- Panthers indicate that Mitchell's career likely over Updated: Apr-26-16 2:41 pm
SUNRISE, Florida - Willie Mitchell hoisted the Stanley Cup twice, played parts of 15 NHL seasons, even found a way back on the ice after a knee injury kept him out for more than a year.
- Panthers came far in 2015-16, now eyeing the future Updated: Apr-25-16 3:42 pm
SUNRISE, Florida - There was a stretch in the regular season where the Florida Panthers seemed like they were getting every break, helping them put together what became a franchise-record 12-game winning streak.
- Islanders beat Panthers 2-1 in 2OTs to end playoff drought Updated: Apr-25-16 2:08 am
NEW YORK - The New York Islanders' long playoff drought is over.
- Panthers C Nick Bjugstad out for Game 5 against Islanders Updated: Apr-24-16 6:26 pm
NEW YORK - Florida center Nick Bjugstad is out for Game 6 of the Panthers' first-round series against the New York Islanders on Sunday night after sustaining a head injury in the last game.
- Surprise goaltenders make big impacts on playoffs' 1st round Updated: Apr-23-16 7:57 pm
WASHINGTON - Michal Neuvirth, Thomas Greiss and Martin Jones were sitting on the bench as playoff backups a year ago. Jeff Zatkoff and Matt Murray were in the minors.
- Quine wins it in 2nd OT, Islanders top Panthers 2-1 Updated: Apr-23-16 1:43 am
SUNRISE, Florida - Alan Quine was a newborn when the New York Islanders last won a playoff series. He spent most of this season in the minors. His NHL debut was a mere two weeks ago, the team adding him to the roster as an emergency callup.
- Hats over rats: NHL commish on what fans can throw on ice Updated: Apr-22-16 5:19 pm
NEW YORK - Attention, Florida Panthers fans: Throwing those toy rats on the ice during a game means drawing the ire of NHL Commissioner Gary Bettman.
- Bishop shines, Lightning eliminate Red Wings in 5 games Updated: Apr-22-16 3:41 am
TAMPA, Florida - The Tampa Bay Lightning can use a break - and they've earned it.
- Rats, Octopi and sharks! NHL needs pest control for playoffs Updated: Apr-20-16 4:47 pm
PHILADELPHIA - Rats! And Octopi. Even a lifeless shark.
- Challenge system takes center stage in NHL playoffs Updated: Apr-18-16 7:31 pm
- Jagr set to head to postseason for the 18th time Updated: Apr-12-16 5:13 pm
CORAL SPRINGS, Florida - Jaromir Jagr sat at his locker at the Florida Panthers training facility for a few seconds in silence, processing his answer. The question was about how often does he think about the Stanley Cup when he's putting himself through his workout regimen, if hockey's biggest prize is always in mind.
- Here's the 1st playoff challenge for the Panthers: beards Updated: Apr-11-16 6:19 pm
CORAL SPRINGS, Florida - Plenty of young players in the Florida Panthers' locker room are getting exposed to the Stanley Cup playoffs for the first time, and some are already struggling.
- Islanders lose 5-2 to flyers, get Panthers in 1st round Updated: Apr-10-16 11:05 pm
- Rangers open playoffs at Pens; Ducks vault Kings in Pacific Updated: Apr-10-16 11:04 pm
- Gionta scores twice to lead Sabres over Islanders in OT Updated: Apr-09-16 11:29 pm
NEW YORK - For the Buffalo Sabres, the 2015-16 season was about laying the foundation for the future.
- Panthers score 3 early goals, beat Hurricanes 5-2 Updated: Apr-09-16 11:04 pm
SUNRISE, Florida - The Florida Panthers wasted little time in adding to the best season in franchise history.
- Robinson's 1st NHL goal helps Senators top Panthers 3-1 Updated: Apr-08-16 12:10 am
OTTAWA, Ontario - In a disappointing season, the Ottawa Senators finished up their home schedule by giving their fans something to cheer about.
- Luongo, Panthers beat Canadiens 4-1 for fourth straight win Updated: Apr-05-16 11:40 pm
MONTREAL - Aleksander Barkov starting things early, and by night's end, the Florida Panthers were Atlantic Division champs.
- Panthers beat Leafs for franchise's best record Updated: Apr-05-16 12:18 am
TORONTO - There's no more startling anyone for these Florida Panthers.
- Florida headed to Stanley Cup playoffs, 2nd time since 2000 Updated: Apr-03-16 5:33 pm
SUNRISE, Florida - Jaromir Jagr hasn't been clean-shaven in a while. It's likely no coincidence that the same can be said about Jonathan Huberdeau, his Florida Panthers' linemate.