- Iranian leader rejects probe of alleged nuke weapons work Updated: May-20-15 3:59 pm
VIENNA - The U.S. may have to soften demands that any nuclear deal with Iran give U.N. experts a free hand to investigate possible past nuclear arms works by Tehran, after Iran's supreme leader stridently ruled out cooperation Wednesday.
- Iran rejects access to military sites, scientists Updated: May-20-15 6:38 am
TEHRAN, Iran - Iran's supreme leader has said he will not allow international inspection of Iran's military sites or access to Iranian scientists under any nuclear agreement with world powers.
- Shiite militias helping Iraq repel extremists' advance Updated: May-19-15 11:43 am
Iraqi Prime Minister Haider al-Abadi has called for Iranian-allied Shiite militiamen to help drive Islamic State extremists from Ramadi, the capital of Iraq's vast Sunni-dominated Anbar province.
- Kerry: Iran nuclear deal could be lesson for North Korea Updated: May-16-15 5:35 am
BEIJING - U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry said Saturday he is hopeful that the successful conclusion of a nuclear deal with Iran will send a positive message to North Korea to restart negotiations on its own atomic program.
- Obama vows to keep Arab allies secure amid Iran deal fears Updated: May-15-15 3:44 am
WASHINGTON - Charging toward an Iran nuclear agreement, President Barack Obama is assuring Arab allies that they are safe from the threat of an empowered Tehran as he seeks to shore up some of America's most critical security partnerships. However, Obama's claim of winning Arab support for his nuclear diplomacy appears far from certain.
- Along with Saudi king, most Gulf rulers to skip US summit Updated: May-11-15 1:37 pm
DUBAI, United Arab Emirates - It is not just the Saudi king who will be skipping the Camp David summit of U.S. and allied Arab leaders. Most Gulf heads of state won't be there.
- German diplomat: Iran deal alternative 'not very attractive' Updated: May-07-15 7:18 pm
COLUMBUS, Ohio - Alternatives to a deal to curb Iran's nuclear program are "not very attractive," a top German diplomat said Thursday, noting that Germany and other nations are ready to move beyond sanctions despite what the U.S. Congress might do.
- Operator of cargo ship seized by Iran says vessel released Updated: May-07-15 9:10 am
TEHRAN, Iran - A Marshall Islands-flagged cargo ship seized by Iran has been released and the crew members are all in good condition, according to the ship's operator.
- Iran's foreign minister says nuke deadline not 'sacrosanct' Updated: Apr-29-15 5:26 pm
NEW YORK - Iran's foreign minister says his country and world powers will meet Thursday to start bringing together the elements of a draft on a comprehensive nuclear deal, with meetings starting Monday in Europe to finalize all its elements.
- World 'closer than ever' to Iran nuclear deal, Kerry says Updated: Apr-27-15 7:53 pm
UNITED NATIONS - The world is "closer than ever" to reaching a comprehensive nuclear deal with Iran but the work is far from over, with key issues unresolved, Secretary of State John Kerry on Monday told a global gathering on nuclear disarmament, where he and Iran's foreign minister met on the sidelines.
- Head of Iran's Guard lashes out over Saudi 'treachery' Updated: Apr-27-15 8:41 am
TEHRAN, Iran - The head of Iran's Revolutionary Guard on Monday accused Saudi Arabia of treachery against the Islamic world and compared the kingdom to Israel, the official IRNA news agency reported.
- Kerry to see Iranian FM as nuke talks hit end phase Updated: Apr-26-15 7:56 pm
NEW YORK - Secretary of State John Kerry and his Iranian counterpart will meet this week for the first time since they laid out the framework for a nuclear deal earlier this month.