- Mets say they are bringing up catcher Johnny Monell Updated: May-04-15 6:00 pm
NEW YORK - The Mets say they plan to put catcher Johnny Monell on the major league roster before Tuesday night's game against Baltimore.
- Mets waste another well-pitched game, lose 1-0 to Nats again Updated: May-03-15 6:26 pm
NEW YORK - Weekend series against Washington and its stingy starting rotation. Wrong time for the New York Mets to hit a serious slump at the plate.
- Rays lose 4-2 to Orioles to close relocated series Updated: May-03-15 5:59 pm
- Adam Jones has 4 hits, Orioles beat Rays 4-2 Updated: May-03-15 5:51 pm
ST. PETERSBURG, Florida - Adam Jones put the Baltimore Orioles' relocated homestand in perspective.
- Fister pitches Nationals to 2nd straight 1-0 win over Mets Updated: May-03-15 5:48 pm
NEW YORK - That vaunted Washington rotation is starting to roll.
- Scherzer nicked, Nationals lose to Harvey and Mets 4-0 Updated: May-01-15 11:18 pm
- Marlins top Mets 7-3, take series from NL East leaders Updated: Apr-29-15 11:03 pm
MIAMI - Ichiro Suzuki was trying to merely drive home an insurance run.
- Scherzer returning to Nationals' rotation Friday vs. Mets Updated: Apr-29-15 7:26 pm
- Mets, Astros, A-Rod highlight first month Updated: Apr-29-15 5:02 pm
From the Amazin' Mets to A-Rod smacking homers, it's been a wacky first month in the majors.
- Mistake-prone Mets lose 6-4 to Yanks in Subway Series finale Updated: Apr-27-15 1:29 am
NEW YORK - After a sensational start, the New York Mets made four errors Sunday night and reverted back to the shoddy brand of baseball that's led to six straight losing seasons.
- A-Rod hits No. 659, Yanks beat Mets 6-4 to win Subway Series Updated: Apr-27-15 12:50 am
NEW YORK - Alex Rodriguez is one big swing from matching Willie Mays. Whether the New York Yankees would celebrate that achievement - or pay for it, for that matter - remains to be seen.
- Yankees CF Jacoby Ellsbury sits out vs. Mets with sore hip Updated: Apr-26-15 7:42 pm
- Marlins beat Nationals 6-2 to complete 3-game sweep Updated: Apr-26-15 5:24 pm
MIAMI - Giancarlo Stanton needed all of his considerable strength to maintain a stoic expression after he overcame his own baserunning blunder by crawling back to third base.
- A-Rod, Yankees no match for Harvey in 8-2 loss to Mets Updated: Apr-25-15 9:18 pm
- Mets closer Parnell is shut down for week with sore forearm Updated: Apr-24-15 6:35 pm
NEW YORK - Mets closer Bobby Parnell's rehabilitation for Tommy John surgery has been halted for a week because of right forearm soreness.
- Mets win 11th straight to tie team record, 6-3 over Braves Updated: Apr-23-15 8:18 pm
NEW YORK - With a perfect ride through their first homestand, the surprising New York Mets matched the best start in team history.
- Yankees top Tigers 2-1 on McCann's RBI in 8th inning Updated: Apr-23-15 6:18 pm
DETROIT - It was 33 degrees for the start at Comerica Park, and that turned out to be perfect conditions for the pitchers.
- Rodriguez exceeds expectations, helps Yankees stay relevant Updated: Apr-23-15 6:01 pm
DETROIT - The New York Yankees missed the playoffs the last two years while saying goodbye to a pair of greats. Mediocrity - or, worse yet, irrelevance - was a very real possibility heading into 2015.
- Mets: Harvey has mild ankle sprain but will make next start Updated: Apr-23-15 1:36 am
NEW YORK - Mets ace Matt Harvey has a mild left ankle sprain but the team says he will make his next scheduled start Saturday at Yankee Stadium.
- d'Arnaud out more than 3 weeks, Blevins more than 6 weeks Updated: Apr-20-15 4:06 pm
NEW YORK - Mets catcher Travis d'Arnaud will be out more than three weeks and left-handed reliever Jerry Blevins will miss more than six weeks after both were injured in the seventh inning of a 7-6 win over Miami.
- New Packed Citi: Mets off to fast start despite injuries Updated: Apr-20-15 2:30 am
NEW YORK - One week of winning baseball from Matt Harvey and the Mets has created something new at Citi Field this season: noise.
- Harvey, banged-up Mets hold off Marlins 7-6 for 8th straight Updated: Apr-19-15 6:14 pm
NEW YORK - Travis d'Arnaud had his right hand in a blue cast. Jerry Blevins' left arm was in a sling. About the only thing not broken Sunday at Citi Field was the New York Mets' winning streak.
- Mets get HRs from d'Arnaud and Duda to sweep Phillies, 6-1 Updated: Apr-15-15 11:17 pm
NEW YORK - There was the home opener a couple of days ago. Matt Harvey's return to Citi Field. And then the first game since David Wright got hurt.
- Mets put 3B David Wright on 15-day DL, recall Eric Campbell Updated: Apr-15-15 7:36 pm
NEW YORK - Eight games into the season, David Wright is on the disabled list again.
- Mets LF Cuddyer hit on left hand by pitch; X-rays negative Updated: Apr-14-15 8:33 pm
NEW YORK - Mets cleanup hitter Michael Cuddyer has left New York's game against Philadelphia after getting hit by a pitch on the left hand.