- Mets acquire reliever Tyler Clippard from Athletics Updated: Jul-27-15 10:38 pm
NEW YORK - The active New York Mets acquired first-rate reliever Tyler Clippard from Oakland for a minor league pitcher Monday, completing their second trade in four days and sending another signal they're serious about contending this year.
- Greinke's shutout streak ends, Mets beat Dodgers 3-2 in 10 Updated: Jul-26-15 8:14 pm
NEW YORK - Thanks to another exquisite performance from Jacob deGrom and a big hit by newcomer Juan Uribe, the New York Mets did more than just stop Zack Greinke's streak.
- Greinke's shutout streak over; Mets top Dodgers 3-2 in 10 Updated: Jul-26-15 8:09 pm
NEW YORK - Zack Greinke hit the Mets harder than they hit him. Still, his shutout streak is over.
- Johnson, Uribe join Mets, Collins says hot hitters will play Updated: Jul-25-15 7:38 pm
NEW YORK - Infielders Kelly Johnson and Juan Uribe joined the New York Mets on Saturday, and manager Terry Collins made it clear that anyone who hits will remain in the lineup.
- Dodgers call up Lee to make major league debut vs Mets Updated: Jul-25-15 6:12 pm
- Mets acquire Uribe, Johnson from Braves Updated: Jul-25-15 12:53 am
NEW YORK - The New York Mets acquired infielder Juan Uribe, infielder-outfielder Kelly Johnson and cash considerations from the Atlanta Braves on Friday night for minor league pitchers John Gant and Rob Whalen.
- Mets put Cuddyer on disabled list, promote prospect Conforto Updated: Jul-24-15 7:38 pm
NEW YORK - The New York Mets promoted top hitting prospect Michael Conforto from Double-A and put him in the starting lineup Friday night against the Los Angeles Dodgers.
- Dodgers put Greinke on paternity list, next start isn't set Updated: Jul-24-15 4:48 pm
NEW YORK - The Los Angeles Dodgers have put All-Star pitcher Zack Greinke on the paternity list after the birth of his first child.
- Meek Mets lineup no match for Dodgers' Kershaw in 3-0 loss Updated: Jul-23-15 11:35 pm
NEW YORK - With a cleanup hitter batting .170 and the guy behind him hitting only a little bit better, the New York Mets stood little chance against Clayton Kershaw.
- OF Cuddyer has knee re-examined, Mets hopeful for return Updated: Jul-23-15 10:36 pm
NEW YORK - New York left fielder Michael Cuddyer was re-examined by doctors Thursday and given a new medication for his aching left knee that the Mets hope will keep him off the disabled list.
- Greinke's shutout streak on hold for birth of 1st child Updated: Jul-23-15 10:27 pm
NEW YORK - Zack Greinke's shutout streak is on hold while the Los Angeles Dodgers ace and his wife await the birth of their first child.
- Dodgers' Kershaw loses perfect game bid in 7th vs Mets Updated: Jul-23-15 8:54 pm
- LEADING OFF: Kershaw's scoreless streak; Santana vs Angels Updated: Jul-22-15 8:42 pm
A look at what's happening all around the major leagues Thursday:
- Taylor, Espinosa lead Nationals' comeback over Mets Updated: Jul-22-15 5:33 pm
- Nationals promote Ross from Triple-A, rookie starts vs Mets Updated: Jul-21-15 5:20 pm
- Mets beat Cards in 18 innings despite stranding 25 runners Updated: Jul-19-15 10:59 pm
ST. LOUIS - The New York Mets left 25 men on base and went 1 for 26 with runners in scoring position. In the end, they still managed to pull out a win.
- Mets manager Terry Collins ejected in 7th inning Updated: Jul-17-15 10:12 pm
ST. LOUIS - Mets manager Terry Collins was ejected in the top of the seventh Friday night against the St. Louis Cardinals.
- Cardinals activate OF Holliday from 15-day DL Updated: Jul-17-15 7:12 pm
ST. LOUIS - The St. Louis Cardinals got a key bat back in the lineup, activating All-Star Matt Holliday from the 15-day disabled list.
- Pirates rally past Cardinals 6-5 in 10 innings Updated: Jul-13-15 1:14 am
- Nieuwenhuis hits 3 HR, Mets win 5-3, sweep DBacks Updated: Jul-12-15 5:56 pm
NEW YORK - Kirk Nieuwenhuis has learned not to take anything for granted, especially after the rollercoaster ride this season has been.
- Mets' OF Nieuwenhuis hits 3 homers in first 3 at-bats Updated: Jul-12-15 3:33 pm
NEW YORK - New York Mets outfielder Kirk Nieuwenhuis hit three homers in his first three at-bats, then struck out in the seventh inning during Sunday's game against the Arizona Diamondbacks.
- Mets rookie Matz has no regrets about pitching with injury Updated: Jul-10-15 9:38 pm
NEW YORK - Mets rookie Steven Matz insisted Friday he has no regrets about pitching with an achy muscle even though the injury turned out to be more serious than he thought.
- Mets rookie LHP Steven Matz sidelined with torn back muscle Updated: Jul-09-15 11:51 pm
NEW YORK - Mets pitcher Steven Matz has a partially torn muscle in his upper back that will sideline the impressive rookie at least a month - probably longer.
- Pollock, Diamondbacks top Rangers 7-4 in Harrison's return Updated: Jul-09-15 1:02 am
ARLINGTON, Texas - A.J. Pollock and the Arizona Diamondbacks are finally back to .500. Now they'll try to stay there before the first-time All-Star goes to Cincinnati.
- DeGrom pitches 8 shutout innings, Mets beat Giants 4-1 Updated: Jul-08-15 6:42 pm