- Paris secures sponsors; presents logo for 2024 Olympic bid Updated: Feb-09-16 3:48 pm
PARIS - Paris ramped up its bid for the 2024 Olympics on Tuesday, securing about 8 million euros ($8.9 million) in four sponsorship deals and presenting its Eiffel Tower-shaped logo in a ceremony on the Champs Elysees.
- Kenya planning on track for Rio Olympics; No Zika boycott Updated: Feb-09-16 12:41 pm
NAIROBI, Kenya - Kenya is preparing as planned for the Rio de Janeiro Olympics while also monitoring the outbreak of the Zika virus in Brazil, the official in charge of the country's team said Tuesday.
- IOC chief likes LA, but reveals no favorite for 2024 Games Updated: Feb-01-16 9:36 pm
LOS ANGELES - The president of the International Olympic Committee said a lot of nice things about Los Angeles on Monday after visiting proposed venues for the 2024 Games. But if he has a favorite among the four cities competing to host the international competition, he didn't share it.
- IOC to advise national Olympic bodies on Zika virus Updated: Jan-28-16 12:34 pm
ATHENS, Greece - The IOC will advise all national Olympic bodies on how to deal with the Zika virus ahead of the games in Rio de Janeiro.
- IOC's Bach: Refugees will be honored at Rio Olympics Updated: Jan-28-16 11:28 am
ATHENS, Greece - A group of refugee athletes will march together in the opening ceremony of the Olympics in Rio de Janeiro in a symbol of hope for the world's migrants, IOC President Thomas Bach said Thursday.
- IOC's Bach: Rio de Janeiro Games will 'overwhelm' world Updated: Jan-27-16 4:47 pm
ATHENS, Greece - IOC President Thomas Bach predicted on Wednesday that the Olympics in Rio de Janeiro will "overwhelm" the world, despite Brazil's deep financial crisis.
- AP NewsBreak: US athletes urge expansion of Russian probe Updated: Jan-26-16 4:26 pm
U.S. Olympic athletes sent a letter to leaders of the International Olympic Committee and World Anti-Doping Agency this week, urging them to expand the investigation into Russian doping to sports beyond track and field.
- Olympic powerbroker has Kuwaiti court conviction thrown out Updated: Jan-26-16 9:57 am
KUWAIT CITY - A Kuwaiti sheikh who is a major powerbroker in the Olympics and world soccer has been acquitted by an appeals court of violating a gag order in a case about an alleged coup, his lawyer said Tuesday.
- Bach: Lamine Diack brought IAAF 'into the abyss' Updated: Jan-25-16 9:10 am
FRANKFURT, Germany - IOC President Thomas Bach says former IAAF head Lamine Diack brought his sport "into the abyss" by extorting money from athletes to cover up doping.
- IOC relaxes guidelines on transgender athletes Updated: Jan-24-16 2:45 pm
LONDON - Transgender athletes should be allowed to compete in the Olympics and other international events without undergoing sex reassignment surgery, according to new guidelines adopted by the IOC.
- Renzi confident time is right for Rome to host Olympics Updated: Jan-21-16 12:41 pm
LAUSANNE, Switzerland - Italian Premier Matteo Renzi believes Rome's time has finally come to host the Olympics again.
- Rio de Janeiro Olympics facing deep cuts unseen in decades Updated: Jan-15-16 1:19 pm
RIO DE JANEIRO - Cuts, cuts and more cuts.
- Russia says accusations of Putin's role in doping 'baffling' Updated: Jan-15-16 10:40 am
MOSCOW - The head of the Russian Olympic Committee said it was "baffling" to think that Vladimir Putin may have been consulted on doping by Russian athletes.
- IOC asks for transcripts suggesting 2020 Olympic bid bribery Updated: Jan-15-16 9:52 am
LONDON - The IOC is ready to examine allegations of possible bribery in the bidding for the 2020 Olympics.
- The Latest: Olympic committee to work closely with IAAF Updated: Jan-14-16 12:31 pm
MUNICH - The Latest from the IAAF investigation (all times local):
- Kuwait government sues Olympic body after IOC suspension Updated: Jan-13-16 12:37 pm
KUWAIT CITY - The Kuwaiti government filed a $1.3 billion suit against 14 board members of the Gulf state's Olympic committee, including the influential head of the world association of national Olympic bodies.
- IOC: Newspaper refuses to provide emails in 'parcels' report Updated: Jan-12-16 12:41 pm
LAUSANNE, Switzerland - The IOC asked a British newspaper for copies of the emails quoted in a report linking the son of former IAAF president Lamine Diack to alleged "parcels" to be delivered to six IOC members.