- Duffy allows 3 HRs, Jays beat Royals 5-2 Updated: Jul-30-15 11:00 pm
TORONTO - Kansas City's Danny Duffy doesn't often give up a lot of home runs. That changed against the Toronto Blue Jays.
- Jays hit 3 home runs, beat Royals 5-2 Updated: Jul-30-15 9:53 pm
- Zobrist to make Royals debut against Jays Updated: Jul-30-15 6:21 pm
TORONTO - Ben Zobrist was set to make his Kansas City Royals' debut in left field against the Blue Jays on Thursday night.
- Pirates designate Worley to make room for reliever Blanton Updated: Jul-30-15 5:29 pm
CINCINNATI - Vance Worley was excited when he found out that former teammate Joe Blanton would be joining the Pittsburgh Pirates' bullpen. He was surprised at what came next.
- Royals trade Joe Blanton to Pirates for cash Updated: Jul-30-15 1:08 am
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - The Royals have traded right-hander Joe Blanton to the Pittsburgh Pirates for cash considerations.
- Indians avoid winless homestand, beat Royals 12-1 Updated: Jul-29-15 5:03 pm
CLEVELAND - The Cleveland Indians found the perfect way to avoid a winless homestand.
- Indians manager Francona ejected after player hit by pitch Updated: Jul-29-15 2:02 pm
CLEVELAND - Cleveland Indians manager Terry Francona has been ejected in the fifth inning against Kansas City.
- Indians lose 2-1, home losing streak longest since '75 Updated: Jul-28-15 11:23 pm
CLEVELAND - When Trevor Bauer's curveball to Eric Hosmer sunk over the wall in right field, Cleveland's season dropped to a new low.
- Royals acquire versatile Ben Zobrist from A's Updated: Jul-28-15 9:29 pm
CLEVELAND - Back in college, Ben Zobrist once kicked Ned Yost out of his apartment.
- Johnny Cueto joins Royals following trade Updated: Jul-28-15 6:05 pm
CLEVELAND - Johnny Cueto spent part of his first hours with the Kansas City Royals running up and down the steps inside an empty Progressive Field.
- Reed wins Texas League honor before being traded to Reds Updated: Jul-27-15 3:09 pm
SPRINGDALE, Arkansas - Former Northwest Arkansas pitcher Cody Reed picked up his first honor as the Texas League's Pitcher of the Week just before being traded from the Kansas City Royals' organization to the Cincinnati Reds'.
- Parity, extra wild card gives many teams hope in AL Updated: Jul-27-15 3:18 am
The Oakland Athletics have lost four in a row and already traded one of their top pitchers when they sent Scott Kazmir to Houston. They are nobody's idea of a contender.
- Rockies hit 5 homers, power way to 17-7 win over Reds Updated: Jul-26-15 9:15 pm
DENVER - Carlos Gonzalez's bat is officially scorching. His demand may be heating up, too, as the trade deadline draws closer.
- Royals get Cueto in trade with Reds Updated: Jul-26-15 9:11 pm
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - The Kansas City Royals acquired Johnny Cueto in a trade with Cincinnati on Sunday, sending three prospects to the Reds for a legitimate ace for the front of their beleaguered rotation.
- Astros lose 5-1 to Royals, set to face Angels in key series Updated: Jul-26-15 7:18 pm
- Royals celebrate Cueto deal with 5-1 victory over Astros Updated: Jul-26-15 6:27 pm
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - This was one nice day for Kansas City's rotation.
- Royals recall INF Cuthbert from Triple-A, send down Coleman Updated: Jul-24-15 4:12 pm
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - The Kansas City Royals have recalled infielder Cheslor Cuthbert from Triple-A Omaha and sent down infielder Dusty Coleman.
- Lackey goes 7, Rosenthal holds on as Cardinals beat Royals Updated: Jul-23-15 11:21 pm
ST. LOUIS - John Lackey wore a Cardinals 1985 World Series T-shirt as a 6-year-old growing up in Abilene, Texas, courtesy of an aunt then living in St. Louis.
- Correction: Pirates-Royals story Updated: Jul-23-15 10:47 am
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - In a story July 22 about Kansas City's win over Pittsburgh, The Associated Press reported erroneously the inning in which Mike Moustakas hit his three-run home run. It was hit in the seventh inning.
- Royals' Jason Vargas needs Tommy John surgery Updated: Jul-22-15 7:16 pm
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - Royals left-hander Jason Vargas has a torn ulnar ligament in his elbow and will need season-ending Tommy John surgery.
- Cole pitches a gem, but Pirates fall 3-1 to Royals Updated: Jul-22-15 1:02 am
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - After Royals manager Ned Yost saw the Pirates' Gerrit Cole pitch a scoreless inning in the All-Star game, he knew his hitters could be in for a long night Tuesday.
- Royals option Ventura to Triple-A Omaha Updated: Jul-21-15 7:39 pm
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - Yordano Ventura is going back to the minors to try to regain his form from his strong rookie season.
- Combat ship named after Kansas City revealed at Royals game Updated: Jul-21-15 7:29 am
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - Baseball fans at Kauffman Stadium get a first glimpse of a combat ship that will be named after Kansas City.
- Ventura exits early, Royals lose 10-7 to Pirates Updated: Jul-21-15 2:18 am
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - Yordano Ventura remains an enigma for the Kansas City Royals.
- Royals activate Medlen, add him to bullpen Updated: Jul-20-15 7:35 pm
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - The Kansas City Royals have reinstated Kris Medlen from the disabled list, putting the right-handed pitcher back in the majors for the first time since his second Tommy John surgery early last year.