- Guyer, Kiermaier hit HRs help Rays beat Royals 3-2 Updated: Aug-30-15 10:06 pm
- Saladino lifts White Sox to 6-5 win over Mariners Updated: Aug-30-15 8:30 pm
CHICAGO - The Chicago White Sox have turned to several rookies during their lackluster season.
- Slumping Tigers get swept, lose 9-2 to Blue Jays Updated: Aug-30-15 7:09 pm
TORONTO - Still stinging from being swept by the power-packed Blue Jays, the slumping Detroit Tigers don't have much to look forward to. Up next, a trip to Kansas City to face the AL-leading Royals.
- Royals hit disputed double play in 3-2 loss to Rays Updated: Aug-30-15 6:04 pm
ST. PETERSBURG, Florida - A late comeback bid by the Kansas City Royals was stymied by a strange and disputed double play.
- Rays lose sixth straight to Royals Updated: Aug-29-15 11:08 pm
- Royals LF Alex Gordon close to return from groin injury Updated: Aug-29-15 5:03 pm
ST. PETERSBURG, Florida - Kansas City manager Ned Yost says left fielder Alex Gordon is "getting close" to rejoining the AL Central-leading Royals after missing almost two months with a strained left groin.
- Yordano Ventura overpowering as Royals beat Orioles 5-3 Updated: Aug-27-15 7:23 pm
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - Yordano Ventura's locker sits next to that of Edinson Volquez in the Kansas City clubhouse, and two down from Johnny Cueto, who arrived last month in a trade from Cincinnati.
- Orioles CF Adam Jones exits vs KC after running into wall Updated: Aug-27-15 5:06 pm
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - Baltimore Orioles center fielder Adam Jones left the game against the Royals after running into the wall while tracking down a fly ball in the first inning Thursday.
- Royals rally with 4 in 9th; beat Red Sox 8-6 Updated: Aug-23-15 5:25 pm
BOSTON - Mike Moustakas' two-run double capped a four-run ninth inning that carried the AL Central-leading Kansas City Royals to an 8-6 comeback victory over the Boston Red Sox on Sunday.
- Baserunning costs Reds in 4-3 loss to Royals Updated: Aug-20-15 1:48 am
CINCINNATI - A weird double play stalled the Cincinnati Reds' offense one run short of the Kansas City Royals.
- Royals complete sweep of Reds with 4-3 win Updated: Aug-20-15 12:47 am
CINCINNATI - Lorenzo Cain had a tiebreaking RBI single in the second inning, Ben Zobrist had four hits, and Kansas City benefited from a Cincinnati baserunning gaffe as the Royals beat the Reds 4-3 Wednesday night to complete a two-game sweep.
- Since trade to Royals, Cueto enjoying bigger parks Updated: Aug-18-15 6:03 pm
CINCINNATI - Johnny Cueto learned there's more than one reason to enjoy pitching in big ballparks.
- Morales' RBI single in 10th lifts Royals past Angels Updated: Aug-17-15 12:38 am
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - Hitting with two outs with runners on base in a key situation doesn't bother Kendrys Morales. He just focuses on getting a good swing.
- Royals sign Chamberlain, Rodriguez to minor league contracts Updated: Aug-16-15 9:06 pm
- Royals induct Mike Sweeney into franchise Hall of Fame Updated: Aug-15-15 6:41 pm
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - Mike Sweeney was once told by one of his own coaches he had "zero percent" chance of making the Kansas City Royals out of spring training and to make sure he packed lightly if he showed up in Florida.
- Kinsler's double keys Tigers' rally in 7-4 win over Royals Updated: Aug-13-15 12:47 am
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - After scoring two runs early, the Detroit Tigers appeared to hit the snooze button before reawakening late in the game.
- Royals refuse to coast with comfy cushion in AL Central Updated: Aug-11-15 3:54 pm
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - When Ned Yost was the bench coach in Atlanta, he watched the Braves cruise to a few division titles with big leads by the time August rolled around.
- Madson earns save as Royals beat White Sox for 3-game sweep Updated: Aug-09-15 8:17 pm
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - With All-Star reliever Wade Davis nursing a bad back and closer Greg Holland earning saves the past two days and unavailable, Kansas City Royals manager Ned Yost turned to Ryan Madson to protect a one-run lead in the ninth.
- Royals recall outfielder Orlando from Triple-A Omaha Updated: Aug-09-15 1:13 pm
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - The Kansas City Royals have recalled Paulo Orlando from Triple-A Omaha and inserted him into the lineup in left field against the Chicago White Sox.
- Kinsler hits 2-run homer in ninth, Tigers top Royals 8-6 Updated: Aug-06-15 5:51 pm
DETROIT - The Detroit Tigers are ready to admit it.
- Blue Jays' Aaron Sanchez suspended 3 games, John Gibbons 1 Updated: Aug-04-15 8:56 pm
TORONTO - Toronto pitcher Aaron Sanchez was suspended for three games and manager John Gibbons for one for their roles in Sunday's brawling game between the Blue Jays and Kansas City Royals.
- Blue Jays, Royals escalate feud by trading barbs on Twitter Updated: Aug-03-15 2:38 pm
TORONTO - The Royals and Blue Jays have moved on: After an exchange of hit batters, they're now trading barbs on Twitter.
- Colabello homers, Jays beat Royals 5-2 in testy game Updated: Aug-02-15 4:35 pm
- Benches, bullpens clear at game between Royals, Jays Updated: Aug-02-15 4:08 pm
TORONTO - Both benches and bullpens emptied after Toronto reliever Aaron Sanchez was ejected for throwing at Kansas City's Alcides Escobar in the eighth inning on Sunday. It was the climax of a game-long spat that began when Royals starter Edinson Volquez hit Josh Donaldson on the left arm in the first inning.