- Billie Jean King: On Sochi Olympics, gay rights Updated: Mar-01-14 4:51 pm
- Costly, political, successful: Sochi Olympics end Updated: Feb-23-14 2:23 pm
- Sweden's Backstrom fails doping test in Sochi Updated: Feb-23-14 1:48 pm
- On home ice and snow, Russians win medals tally Updated: Feb-23-14 11:54 am
- IOC confident in success of anti-doping program Updated: Feb-23-14 10:16 am
- Bach hails 'amazing' transformation of Sochi Updated: Feb-23-14 9:05 am
- Big Air a likely next step at Olympics Updated: Feb-23-14 3:12 am
- Communist party head shows banner at Sochi Games Updated: Feb-22-14 1:23 pm
- Bach singles out Ukrainian win as standout moment Updated: Feb-22-14 11:15 am
- Olympic women's hockey showed improvement in Sochi Updated: Feb-22-14 4:54 am
- Human rights pledge urged for future Olympic hosts Updated: Feb-22-14 1:59 am
- Kimmel's wolf hoax: ABC News knew ahead of time Updated: Feb-21-14 4:21 pm
- Sochi organizer: 'We delivered what we promised' Updated: Feb-21-14 11:00 am
- Skier out of Olympics, citing violence in Ukraine Updated: Feb-20-14 11:04 am
- SOCHI SCENE: Keeping the focus Updated: Feb-20-14 5:09 am
- After Sochi, what's next for Winter Olympics? Updated: Feb-20-14 4:43 am
- Bubka calls for halt to violence in Ukraine Updated: Feb-19-14 11:07 am
- Ukraine crisis felt among athletes at Olympics Updated: Feb-19-14 9:09 am
- Bach praises 'great dignity' of Ukrainian athletes Updated: Feb-19-14 8:13 am
- Olympians tiptoe around sponsorship ban Updated: Feb-18-14 8:52 am
- IIHF: Dropping women's hockey 'will never happen' Updated: Feb-18-14 8:14 am
- IOC defends Monday's removal of gay activist Updated: Feb-18-14 4:06 am
- Injured Russian Olympic skier evacuated to Germany Updated: Feb-16-14 1:58 pm
- India's flag unfurled at Sochi Olympic village Updated: Feb-16-14 5:41 am
- SOCHI SCENE: 'I hope so' Updated: Feb-15-14 9:18 am
NEW YORK - Billie Jean King's taxi ride home after the Sochi Olympics included a revelation.
SOCHI, Russia - Flushed with pride after its athletes' spectacular showing at the costliest Olympics ever, Russia celebrated Sunday night with a visually stunning finale that handed off a smooth but politically charged Winter Games to their next host, Pyeongchang in South Korea.
SOCHI, Russia - Sweden center Nicklas Backstrom watched from the athletes village as his teammates lost to Canada in the Olympic hockey gold-medal game because he failed a doping test for a substance found in an allergy medication.
SOCHI, Russia - Russia's post-Soviet athletic decline hit bottom at the Vancouver Olympics, where the once dominant winter sporting nation left with only three gold medals and the daunting task of rebuilding its team in time to host the Sochi Games.
KRASNAYA POLYANA, Russia - At the midpoint of the Sochi Games, not yet marred by a single case of doping, the IOC's top medical official said its efforts to catch drug cheats were so successful they had scared them all away.
SOCHI, Russia - IOC President Thomas Bach hailed the Sochi Olympics on Sunday for showcasing the "amazing" transformation of a fading resort town where he once feared being hit in the head by a falling roof.
KRASNAYA POLYANA, Russia - Coming soon to an Olympics near you: Could it be Big Air?
SOCHI, Russia - The head of Russia's Communist Party held up a hammer-and-sickle Soviet banner during a flower ceremony at the Winter Olympics, leading to a confrontation with staff over violating Olympic rules that bar political statements at the games.
SOCHI, Russia - Ukraine's victory in the women's biathlon relay was the standout moment of the Sochi Olympics, a powerful symbol of unity during the country's bloody political crisis, IOC President Thomas Bach said Saturday.
SOCHI, Russia - A five-time Olympian, Hayley Wickenheiser has been representing Canada in the Winter Games ever since women's hockey was added to the program.
Citing widespread dismay with Russia's anti-gay laws, a coalition of more than 30 human rights and gay rights groups is calling on the International Olympic Committee to ensure that future Olympic host countries do not have discriminatory laws on their books.
ABC News received advance warning of Jimmy Kimmel's prank about a wolf supposedly prowling the athletes' village in Sochi but didn't steer other news organizations away from it, the network said Friday. The talk show host's hoax was so realistic that despite the tip, even one of his own network's news websites posted a story suggesting the report was real.
SOCHI, Russia - After a 10-year journey to bring Sochi to the world stage, Dmitry Chernyshenko is feeling a mix of pride, relief and sadness as the Winter Olympics draw to a close.
KRASNAYA POLYANA, Russia - A Ukrainian skier has withdrawn from the Olympics in response to the deaths of anti-government protesters in her country.
SOCHI, Russia - A video of the punk band Pussy Riot being assaulted by Russian authorities under a sign that reads "Sochi 2014" is garnering worldwide attention. A Ukrainian skier has pulled out of the Olympics as a political statement against the violence in Kiev. A gay activist drew headlines earlier in the week after being led away from Olympic Park.
SOCHI, Russia - The sheer cost, size and scale of the Sochi Olympics has outstripped anything done before. The question for future Winter Games is clear: Can anyone - should anyone - try to top that?
SOCHI, Russia - His eyes welling with tears and voice choking with emotion, Ukrainian pole vault great Sergei Bubka appealed Wednesday to both sides in his homeland's political crisis to halt the violence that has claimed dozens of lives and brought the country "to the brink of catastrophe."
SOCHI, Russia - Others tried to keep it from him, but Dmytro Mytsak knew what had happened before he took to the slopes.
SOCHI, Russia - IOC President Thomas Bach has expressed his condolences to victims of the violence in Ukraine and praised Ukraine's Olympic athletes for continuing to compete at the Sochi Games.
SOCHI, Russia - Want to see the glasses and goggles that aerials skier Lydia Lassila and snowboarder Lindsey Jacobellis wore at the Sochi Olympics? If you go to the website of the company that manufactures their eyewear, you might be in for a shock.
SOCHI, Russia - Women's hockey isn't in danger of being kicked out of the Winter Olympics because of a lack of competition, the head of the sport's international governing body said at the Sochi Games on Tuesday.
SOCHI, Russia - The International Olympic Committee on Tuesday defended the removal of an Italian gay rights activist from a Sochi arena, saying she was "escorted from there peacefully" and not detained.
SOCHI, Russia - Olympic skicross racer Maria Komissarova has been airlifted to Germany for further treatment after surgery on her fractured spine, the Russian freestyle ski federation said Sunday.
ROSA KHUTOR, Russia - India's flag has finally been hoisted at the Sochi Olympics, five days after the IOC lifted a 14-month ban and more than a week after the games began.
SOCHI, Russia - Russian president Vladimir Putin spent the moments before his country's highly anticipated hockey showdown with the United States in a relaxed seaside cafe, sipping coffee and chatting with Olympic executives.