran includes removing from Interpol's list an Iranian wanted in a major bombing in the South American country.
- Iran, France talk of 'new era' in ties after nuclear deal Updated: Jul-29-15 10:33 am
TEHRAN, Iran - France sought Wednesday to relaunch diplomatic ties with Iran in the hope of boosting business in the country, following a key nuclear deal between Tehran and world powers reached earlier this month.
- Iran says will hold 'high-level' talks with EU Updated: Jul-28-15 1:13 pm
TEHRAN, Iran - Iran's foreign minister said Tuesday that "high-level" talks will soon be launched with the European Union following a nuclear agreement reached with world powers earlier this month.
- Putin, Xi, Rouhani to address annual UN high-level meeting Updated: Jul-27-15 10:35 am
UNITED NATIONS - The presidents of China, Russia, Iran and the United States are scheduled to speak at the 70th annual U.N. General Assembly of world leaders in September - a rare appearance for Russian President Vladimir Putin and the first for Chinese President Xi Jinping.
- Iran's top diplomat tours Arab states following nuclear deal Updated: Jul-26-15 10:37 am
KUWAIT CITY - Iran's top diplomat began a three-nation regional tour Sunday aimed at deepening ties with Arab neighbors following the conclusion of the Islamic Republic's historic nuclear deal with world powers.
- Carter: Saudis welcoming Iran deal with reservations Updated: Jul-22-15 1:38 pm
JIDDAH, Saudi Arabia - Saudi Arabia's King Salman and his defense minister support the Iran nuclear deal but have doubts about how effectively the historic agreement will be enforced, U.S. Defense Secretary Ash Carter said Wednesday.
- Israel's Netanyahu struggles to govern with narrow majority Updated: Jul-21-15 3:40 am
JERUSALEM - When Benjamin Netanyahu called early elections last year, he said his unwieldy coalition was untenable and that Israel needed a more stable government to carry out vital reforms.
- UN endorses Iran nuclear deal with 6 world powers Updated: Jul-20-15 5:34 pm
UNITED NATIONS - The U.N. Security Council on Monday unanimously endorsed the landmark deal to rein in Iran's nuclear program and authorized measures leading to the end of U.N. sanctions, but also approved a provision that would automatically reinstate the harsh measures if Tehran reneges on its promises.
- After diplomatic disappointments, Iran deal vindicates Kerry Updated: Jul-18-15 8:01 am
WASHINGTON - For John Kerry, vindication came at midnight.
- US, Iran roll the dice diplomatically and get a nuclear deal Updated: Jul-18-15 12:46 am
WASHINGTON - The talks themselves were a groundbreaking and risky proposition when U.S. and Iranian officials met secretly in the sleepy Arab kingdom of Oman, archenemies feinting for a diplomatic opening. The opposing sides had barely spoken to one another in three-plus decades.
- Obama, Saudi foreign minister meet to discuss Iran deal Updated: Jul-17-15 12:49 pm
WASHINGTON - President Barack Obama and Saudi Arabia's foreign minister have discussed the Iranian nuclear deal at the White House.
- White House seeks support at home and abroad for Iran deal Updated: Jul-16-15 5:57 pm
WASHINGTON - At home and abroad, the White House courted support for a landmark nuclear deal with Iran on Thursday as congressional leaders in both parties pointed toward a politically charged showdown this fall over Republican attempts to scuttle the agreement.
- Netanyahu, British FM spar over Iran deal disagreements Updated: Jul-16-15 1:59 pm
JERUSALEM - Israel's prime minister and the British foreign secretary publicly sparred over the nuclear deal with Iran on Thursday, veering off prepared comments to exchange sharply different positions toward the agreement.
- The Latest: Obama: Unlikely that deal benefits militants Updated: Jul-15-15 2:55 pm
WASHINGTON - Here are the latest developments involving the agreement between the United States, Iran and world powers to limit the Islamic Republic's nuclear program (all times EDT):
- In Arab world, worries that deal will boost Iran's power Updated: Jul-15-15 6:03 am
DUBAI, United Arab Emirates - The nuclear deal with Iran was met with a profound wariness in the Arab world, where concerns are widespread that the easing of its international isolation could tip the already bloody contest for power in the region toward Shiite-led Tehran.
- For US and Iran, nuke deal is a series of tough compromises Updated: Jul-15-15 3:10 am
WASHINGTON - The nuclear accord with Iran required a difficult series of compromises for world powers and Tehran.
- Iran nuclear deal: Fine 'new chapter' or 'historic mistake'? Updated: Jul-14-15 10:16 pm
VIENNA - Overcoming decades of hostility, Iran, the United States, and five other world powers struck a historic accord Tuesday to check Tehran's nuclear efforts short of building a bomb. The agreement could give Iran access to billions in frozen assets and oil revenue, stave off more U.S. military action in the Middle East and reshape the tumultuous region.
- Diplomat: US to circulate UN resolution on Iran agreement Updated: Jul-14-15 9:43 pm
UNITED NATIONS - A U.N. Security Council diplomat says the United States will circulate a draft resolution Wednesday that will authorize the agreement between six major powers and Iran to rein in its nuclear program.
- From covert Iran nuke program to final deal - a timeline Updated: Jul-14-15 9:05 am
VIENNA - Tuesday's nuclear agreement between world powers and Iran culminates more than a decade of diplomatic efforts to ensure that Tehran cannot develop nuclear weapons.