- Not much offense for Astros in 4-1 loss to A's Updated: Apr-20-14 8:50 pm
- Chavez gets 1st win, A's complete sweep of Astros Updated: Apr-20-14 8:39 pm
- Twins claim Fuld, designate Mastroianni Updated: Apr-20-14 2:17 pm
- A's lefty reliever Doolittle gets 5-year deal Updated: Apr-18-14 8:47 pm
- Angels beat A's 5-4 on Iannetta's HR in 12th Updated: Apr-17-14 3:57 am
- Angels beat A's 5-4 on Iannetta's HR in 12th Updated: Apr-17-14 3:27 am
- Cespedes' late HR lifts Athletics over Mariners Updated: Apr-13-14 8:47 pm
- A's activate Gentry from DL, designate Fuld Updated: Apr-12-14 6:15 pm
- Straily, Fuld lead Athletics over Twins 6-1 Updated: Apr-10-14 5:18 pm
- A's take struggling Jim Johnson out of closer role Updated: Apr-10-14 2:38 pm
- Indians, Padres postponed by rain Updated: Apr-07-14 6:42 pm
- A's win series with Seattle to close homestand Updated: Apr-06-14 8:14 pm
- Twins eager to return home, open against Athletics Updated: Apr-06-14 2:47 pm
- Mariners-A's postponed because of soggy field Updated: Apr-05-14 12:06 am
- Indians rally to split doubleheader with A's Updated: Apr-03-14 1:41 am
- Indians, A's game postponed due to rain Updated: Apr-01-14 10:09 pm
- Results of replay rulings around the major leagues Updated: Apr-01-14 3:00 am
- MLB back with replays, metal detectors, comebacks Updated: Apr-01-14 2:43 am
- Crew chief Winters initiates replay Updated: Apr-01-14 12:17 am
- A's bring back Blanton on minor league deal Updated: Mar-31-14 3:54 pm
- Sonny Gray starts Oakland opener against Indians Updated: Mar-30-14 4:18 pm
- Giants, A's rained out in exhibition finale Updated: Mar-29-14 8:50 pm
- More plumbing problems in Oakland A's clubhouse Updated: Mar-29-14 5:06 pm
- Giants' Lincecum escapes major injury on grounder Updated: Mar-29-14 1:33 am
- Wilson, Gray wrap up their last spring starts Updated: Mar-26-14 6:59 pm
OAKLAND, California - Making his first start of the season while working on three days of rest, Houston pitcher Brad Peacock knew he was on a short leash.
OAKLAND, California - On a day when his fastball didn't have much bite and his breaking pitches were flat, Jesse Chavez finally got the victory that had eluded him through the first two weeks of the season.
OAKLAND, California - In three short years, Sean Doolittle transformed himself from a top first base prospect into a shut-down reliever.
ANAHEIM, California - Chris Iannetta swung the bat like a guy who definitely didn't want to catch one more inning.
SEATTLE - Another well-pitched game for the Oakland Athletics came with a price.
MINNEAPOLIS - By the time Dan Straily took the mound for the second inning, he knew he just didn't have it.
MINNEAPOLIS - The Oakland Athletics brought Jim Johnson into their bullpen when they lost All-Star closer Grant Balfour in free agency.
CLEVELAND - Corey Kluber's got a cloud hanging over him so far this season.
OAKLAND, California - Jim Johnson spent the first week of the season making adjustments after a pair of surprising results in his new uniform.
MINNEAPOLIS - Games have already been played for a week all across the majors.
OAKLAND, California - Mariners manager Lloyd McClendon walked toward shortstop and his right foot sunk some two inches, causing him to turn his right ankle. That was minor, yet everybody involved in the postponed game between the Seattle Mariners and Oakland Athletics on Friday night feared the worst if they had tried to play on a rain-soaked field.
OAKLAND, California - Michael Brantley gets to head home celebrating a game-winning hit instead of dwelling on a rare error.
The results of the five reviews Monday under Major League Baseball's expanded replay system:
Jimmy Rollins began the season with a slam, Neil Walker with a walkoff homer and the Washington Nationals with a thrilling ninth-inning comeback.
OAKLAND, California - Crew chief Mike Winters became the first umpire to initiate a review under the expanded replay system, making the call after a collision at home plate during the game between the Indians and Athletics.
OAKLAND, California - Right-hander Joe Blanton has rejoined the Oakland Athletics on a minor league contract, and will begin the season in the rotation of the Triple-A Sacramento River Cats.
OAKLAND, California - Sure, Sonny Gray gained some nice momentum from that impressive pitcher's duel with Detroit ace Justin Verlander last October.
OAKLAND, California - Coaches from the Oakland Athletics were sent scrambling after toilets in the home clubhouse backed up and overflowed before Saturday's exhibition game against the San Francisco Giants.
SAN FRANCISCO - Giants pitcher Tim Lincecum escaped what appeared to be a serious injury with only a bruised left knee in his final spring start.
PHOENIX - C.J. Wilson and Sonny Gray allowed a run each in their final spring training starts in the Los Angeles Angels' 6-2 win over the Oakland Athletics on Wednesday.