- A look at each potential World Series matchup Updated: Oct-09-15 2:31 am
With four teams remaining in each league, there are 16 possible matchups for the World Series. We could wait and see who makes it, but what fun is that?
- Kershaw, Dodgers facing different Mets in playoffs Updated: Oct-08-15 10:58 pm
LOS ANGELES - Clayton Kershaw isn't sure what to expect from the new-look Mets, whose dramatic transformation in the second half of the season led to an NL East title.
- Mets gear up to face 'those 2 animals' at Dodger Stadium Updated: Oct-07-15 6:43 pm
NEW YORK - Michael Cuddyer and the New York Mets are well aware of the challenge ahead.
- Harvey on time, Collins a cutup and mollified Mets off to LA Updated: Oct-07-15 5:26 pm
NEW YORK - With a gaggle of watchful reporters waiting outside the Mets dugout and a row of photographers kneeling in position, Matt Harvey hopped up the steps and onto the field at exactly 10 a.m.
- No Ordinary Joe, Cubs' Maddon might be MLB's best skipper Updated: Oct-07-15 2:19 am
CHICAGO - Everyone expected some zaniness when Joe Maddon came to town.
- Harvey misses Mets' workout, apologizes after late arrival Updated: Oct-06-15 6:45 pm
NEW YORK - Matt Harvey is off to a horrendous start in his first postseason.
- Playoff Push: Kershaw aims at redemption, stars set to debut Updated: Oct-05-15 8:13 am
The Major League Baseball playoffs begin this week, starting Tuesday night with the American League wild-card game at Yankee Stadium.
- Former Mets star Staub had heart attack on plane, recovering Updated: Oct-03-15 12:03 pm
NEW YORK - The New York Mets say former star Rusty Staub is recovering in a hospital in Ireland after a heart attack on an overseas flight.
- Padres lose to Dodgers 6-2; fall to 35-44 on road Updated: Oct-03-15 2:03 am
- Dodgers beat Padres 6-2 to gain on Mets for home-field Updated: Oct-03-15 1:36 am
LOS ANGELES - There's something about Dodger Stadium that makes Alex Wood pitch especially well.
- Matz's back injury could cost him Division Series start Updated: Oct-03-15 12:50 am
- Hurricane Joaquin could cause havoc with MLB playoff picture Updated: Oct-02-15 4:38 am
Adrian Beltre, Carlos Correa or Andrew McCutchen certainly might deliver a big hit this weekend to improve their team's playoff position.
- Eickhoff dominates Mets, Phillies win 3-0 Updated: Oct-01-15 7:06 pm
PHILADELPHIA - The New York Mets are going home and hoping to stay there for a while.
- Mets reliever Robles suspended for 3 games for high pitch Updated: Oct-01-15 4:44 pm
NEW YORK - New York Mets reliever Hansel Robles has been suspended for three games for throwing near the head of a batter after both teams had been warned.
- Eickhoff strikes out 10 Mets as Phillies win 3-0 Updated: Oct-01-15 3:43 pm
PHILADELPHIA - Jerad Eickhoff pumped his fist and pounded his glove after his final pitch to finish off an impressive rookie season.
- Dodgers finally secure third straight NL West crown Updated: Sep-30-15 10:26 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - Andrew Friedman arrived at Chavez Ravine last October and built the big-spending Dodgers' $285 million roster to win championships, not merely division titles.
- Mets slugger Cespedes hit in hand by pitch, fingers bruised Updated: Sep-30-15 10:18 pm
PHILADELPHIA - New York Mets slugger Yoenis Cespedes was bruised on two fingers of his left hand after being hit by a pitch Wednesday night against the Phillies.
- Mets rookie Steven Matz scratched from Thursday start Updated: Sep-30-15 9:00 pm
PHILADELPHIA - New York Mets rookie left-hander Steven Matz has been scratched from his scheduled start on Thursday against the Philadelphia Phillies because of a back injury, putting his playoff availability in question.
- Tampa Bay Rays owner Stuart Sternberg still a Mets fan Updated: Sep-30-15 12:34 pm
- Road streak ends as Mets fall to Phillies 4-3 Updated: Sep-29-15 10:48 pm
PHILADELPHIA - Put an asterisk next to this road loss for the New York Mets because it looked more like a home game with so many fans wearing blue-and-orange screaming "Let's Go Mets!"
- DeGrom, NL East champion Mets finish season sweep of Reds Updated: Sep-27-15 5:06 pm
CINCINNATI - Skipping a start did wonders for Jacob deGrom.
- Mets unsure whether Uribe will be available for postseason Updated: Sep-26-15 3:46 pm
CINCINNATI - Infielder Juan Uribe might not be available to the Mets early in the playoffs - if they get that far - because of an injury involving his chest cartilage.
- Sore wrist doesn't stop Braves' Freeman from driving in 5 Updated: Sep-24-15 12:43 am
NEW YORK - Freddie Freeman's right wrist looked just fine.
- Freeman drives in 5 runs off bench, Braves stun Mets 6-3 Updated: Sep-23-15 11:46 pm
NEW YORK - David Wright had nothing to say to his friend Freddie Freeman as the Braves' slugger rounded the bases in the ninth inning.
- Goodbye Yogi: Remembering Berra's glory years from afar Updated: Sep-23-15 7:34 pm
LONDON - The death of Yogi Berra means little to most in Britain, where baseball is widely seen as a stand-around, action-free imitation of cricket favored by the colonials for reasons that are impossible to comprehend.