- EU, German heads at funeral of former Polish FM Bartoszewski Updated: May-04-15 11:37 am
WARSAW, Poland - Wladyslaw Bartoszewski, the former Auschwitz prisoner who helped save Jews from the Holocaust and later became Poland's foreign minister, was a joyful person who inspired deep respect, top European officials said in eulogies Monday at his state funeral in Warsaw.
- Polish border guards refuse entry for 10 Russian bikers Updated: Apr-27-15 2:44 pm
TERESPOL, Poland - Polish border guards on Monday blocked 10 nationalistic Russian bikers loyal to President Vladimir Putin from entering Poland as part of a ride to commemorate the Red Army's victory over Nazi Germany 70 years ago.
- Former Polish foreign minister Bartoszewski dies at 93 Updated: Apr-24-15 7:13 pm
WARSAW, Poland - Wladyslaw Bartoszewski, a former Auschwitz prisoner and member of Poland's underground World War II resistance who helped save Jews and later served twice as the country's foreign minister, died Friday in Warsaw. He was 93.
- Poland bans 'provocative' Russian bikers loyal to Putin Updated: Apr-24-15 1:58 pm
WARSAW, Poland - Polish authorities said Friday they will not allow a nationalistic Russian motorcycle group loyal to President Vladimir Putin to enter Poland, but insisted the move is not political and was made in part because Polish authorities would not be able to guarantee their security.
- Hungary says FBI chief insensitive, superficial on Holocaust Updated: Apr-21-15 7:55 pm
BUDAPEST, Hungary - Hungary has joined Poland in denouncing remarks by FBI director James Comey which seemed to equate Poland's and Hungary's roles in the Holocaust with that of Germany.
- Poles wait for FBI chief to apologize over Holocaust remarks Updated: Apr-20-15 8:56 pm
WARSAW, Poland - Obama did it, now the FBI director has done it, and each time it has caused huge offense to a U.S. ally: using language to suggest that Poles were accomplices in the Holocaust.
- The Latest: UN rights chief wants new EU line on migration Updated: Apr-20-15 11:14 am
5:10 p.m. (1510 GMT; 11:10 a.m. EDT)