- Iran Parliament speaker expects heated debate on nuke deal Updated: Sep-03-15 3:48 pm
UNITED NATIONS - Iran's Parliament speaker said Thursday he expects a heated debate among Iranian lawmakers before they vote on the nuclear deal between his country and six world powers in about a month.
- Iran's Parliament speaker says he supports nuclear deal Updated: Aug-31-15 4:50 pm
UNITED NATIONS - Iran's Parliament speaker said Monday that he supports the historic nuclear deal with world powers aimed at reining in Tehran's efforts to build a bomb.
- Germany's foreign minister to visit Iran in early October Updated: Aug-24-15 8:46 am
BERLIN - German Foreign Minister Frank-Walter Steinmeier will travel to Iran in early October, the first such visit in more than a decade.
- Ehud Barak's Iran bombshell could shake up Israeli politics Updated: Aug-23-15 2:47 pm
JERUSALEM - Former Defense Minister Ehud Barak's comments that Israel nearly attacked Iran's nuclear facilities but the plan was scuttled by military men and cowardly politicians could shake up Israeli politics.
- Iranian, Russian ministers present united front on Syria Updated: Aug-17-15 6:22 am
MOSCOW - The foreign ministers of Russia and Iran said after talks in Moscow that their two countries have a united position on Syria, with both diplomats warning against any outside attempt to dictate a resolution to the Syrian civil war.
- Afghan officials in Pakistan to discuss peace efforts Updated: Aug-13-15 12:56 pm
ISLAMABAD - A high-level Afghan delegation arrived in Pakistan on Thursday to discuss security cooperation and peace efforts after Afghanistan's president said Pakistan was involved in a spate of devastating Taliban attacks that rocked Kabul last week, killing dozens of people.
- Deadly attacks surge as Iran's foreign minister visits Syria Updated: Aug-12-15 3:23 pm
DAMASCUS, Syria - Iran's foreign minister, who negotiated his country's nuclear deal with world powers, discussed ways of ending Syria's civil war with President Bashar Assad in Damascus on Wednesday, as attacks surged around the Syrian capital, killing at least 36 people and wounding dozens.
- Iranian foreign minister postpones visit to Turkey Updated: Aug-11-15 4:38 am
ANKARA, Turkey - Turkish officials say Iranian Foreign Minister Jawad Zarif has postponed his visit to Turkey.
- Iran nuclear deal opens diplomatic channels for Syria Updated: Aug-07-15 4:58 pm
BEIRUT - The nuclear deal with Iran was widely expected to affect other Middle East issues, and that may already be happening with Syria: A series of recent diplomatic maneuvers suggest a growing willingness to at least engage with the Iranian-backed government of Bashar Assad on ways to end the country's civil war.
- US probing if Iranian violated UN sanctions with Russia trip Updated: Aug-07-15 2:52 pm
UNITED NATIONS - The United States is trying to determine whether the commander of the elite Quds Force in Iran's Revolutionary Guard recently visited Russia in violation of a United Nations travel ban, U.S. Ambassador Samantha Power said Friday.
- Asia backs Iran deal, Kerry says A-Bomb anniversary relevant Updated: Aug-06-15 3:32 am
KUALA LUMPUR, Malaysia - The 10 members of the Association of Southeast Asian Nations and five of their large neighbors endorsed the nuclear deal negotiated between Iran and six world powers, as U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry said Thursday's 70th anniversary of the Hiroshima bombing highlighted the importance of the accord in preventing the spread of atomic weapons.