- Olympic qualifying draw sets up possible US-Canada final Updated: Nov-23-15 6:18 pm
The World Cup-champion U.S. women's national team will face Costa Rica to open the eight-team CONCACAF Olympic qualifying tournament in February.
- Russia reveals thwarted 'hand cream' bombing before Sochi Updated: Nov-16-15 9:58 am
MOSCOW - A senior Russian official on Monday revealed the thwarting of a possible attack before the 2014 Winter Olympics in Sochi, saying female suicide bombers had planned to smuggle explosives onto an aircraft in hand cream.
- IOC's Bach confident in Rio security after Paris attacks Updated: Nov-15-15 4:35 pm
LONDON - IOC President Thomas Bach expressed confidence Sunday in the ability of Brazilian authorities to protect next year's Olympics in Rio de Janeiro in the wake of the deadly terrorist attacks in Paris.
- French players work through heavy hearts after Paris attacks Updated: Nov-14-15 8:38 pm
TORONTO - Pelicans center Alexis Ajinca admitted he had a hard time focusing on basketball Friday night.
- Russia, track & field to be targeted in Pound's WADA report Updated: Nov-08-15 11:42 am
GENEVA - A World Anti-Doping Agency panel will deliver its findings Monday into allegations of extortion and cover-ups involving Russian doping - a report that one of the investigators said exposes "a whole different scale of corruption" from the FIFA scandal.
- Former IAAF head investigated in Russia doping probe Updated: Nov-04-15 12:54 pm
PARIS - In another blow to the credibility of a major sports federation, former IAAF President Lamine Diack has been placed under criminal investigation on suspicion of taking more than $1 million in bribes from Russia to cover up positive doping tests.