- Poland to service Bulgaria's Soviet-era MiG-29 fighter jets Updated: Aug-28-15 10:46 am
WARSAW, Poland - Poland's defense ministry says the country has reached a preliminary agreement with Bulgaria to modernize the Balkan country's Soviet-era fleet of MiG-29 fighter jets.
- Polish president makes 1st trip abroad to Estonia Updated: Aug-23-15 1:22 pm
WARSAW, Poland - Poland's new president has called for NATO to move troops to its eastern flank during his first trip abroad, to Estonia, bringing a message of solidarity to a region nervous about Russian ambitions.
- Poland's new leader seeks greater regional unity, NATO bases Updated: Aug-21-15 4:40 am
WARSAW, Poland - It's been a dream of some Polish leaders for nearly a century: an alliance of Eastern European countries running from the Baltic Sea down to the Black Sea that would keep Russia at bay.
- Poland's new president to visit Estonia in 1st foreign trip Updated: Aug-17-15 10:28 am
WARSAW, Poland - Poland's new conservative president will make his first foreign trip to Estonia, followed by visits to Berlin, London and New York, where he will meet with President Barack Obama, a top official said Monday.
- Hundreds of troops, tanks, aircraft in Polish army parade Updated: Aug-15-15 12:22 pm
WARSAW, Poland - Dozens of fighter jets soared, tanks rumbled and hundreds of troops marched in a Polish military parade Saturday, a show of force on the national armed forces' holiday.
- Poland's new president meets with NATO corps Updated: Aug-13-15 8:07 am
WARSAW, Poland - Poland's new President Andrzej Duda is attending a ceremony of the change of commander of the upgraded NATO corps in the northeast of the country.
- Polish plan to honor Portuguese-run supermarket sparks anger Updated: Jul-31-15 9:46 am
WARSAW, Poland - Poland's government has postponed plans to bestow a top honor on the Portuguese businessman who runs popular discount supermarket chain Biedronka after a public outcry over the company's alleged exploitation of workers.
- Poland's future president wants more NATO presence Updated: Jul-30-15 11:12 am
WARSAW, Poland - Polish President-elect Andrzej Duda, who takes office next week, says his priority is to have NATO troops and armaments permanently placed in Poland as a safety guarantee.
- Anger grows over two-speed Poland, fueling political shift Updated: Jul-29-15 10:32 am
PIONKI, Poland - Everybody in Poland seems to be against them now: temporary contracts that offer few benefits to their workers, popularly known as "junk contracts."