- Florida may expand help for intellectually disabled children Updated: Nov-18-15 4:57 pm
TALLAHASSEE, Florida - The Florida Legislature is moving ahead with a measure that will increase the number of children eligible for vouchers that pay for special education programs.
- Senate advancing bill to change 'stand your ground' law Updated: Nov-18-15 3:32 pm
TALLAHASSEE, Florida - A bill that would force prosecutors to prove self-defense wasn't a factor before bringing someone using a "stand your ground" defense to trial advanced in the Senate on Wednesday despite a similar House bill being killed the day before.
- Legislators may let terminally ill patients use marijuana Updated: Nov-17-15 5:53 pm
TALLAHASSEE, Florida - Florida legislators may change the law to allow terminally ill patients to use marijuana.
- Florida legislators want to regulate, not ban fantasy sports Updated: Nov-10-15 2:22 pm
TALLAHASSEE, Florida - Florida may try to regulate the growing fantasy sports industry.
- House, Senate can't resolve differences on Senate districts Updated: Nov-05-15 7:47 pm
TALLAHASSEE, Florida - The Florida Senate rejected a map to create new districts for itself and adjourned Thursday, leaving the Legislature with its second failed special session this year.
- House, Senate can't resolve differences on Senate districts Updated: Nov-05-15 5:56 pm
TALLAHASSEE, Florida - The Florida Senate is rejecting a new map that reconfigures its 40 districts and ending a special session without an agreement.
- House, Senate seek to bridge differences on Senate districts Updated: Nov-04-15 8:25 pm
TALLAHASSEE, Florida - The Florida House and Senate are trying to work out their differences on political boundaries for state Senate districts.
- Florida House panel oks bill to remove Confederate statue Updated: Nov-04-15 11:13 am
TALLAHASSEE, Florida - Florida may replace the statue of a Confederate general now housed in Washington D.C.