- Indians drop fifth straight, lose 9-4 to Royals Updated: Jul-27-15 11:41 pm
CLEVELAND - The team meeting was supposed to clear the air and change things.
- Hosmer drives in 4 as Royals roll over Indians 9-4 Updated: Jul-27-15 11:27 pm
CLEVELAND - After celebrating with handshakes and high-fives, the Royals walked off the field as dozens of blue-clad Kansas City backers lined the rows behind their first-base dugout.
- Cueto to make his debut for Royals on Friday Updated: Jul-27-15 7:14 pm
CLEVELAND - Johnny Cueto hasn't officially joined the Royals yet, but the ace's presence is already being felt.
- Reed wins Texas League honor before being traded to Reds Updated: Jul-27-15 3:09 pm
SPRINGDALE, Arkansas - Former Northwest Arkansas pitcher Cody Reed picked up his first honor as the Texas League's Pitcher of the Week just before being traded from the Kansas City Royals' organization to the Cincinnati Reds'.
- Parity, extra wild card gives many teams hope in AL Updated: Jul-27-15 3:18 am
The Oakland Athletics have lost four in a row and already traded one of their top pitchers when they sent Scott Kazmir to Houston. They are nobody's idea of a contender.
- Rockies hit 5 homers, power way to 17-7 win over Reds Updated: Jul-26-15 9:15 pm
DENVER - Carlos Gonzalez's bat is officially scorching. His demand may be heating up, too, as the trade deadline draws closer.
- Royals get Cueto in trade with Reds Updated: Jul-26-15 9:11 pm
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - The Kansas City Royals acquired Johnny Cueto in a trade with Cincinnati on Sunday, sending three prospects to the Reds for a legitimate ace for the front of their beleaguered rotation.
- Astros lose 5-1 to Royals, set to face Angels in key series Updated: Jul-26-15 7:18 pm
- Royals celebrate Cueto deal with 5-1 victory over Astros Updated: Jul-26-15 6:27 pm
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - This was one nice day for Kansas City's rotation.
- Royals recall INF Cuthbert from Triple-A, send down Coleman Updated: Jul-24-15 4:12 pm
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - The Kansas City Royals have recalled infielder Cheslor Cuthbert from Triple-A Omaha and sent down infielder Dusty Coleman.
- Young pulled early, Royals fall short in loss to Cardinals Updated: Jul-23-15 11:44 pm
ST. LOUIS - Ned Yost pulled Chris Young early, leaning on relievers who threw five scoreless innings. The Kansas City Royals' comeback bid fell just short.
- Lackey goes 7, Rosenthal holds on as Cardinals beat Royals Updated: Jul-23-15 11:21 pm
ST. LOUIS - John Lackey wore a Cardinals 1985 World Series T-shirt as a 6-year-old growing up in Abilene, Texas, courtesy of an aunt then living in St. Louis.
- Correction: Pirates-Royals story Updated: Jul-23-15 10:47 am
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - In a story July 22 about Kansas City's win over Pittsburgh, The Associated Press reported erroneously the inning in which Mike Moustakas hit his three-run home run. It was hit in the seventh inning.
- Royals' Jason Vargas needs Tommy John surgery Updated: Jul-22-15 7:16 pm
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - Royals left-hander Jason Vargas has a torn ulnar ligament in his elbow and will need season-ending Tommy John surgery.
- Cole pitches a gem, but Pirates fall 3-1 to Royals Updated: Jul-22-15 1:02 am
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - After Royals manager Ned Yost saw the Pirates' Gerrit Cole pitch a scoreless inning in the All-Star game, he knew his hitters could be in for a long night Tuesday.
- Royals option Ventura to Triple-A Omaha Updated: Jul-21-15 7:39 pm
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - Yordano Ventura is going back to the minors to try to regain his form from his strong rookie season.
- Combat ship named after Kansas City revealed at Royals game Updated: Jul-21-15 7:29 am
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - Baseball fans at Kauffman Stadium get a first glimpse of a combat ship that will be named after Kansas City.
- Ventura exits early, Royals lose 10-7 to Pirates Updated: Jul-21-15 2:18 am
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - Yordano Ventura remains an enigma for the Kansas City Royals.
- Royals activate Medlen, add him to bullpen Updated: Jul-20-15 7:35 pm
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - The Kansas City Royals have reinstated Kris Medlen from the disabled list, putting the right-handed pitcher back in the majors for the first time since his second Tommy John surgery early last year.
- Duffy leads Royals past Sale, White Sox 4-1 Updated: Jul-19-15 7:42 pm
CHICAGO - There is no big secret to Danny Duffy's July success. No mechanical adjustments. Nothing like that at all.
- Royals recall LHP John Lamb as 26th man Updated: Jul-17-15 1:46 pm
- In year of parity, nearly every team has playoffs chance Updated: Jul-16-15 6:14 pm
NEW YORK - Clayton Kershaw looks around the major leagues and sees opponents convinced they can reach the playoffs.
- Middle relievers getting their due at All-Star Game Updated: Jul-13-15 6:18 pm
CINCINNATI - Darren O'Day can count his career saves on the fingers of both hands - only 10 digits needed to sum up his eight years of relief work in the majors. Kelvin Herrera needs only one hand to tally his saves total.
- MLB teams increase international spending, seeking edge Updated: Jul-12-15 7:17 pm
CINCINNATI - For all the talk about big-money contracts for major leaguers, the New York Yankees spent nearly $18.1 million on international amateurs during the last signing period.
- Royals edge Blue Jays 11-10 after blowing seven-run lead Updated: Jul-12-15 6:59 pm
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - Paulo Orlando came through again for the Kansas City Royals.