- Harvey's winless streak hits 5 starts, Mets fall to Marlins Updated: May-29-15 10:53 pm
- Bour hits 3-run HR, leads Haren, Marlins over Harvey, Mets Updated: May-29-15 10:25 pm
NEW YORK - More and more, Justin Bour is blossoming into the kind of hitter that Dan Jennings and the Miami Marlins hoped he would become.
- Syndergaard dazzles with bat and glove, Mets sweep Phillies Updated: May-27-15 9:58 pm
NEW YORK - Noah Syndergaard took care of birthday gifts for his dad and manager with one scintillating start.
- Bullpen falters later, Marlins swept by Pirates in 5-2 loss Updated: May-27-15 5:43 pm
- Mets 3B Wright sent to California to see back specialist Updated: May-25-15 7:14 pm
NEW YORK - Hoping David Wright can find "magic fingers somewhere in California" to cure the Mets captain's ailing back, New York general manager Sandy Alderson has sent the third baseman across the country to work with the staff of specialist Dr. Robert Watkins.
- Odd-man in: Mets go to 6-man rotation to cut innings Updated: May-25-15 3:14 pm
NEW YORK - Mets manager Terry Collins called his starting pitchers into his office last weekend to talk numbers - as in six-man rotation.
- The Astros, the Royals and different ways to win Updated: May-25-15 3:08 am
During a 20-batter stretch in Sunday's victory at Detroit, every hitter for the Houston Astros either reached base or struck out.
- Liriano strikes out 12, Pirates sweep Mets Updated: May-24-15 5:41 pm
PITTSBURGH - Francisco Liriano kept up Pittsburgh's strikeout parade, fanning 12 as the Pirates beat the New York Mets 9-1 Sunday for a three-game sweep.
- At 42, Bartolo Colon shines with guile and precision pitches Updated: May-23-15 5:33 pm
NEW YORK - Bartolo Colon settled in a chair and threw a rubber ball against his black glove. He repeated the motion several times, then leaned back and threw the ball in the air, mimicking a fielding drill.
- Big days for deGrom, Duda lead Mets over Cardinals 5-0 Updated: May-22-15 12:57 am
NEW YORK - Jacob deGrom was simply overpowering. Almost perfect, too.
- Garcia goes 7 in return, but Cardinals lose 5-0 to Mets Updated: May-21-15 6:44 pm
- Mets bring up Ceciliani and cut Nieuwenhuis Updated: May-19-15 6:44 pm
NEW YORK - The Mets have cut reserve outfielder Kirk Nieuwenhuis, making room on the roster for hot-hitting minor leaguer Darrell Ceciliani.
- Syndergaard earns 1st big league win, Mets beat Brewers Updated: May-17-15 5:12 pm
NEW YORK - Even before Noah Syndergaard could talk about stamping his place in the majors, the prized Mets pitching prospect wanted to start with a statement: "I hope Gomez is OK."
- Brewers' Carlos Gomez hit in helmet by pitch, leaves game Updated: May-17-15 3:14 pm
- Flores hits slam as Mets bat top HR hitter 9th Updated: May-16-15 8:53 pm
NEW YORK - Terry Collins had a grand idea: He slotted the Mets' top home-run hitter ninth in the batting order for the first time in nearly a half-century.
- Cubs rally for 6-5 win, 4-game sweep of Mets Updated: May-14-15 6:56 pm
CHICAGO - The Chicago Cubs believe that no deficit is too big for them to overcome. They're starting to back up that belief with their play on the field.
- Mets' Lagares out of starting lineup for 2nd straight day Updated: May-13-15 6:50 pm
- Berra celebrates 90th with return of rings, trophies Updated: May-12-15 5:44 pm
LITTLE FALLS, New Jersey - As Yogi Berra might say, when you turn 90 you should celebrate it right the first time.
- Colon 1st in majors to 6 wins, Mets beat Phillies 7-4 Updated: May-10-15 6:50 pm
PHILADELPHIA - Bartolo Colon is getting better with age.
- Mets great Strawberry goes deep with stories of faith Updated: May-09-15 12:27 pm
BEAR, Delaware - On the night this year's New York Mets tried to top the 1986 team for the best start in franchise history, the star slugger from that era was again going deep.
- DeGrom strikes out 9, Mets beat Orioles 5-1 Updated: May-06-15 11:50 pm
NEW YORK - Apparently all Jacob deGrom needed were his curveball and changeup.
- Mets pay tribute to slain NYPD officer before game Updated: May-05-15 7:42 pm
NEW YORK - The New York Mets wore NYPD hats and held a moment of silence before Tuesday night's game against Baltimore to honor a police officer who was shot and killed this week while on duty.
- Fister pitches Nationals to 2nd straight 1-0 win over Mets Updated: May-03-15 5:48 pm
NEW YORK - That vaunted Washington rotation is starting to roll.