- Iraq's PM replaces military commander over Green Zone breach Updated: May-05-16 5:24 am
BAGHDAD - A spokesman says the Iraqi government has replaced the commander of a military division tasked with protecting the heavily fortified Green Zone after hundreds of angry anti-government protesters broke into the parliament building.
- Iraq routed IS from Ramadi at a high cost: A city destroyed Updated: May-05-16 2:24 am
RAMADI, Iraq - This is what victory looks like in the Iraqi city of Ramadi: In the once thriving Haji Ziad Square, not a single structure still stands. Turning in every direction yields a picture of devastation.
- Navy SEAL killed in Iraq was part of rescue team Updated: May-04-16 2:16 pm
WASHINGTON - A Navy SEAL killed during a firefight in Iraq was part of a quick reaction force that moved in to rescue U.S. military advisers from an Islamic State attack, the Pentagon said Wednesday. The attack triggered a massive coalition air response that destroyed equipment, buildings and killed up to 60 militants.
- The Latest: Mom: Son killed in Iraq proud to be Navy SEAL Updated: May-04-16 1:36 pm
PHOENIX - The Latest on a U.S. Navy SEAL killed in a firefight in Iraq (all times local):
- US combat death in Iraq reflects intensifying war Updated: May-03-16 10:48 pm
STUTTGART, Germany - The combat death of a U.S. Navy SEAL who was advising Kurdish forces in Iraq coincides with a gradually deepening American role in fighting a resilient Islamic State, even as the Iraqis struggle to muster the military and political strength to defeat the militants.
- Q&A: When is a Boot on the Ground not a Boot on the Ground? Updated: May-03-16 6:45 am
WASHINGTON - No one disputes that U.S. military forces are fighting in combat in Iraq and Syria -- except maybe President Barack Obama and some members of his administration.
- Western Michigan highway named in honor of fallen soldier Updated: May-01-16 2:13 pm
WHITE CLOUD, Michigan - A stretch of highway in western Michigan has been named in honor of a soldier who was killed in Iraq in 2005.
- US to send 200 more troops, Apache helicopters to Iraq Updated: Apr-18-16 7:40 pm
BAGHDAD - The U.S. has agreed to deploy more than 200 additional troops to Iraq and to send eight Apache helicopters for the first time into the fight against the Islamic State group in Iraq, the first major increase in U.S. forces in nearly a year, U.S. defense officials said Monday.
- Iraqi forces face heavy resistance in IS-held town Updated: Apr-05-16 2:37 pm
HIT, Iraq - Heavy resistance has slowed Iraqi forces Tuesday as they pushed forward toward the center of a town held by Islamic State militants in western Anbar province, commanders at the scene said.