- Steady growth could increase Fla. budget surplus Updated: Mar-12-14 1:46 pm
- Fla. House race could be warning for Democrats Updated: Mar-12-14 4:35 am
- Eisnaugle wins GOP primary for Florida House seat Updated: Mar-11-14 8:26 pm
- Fla. Legislature poised to fix sex predator laws Updated: Mar-11-14 4:34 pm
- Obama returns to White House after Fla. vacation Updated: Mar-09-14 5:07 pm
- Bill would give nurse practitioners more authority Updated: Mar-06-14 8:50 pm
- Fla. could increase private school vouchers Updated: Mar-06-14 8:04 pm
- Fla. GOP senator pushes for Medicaid expansion Updated: Mar-05-14 6:29 pm
- Bill to extend carry and conceal privileges moves Updated: Mar-05-14 5:29 pm
- Fla. Senate panel OKs juvenile sentencing bill Updated: Mar-05-14 4:19 pm
- Bill to OK medical use of low-THC pot wins support Updated: Mar-05-14 4:02 pm
- Fla. bill addresses low nursing school test scores Updated: Mar-05-14 11:14 am
- Fla. House passes tuition break for veterans Updated: Mar-04-14 7:17 pm
- Amid protests, Florida legislators start session Updated: Mar-04-14 6:25 pm
- Fla. Gov. Scott to give State of the State speech Updated: Mar-04-14 3:08 am
- Fla. House gambling bill would not allow casinos Updated: Mar-03-14 10:16 pm
- Fla. lawmakers to kick off session Updated: Mar-03-14 7:19 pm
- Gun legislation back in the forefront for session Updated: Mar-02-14 11:25 am
- Fla. considers best way to implement ed reforms Updated: Mar-01-14 11:56 am
- Civic groups, educators push for in-state tuition Updated: Mar-01-14 3:05 am
- Lawmakers give tiny city more time to fix problems Updated: Feb-28-14 10:25 am
- Medicaid expansion support waning in Fla. Senate Updated: Feb-28-14 5:43 am
- Fla. lawmakers to talk water funding, not policy Updated: Feb-25-14 4:01 pm
- Fla. Senate proposes new casinos, slot machines Updated: Feb-24-14 8:21 pm
- Fla. considers in-state tuition for Dreamers Updated: Feb-24-14 2:35 pm
TALLAHASSEE, Florida - Florida legislators, already set to cut as much as $500 million from existing taxes and fees, could get a bit more good news on Wednesday.
CLEARWATER BEACH, Florida - After months of railing against President Barack Obama's health care overhaul, Republicans scored a key victory in a hard-fought congressional race that had been closely watched as a bellwether of midterm elections in November.
ORLANDO, Florida - Eric Eisnaugle has won the Republican special primary to replace a Florida House Republican who left office to lead an expressway authority.
TALLAHASSEE, Florida - The Florida Legislature is poised to pass a package of bills that will lock up child rapists longer and close loopholes that allow the most dangerous sexual predators to avoid civil commitment after they're punished for their crimes.
WASHINGTON - President Barack Obama has returned to Washington after a family vacation in southern Florida.
MIAMI - With a massive shortage of primary care physicians across Florida, state lawmakers are pushing a bill to expand the powers of nurse practitioners, allowing them to prescribe controlled substances like painkillers and work without supervision from a doctor.
TALLAHASSEE, Florida - A Florida program that helps low-income children attend private schools, many of them religious, could undergo a substantial expansion under a bill that moved ahead Thursday in the state Legislature.
TALLAHASSEE, Florida - Medicaid expansion seems like a dead issue this Legislative session in Florida, but many lawmakers aren't giving up.
TALLAHASSEE, Florida - A Florida House committee has approved a bill that would extend carry-and-conceal privileges to all Florida gun owners when a state of emergency is declared, regardless of whether or not they have been issued a permit.
TALLAHASSEE, Florida - Florida would establish new sentencing guidelines for juveniles who are tried as adults and convicted of serious felonies, under legislation approved Wednesday by a state Senate committee.
TALLAHASSEE, Florida - Peyton and Holley Moseley are torn between desperately wanting to help control their adopted daughter RayAnn's seizures and risking losing her if they do.
TALLAHASSEE, Florida - Plummeting test scores among Florida nursing school graduates has prompted some legislators to propose a bill that would tighten the qualifications for nursing programs.
TALLAHASSEE, Florida - Saying it could help the state's economy in the long run, the Florida House on Monday unanimously passed a "Florida GI" bill aimed at helping veterans living in the state.
TALLAHASSEE, Florida - Florida legislators opened their annual 60-day session on Tuesday with legislative leaders vowing to cut taxes, expand the use of private school vouchers and make changes to the state's pension system.
TALLAHASSEE, Florida - Gov. Rick Scott will give his last State of the State speech before asking voters to give him a second term in November.
TALLAHASSEE, Florida - A bid to bring major casinos to South Florida was dealt a significant setback under a sweeping gambling proposal rolled out late Monday by the Republican-controlled Florida House.
TALLAHASSEE, Florida - Florida legislators return to the state Capitol on Tuesday for a 60-day session that will likely focus on tax cuts, spending and school vouchers, but avoid many of the contentious issues that sparked partisan rancor and fierce debate in the last few years.
TALLAHASSEE, Florida - Florida's gun-friendly nature will be scrutinized during the 2014 legislative session as bills that would modify the state's "stand your ground" law and another allowing warning shots will be considered, a marked contrast from the 2013 session in which no major gun legislation was passed.
MIAMI - Sweeping changes the Florida Legislature has made to education in recent years are likely to come to the forefront again during the upcoming session as lawmakers grapple with their implementation.
MIAMI - Several Florida nonprofits are joining educators to pressure Tallahassee lawmakers to support bills that would allow in-state tuition for all qualified Florida students, even those in the country illegally.
STARKE, Florida - Florida lawmakers have given a one-square-mile city a month to prove it is righting itself after a state audit found widespread violations of city, state and federal laws.
MIAMI - One of Medicaid expansion's biggest allies in the Florida Legislature is growing cold on the idea, which leaves the possibility of extending insurance to more than 1 million of the state's most vulnerable nearly dead in the water before the session begins.
LAKE OKEECHOBEE, Florida - In the marshes along the western edge of Florida's largest freshwater lake, the water is clear, wading birds burst into the sky ahead of an approaching airboat, and there's no sign of the turmoil that elevated water levels caused last summer.
TALLAHASSEE, Florida - The Republican-controlled Florida Senate on Monday rolled out a sweeping gambling proposal that would bring casinos to South Florida as well as expand the use of slot machines across the state.
MIAMI - State lawmakers could approve a bill this session allowing qualified Florida students to pay in-state college tuition even if they are in the country illegally.