- FIFA switches late England-Italy WCup kickoff time Updated: Dec-07-13 11:42 pm
- FIFA switches start time for 7 World Cup games Updated: Dec-07-13 10:30 pm
- US to play Ghana, Portugal, Germany at World Cup Updated: Dec-06-13 9:48 pm
- Defending champion Spain gets repeat of 2010 final Updated: Dec-06-13 12:47 pm
- Blatter: Mid-April finish for damaged WCup stadium Updated: Dec-05-13 12:59 pm
- 32 teams, world of possibilities in World Cup draw Updated: Dec-05-13 12:12 pm
- Platini: WCup draw helping France was FIFA idea Updated: Dec-04-13 3:31 pm
- Brazil to keep World Cup protests at bay Updated: Dec-04-13 2:35 pm
- Attorney: No problems before Brazil collapse Updated: Dec-04-13 2:35 pm
- Brazil downplays missing FIFA's stadium deadline Updated: Dec-04-13 12:21 pm
- Column: World Cup draw a metaphor for extravagance Updated: Dec-04-13 11:45 am
- Brazil prepares for street protests at World Cup Updated: Dec-03-13 5:11 pm
- 3 stadiums to miss FIFA deadline for Brazil WCup Updated: Dec-03-13 2:22 pm
- Belounis to sue former Qatari clubs Updated: Dec-03-13 8:33 am
- Adidas looks to the World Cup stage Updated: Dec-02-13 7:59 pm
- Pele to appear at World Cup draw; role kept secret Updated: Dec-02-13 5:06 pm
- How Switzerland joined the World Cup seeded elite Updated: Dec-02-13 12:24 pm
- Workers back at World Cup stadium after accident Updated: Dec-02-13 8:54 am
- WCup stadiums: Sao Paulo only one of the problems Updated: Nov-30-13 12:21 pm
- Column: Because of Messi, Ronaldo for Golden Ball Updated: Nov-29-13 1:55 pm
- Column: Because of Messi, Ronaldo for Ballon d'Or Updated: Nov-29-13 1:09 pm
- Brazil risking reputation on World Cup, Olympics Updated: Nov-28-13 9:26 am
- FIFA board member Dodd joins CAS oversight panel Updated: Nov-25-13 8:13 am
- Blatter backs calls from EU on Qatar workers Updated: Nov-22-13 10:29 am
- EU criticizes conditions for World Cup workers Updated: Nov-21-13 2:37 pm
COSTA DO SAUIPE, Brazil - FIFA switched the scheduled kickoff times of seven World Cup matches on Saturday after meeting with broadcasters, having refused earlier requests made by the FIFPro union to protect players' health.
COSTA DO SAUIPE, Brazil - FIFA has switched the starting times of seven World Cup matches, including the U.S.-Portugal game on June 22 in the Amazonian jungle city of Manaus.
The U.S. drew a daunting task for next year's World Cup: difficult opponents, tropical venues and a wearying 9,000-mile zigzag journey across Brazil.
COSTA DO SAUIPE, Brazil - Defending champion Spain will play its opening World Cup game against the Netherlands, a repeat of the 2010 final, while host Brazil faces a relatively easy path to the knockout stage after Friday's draw.
COSTA DO SAUIPE, Brazil - The damaged stadium in Sao Paulo won't stage its first match until less than two months before the World Cup is scheduled to open there, FIFA said Thursday.
COSTA DO SAUIPE, Brazil - Thirty two teams and a world of possibilities.
COSTA DO SAUIPE, Brazil - Michel Platini has distanced himself from FIFA's choice of World Cup draw procedure, which appeared to give his native France a better chance in next year's tournament in Brazil.
COSTA DO SAUIPE, Brazil - Brazilian authorities say they've learned from demonstrations during the Confederations Cup not to let protesters get too close to stadiums at the upcoming World Cup.
RIO DE JANEIRO - The crane operator involved in last week's deadly accident at the Sao Paulo stadium that's hosting the opening match of the World Cup told police Wednesday that he'd noticed nothing out of the ordinary ahead of the incident, his attorney said.
COSTA DO SAUIPE, Brazil - The Brazilian government has brushed aside the importance of more delays in completing 2014 World Cup stadiums, saying that missing FIFA's deadline will not affect the country's ability to successfully host next year's tournament.
COSTA DO SAUIPE, Brazil - If they wanted to look wasteful, extravagant and divorced from the gritty reality of Brazil's millions of poor, World Cup organizers outdid themselves by choosing this remote, luxury beach resort as the venue for this week's draw.
RIO DE JANEIRO - Few things could damage the image of Brazil more than violent street protests during the World Cup.
COSTA DO SAUIPE, Brazil - At least three World Cup stadiums in Brazil will not be finished by the end of December as FIFA had requested.
PARIS - Zahir Belounis plans to sue his two former Qatari clubs for fraud, extortion of money and inhuman working conditions.
PORTLAND, Oregon - It's looking quite festive these days at Adidas' North American headquarters, and it has nothing to do with the holiday season.
COSTA DO SAUIPE, Brazil - Pele is to appear at Friday's draw for the 2014 World Cup, but his role is being kept secret.
GENEVA - There is one certainty among many possibilities offered by the World Cup draw Friday: Most teams want to be in Switzerland's group.
SAO PAULO - Construction workers returned Monday to the stadium that will host the opening match of the World Cup, five days after an accident killed two workers and renewed questions about Brazil's readiness to hold the soccer tournament.
SAO PAULO - From the moment a crane dramatically collapsed at the Sao Paulo stadium, it was clear World Cup organizers would have their hands full trying to deliver all 12 venues by FIFA's end-of-December deadline.
PARIS - What's not to like about Cristiano Ronaldo? Other than the fact that he's fabulously rich, a giant success in his chosen profession, has a cute-looking son and steps out with a fashion model.
PARIS - What's not to like about Cristiano Ronaldo? Other than the fact that he's fabulously rich, a giant success in his chosen profession, steps out with a fashion model, has a cute-looking son and is dreamy to many members of the opposite and indeed his own sex.
RIO DE JANEIRO - Preparing for the World Cup and Olympics is putting Brazil's reputation on the line, giving South America's biggest country a chance to boost its profile while also exposing it to mounting pressure and unrelenting scrutiny.
LAUSANNE, Switzerland - FIFA executive committee member Moya Dodd has replaced new IOC president Thomas Bach on the Court of Arbitration for Sport's oversight panel.
ROME - FIFA president Sepp Blatter backed calls from the European Union parliament urging Qatar to stop contractors from abusing migrant workers involved in building facilities for the 2022 World Cup.
BRUSSELS - The European Union parliament urged Qatar on Thursday to immediately stop any contractors from abusing the rights of migrant workers involved in building facilities for the 2022 World Cup.