- 12 inmates hurt in prisoner van crash in southern Colorado Updated: Apr-29-16 2:54 pm
COLORADO SPRINGS, Colorado - Authorities say 12 inmates and two other people were injured when a Jeep hit a prisoner transport van in southern Colorado.
- Colorado House sends roads, schools spending bill to Senate Updated: Apr-29-16 1:33 pm
DENVER - A bill to increase investment in Colorado's underfunded roads and schools has passed the House.
- Colorado's Jon Keyser makes state GOP US Senate primary Updated: Apr-29-16 1:32 pm
DENVER - Colorado Republican U.S. Senate hopeful Jon Keyser will appear on his party's primary after all, a Denver judge ruled Friday.
- Nebraska, Oklahoma join suit to halt Colorado marijuana law Updated: Apr-29-16 10:34 am
LINCOLN, Nebraska - Nebraska Attorney General Doug Peterson and his counterpart in Oklahoma are joining a lawsuit aimed at halting legal marijuana in Colorado.
- Presidential primaries for 2020 approved in Colorado House Updated: Apr-28-16 11:17 pm
DENVER - A plan to revive the presidential primaries in Colorado has cleared a big hurdle in the state Legislature.
- EPA paying $1 million in response costs after mine spill Updated: Apr-28-16 9:36 pm
DENVER - The Environmental Protection Agency said Thursday it is reimbursing states, tribes and local governments about $1 million for their costs after the agency accidentally triggered a massive wastewater spill from a Colorado mine.
- Colorado lawmakers agree to 911 regulation study Updated: Apr-28-16 1:06 pm
DENVER - A long legislative debate over who should oversee 911 service in Colorado has been put on the shelf for more study.
- Committee passes watered-down payday loan bill Updated: Apr-27-16 9:38 pm
MONTGOMERY, Alabama - A House committee on Wednesday shelved a bill that would have given borrowers up to six months to repay payday loans, but agreed to send a watered-down version to the House for a full vote.
- Colorado House rejects measure opposing Guantanamo detainees Updated: Apr-26-16 1:27 pm
DENVER - A symbolic measure in the Colorado Legislature to oppose the potential transfer of Guantanamo Bay detainees to Fremont County has failed in the Democratic House.
- Senate passes abandoned mines cleanup bill Updated: Apr-25-16 4:38 pm
DENVER - Colorado's Department of Natural Resources will soon be able to respond to emergency situations at more of the state's abandoned mines.
- Colorado court: ruling stands that baker can't cite religion Updated: Apr-25-16 3:27 pm
DENVER - The Colorado Supreme Court refused Monday to take up the case of a suburban Denver baker who would not make a wedding cake for a same-sex couple, letting stand a lower court's ruling that the Masterpiece Cakeshop owner cannot cite his Christian beliefs in refusing service.
- Colorado vaccine database proposal fails for the year Updated: Apr-25-16 2:51 pm
DENVER - Colorado won't be starting a database this year to track kids who have not been vaccinated.
- Fantasy sports registration bill clears House Updated: Apr-25-16 1:55 pm
DENVER - Colorado is closer to regulating fantasy online sports leagues.
- Fruit-shaped pot treats banned under bill approved Friday Updated: Apr-22-16 6:33 pm
DENVER - A ban on pot-infused gummy bears and marijuana edibles that resemble fruits has passed the Colorado House.
- The Latest: Colorado lawmakers vote to ban red-light cameras Updated: Apr-22-16 2:59 pm
DENVER - The Latest on legislative attempt to ban or limit red-light cameras (all times local):
- Both parties say presidential primary returning to Colorado Updated: Apr-21-16 6:37 pm
Colorado's harried presidential caucuses last month could be the last. A bipartisan slate of state lawmakers announced plans Thursday to return to a presidential preference primary for 2020.
- Both parties say presidential primary returning to Colorado Updated: Apr-21-16 6:35 pm
DENVER - The Latest on Colorado's move to a presidential preference primary for 2020 (all times local):
- Life without parole for youths debated by Colorado lawmakers Updated: Apr-20-16 11:19 pm
DENVER - Colorado's district attorneys oppose a Senate bill to bring the state in line with U.S. Supreme Court rulings that mandatory life without parole sentences for youth offenders are unconstitutional.
- Colorado lawmakers target edible pot in fruit, animal shapes Updated: Apr-19-16 8:00 pm
DENVER - Pot-infused lemon drops and other marijuana edibles that resemble fruits could be coming off Colorado shelves, the latest front in a battle by lawmakers to eradicate retail pot products that could appeal to kids.
- Senate approves extended rape statute of limitations Updated: Apr-18-16 6:37 pm
DENVER - The state Senate has given preliminary approval to a bill to double the amount of time sexual assault victims can seek charges from 10 to 20 years.
- Colorado pot report: More adults using drug, but not kids Updated: Apr-18-16 6:35 pm
DENVER - Colorado kids are not smoking more pot since the drug became legal - but their older siblings and parents certainly are, according to a long-awaited report giving the most comprehensive data yet on the effects of the state's 2012 recreational marijuana law.
- Bennet campaign reports more than $7.6 million in the bank Updated: Apr-18-16 5:19 pm
DENVER - Democratic U.S. Sen. Michael Bennet has a commanding fundraising advantage over his potential Republican rivals with more than $7.6 million in cash for his re-election campaign.
- Colorado high court: Judges can't let suspects search homes Updated: Apr-18-16 3:07 pm
DENVER - Colorado's highest court says trial judges can't allow criminal suspects access to crime scenes inside private homes without consent.
- Colorado moving to expand pot advertising restrictions Updated: Apr-15-16 1:35 pm
DENVER - Colorado is expanding a law limiting marijuana advertising.
- Strict student data privacy bill advances in Colorado House Updated: Apr-14-16 6:35 pm
DENVER - Colorado lawmakers are moving to enact what is billed as one of nation's toughest student privacy laws at a time when unscrupulous data collectors can identify youths by their keystrokes in typing class and sell their information.