- IOC chief: Small nations like New Zealand could host games Updated: May-05-15 12:04 am
AUCKLAND, New Zealand - International Olympic Committee president Thomas Bach says there's no reason a small nation such as New Zealand shouldn't aspire to host the Olympics.
- IOC president Bach visits cyclone-hit facilities on Vanuatu Updated: May-04-15 9:05 pm
- IOC president lobbies for sport to be part of UN plan Updated: May-02-15 12:38 am
- Pair of sheikhs are the big winners at Asian elections Updated: Apr-30-15 10:29 am
MANAMA, Bahrain - A pair of sheikhs were the big winners Thursday at a meeting of Asian soccer leaders.
- IOC president Bach discusses potential Australia bid Updated: Apr-29-15 6:41 am
CANBERRA, Australia - Australia would have a good chance of success if it bid to host the 2028 Olympic Games in Queensland state, International Olympic Committee President Thomas Bach said on Wednesday.
- Bach: India not ready to bid for 2024 Olympics Updated: Apr-27-15 12:20 pm
NEW DELHI - India is not ready to bid for the 2024 Olympics but could be a candidate to host the games in the future, IOC President Thomas Bach said on Monday.
- Manfred downplays possibility of big leaguers in Olympics Updated: Apr-23-15 5:59 pm
NEW YORK - Don't expect to see big league baseball players at the 2020 Olympics, even if the IOC reinstates the sport for the Tokyo Games. And new Major League Baseball Commissioner Rob Manfred says the sport's international governing body should demand a long-term pledge from the International Olympic Committee before agreeing to return.
- AP Interview: Rio 2016 CEO on corruption, legacy budget Updated: Apr-23-15 3:36 pm
RIO DE JANEIRO - Sidney Levy placed his thumb and forefinger about an inch apart to illustrate the size of a book he'd just been reading.
- Sweden mulls 2026 Winter Games bid after aborted '22 effort Updated: Apr-23-15 9:36 am
COPENHAGEN, Denmark - Stockholm is mulling a run for the 2026 Winter Olympics based on the concept of its aborted bid for the 2022 Games.
- Sport federations' chief Marius Vizer attacks IOC Updated: Apr-20-15 10:47 am
SOCHI, Russia - The head of the association representing international sports federations launched a scathing attack on the IOC on Monday, accusing the Olympic body of running a system that is "expired, outdated, wrong, unfair and not at all transparent."
- IOC to launch online courses for Olympic athletes, coaches Updated: Apr-17-15 11:33 am
LAUSANNE, Switzerland - The IOC is launching an online educational service for Olympians and other elite athletes and coaches.
- IOC chief Bach praises Paris as 2024 Olympics candidate Updated: Apr-16-15 3:02 pm
- Hungary PM Orban ready to back 2024 Olympic bid by Budapest Updated: Apr-16-15 10:33 am
LAUSANNE, Switzerland - The Hungarian government is prepared to support a bid by Budapest to host the 2024 Olympics, Prime Minister Viktor Orban told The Associated Press on Thursday.
- Olympic chief: No 'political interference' in rules of sport Updated: Apr-15-15 6:12 pm
- Bidding race for 2024 Olympics starting to get crowded Updated: Apr-13-15 1:18 pm
LONDON - Even though the race hasn't officially started, the field for the 2024 Olympics is getting more crowded by the day.