- Twins unable to solve Royals bullpen in 5-4 loss Updated: Apr-19-14 6:38 pm
- Royals bullpen holds on for 5-4 victory over Twins Updated: Apr-19-14 6:15 pm
- Royals put outfielder Dyson on bereavement list Updated: Apr-18-14 6:23 pm
- Shields strikes out 12, Royals sweep Astros 5-1 Updated: Apr-18-14 12:17 am
- Royals swept by Twins after 4-3 loss Updated: Apr-13-14 7:29 pm
- Davis' throwing error sends Twins over Royals Updated: Apr-13-14 6:50 pm
- Gordon homers, drives in 4 as Royals beat Rays 7-3 Updated: Apr-09-14 6:16 pm
- Royals expect Infante to be back for weekend trip Updated: Apr-09-14 2:15 pm
- Royals' Infante hit in face by pitch from Bell Updated: Apr-07-14 11:02 pm
- Sale shuts down Royals as White Sox win 5-1 Updated: Apr-06-14 6:35 pm
- Tigers-Royals called because of rain Updated: Apr-03-14 2:50 pm
- Kinsler's hit lifts Tigers over Royals 2-1 in 10 Updated: Apr-02-14 6:35 pm
- Umpires in Detroit overturn 2 calls on review Updated: Apr-02-14 4:40 pm
- Ausmus, Tigers host Royals in opener Updated: Mar-30-14 3:47 pm
- Royals' Teaford sold to Korean club LG Twins Updated: Mar-30-14 11:45 am
- Marco Estrada pitches Brewers past Royals 7-2 Updated: Mar-29-14 8:41 pm
- Shields settles down after rough start in tuneup Updated: Mar-26-14 7:25 pm
- Royals' Perez hit in head by pitch, leaves game Updated: Mar-26-14 5:21 pm
- Royals reliever Coleman could start season on DL Updated: Mar-26-14 12:58 pm
- Hernandez helps Mariners beat Royals 9-6 Updated: Mar-26-14 12:59 am
- Royals enter season with sights set on playoffs Updated: Mar-25-14 9:05 pm
- Royals claim LHP Schuster off waivers from Padres Updated: Mar-25-14 5:20 pm
- Tulowitzki, Morales lead Rockies past Royals 8-2 Updated: Mar-24-14 9:33 pm
- Royals send RHP Rauch to minors Updated: Mar-24-14 12:32 pm
- Lincecum hit hard but Giants rally past Royals Updated: Mar-23-14 9:24 pm
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - Right fielder Chris Colabello misjudged a fly ball. Third baseman Trevor Plouffe never saw a liner hit at him. And catcher Josmil Pinto made the most glaring mistake when he threw the ball into left field for an error during a double steal.
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - Royals manager Ned Yost turned to pitching coach Dave Eiland in the fifth inning Saturday and told him that Kansas City was going to have to protect a one-run lead against Minnesota.
HOUSTON - James Shields kept the Houston Astros off-balance all night.
MINNEAPOLIS - The Kansas City Royals were close to getting their first road win of the season.
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - The Royals' Alex Gordon knew he put a good swing on the pitch, and he knew that his high fly ball had a chance to clear the outfield wall the way the wind was gusting out.
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - Royals manager Ned Yost is hopeful that second baseman Omar Infante will be ready to return for a weekend series at Minnesota after he was hit by a pitch in the face.
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - Chris Sale knew he had to pitch his best Sunday with James Shields starting for the Kansas City Royals.
DETROIT - Brad Ausmus is hoping he'll have a chance to use every position player on his roster before too long - no sense letting backups become rusty at the beginning of the season.
DETROIT - With the Detroit Tigers in a jam after a close play at first base, Brad Ausmus calmly made his way onto the field.
DETROIT - Instant replay is a hit so far at Comerica Park.
DETROIT - Brad Ausmus expects to approach his managerial debut with the same relaxed attitude he showed throughout spring training.
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - The rights to Royals left-hander Everett Teaford were sold to the LG Twins of the Korean Baseball Organization after it became clear he was not going to make the team out of spring training.
PEORIA, Arizona - James Shields gave up seven runs in the first inning Wednesday before settling down to throw three scoreless ones in his final start before opening day in the Kansas City Royals' 9-5 loss to the San Diego Padres.
PEORIA, Arizona - Salvador Perez of the Kansas City Royals has been hit in the helmet by a pitch and left the game against San Diego.
SURPRISE, Arizona - Kansas City Royals reliever Louis Coleman probably will start the season on the disabled list because of a bone bruise on his right middle finger.
SURPRISE, Arizona - Felix Hernandez pitched five strong innings and rookie outfielder Stefen Romero homered and drove in three runs and the Seattle Mariners beat the Kansas City Royals 9-6 Tuesday night.
SCOTTSDALE, Arizona - Troy Tulowitzki homered, Franklin Morales struck out seven over five innings in a strong audition for a spot in the Colorado rotation, and the Rockies beat the Kansas City Royals 8-2 Monday.