- Indians unable to hit Vargas, fall 5-3 to Royals Updated: May-05-15 11:56 pm
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - Every time someone from the Indians belted a ball into the outfield, there was someone wearing white with "Royals" across their jersey there to catch it.
- Hosmer homer, Vargas pitching sends Royals past Indians, 5-3 Updated: May-05-15 11:52 pm
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - Jason Vargas never let Michael Brantley's two-run homer in the first inning get to him.
- Tigers, Royals resume respectful rivalry with split Updated: May-04-15 3:05 am
- Cabrera, Sanchez carry Tigers to 6-4 victory over Royals Updated: May-03-15 6:06 pm
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - Anibal Sanchez could have thrown his fastball into a knothole on Sunday.
- Royals fall to Tigers 6-4, squandering chance to take series Updated: May-03-15 6:06 pm
- Royals' Lorenzo Cain drops appeal, begins serving suspension Updated: May-03-15 12:41 pm
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - Lorenzo Cain was hoping that nobody saw him throw the punch.
- Castellanos get 1st hit for Tigers in 8th against Royals Updated: May-01-15 10:32 pm
- Royals shortstop Escobar placed on 7-day concussion list Updated: May-01-15 6:14 pm
- Yordano Ventura drops appeal of suspension Updated: Apr-30-15 7:56 pm
- Kipnis, Salazar help Indians break losing streak Updated: Apr-29-15 10:53 pm
CLEVELAND - Danny Salazar overcame a scary moment and a hot ballclub to remain unbeaten and help the Cleveland Indians snap a four-game losing streak.
- Royals' Edinson Volquez drops appeal, starts 5-game ban Updated: Apr-27-15 5:26 pm
CLEVELAND - Kansas City Royals pitcher Edinson Volquez has dropped his appeal of a five-game suspension for his involvement in a brawl with the Chicago White Sox last week.
- No perfect bullpen strategy, but depth, flexibility help Updated: Apr-27-15 3:10 am
DETROIT - When the Detroit Tigers signed Joe Nathan before the 2014 season, they expected baseball's active saves leader to simply keep rolling. After a few too many bad outings, they traded for a backup plan in Joakim Soria, widely considered the top reliever on the market.
- White Sox rally for 2nd Sunday win against Royals Updated: Apr-26-15 7:26 pm
CHICAGO - David Robertson threw the first pitch of the afternoon and the last one. And the Chicago White Sox hoped it would go that way on one strange Sunday.
- Royals LF Gordon leaps into stands for great catch Updated: Apr-26-15 4:57 pm
CHICAGO - Kansas City left fielder Alex Gordon has made a terrific leaping catch against the Chicago White Sox.
- 7 players from Royals, White Sox punished by MLB for brawl Updated: Apr-25-15 8:03 pm
- Rain postpones Royals-White Sox games to Sunday Updated: Apr-25-15 1:50 pm
- Yost insists Royals not to blame for string of fights Updated: Apr-24-15 9:05 pm
CHICAGO - Manager Ned Yost insists his Kansas City Royals are not at fault for a string of fights. He blames the other teams.
- Royals promote Finnegan from minors Updated: Apr-24-15 7:41 pm
- Royals sending a fighting message early in season Updated: Apr-23-15 11:08 pm
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - The Kansas City Royals earned a reputation for being a scrappy bunch last year, when they stole bases and dazzled on defense and used old-school small ball to reach Game 7 of the World Series.
- Pelfrey gets 1st win since 2013 as Twins beat Royals 3-0 Updated: Apr-23-15 12:35 am
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - It had been a while since Mike Pelfrey saw a 'W' next to his game in the box score.
- Royals' Herrera, Ventura punished for incidents vs A's Updated: Apr-21-15 6:18 pm
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - Major League Baseball suspended Kansas City Royals reliever Kelvin Herrera five games and fined him and pitcher Yordano Ventura on Tuesday after both targeted Oakland third baseman Brett Lawrie during a testy series over the weekend.
- Royals overcome 5 ejections to beat Athletics 4-2 Updated: Apr-19-15 7:33 pm
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - After Oakland and Kansas City cleared the benches for the third straight game and five more Royals got ejected, Lorenzo Cain tried to put a positive spin on the day.
- 4 Royals ejected in latest Oakland-Kansas City scrape Updated: Apr-19-15 5:06 pm
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - Tempers flared again Sunday in the Oakland-Kansas City series, with four more Royals getting ejected.
- Royals' Ventura ejected after hitting Lawrie with pitch Updated: Apr-18-15 8:40 pm
- Royals put closer Holland on 15-day DL with pectoral strain Updated: Apr-18-15 5:36 pm
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - The Kansas City Royals put All-Star closer Greg Holland on the 15-day disabled list Saturday because of a strained right pectoral muscle.