- Ill. lawmakers to discuss money for Obama library Updated: Apr-17-14 6:28 am
- Legislative hearing on Chicago casino underway Updated: Apr-16-14 12:23 pm
- Illinois trooper charged for roadside strip search Updated: Apr-16-14 8:43 am
- Quinn, GOP's Rauner announce campaign donations Updated: Apr-15-14 11:13 pm
- Chicago-only casino option to face opposition Updated: Apr-15-14 9:17 pm
- Ill. House orders new audit of anti-violence funds Updated: Apr-15-14 4:14 pm
- Ill. House panel plans daylong gambling hearing Updated: Apr-15-14 4:04 am
- Miss. River bridge not at traffic projections Updated: Apr-14-14 7:57 pm
- IDOT changes work zone signs as speed limit climbs Updated: Apr-14-14 12:37 pm
- EXCHANGE: Rolling along with the pothole patrol Updated: Apr-14-14 9:46 am
- Illinois awards $52M for bike, walking paths Updated: Apr-13-14 2:46 pm
- Closer Look: Tough tax votes loom in Illinois Updated: Apr-13-14 12:32 pm
- Judge makes ruling in Kankakee-area pipeline leak Updated: Apr-11-14 5:20 pm
- Voters to decide on 2 constitutional amendments Updated: Apr-11-14 3:05 pm
- Illinois Senate approves ban on ticket quotas Updated: Apr-11-14 11:10 am
- Kollins to head of 2 Ill. State Police districts Updated: Apr-11-14 9:08 am
- Correction: XGR-Retirement Savings story Updated: Apr-10-14 6:31 pm
- Amendment protecting Ill. voters to go on ballot Updated: Apr-10-14 4:31 pm
- Illinois House OKs ridesharing regulations Updated: Apr-10-14 3:17 pm
- Illinois House speaker cleared in transit probe Updated: Apr-10-14 3:11 pm
- School funding proposal advances, changes likely Updated: Apr-10-14 1:17 pm
- Bill would guard against denial of disaster aid Updated: Apr-10-14 8:34 am
- Bill helps districts fill teaching vacancies Updated: Apr-10-14 7:24 am
- Illinois troopers seize heroin during traffic stop Updated: Apr-10-14 4:04 am
- Illinois House leader halts millionaire tax plan Updated: Apr-09-14 6:17 pm
CHICAGO - A proposal to devote $100 million in state construction funds to help land President Barack Obama's presidential museum and library will be the focus of a legislative hearing.
CHICAGO - Anti-gambling advocates say plans calling for more casinos in Illinois will incur social costs.
EAST ST. LOUIS, Illinois - A southwestern Illinois state trooper is facing a felony aggravated battery charge after authorities say he strip-searched a man along the side of a road during a traffic stop.
CHICAGO - Illinois Gov. Pat Quinn and Republican gubernatorial challenger Bruce Rauner (ROW'-nur) have filed their latest campaign reports with the state.
SPRINGIFELD, Illinois - An Illinois lawmaker's proposal to expand gambling in Chicago, but not the rest of the state, will be the focus of a day of hearings that could get heated.
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - Illinois lawmakers are seeking a new audit of anti-violence spending under Gov. Pat Quinn after a review in February found "pervasive" mismanagement in an earlier program.
CHICAGO - An Illinois House committee is planning a daylong hearing on gambling expansion in the state.
BELLEVILLE, Illinois - Traffic isn't at projected levels on a new Interstate 70 bridge crossing the Mississippi River between Illinois and St. Louis, according to numbers released Monday by the Illinois Department of Transportation.
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - Illinois transportation officials are adding extra safety precautions to work zones around the state after the speed limit was increased to 70 mph on some highways.
PERU, Illinois - About the time you start to notice the "first robin of springtime," other telltale signs of the season start to appear.
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - Illinois communities are set receive more than $52 million in federal funds to invest in local alternative transportation projects - including bike paths, walking trails, streetscape upgrades and historic preservation.
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - Faced with an expected $3 billion budget hole from an expiring income tax increase, Illinois lawmakers are grappling with whether to raise taxes to avoid major cuts to schools and social services next year.
KANKAKEE, Illinois - Attorney General Lisa Madigan says a Kankakee County judge has ordered two pipeline operators to help her office investigate a 1,500-gallon petroleum gas spill last month.
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - Voters in Illinois will be asked whether to amend the state constitution in at least two different ways.
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - Legislation that would ban police departments from issuing quotas on tickets has been approved in the Illinois Senate.
COLLINSVILLE, Illinois - There's a new commander for two southwestern Illinois State Police districts that encompass 10 counties.
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - In a story April 9 about proposed retirement savings accounts for private-sector workers, The Associated Press reported erroneously in the first sentence that the program cleared the Illinois Legislature. It cleared the Senate.
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - Illinois voters will consider a constitutional amendment this fall aimed at scuttling attempts at voter suppression after Senate action Thursday.
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - Legislation creating rules for unregulated rideshare companies such as Uber, Lyft, and Sidecar is moving through the Illinois Legislature.
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - An investigation into whether Illinois' powerful House speaker improperly influenced hiring at Chicago's scandal-tarnished Metra commuter rail agency found no legal violations, according to the Democratic lawmaker's office.
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - Legislation that makes sweeping changes to Illinois' public school funding is progressing in the Illinois Senate, but changes are likely before it could become law.
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - Draft legislation would require the state to step in with disaster aid if the federal government denies requests for help.
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - Legislation helping southern Illinois school districts fill teaching vacancies with recently retired teachers is advancing in the state Legislature.
EDWARDSVILLE, Illinois - Illinois State Police say troopers seized vacuum-sealed bags of heroin with a possible street value of $250,000 during a traffic stop on Interstate 55 in Madison County.
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - An effort to increase taxes for Illinois millionaires is on hold after the state's powerful House speaker couldn't get enough votes to push his plan through the Democratic-controlled Legislature, and he's blaming Republicans who "prefer and protect millionaires over school children," his spokesman said Wednesday.