- Ill. jobs screened for political ties after hiring Updated: Apr-24-14 6:22 pm
- Quinn: Obama library should get private funds too Updated: Apr-24-14 5:58 pm
- Rauner skips GOP event over pastor's comments Updated: Apr-24-14 2:34 pm
- Gov. backs term limits for constitutional officers Updated: Apr-24-14 1:05 pm
- GOP leaders introduce Ill. term limits amendment Updated: Apr-23-14 6:44 pm
- Ill. State Police investigate fatal bar shooting Updated: Apr-23-14 5:20 pm
- Bill would get Illinois police cruisers on road Updated: Apr-23-14 2:53 pm
- Hastert among GOP supporters of immigration reform Updated: Apr-22-14 7:41 pm
- Correction: Illinois Medicaid-Overpayments story Updated: Apr-22-14 5:47 pm
- Durkin says Obama library unaffordable for Ill. Updated: Apr-21-14 5:16 pm
- US Sen. Durbin says he's taking Oberweis seriously Updated: Apr-20-14 1:27 pm
- Illinois roadwork suspended for Easter weekend Updated: Apr-20-14 5:04 am
- Ill. GOP officials who wanted Brady out replaced Updated: Apr-19-14 5:52 pm
- Democrats: Illinois schools could face major cuts Updated: Apr-18-14 7:08 pm
- Investigator wants tougher legislative ethics laws Updated: Apr-18-14 4:49 pm
- Illinois' mining-oversight official fired Updated: Apr-18-14 3:41 pm
- Illinois GOP leaders to urge immigration reform Updated: Apr-18-14 4:06 am
- Environmental groups sue to stop Illiana Tollway Updated: Apr-17-14 6:49 pm
- Illinois gives early OK to $100M for Obama museum Updated: Apr-17-14 5:19 pm
- Herbalife discloses investigation in Illinois Updated: Apr-17-14 4:25 pm
- Legislative hearing on Chicago casino underway Updated: Apr-16-14 12:23 pm
- Illinois trooper charged for roadside strip search Updated: Apr-16-14 8:43 am
- Quinn, GOP's Rauner announce campaign donations Updated: Apr-15-14 11:13 pm
- Chicago-only casino option to face opposition Updated: Apr-15-14 9:17 pm
- Ill. House orders new audit of anti-violence funds Updated: Apr-15-14 4:14 pm
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - When questions arose about political hiring at the Illinois Department of Transportation, Gov. Pat Quinn's administration evaluated several jobs that already had been filled to ensure they were among the few positions where an applicant's political loyalty and connections could be considered.
MOLINE, Illinois - GOP gubernatorial candidate Bruce Rauner (ROW'-nur) isn't attending a Republican dinner in Moline because he says he disagrees with past statements from a pastor asked to speak at the event.
MARION, Illinois - Gov. Pat Quinn says he supports a plan to let voters decide if they should limit the terms of state constitutional officers.
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - Illinois Republican leaders have introduced a proposal that would force statewide officers to serve a two-term limit.
LINCOLN, Illinois - The Illinois State Police says it is investigating the shooting death of a central Illinois man who was involved in an altercation with police in Lincoln.
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - Illinois lawmakers are pushing legislation to get 85 idle Illinois State Police cruisers on the road.
CHICAGO - Some of Illinois' highest-profile Republicans voiced support Tuesday for an immigration overhaul that's stalled in the U.S. House as a "morally right" and business-minded decision, an election-year move they hoped would help break the stalemate.
CHICAGO - In a story April 18 about Illinois Medicaid paying an estimated $12 million for services for people listed in state records as deceased, The Associated Press erroneously reported that the state's contract with Maximus Health Services ended last year. The state continues to have a contract with Maximus for some services, but, effective May 1, state employees will work with the company to verify Medicaid eligibility.
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - The top Republican in the Illinois House criticized on Monday majority Democrats' plan to offer $100 million in taxpayer money to lure Barack Obama's presidential library to Chicago.
CHICAGO - U.S. Sen. Dick Durbin says he's taking his opponent in the November election more seriously than any challenger since he first was elected to the Senate nearly two decades ago.
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - The Illinois Department of Transportation has suspended all non-emergency roadwork over the Easter holiday weekend to reduce congestion and improve traffic flow.
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - A crop of Republican officials who wanted to oust former Illinois GOP Chairman Pat Brady for his statements supporting same-sex marriage have been replaced in their party positions.
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - Most of Illinois' 860 school districts would see cuts in funding if the state's temporary tax increase is rolled back as scheduled, according to a document being circulated as part of Illinois Democrats' campaign to preserve the tax hike and push to update the state's school funding formula.
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - Job recommendations and university application referrals from Illinois lawmakers should be tracked and publicized after clout-related scandals at the University of Illinois and the Metra transit agency, the General Assembly's top ethics officer said Friday.
ST. LOUIS - A top administrator with the Illinois state agency that regulates coal mining and other energy interests has been fired, becoming the latest official to depart in the last two months.
CHICAGO - Candidate for governor Bruce Rauner (ROW'-nur) and other top Illinois Republicans will join the Illinois Business Immigration Coalition at a gathering next week to urge Congress to adopt immigration reform.
CHICAGO - Chicago environmental groups filed a lawsuit Thursday to stop the proposed $1.3 billion Illiana Tollway linking northern Illinois and northwestern Indiana, claiming the Illinois Department of Transportation doesn't have authority to develop it.
CHICAGO - Even though Chicago is where Barack Obama got his start in politics, first lady Michelle Obama grew up and the Obamas still call their hometown, state and local officials aren't taking for granted that the Windy City will land the president's official library.
NEW YORK - Nutritional supplements and weight-loss products maker Herbalife is being investigated by the attorney general of Illinois.
CHICAGO - Anti-gambling advocates say plans calling for more casinos in Illinois will incur social costs.
EAST ST. LOUIS, Illinois - A southwestern Illinois state trooper is facing a felony aggravated battery charge after authorities say he strip-searched a man along the side of a road during a traffic stop.
CHICAGO - Illinois Gov. Pat Quinn and Republican gubernatorial challenger Bruce Rauner (ROW'-nur) have filed their latest campaign reports with the state.
SPRINGIFELD, Illinois - An Illinois lawmaker's proposal to expand gambling in Chicago, but not the rest of the state, will be the focus of a day of hearings that could get heated.
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - Illinois lawmakers are seeking a new audit of anti-violence spending under Gov. Pat Quinn after a review in February found "pervasive" mismanagement in an earlier program.