- FIFA candidate Van Praag seeks support in South Korea Updated: May-06-15 9:23 pm
SEOUL, South Korea - FIFA presidential candidate Michael van Praag has visited South Korea's football leaders seeking support for his challenge to Sepp Blatter.
- FIFA hits back at German TV after arrests in Qatar Updated: May-06-15 2:38 pm
GENEVA - FIFA has heavily criticized its broadcasting partner in Germany for a documentary about World Cup hosts Russia and Qatar that was aired after a reporter revealed his filming crew had been arrested in Doha and had footage and personal data deleted.
- Pair of sheikhs are the big winners at Asian elections Updated: Apr-30-15 10:29 am
MANAMA, Bahrain - A pair of sheikhs were the big winners Thursday at a meeting of Asian soccer leaders.
- UEFA, FIFA warn Greece over government's planned new laws Updated: Apr-22-15 12:48 pm
NYON, Switzerland - UEFA and FIFA say they have sent a final warning to Greece that it faces suspension from international football for government interference.
- Sepp Blatter tells World Cup detractors to 'stay at home' Updated: Apr-20-15 11:24 am
- Indonesia suspends soccer association Updated: Apr-18-15 11:36 am
JAKARTA, Indonesia - The Indonesian government suspended the country's official football association Saturday in a lingering dispute over club ownership.
- Beckenbauer: Bayern 'far, far, far away' from Euro title Updated: Apr-17-15 3:04 pm
NEW YORK - Bayern Munich honorary president Franz Beckenbauer is sharply critical of the team's performance in this week's 3-1 Champions League loss to Porto.
- Gulati: FIFA could benefit from US World Cup in 2026 Updated: Apr-10-15 3:36 pm
LOS ANGELES - U.S. Soccer Federation President Sunil Gulati believes his sport could receive a big domestic boost from hosting the World Cup in 2026.
- Maradona says election chance to kick Blatter in 'rear end' Updated: Apr-10-15 12:36 pm
BOGOTA, Colombia - Diego Maradona believes the upcoming FIFA election offers a chance "to kick (Sepp) Blatter in the rear end."
- Belgium rises to No. 3 in FIFA rankings led by Germany Updated: Apr-09-15 5:41 am
ZURICH - Belgium rose to its highest-ever spot at No. 3 in the latest FIFA monthly rankings, which are still led by World Cup winner Germany.
- Russia trims World Cup budget by cutting hotels Updated: Apr-07-15 5:23 pm
MOSCOW - Russia's budget for the 2018 World Cup is being cut by 4 percent by scrapping luxury hotels that might otherwise lie empty after the tournament.