- Poland marks 70th anniversary of end of WWII Updated: May-07-15 7:23 pm
WARSAW, Poland - Poland's president led international commemorations late Thursday and into Friday marking the 70th anniversary of the end of World War II, a gathering meant as an alternative celebration to Moscow's Red Square parade this weekend.
- EU, German heads at funeral of former Polish FM Bartoszewski Updated: May-04-15 11:37 am
WARSAW, Poland - Wladyslaw Bartoszewski, the former Auschwitz prisoner who helped save Jews from the Holocaust and later became Poland's foreign minister, was a joyful person who inspired deep respect, top European officials said in eulogies Monday at his state funeral in Warsaw.
- Polish border guards refuse entry for 10 Russian bikers Updated: Apr-27-15 2:44 pm
TERESPOL, Poland - Polish border guards on Monday blocked 10 nationalistic Russian bikers loyal to President Vladimir Putin from entering Poland as part of a ride to commemorate the Red Army's victory over Nazi Germany 70 years ago.
- Former Polish foreign minister Bartoszewski dies at 93 Updated: Apr-24-15 7:13 pm
WARSAW, Poland - Wladyslaw Bartoszewski, a former Auschwitz prisoner and member of Poland's underground World War II resistance who helped save Jews and later served twice as the country's foreign minister, died Friday in Warsaw. He was 93.
- Poland bans 'provocative' Russian bikers loyal to Putin Updated: Apr-24-15 1:58 pm
WARSAW, Poland - Polish authorities said Friday they will not allow a nationalistic Russian motorcycle group loyal to President Vladimir Putin to enter Poland, but insisted the move is not political and was made in part because Polish authorities would not be able to guarantee their security.