- France relay team finally gets Olympic bronze medal Updated: Jul-04-15 2:08 pm
PARIS - Three years late, France's men got their 4x100-meter relay bronze medal from the London Olympics on Saturday, bumped up from fourth after the U.S. team was disqualified because of Tyson Gay's doping.
- Discovery secures European Olympic TV rights through 2024 Updated: Jun-29-15 10:15 am
LONDON - U.S.-based media giant Discovery Communications Inc. secured the European broadcast rights for four Olympics through 2024 on Monday in a landmark deal worth 1.3 billion euros ($1.45 billion).
- Serbia women win first EuroBasket title Updated: Jun-28-15 3:38 pm
Ana Dabovic scored 25 points and Sonja Petrovic added 22 to help Serbia beat France 76-68 on Sunday in the EuroBasket women championship game and qualify for next year's Olympics in Rio.
- Spurs take Serbian C Milutinov at No. 26 in draft Updated: Jun-26-15 12:56 am
SAN ANTONIO - Eighteen years to the day after selecting Tim Duncan, the San Antonio Spurs chose another former swimmer in the first round of the NBA draft.
- Allez Paris: French capital launches bid for 2024 Olympics Updated: Jun-23-15 12:27 pm
PARIS - Declaring they have learned from their past mistakes and failures, French officials launched a bid Tuesday to bring the Olympics to Paris in 2024 - 100 years after the games were last held in the city.
- Paris becomes 4th city to join race for 2024 Olympic Games Updated: Jun-23-15 9:33 am
PARIS - Paris declared its candidacy for the 2024 Olympics on Tuesday, becoming the fourth city to enter the race and setting out its vision for bringing the games back to the French capital for the first time in 100 years.
- Singing, dancing brotherhood lifting Philippines rugby Updated: Jun-08-15 5:18 am
SINGAPORE - Jolly Gomez devised a unique benchmark for recruiting overseas-born players for the Philippines: If you can remember your mother forcing you to get up and sing in front of the family, you're in.