- Badminton federation suspends membership of SportAccord Updated: May-25-15 5:20 am
KUALA LUMPUR, Malaysia - The Badminton World Federation has joined a long list of Olympic sports suspending its membership of SportAccord.
- Peru pulls out of hosting Marius Vizer's World Combat Games Updated: May-24-15 12:32 pm
LONDON - The Olympic backlash against Marius Vizer widened, as Peruvian organizers pulled out of hosting one of his showcase multi-sports events and basketball became the latest federation to suspend ties with his umbrella body.
- Summer Olympic sports chief to Vizer: You don't represent us Updated: May-22-15 12:18 pm
LONDON - Marius Vizer's latest foray into IOC politics earned a blunt rebuke from a senior Olympic leader Friday, as more sports suspended ties with his umbrella body.
- Rome mayor wants Olympic medal ceremonies at Colosseum Updated: May-22-15 10:35 am
ROME - Rome Mayor Ignazio Marino proposed Friday that medal ceremonies be held at the Colosseum if the Italian capital wins the bid to host the 2024 Olympics.
- Thomas Bach to Marius Vizer: I'll get back to you later Updated: May-20-15 1:29 pm
LONDON - IOC President Thomas Bach is keeping Marius Vizer waiting on his invitation for a clear-the-air meeting.
- Weightlifting latest sport to suspend ties with SportAccord Updated: May-19-15 8:00 am
BUDAPEST, Hungary - Weightlifting has become the 10th sport to break with SportAccord, the umbrella body for Olympic and non-Olympic federations.
- Longtime IOC member Peter Tallberg of Finland dies at 77 Updated: May-16-15 11:14 am
LAUSANNE, Switzerland - Longtime IOC member Peter Tallberg of Finland has died after a battle against cancer, the International Olympic Committee said Saturday. He was 77.
- Council's Olympic panel to focus on IOC reforms Updated: May-16-15 10:01 am
BOSTON - With Boston in the hunt for the 2024 Olympics, a city council panel is looking into how reforms recently approved by the International Olympic Committee might impact the city's bid.
- Governor presses Boston Olympic bid organizers on planning Updated: May-14-15 4:09 pm
BOSTON - Gov. Charlie Baker again appears to be showing impatience with the progress of Boston's Olympic bid organizers in completing a detailed plan for hosting the 2024 Summer Games.
- IOC strips US of Olympic relay medals in Gay doping case Updated: May-13-15 3:31 pm
LONDON - The entire U.S. men's sprint relay team was stripped of its silver medal from the 2012 London Olympics on Wednesday as a result of Tyson Gay's doping case.
- Vizer defiant on World Combat Games despite withdrawals Updated: May-13-15 11:35 am
LAUSANNE, Switzerland - The World Combat Games will go ahead next year despite the withdrawal of several sports in protest over the chief organizer's attack on the International Olympic Committee.
- Tokyo opens bidding for sports to be added to 2020 Olympics Updated: May-11-15 7:35 am
TOKYO - Japanese Olympic organizers opened the application process Monday for sports hoping to be added to the 2020 Tokyo Games.
- IOC chief: Small nations like New Zealand could host games Updated: May-05-15 12:04 am
AUCKLAND, New Zealand - International Olympic Committee president Thomas Bach says there's no reason a small nation such as New Zealand shouldn't aspire to host the Olympics.
- IOC president Bach visits cyclone-hit facilities on Vanuatu Updated: May-04-15 9:05 pm
- IOC president lobbies for sport to be part of UN plan Updated: May-02-15 12:38 am
- Pair of sheikhs are the big winners at Asian elections Updated: Apr-30-15 10:29 am
MANAMA, Bahrain - A pair of sheikhs were the big winners Thursday at a meeting of Asian soccer leaders.
- IOC president Bach discusses potential Australia bid Updated: Apr-29-15 6:41 am
CANBERRA, Australia - Australia would have a good chance of success if it bid to host the 2028 Olympic Games in Queensland state, International Olympic Committee President Thomas Bach said on Wednesday.
- Bach: India not ready to bid for 2024 Olympics Updated: Apr-27-15 12:20 pm
NEW DELHI - India is not ready to bid for the 2024 Olympics but could be a candidate to host the games in the future, IOC President Thomas Bach said on Monday.