- GOP Senate hopefuls optimistic ahead of Colorado caucuses Updated: Feb-11-16 10:39 pm
DENVER - A crowded slate of Colorado Republicans launched their effort to defeat Democratic Sen. Michael Bennet with a surprising tone of optimism in their first and last forum before meeting voters.
- Cosby cases prompt Colorado bill extending time for charges Updated: Feb-11-16 9:34 pm
DENVER - A Colorado House committee on Thursday unanimously approved a bill prompted by claims against Bill Cosby that would double a 10-year statute of limitations for seeking charges in sexual assault cases.
- Police-related bills introduced in Colorado legislature Updated: Feb-11-16 6:01 pm
DENVER - A Colorado House committee unanimously passed a bill Thursday that would require police agencies to videotape interrogations of suspects in certain felony cases as a way to prevent false confessions.
- Troopers cracking down on drug-related driving offenses Updated: Feb-11-16 12:45 pm
DENVER - The Colorado State Patrol says the number of citations related to marijuana dropped by more than 1 percent last year as compared with the year before because of increased training and enforcement.
- Colorado still working on clean-air plan despite court delay Updated: Feb-10-16 7:28 pm
DENVER - Colorado officials say they'll keep working on the state's plan to comply with the Obama administration's clean-power regulations despite a U.S. Supreme Court order delaying enforcement of the rules.
- Lawmakers reject plan to make death penalty easier to give Updated: Feb-10-16 6:40 pm
DENVER - A bill that would make it easier for Colorado juries to give the death penalty failed Wednesday when a Republican senator joined Democrats in saying that unanimous verdicts for capital punishment should stay a requirement.
- Colorado Editorial Roundup Updated: Feb-10-16 6:19 pm
The Durango Herald, Feb. 3, on end-of-life choices for the terminally ill:
- New Mexico official blasts EPA over Colorado mine spill Updated: Feb-10-16 2:47 pm
ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico - The head of the New Mexico Environment Department is blasting the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, saying federal officials are downplaying the long-term effects of the Gold King Mine spill.
- Man hit by vehicle while lying in road, dies at hospital Updated: Feb-09-16 10:21 pm
DENVER - The Colorado State Patrol is investigating after a man was hit by a vehicle while lying in a road in Adams County.
- Authorities' pursuit of Amber Alert suspect ends with crash Updated: Feb-09-16 4:54 pm
ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico - An Albuquerque man who police say took his 2-year-old daughter from her mother at gunpoint fled north to Colorado on Tuesday before his vehicle hit troopers' spike strips, rolled over and ejected both him and the toddler, authorities said.
- The Latest: Colorado troopers chased Amber Alert suspect Updated: Feb-09-16 1:54 pm
ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico - The Latest on a reported abduction of a 2-year-old New Mexico girl (all times local):
- Colorado's battle over tax limits could shape future growth Updated: Feb-08-16 10:32 am
DENVER - By 2030, Colorado's population will grow from 5 million to 7 million people, thanks in part to a strong and diverse economy, the state's famed Rocky Mountain quality of life, and its constitutionally-mandated low taxes.
- Governor gets support for mine spill Superfund listing Updated: Feb-06-16 3:43 pm
DENVER - Gov. John Hickenlooper says he believes there is enough support to get a Superfund listing following the Gold King Mine spill.
- Colorado right-to-die bill approved by House panel Updated: Feb-05-16 2:25 am
DENVER - A Democrat-led state House committee has approved a Colorado right-to-die bill that would provide a legal option for the terminally ill to end their lives.
- Panel OKs second Utah medical marijuana plan of the day Updated: Feb-04-16 9:30 pm
SALT LAKE CITY - A panel of Utah lawmakers approved a bill that would allow tens of thousands of residents with chronic or debilitating conditions to consume edible pot products but bans smoking pot.
- Transportation officials launch new online snowplow tracker Updated: Feb-01-16 11:50 pm
DENVER - The Colorado Department of Transportation has announced the launch of a new snowplow monitoring system that provides real-time locations of the department's snowplow fleet.
- CDOT to post traffic death tallies on signs to boost safety Updated: Jan-26-16 8:20 pm
DENVER - The Colorado Department of Transportation will begin using electronic signs along highways across the state to post a weekly tally of year-to-date traffic fatalities.
- Even watered-down drone limits fail in Colorado Legislature Updated: Jan-26-16 7:06 pm
DENVER - Drone limits keep going down faster than a paper airplane in the Colorado Legislature, which is bucking national headwinds to curb private drone use.
- Battleground Colorado enters 2016 with abortion debates Updated: Jan-22-16 3:02 pm
DENVER - Colorado Republicans could be forgiven for thinking that several years of fiery political contests over abortion and reproductive rights, which helped Democrats win several elections in this socially liberal swing state, were behind them.
- Suspicion over federal wolf plan spreads to Colorado, Utah Updated: Jan-17-16 12:22 pm
DENVER - Suspicion over federal plans to restore endangered Mexican gray wolves in the Southwest has spread to Colorado and Utah, where ranchers and officials are fiercely resisting any attempt to import the predators.
- Boulder immigration attorney disbarred after conviction Updated: Jan-16-16 4:09 pm
BOULDER, Colorado - A Boulder immigration attorney has been disbarred by the Colorado Supreme Court after she was convicted in 2014 of cheating immigrant families out of thousands of dollars, promising visas and work permits.
- Colorado high court won't rule on case of inmate freed early Updated: Jan-14-16 7:46 pm
DENVER - Colorado's highest court will not free a convict who was returned to prison after being mistakenly released from a 98-year sentence decades early and reforming his life.
- Taxes, housing to top Hickenlooper's State of State address Updated: Jan-14-16 1:42 pm
DENVER - 11:45 a.m.