- Cardinals shut out again, lose to Royals 5-0 Updated: May-23-15 12:56 am
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - The St. Louis Cardinals are on an uncharacteristic dry spell.
- Morales homers twice, drives in 5 runs in Royals' victory Updated: May-23-15 12:45 am
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - Kendrys Morales is leading the American League with 37 RBIs. A year ago, he wasn't even playing - he was waiting for an offer as a free agent.
- Guthrie throws 6 scoreless innings; Royals top Reds 7-1 Updated: May-21-15 12:14 am
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - The Kansas City Royals are off to the best start in franchise history.
- Rafael Furcal retires after 14 major league seasons Updated: May-19-15 5:00 pm
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - Former NL Rookie of the Year Rafael Furcal is retiring after 14 major league seasons.
- Royals' Mike Moustakas finding ways to beat defensive shifts Updated: May-18-15 4:21 pm
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - Everyone in the Royals dugout was hanging on the top step when Mike Moustakas stepped to the plate Friday night. He had already accomplished three legs of the cycle, and all that was missing was a home run.
- Edinson Volquez dominates as Royals roll past Yankees, 6-0 Updated: May-17-15 6:05 pm
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - Edinson Volquez had such violent movement on his fastball Sunday that Royals manager Ned Yost said catcher Salvador Perez actually turned around to ask plate umpire Chris Guccione whether there was anything he could do to help out.
- Yankees activate Capuano to start vs Royals Updated: May-17-15 2:03 pm
- Duffy better, gets same result as Royals fall to Yankees Updated: May-16-15 11:02 pm
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - Danny Duffy had better location on his fastball. He limited the damage after walking the bases loaded in the third inning. He felt stronger than he has in a while.
- Royals select veteran Joe Blanton from Triple-A Omaha Updated: May-16-15 3:11 pm
- Escobar, Royals earn split with 6-3 win at Rangers Updated: May-14-15 6:59 pm
ARLINGTON, Texas - Alcides Escobar is doing his job leading off for the Kansas City Royals, getting on base, scoring runs and even driving in a few for the top-hitting team in the majors.
- Royals reliever Herrera returns from 6-game suspension Updated: May-13-15 9:02 pm
ARLINGTON, Texas - Kansas City reliever Kelvin Herrera returned to the team Wednesday after serving a six-game suspension.
- Royals' Moustakas back after 3 days away with family Updated: May-11-15 6:14 pm
- Royals edge Tigers 2-1 in 10 after long delay Updated: May-11-15 2:26 am
DETROIT - The Detroit hitters kept squaring around to bunt, and Greg Holland kept throwing pitches nowhere near his intended target.
- Tigers' Price leaves game with injury Updated: May-08-15 9:41 pm
- Cy Young winner Kluber winless this year, Royals top Indians Updated: May-07-15 9:09 pm
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - Eric Hosmer can't believe Corey Kluber is still looking for his first victory.
- MLB cuts Royals pitcher Herrera's suspensions by a game to 6 Updated: May-07-15 5:05 pm
- Royals acquire Butera from Angels, activate Hochevar Updated: May-07-15 1:36 pm
- NASCAR star Clint Bowyer takes cuts with Kansas City Royals Updated: May-06-15 7:41 pm
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - The first thing Ned Yost asked Clint Bowyer when the Royals manager called the NASCAR driver into his office Wednesday night was for some much-needed help with his lineup.
- Royals bring All-Star closer Greg Holland off disabled list Updated: May-06-15 6:37 pm
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - The Kansas City Royals' dominant bullpen got even tougher Wednesday when All-Star closer Greg Holland was activated from the disabled list before their game against the Cleveland Indians.
- Cabrera, Sanchez carry Tigers to 6-4 victory over Royals Updated: May-03-15 6:06 pm
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - Anibal Sanchez could have thrown his fastball into a knothole on Sunday.
- Royals' Lorenzo Cain drops appeal, begins serving suspension Updated: May-03-15 12:41 pm
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - Lorenzo Cain was hoping that nobody saw him throw the punch.
- Castellanos get 1st hit for Tigers in 8th against Royals Updated: May-01-15 10:32 pm
- Royals shortstop Escobar placed on 7-day concussion list Updated: May-01-15 6:14 pm
- Yordano Ventura drops appeal of suspension Updated: Apr-30-15 7:56 pm
- Kipnis, Salazar help Indians break losing streak Updated: Apr-29-15 10:53 pm
CLEVELAND - Danny Salazar overcame a scary moment and a hot ballclub to remain unbeaten and help the Cleveland Indians snap a four-game losing streak.