- Illinois governor's race showcases union fears Updated: Mar-07-14 10:23 am
- Fifth pension lawsuit filed by U of I employees Updated: Mar-06-14 6:59 pm
- GOP's Dillard getting help from labor-backed group Updated: Mar-06-14 5:47 pm
- GOP candidates for lieutenant governor to debate Updated: Mar-06-14 5:34 pm
- Illinois universities warn of perils if budget cut Updated: Mar-06-14 4:26 pm
- Senate approves $1B less for spending number Updated: Mar-06-14 3:15 pm
- Ill. victim who backed concealed carry gets permit Updated: Mar-06-14 1:19 pm
- Illinois transportation officials seek extra $47M Updated: Mar-06-14 8:43 am
- Lawmaker pushes for video gaming "exclusion" list Updated: Mar-06-14 4:07 am
- 'Pay it Forward' college plan gets House approval Updated: Mar-06-14 4:06 am
- GOP Ill. governor candidates debate unions' role Updated: Mar-05-14 9:52 pm
- Dillard defends union backing in GOP gov's debate Updated: Mar-05-14 8:47 pm
- After FEMA denial, Ill. turns to state tornado aid Updated: Mar-05-14 8:43 pm
- GOP gov candidates argue over pension reform Updated: Mar-05-14 8:01 pm
- Gun owners, activists march in Springfield Updated: Mar-05-14 6:20 pm
- Pension, gay marriage votes stir primary contests Updated: Mar-05-14 5:13 pm
- Children in Chicago day care van crash unhurt Updated: Mar-05-14 12:32 pm
- Ill. lawmakers have mixed reviews of speed cameras Updated: Mar-05-14 8:19 am
- Bill would punish dispatchers who alert criminals Updated: Mar-05-14 6:26 am
- Ill. Senate advances levee-improvement measure Updated: Mar-05-14 4:08 am
- Gay couples can now get Ill. marriage licenses Updated: Mar-05-14 4:02 am
- FEMA denies Illinois appeal on storm damage help Updated: Mar-04-14 9:41 pm
- GOP gov candidates want death penalty reinstated Updated: Mar-04-14 9:30 pm
- Madigan introduces plan to build Obama library Updated: Mar-04-14 7:59 pm
- Illinois House panel passes Poison Center bill Updated: Mar-04-14 7:29 pm
CHICAGO - When superrich Republican Bruce Rauner decided to run for governor of Illinois, it was clear this wouldn't be the kind of race the state was accustomed to. Rauner, who made his fortune as a venture capitalist, was new to campaigning and bragged of being beholden to no one. He came out swinging at entrenched special interests and "government union bosses" with an intensity not seen before.
CHAMPAIGN, Illinois - A fifth lawsuit has been filed by state employees challenging Illinois' new pension law.
CHICAGO - A union-backed group is spending more than $700,000 to promote state Sen. Kirk Dillard in the Republican primary for Illinois governor.
CHICAGO - The four Republican candidates for Illinois lieutenant governor were set to square off Thursday in their only televised debate ahead of the March 18 primary.
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - Illinois' public university presidents Thursday spelled out a doomsday scenario of cuts should the state's temporary tax increase expire as scheduled next January, a move they say would disproportionately affect the number of low-income students while others flee to schools outside the state.
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - The Illinois Senate is predicting $1 billion less to spend in the state's upcoming budget year.
ST. LOUIS - A southern Illinois retiree whose legal fight helped bring about an end to the state's last-in-the-nation ban on concealed carry has become among the state's first to get her permit to have a handgun in public.
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - The Illinois Department of Transportation is asking lawmakers for another $47 million to cover the costs of the especially harsh winter.
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - Lawmakers are moving forward with creating an exclusion list of people the Illinois Gaming Board deems shouldn't be involved with video gambling.
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - The Illinois House has approved a plan to study alternative ways for people to pay for college.
CHICAGO - A major union's endorsement became a central focus of a debate between the Republican candidates for Illinois governor on Wednesday, prompting questions about the contenders' GOP credentials, accusations of "selling out" taxpayers and pointed exchanges over the role of organized labor in the state's politics.
CHICAGO - State Sen. Kirk Dillard is defending union endorsements he's received in the Republican gubernatorial race.
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - After the denial of federal disaster assistance, Illinois Gov. Pat Quinn announced the state will be making $45 million available to help local governments recover from November's deadly tornadoes.
CHICAGO - The Republican candidates for Illinois governor are arguing about pension reform and the state's finances in the second-to-last debate ahead of the March 18 primary.
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - Gun owners and activists rallied Wednesday in Springfield, just days after the first concealed carry permits arrived in mailboxes across Illinois, wasting no time in turning to next steps in a battle they insist isn't over.
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - Four months ago, state Rep. Christian Mitchell made a tough vote in favor of Illinois' landmark state pension overhaul. Now he's facing the repercussions.
CHICAGO - Illinois State Police now say eight of the nine people taken to hospitals after a morning crash involving a car, a Megabus and a day care van were children. But none of the children were injured.
BELLEVILLE, Illinois - Illinois lawmakers have mixed thoughts on a proposal that would allow communities around the state to install speed cameras, which are only allowed in Chicago.
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - The Illinois Senate has advanced legislation making it a crime for 911 dispatchers to tip off criminals when law enforcement is nearby.
GRAND TOWER, Illinois - An Illinois legislative measure in support of a southern Illinois county's efforts to fix a worrisome Mississippi River levee is advancing.
CHICAGO - Illinois' attorney general says county clerks statewide can immediately begin issuing marriage licenses to same-sex couples even though the state law legalizing gay marriage doesn't take effect until June.
CHICAGO - Gov. Pat Quinn on Tuesday said he was disappointed with the Federal Emergency Management Agency's denial of Illinois' appeal for federal disaster assistance for local governments impacted by the Nov. 17 tornado outbreak.
CHICAGO - The Republican candidates for Illinois governor say they're in favor of reinstating the death penalty in the state.
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - Illinois' House Speaker and Democratic Party chair has introduced legislation he hopes will lure President Barack Obama to choose Illinois as the site of his presidential library and museum, an effort that could be part of a push later this year to approve a new capital construction bill.
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - State lawmakers are pushing a plan to save the Illinois Poison Center from closing, using a creative funding mechanism during an expectedly tight budget year.