- Serbia shocked by UEFA decision to accept Kosovo Updated: May-03-16 11:56 am
BELGRADE, Serbia - Serbia reacted with outrage against UEFA's decision to accept the former province of Kosovo as its 55th member, saying on Tuesday it will fight the decision by all legal means.
- Kosovo elected as UEFA member in 28-24 vote Updated: May-03-16 9:07 am
BUDAPEST, Hungary - Kosovo was given UEFA membership Tuesday, and could now be fast-tracked into FIFA and the 2018 World Cup qualifying program.
- Sports court orders FIFA to admit Gibraltar as member Updated: May-02-16 11:34 am
GENEVA - FIFA has been ordered by sport's highest court to accept Gibraltar as a member, opening the national team's path to play in the 2018 World Cup qualifying program.
- Platini to find out by May 9 if CAS appeal is successful Updated: Apr-29-16 11:27 am
LAUSANNE, Switzerland - Michel Platini will discover by May 9 if he has overturned a six-year ban from FIFA over a $2 million payment approved by Sepp Blatter.
- FIFA president says Leicester proves fairytales are possible Updated: Apr-28-16 9:30 am
BANGKOK - FIFA President Gianni Infantino visited the headquarters of Leicester's ownership company on Thursday and said the club's Premier League title run shows that fairytales are still possible.
- Platini's CAS appeal to take place in Blatter's presence Updated: Apr-26-16 12:21 pm
- Blatter claims role in trying to remove African president Updated: Apr-21-16 12:47 pm
ZURICH - Reveling in his international diplomacy role, former FIFA president Sepp Blatter has revealed he was asked by Switzerland's foreign ministry last year to help persuade an African president to leave office.
- New FIFA head tries out his Russian in meeting with Putin Updated: Apr-20-16 1:53 pm
MOSCOW - Russian President Vladimir Putin has met with new FIFA president Gianni Infantino, who tried out a few phrases he has learned to say in Russian during his visit to check on preparations for the 2018 World Cup.
- Blatter angered by claim he was silent about FIFA corruption Updated: Apr-15-16 5:43 pm
BASEL, Switzerland - Sepp Blatter says it was "not acceptable" to be accused at a public event Friday that he stayed silent while likely knowing that senior FIFA officials were corrupt.
- Greece to restart Cup, avoid FIFA ban Updated: Apr-13-16 11:58 am
ATHENS, Greece - Greece's government says it will lift a suspension of the country's cup competition, under the threat of an international ban by FIFA.
- FIFA: Gordon flunked integrity check for CONCACAF president Updated: Apr-12-16 8:15 pm
FIFA says Gordon Derrick, the general secretary of the Antigua and Barbuda Football Association, has failed an integrity check and won't be allowed to run for president of CONCACAF, the sport's regional governing body for North and Central America and the Caribbean.
- Embattled Brazilian football boss Del Nero takes job back Updated: Apr-12-16 4:29 pm
RIO DE JANEIRO - The head of Brazil's football confederation has returned to his job after a three-month leave, despite facing charges in the wide-ranging FIFA scandal.
- Nigeria faces suspension by FIFA over outside interference Updated: Apr-12-16 1:32 pm
ABUJA, Nigeria - Nigeria faces being suspended by FIFA for the third time since 2010 over a court ruling that ordered the removal of the head of the national soccer federation.
- Eq. Guinea women's soccer team thrown out of Olympics again Updated: Apr-11-16 1:11 pm
ZURICH - FIFA disqualified the Equatorial Guinea women's soccer team from the 2020 Olympics on Monday for fielding a player with "forged or falsified documents," the latest sanction for a country with a history of selecting ineligible players from other nations.
- English FA to ask FIFA to research dementia link to football Updated: Apr-09-16 6:07 pm
LONDON - The English Football Association will ask FIFA to investigate whether former players have dementia as a consequence of brain damage from playing the game.
- Argentina regains FIFA rankings lead from Belgium Updated: Apr-07-16 5:14 am
ZURICH - Argentina has regained the lead in FIFA's world rankings with South America's top teams surging after playing World Cup qualifying matches.
- FIFA ethics judge Damiani resigns while under suspicion Updated: Apr-06-16 3:11 pm
GENEVA - Under suspicion in the fallout from the global offshore accounts investigation, Uruguayan lawyer Juan Pedro Damiani resigned as a FIFA ethics judge on Wednesday.
- Swiss police raid UEFA over TV deal with indicted executives Updated: Apr-06-16 2:51 pm
GENEVA - UEFA was raided by Swiss police on Wednesday and handed over evidence of a Champions League television rights contract with an offshore marketing agency implicated in the FIFA bribery scandal.
- FIFA fines Kuwait for failure to play World Cup qualifiers Updated: Apr-06-16 12:40 pm
ZURICH - FIFA has fined the Kuwait soccer federation 30,000 Swiss francs ($31,500) for failing to play two World Cup qualifying matches last month.
- FIFA head Infantino defends reputation after media reports Updated: Apr-05-16 6:47 pm
GENEVA - FIFA President Gianni Infantino has defended his reputation after reports that he signed a Champions League broadcasting contract in 2006 with an offshore registered marketing agency implicated last year in the FIFA bribery scandal.
- Greece under renewed threat of soccer 'Grexit' Updated: Apr-05-16 9:43 am
ATHENS, Greece - FIFA says Greece is facing expulsion from international soccer over a government decision to suspend the country's cup competition because of fan violence.