- Gutierrez has only hits for Mariners in 4-0 loss to A's Updated: Jul-03-15 1:50 am
OAKLAND, California - Franklin Gutierrez has had some success against Scott Kazmir. The rest of the Seattle Mariners need to study how Gutierrez handles the left-hander.
- Kazmir helps A's blank Mariners 4-0 Updated: Jul-03-15 1:41 am
OAKLAND, California - Scott Kazmir wanted to establish control of the inner half of the plate early on. From there, it was just a matter of commanding his pitches, expanding the zone and keeping the hitters off balance.
- Rockies offense shut down again in 4-1 loss to A's Updated: Jul-01-15 8:15 pm
OAKLAND, California - For only the third time this season, the Rockies failed to win a game that Chad Bettis started.
- Butler leads Hahn, Athletics past Rockies 4-1 Updated: Jul-01-15 7:27 pm
- A's pitcher Gray stays in hospital with stomach ailment Updated: Jul-01-15 4:38 pm
OAKLAND, California - Athletics pitcher Sonny Gray has been diagnosed with a stomach ailment that sent him to a hospital.
- Umpire Hallion hit in mask by foul, leaves Rockies-A's game Updated: Jul-01-15 4:30 pm
OAKLAND, California - Home plate umpire Tom Hallion has left the game between Colorado and Oakland in the top of the first inning after getting hit squarely in the mask by a foul tip.
- Bassitt makes emergency start for A's in 2-1 loss to Rockies Updated: Jul-01-15 3:33 am
OAKLAND, California - Chris Bassitt was in Nashville early Tuesday morning when he learned he was going to pitch on short rest in Oakland that night. Hours later, he was on his way up from the minors.
- Athletics lose 5-3 to Royals to cap series sweep Updated: Jun-28-15 8:29 pm
OAKLAND, California - Even though Max Muncy hasn't gotten a lot of opportunities at third base, he knows he should have been better when given the chance.
- Guthrie gets 1,000th strikeout in Royals' 5-3 win over A's Updated: Jun-28-15 8:18 pm
OAKLAND, California - Jeremy Guthrie and Salvador Perez delivered a milestone win for the Kansas City Royals.
- MLB plans to open 2nd replay center in San Francisco Updated: Jun-26-15 11:24 am
SAN FRANCISCO - Major League Baseball plans to open a second replay center in San Francisco.
- Athletics finish off 3-game sweep of Rangers with 6-3 win Updated: Jun-25-15 7:18 pm
ARLINGTON, Texas - Oakland right-hander Sonny Gray wins at Texas even when he's not at his best.
- Washington regrets having to walk away from Rangers job Updated: Jun-23-15 8:29 pm
- Kazmir pitches into 8th, A's hold off Pujols, Angels 3-2 Updated: Jun-21-15 9:00 pm
OAKLAND, California - Athletics closer Tyler Clippard nearly paid a hefty price after lobbying manager Bob Melvin to work the ninth inning for a second straight day.
- Commissioner says baseball monitors IT systems Updated: Jun-19-15 10:39 pm
OAKLAND, California - Commissioner Rob Manfred said Friday that Major League Baseball has a system in place for monitoring attacks on computer systems used by teams and the league's office.
- Murphy gets 1st win as San Diego manager, 3-1 over Athletics Updated: Jun-18-15 7:56 pm
OAKLAND, California - Pat Murphy didn't have much time to ponder his first win as the San Diego Padres manager before he was grabbed by players, carried into the shower and doused with a combination of beer, champagne and baby powder.
- Glenn Burke's family at game as A's honor him on Pride Night Updated: Jun-17-15 11:54 pm
OAKLAND, California - Glenn Burke's sister had a tough time even coming to the Oakland Coliseum for Athletics Pride Night. Her brother's death remains painful 20 years later, though Carol Williams knows how much it would have meant to Burke to be honored in his former ballpark as baseball's first openly gay player.
- Sogard's RBI single in 9th lifts A's to 6-5 win over Padres Updated: Jun-16-15 8:10 pm
SAN DIEGO - Oakland's Eric Sogard took pleasure in helping ruin a big day for his former college coach, Padres interim manager Pat Murphy.
- Hahn shuts down Padres, Vogt hits grand slam in A's 9-1 win Updated: Jun-16-15 4:15 am
SAN DIEGO - Jesse Hahn made his former team pay for trading him.
- Gray lowers ERA to best in majors, pitches A's past Angels Updated: Jun-14-15 8:23 pm
- Switch-pitcher Pat Venditte goes on DL with shoulder injury Updated: Jun-12-15 8:35 pm
OAKLAND, California - Switch-pitcher Pat Venditte has been placed on the 15-day disabled list with a strained right shoulder.
- Kazmir ends 9-start winless streak as A's beat Rangers 7-0 Updated: Jun-11-15 7:41 pm
OAKLAND, California - Scott Kazmir was pleased with his first win in nearly two months - and with fastball.
- A's RHP Jarrod Parker moves ahead from latest elbow surgery Updated: Jun-10-15 10:52 pm
OAKLAND, California - Jarrod Parker is uncertain about the protocol for his recovery from a fractured elbow following two Tommy John surgeries, and that's probably because he might just be the new case study for a pitcher who has undergone all of those operations.
- Oakland A's 3B Brett Lawrie sends flowers to injured fan Updated: Jun-10-15 2:56 am
OAKLAND, California - Athletics third baseman Brett Lawrie has sent flowers to the woman who was seriously injured when she was hit in the head by Lawrie's broken bat at Fenway Park last week.
- Injury to Fenway fan has some thinking about safety Updated: Jun-08-15 11:08 pm
BOSTON - Erik Barnard sat with his 3-year-old son along Fenway Park's third-base line, a few sections from where a woman was seriously injured when a broken bat flew into the stands two days earlier.
- Red Sox rally for 7 runs in 8th, sweep Athletics 7-4 Updated: Jun-07-15 6:17 pm
BOSTON - The Boston Red Sox are hoping an improbable comeback can jump-start their rough start this season.