- Ill. pension fight could create deeper fiscal hole Updated: Dec-04-13 7:11 pm
- Pensions bill sent to Gov. Quinn for signature Updated: Dec-04-13 6:49 pm
- Pension vote could alter Illinois governor's race Updated: Dec-04-13 6:00 pm
- Lawmakers don't take up horse racing bill Updated: Dec-03-13 7:59 pm
- Senate supporters of pension plan say time is now Updated: Dec-03-13 7:47 pm
- Senate Oks ADM, OfficeMax and Univar Updated: Dec-03-13 7:37 pm
- Critics of pension plan raise transparent issue Updated: Dec-03-13 6:43 pm
- Senate begins debate on $160B pension plan Updated: Dec-03-13 4:07 pm
- Nekritz: Yes vote on pension bill tough, necessary Updated: Dec-03-13 3:31 pm
- Madigan: Pensions overhaul is 'balanced' bill Updated: Dec-03-13 3:10 pm
- House debate begins on pension overhaul Updated: Dec-03-13 2:47 pm
- Madigan: Illinois pension systems 'just too rich' Updated: Dec-03-13 10:40 am
- Pension plan goes to Illinois House, Senate Updated: Dec-02-13 7:28 pm
- Ill. lawmakers prepare for pension vote Updated: Dec-02-13 7:19 pm
- Sen. Brady first to sign pension committee report Updated: Dec-02-13 5:08 pm
- Sen. Kirk says Illinois pension deal 'falls short' Updated: Dec-02-13 1:23 pm
- Unions target Senate Dems in pension reform battle Updated: Dec-01-13 4:25 pm
- Dillard calls for specifics on pension deal Updated: Dec-01-13 3:39 pm
- Same-sex couple's wedding a first for Illinois Updated: Nov-27-13 7:17 pm
- Senate to meet next week to vote on pension deal Updated: Nov-27-13 1:55 pm
- Illinois sees fewer deer-vehicle crashes in 2012 Updated: Nov-27-13 4:07 am
- GOP candidate has given own campaign $1.25M Updated: Nov-26-13 5:50 pm
- Ill. police honor trooper with Thanksgiving patrol Updated: Nov-26-13 3:16 pm
- Illinois lawmakers request disaster declaration Updated: Nov-26-13 4:06 am
- AG's investigators work in tornado-damaged towns Updated: Nov-25-13 1:03 pm
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - With the fight over solving Illinois' worst-in-the-nation pension shortfall now headed to the courts, the financially troubled state faces a grim possibility: The plan could be tossed, and Illinois could wind up in an even deeper fiscal hole than the one it's in now.
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - A bill aimed at fixing Illinois' hundred billion pension crisis is before Gov. Pat Quinn.
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - Some longtime labor supporters chided Gov. Pat Quinn Wednesday over his legislative victory on a pension crisis he said he was "put on earth" to solve, a signal of the murky impact the landmark vote could have on next year's Illinois governor's race.
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - State lawmakers have adjourned without approving legislation supporters say would give the horse racing industry a needed boost.
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - A Republican state senator in favor of a major pension overhaul says the bill would help put Illinois on the right path toward fiscal solvency.
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - Illinois lawmakers have adjourned without approving bills proposing tax incentives for Archer Daniels Midland Company, chemical distributor Univar and newly-merged OfficeMax and Office Depot.
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - Those speaking out against a major pension overhaul before the Illinois General Assembly include Republican and Democratic senators from suburban Chicago.
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - The Illinois Senate has also started debating on a pension overhaul estimated to save $160 billion over the next three decades
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - A key Illinois lawmaker says she takes no joy in supporting a proposal to fix the state's $100 billion pension crisis.
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - House Speaker Michael Madigan says a major pension overhaul is a well thought out and balanced bill that deserves the support of the chamber.
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - The Illinois House has started debating a major overhaul aimed at addressing Illinois' $100 billion pension crisis.
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - Illinois' House Speaker told a bipartisan legislative committee that the state's pension systems are "just too rich" to be afforded in the future.
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - A bipartisan committee of lawmakers has approved a plan to deal with Illinois' $100 billion pension problem. The measure now heads to the House and Senate for consideration.
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - Illinois lawmakers began putting the pieces in place Monday for a potentially historic vote to address the nation's worst public-pension shortfall, as legislators scrambled to digest the complex deal and labor unions and other political heavyweights ratcheted up pressure for and against it.
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - A Republican state Senator and gubernatorial hopeful was the first of a ten-member bipartisan committee to sign a report approving a plan to deal with Illinois' $100 billion pension problem.
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - U.S. Sen. Mark Kirk says a pension-reform deal under consideration in Springfield "falls short of finding the savings needed to solve Illinois' fiscal crisis."
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - Up against a determined effort to curtail state employees' retirement benefits, Illinois' unions are staging an all-out campaign to thwart approval of a breakthrough proposal to solve the state's $100 billion pension crisis, specifically targeting a small contingent of moderate Senate Democrats.
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - Illinois Sen. Kirk Dillard wants to read pension-reform legislation before deciding whether to support it. Lawmakers could be asked to vote as early as Tuesday.
CHICAGO - In a short ceremony inside their Chicago apartment, two beaming brides made Illinois history Wednesday as they became the first gay couple to wed under the state's new law legalizing same-sex marriage.
CHICAGO - A spokeswoman for Illinois Senate President John Cullerton says members are being asked to return to Springfield next week to vote on a newly inked deal to solve the state's pension crisis.
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - Illinois officials are reminding drivers to be alert for deer on the roadways during what they say is the one of the most active periods of the year for wildlife.
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - A Republican candidate for Illinois governor who reported income of $53 million last year has contributed more than $1 million to his own campaign, but an analysis Tuesday of recent elections shows deep pockets are far from an assurance of electoral success.
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - Illinois State Police launched an aggressive Thanksgiving holiday enforcement effort on the state's roadways Tuesday called Operation Kyle in honor of a state trooper who was killed a year ago conducting a traffic stop.
CHICAGO - U.S. lawmakers from Illinois have sent a letter to President Barack Obama asking him to issue a disaster declaration for the central and southern parts of the state hit by severe storms and tornadoes.
CHICAGO - Investigators from Illinois Attorney General Lisa Madigan's office are working in central and southern Illinois communities severely damaged by tornadoes.