- Report: Royals have biggest attendance increase over decade Updated: Jan-28-16 5:01 am
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - A financial news and opinion company reports the Kansas City Royals have seen the biggest increase in fan attendance among all major professional U.S. sports teams over a 10-year span.
- Royals complete $17.5M, 2-year deal with outfielder Cain Updated: Jan-18-16 4:50 pm
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - The Royals finalized their $17.5 million, two-year deal with Lorenzo Cain on Monday, buying out the All-Star outfielder's final two years of arbitration.
- AP source: Royals, Ian Kennedy reach 5-year, $70M deal Updated: Jan-16-16 12:49 pm
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - The Royals and pitcher Ian Kennedy agreed to a $70 million, five-year deal Saturday that includes an opt-out after the first two years, a person familiar with the situation told The Associated Press.
- Royals avoid arbitration with Dyson, Coleman, Cruz deals Updated: Jan-15-16 8:25 pm
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - The Royals signed five players to one-year contracts Friday, leaving All-Star third baseman Mike Moustakas and All-Star outfielder Lorenzo Cain as their only unsigned arbitration-eligible players.
- Royals outfielder Dyson's hometown names street after him Updated: Jan-14-16 5:01 am
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - The honors keep rolling in for Kansas City Royals players with the renaming of a street in McComb, Mississippi, in honor of speedy outfielder Jarrod Dyson.
- Royals great Frank White named Jackson County executive Updated: Jan-11-16 4:47 pm
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - Former Kansas City Royals second baseman Frank White has been chosen to serve as a Jackson County executive for the rest of the year.
- Kansas governor touts tax policy with tweet on Royals star Updated: Jan-07-16 7:30 pm
TOPEKA, Kansas - Kansas Gov. Sam Brownback's office has taken a swing at promoting his tax-cutting policies through Kansas City Royals star Alex Gordon's new, $72 million contract.
- Royals sign former Yankees star Wang to minor league deal Updated: Jan-07-16 5:24 pm
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - The Royals have signed former Cy Young runner-up Chien-Ming Wang to a minor league contract.
- Royals sign OF Alex Gordon to $72 million, 4-year contract Updated: Jan-06-16 5:59 pm
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - With a cold wind blowing outside and the warmth of spring training still more than a month away, Alex Gordon walked into the home clubhouse of Kauffman Stadium on Wednesday and grinned.