- Top European clubs play down talk of Super League plans Updated: Feb-09-16 10:00 am
PARIS - Europe's top football clubs insist they have no plans to set up a breakaway Super League of elite teams to replace the Champions League.
- DFB takes legal action against Beckenbauer, FIFA, others Updated: Feb-05-16 5:31 pm
BERLIN - The German football federation opened legal proceedings against Franz Beckenbauer, former members, and FIFA in a bid to limit potential damages arising from the 2006 World Cup corruption affair.
- Brazil, Shakhtar player Fred's doping ban extended worldwide Updated: Feb-05-16 9:03 am
ZURICH - FIFA has extended Brazil midfielder Fred's doping ban worldwide, ruling him out of four months of matches for Shakhtar Donetsk.
- Ex-FIFA vice president released on bond in corruption case Updated: Feb-02-16 5:46 pm
NEW YORK - A former vice president for world soccer's governing body has been released from U.S. custody in New York and will be subject to house arrest as he awaits trial on bribery and other charges related to a sprawling corruption case.
- Interview: Infantino consults Platini during FIFA campaign Updated: Feb-01-16 6:58 pm
LONDON - Although banished from power in world football, Michel Platini remains a guiding voice for Gianni Infantino as the FIFA presidential campaign enters the final stretch.
- Sexwale to meet South African federation over FIFA campaign Updated: Feb-01-16 8:16 am
FIFA presidential candidate Tokyo Sexwale will meet with senior South African Football Association officials on Tuesday for an "update" amid reports that the millionaire businessman's home federation is frustrated over his lackluster campaign.
- FIFA to punish Papua New Guinea for Olympic playoff no-show Updated: Jan-25-16 5:53 pm
ZURICH - FIFA has opened a disciplinary case against the Papua New Guinea soccer federation whose women's team failed to travel to New Zealand for an Olympic qualifying playoff scheduled on Tuesday.
- Prince Ali confident he can win FIFA presidential election Updated: Jan-22-16 4:27 pm
WELLINGTON, New Zealand - Prince Ali of Jordan is confident he can win the FIFA presidential election and turn around what he says is a critical situation facing football's governing body.
- Hernandez, Lloyd earn CONCACAF Player of Year honors Updated: Jan-22-16 4:06 pm
CONCACAF has announced that Javier Hernandez and Carli Lloyd have been selected as the players of the year.
- FIFA seeks 2-year doping ban in 'mustache cream' case Updated: Jan-21-16 10:48 am
LAUSANNE, Switzerland - FIFA has asked sport's highest court to impose a two-year ban on a South Korean player who blamed his positive test for a steroid on a mustache-growing cream.
- Spanish league defends local clubs after FIFA bans Updated: Jan-15-16 8:38 am
MADRID - As Real Madrid and Atletico Madrid prepare to appeal their transfer bans imposed by FIFA, the Spanish league has come out defending the local clubs and their history of protecting the rights of underage players.
- A look at FIFA's transfer ban on Real Madrid and Atletico Updated: Jan-14-16 2:10 pm
- Jerome Valcke dismissed as FIFA secretary general Updated: Jan-13-16 3:40 pm
LONDON - FIFA has fired Jerome Valcke for the second time, cutting ties with the secretary general four months after he was suspended while under investigation for wrongdoing at the scandal-scarred governing body.
- Former head of Guatemala soccer arrested; faces extradition Updated: Jan-12-16 5:58 pm
GUATEMALA CITY - Brayan Jimenez, the former president of the Guatemalan Football Federation, has been arrested and faces extradition to the United States in connection with the FIFA corruption scandal.
- Carli Lloyd stands beside Lionel Messi as world's best Updated: Jan-12-16 11:05 am
ZURICH - Standing beside Lionel Messi on stage, Carli Lloyd found her place at the top of world soccer.
- US World Cup winner Carli Lloyd gets FIFA world player award Updated: Jan-11-16 4:57 pm
ZURICH - United States World Cup-winning captain Carli Lloyd has won the FIFA women's world player of the year award for 2015.
- Carli Lloyd honored as FIFA Women's World Player of the Year Updated: Jan-11-16 3:47 pm
A look at the top moments of 2015 for U.S. midfielder Carli Lloyd, honored as FIFA Women's World Player of the Year on Monday in Zurich:
- Lionel Messi wins FIFA world player award for 5th time Updated: Jan-11-16 3:40 pm
ZURICH - Now score it Lionel Messi 5, Cristiano Ronaldo 3.