- AP source: Donaldson, Blue Jays nearing $28.65M, 2-year deal Updated: Feb-09-16 10:49 am
NEW YORK - AL MVP Josh Donaldson and the Toronto Blue Jays are nearing agreement on a $28.65 million, two-year contract, according to a person familiar with the negotiations.
- Pitcher Gavin Floyd agrees to $1M, 1-year deal with Toronto Updated: Feb-08-16 12:54 pm
TORONTO - Right-hander Gavin Floyd and the Toronto Blue Jays have agreed to a $1 million, one-year contract.
- Jesse Chavez beats Blue Jays in arbitration, awarded $4M Updated: Feb-06-16 1:40 pm
PHOENIX - Pitcher Jesse Chavez defeated the Toronto Blue Jays in salary arbitration, improving players to 3-0 this year in cases that went to hearings.
- David Aardsma agrees to minor league contract with Blue Jays Updated: Feb-05-16 11:42 am
Pitcher David Aardsma has agreed to a minor league contract with the Toronto Blue Jays and will report to big league spring training.
- Blue Jays will have dirt infield in time for coming season Updated: Feb-03-16 7:03 pm
TORONTO - The Blue Jays are installing a dirt infield at the Rogers Centre for the first time but say it is too early to determine whether they would replace artificial turf with grass in some future season.
- Mets trade outfielder Darrell Ceciliani to Toronto Blue Jays Updated: Feb-02-16 3:13 pm
- Arrieta, Cubs have biggest gap in arbitration at $5.5M Updated: Jan-15-16 9:36 pm
NEW YORK - NL Cy Young Award winner Jake Arrieta had the largest gap among 35 players who swapped proposed figures with their teams in salary arbitration, and new Yankees closer Aroldis Chapman also had a big difference.
- Jays star Donaldson files for arbitration, asks for $11.8M Updated: Jan-15-16 8:09 pm
TORONTO - AL MVP Josh Donaldson has filed for salary arbitration, asking for a huge raise to $11.8 million after leading the Toronto Blue Jays to the playoffs for the first time since 1993.