- Rio Mayor says no sports 'mausoleum' like Beijing Updated: Apr-17-14 4:15 pm
- Krakow's deputy mayor to lead Winter Games bid Updated: Apr-17-14 10:44 am
- Ukraine 2022 Olympic bid on hold but still alive Updated: Apr-17-14 6:58 am
- Rio 2016 Olympic crisis: 5 things to know Updated: Apr-12-14 8:27 am
- Bach: IOC sending troubleshooter to Rio next week Updated: Apr-10-14 8:05 pm
- IOC warns Pakistan of possible suspension Updated: Apr-10-14 12:42 pm
- IOC formally disqualifies 2 Sochi athletes Updated: Apr-09-14 12:24 pm
- Canada's Pound assigned Olympic broadcast role Updated: Apr-04-14 12:43 pm
- IOC president meets Saudi Olympic chief in Riyadh Updated: Apr-02-14 7:01 am
- Asian Games organizers ask IOC to bring in NKorea Updated: Apr-01-14 7:23 am
- French ski great Killy resigns as IOC member Updated: Mar-28-14 1:22 pm
- UCI head suggests track cycling for Winter Games Updated: Mar-25-14 3:50 pm
RIO DE JANEIRO - Rio de Janeiro Mayor Eduardo Paes is viewed as the key person to speed up the city's delayed Olympics Games preparations. He has been the point man when all three levels of Brazilian government have debated expenditures for the 2016 Games.
KRAKOW, Poland - Krakow's deputy mayor was chosen Thursday to lead the Polish city's candidacy for the 2022 Winter Olympics following the resignation of the previous bid chief.
LONDON - With the crisis in Ukraine escalating by the day, the prospect of the Winter Olympics going to the former Soviet republic seems hard to imagine. Yet, the western Ukrainian city of Lviv hasn't given up on its bid for the 2022 Games.
BELEK, Turkey - Blame it on Rio.
BELEK, Turkey - The International Olympic Committee is sending a senior troubleshooter to Brazil next week as part of a series of emergency measures to tackle the delays threatening the 2016 Games in Rio de Janeiro.
BELEK, Turkey - The IOC says Pakistan's Olympic committee will be suspended in July unless it complies with rules banning government interference.
BELEK, Turkey - The IOC has formally disqualified an Austrian cross-country skier and Polish bobsledder who failed doping tests during the Sochi Olympics six weeks ago.
LONDON - After years on the outside looking in, Dick Pound is back with a new role in the International Olympic Committee.
RIYADH, Saudi Arabia - IOC President Thomas Bach has discussed the issue of women's participation in sports with Saudi Arabia's Olympic chief.
SEOUL, South Korea - South Korean organizers of the Asian Games have asked the International Olympic Committee to urge North Korea to enter more athletes.
French ski great Jean-Claude Killy has resigned as a member of the International Olympic Committee, declaring it's time to move on after spending the past seven years heading the oversight panel for the Winter Games in Sochi.
LONDON - The head of cycling's world governing body would like to see track cycling in the Winter Olympics.