- Chris Young pitches Royals past Twins 3-1 Updated: Oct-03-15 1:34 am
MINNEAPOLIS - After watching Chris Young strike out the side in the sixth inning, Kansas City Royals manager Ned Yost approached his starter in the dugout to tell him he was nearing his pitch limit.
- Royals put big dent in Twins' wild-card bid with 3-1 win Updated: Oct-03-15 1:34 am
MINNEAPOLIS - The Minnesota Twins clubhouse, clouded so often this season by fog machines for the post-victory dance parties, was crystal clear and eerily quiet following the 160th game on the schedule.
- Correction: Royals-Guthrie-Oregon School Shooting story Updated: Oct-02-15 9:10 pm
CHICAGO - In a story Oct. 1 about Jeremy Guthrie reacting to the mass shooting in Oregon, The Associated Press misidentified Guthrie as a left-hander. He is a right-hander.
- Abreu passes 100 RBIs in White Sox's 6-4 loss to Royals Updated: Oct-02-15 12:57 am
CHICAGO - Jose Abreu is in the company of Albert Pujols, and that is a very meaningful club for the White Sox slugger to have joined.
- Gomes helps Royals beat White Sox 6-4 Updated: Oct-02-15 12:36 am
CHICAGO - Kansas City Royals manager Ned Yost was sitting in his office in the visiting clubhouse when White Sox broadcaster Ken Harrelson walked in and offered him a lucky gold coin.
- Royals' Morales leaves with left quad tightness Updated: Oct-01-15 10:15 pm
CHICAGO - Kansas City designated hitter Kendrys Morales has left the Royals' game at the Chicago White Sox with tightness in his left quadriceps.
- Royals' Cain exits with bruised knee, day to day Updated: Sep-30-15 10:37 pm
CHICAGO - Royals center fielder Lorenzo Cain exited Wednesday night's game against the Chicago White Sox and is day to day for playoff-bound Kansas City with a bruised right knee after fouling a pitch off himself.
- Royals offense can't support pitching in 1-0 loss to Cubs Updated: Sep-29-15 12:33 am
CHICAGO - Yordano Ventura has been nearly unbeatable over the past two months. But even what may have been his best outing of the season wasn't enough for the Kansas City Royals on Monday night.
- Denorfia's HR in 11th gives Cubs 1-0 win over Royals Updated: Sep-29-15 12:28 am
CHICAGO - Chris Denorfia is a senior citizen in a clubhouse filled with youngsters. The veteran felt like one of the kids Monday night.
- Royals' Young goes 5 no-hit innings day after father's death Updated: Sep-27-15 6:55 pm
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - A day after his father died, Chris Young took the mound and paid tribute the best way he knew how.
- Lindor's single in 7th ends Royals' no-hit bid vs Indians Updated: Sep-27-15 4:17 pm
- Medlen knocked out in fourth in Royals' 9-5 loss to Indians Updated: Sep-26-15 11:57 pm
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - Kris Medlen lost the rematch.
- Indians' Carrasco loses no-hit bid in 7th inning vs Royals Updated: Sep-25-15 10:20 pm
- Kansas City, Royals, MLB plan urban youth academy Updated: Sep-25-15 5:00 pm
- Kansas City to establish inner-city youth baseball academy Updated: Sep-25-15 2:29 pm
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - The Royals are teaming with Kansas City officials, Major League Baseball and the Negro Leagues Baseball Museum on a youth academy that will include an indoor training facility and outdoor fields.
- Crowned! Royals clinch AL Central by beating Mariners 10-4 Updated: Sep-25-15 3:38 am
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - No unexpected wild-card ride into October this year. The Kansas City Royals are division champs for the first time in three decades - and they want a whole lot more.
- Royals reliever Holland (elbow) out for rest of season Updated: Sep-24-15 7:15 pm
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - Kansas City Royals reliever Greg Holland has a right elbow ligament tear that will end his season and likely require surgery.
- Morales hits 3 homers for Royals in 10-3 win at Detroit Updated: Sep-20-15 6:00 pm
DETROIT - The Kansas City Royals signed Kendrys Morales last offseason to add some power to what had been a fairly punchless offense in 2014.
- Kendrys Morales has 3 homers for Royals at Detroit Updated: Sep-20-15 4:18 pm
DETROIT - Kansas City's Kendrys Morales has hit three home runs Sunday against the Detroit Tigers, and he also has set a team record with 15 total bases.
- Royals and Tigers delayed 23 minutes due to light failure Updated: Sep-18-15 7:35 pm
- Infante drives in 7 runs as Royals down Indians 8-4 Updated: Sep-17-15 11:46 pm
CLEVELAND - As Omar Infante prepared for a postgame TV interview, teammate Salvador Perez dumped a bucket of Gatorade over his head, soaking Kansas City's second baseman to the bone.
- Royals move struggling Danny Duffy to bullpen Updated: Sep-17-15 7:40 pm
CLEVELAND - Kansas City manager Ned Yost is looking for four starters he can count on. Right now, Danny Duffy isn't one of them.
- Indians' Kluber cleared to return from hamstring injury Updated: Sep-15-15 5:00 pm
CLEVELAND - Indians ace Corey Kluber has been cleared to return from a right hamstring injury and will start Thursday night against Kansas City.
- Davis his 42nd homer, O's beat Royals 8-2 Updated: Sep-14-15 12:07 am
BALTIMORE - With 20 games left this season, the Baltimore Orioles want to win every one of them.
- Sano's homer sends Twins past Royals 3-2 in 12 innings Updated: Sep-10-15 1:37 am
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - The longer Miguel Sano stayed in the batter's box, the more confident Twins manager Paul Molitor felt that his big pinch-hitter would come through in the 12th inning Wednesday night.