- Nadal wins Rio Open, Nara takes women's title Updated: Feb-23-14 7:16 pm
- CAS dismisses men's skicross appeal against France Updated: Feb-23-14 5:09 am
- Rock, classical, Broadway at Sochi gala skate Updated: Feb-22-14 2:47 pm
- Russia wins men's biathlon relay at Sochi Olympics Updated: Feb-22-14 2:43 pm
- Davis done at Sochi Games, sits out team pursuit Updated: Feb-22-14 8:21 am
- Bergsma boycotts Dutch pursuit team in final Updated: Feb-22-14 7:15 am
- South Korea protests women's figure skating result Updated: Feb-22-14 5:55 am
- Lueders proving mettle by leading Russia to medals Updated: Feb-21-14 6:43 am
- Bowman overcomes jitters to grab gold in halfpipe Updated: Feb-20-14 4:36 pm
- French sweep medals in skicross at Sochi Games Updated: Feb-20-14 9:45 am
- Norway wins gold medal in Nordic combined team Updated: Feb-20-14 9:08 am
- France arrives on Olympic Alpine scene Updated: Feb-19-14 11:39 am
- Ted Ligety wins GS for 2nd career Olympic gold Updated: Feb-19-14 11:20 am
- Svendsen wins gold in biathlon 15K mass start Updated: Feb-18-14 1:06 pm
- Graabak wins gold in Nordic combined large hill Updated: Feb-18-14 9:35 am
- Vaultier wins men's snowboardcross at Olympics Updated: Feb-18-14 6:48 am
- Frenzel ill but he'll try for 2nd Olympic gold Updated: Feb-18-14 12:52 am
- Davis, White of US win Olympic ice dance gold Updated: Feb-17-14 3:30 pm
- SOCHI SCENE: Biathletes back to bed Updated: Feb-17-14 5:37 am
- Holland looks to break through in snowboardcross Updated: Feb-16-14 5:21 pm
- Davis and White of US lead Olympic ice dancing Updated: Feb-16-14 4:07 pm
- Sweden wins men's cross-country relay in Sochi Updated: Feb-16-14 10:15 am
- Siblings give family feel to Sochi Olympics Updated: Feb-16-14 6:52 am
- Kostelic gets 3rd combined silver; Viletta wins Updated: Feb-14-14 12:58 pm
- 1st-time Olympic gold medalist likely Updated: Feb-13-14 6:24 pm
RIO DE JANEIRO - Rafael Nadal returned from a troublesome back injury to win the Rio Open on Sunday, defeating Alexandr Dolgopolov of Ukraine 6-3, 7-6 (3).
SOCHI, Russia - The Court of Arbitration for Sport has dismissed an appeal by Canada and Slovenia that tried to disqualify France after it swept the men's skicross race at the Olympics.
SOCHI, Russia - With the pressure off and no medals at stake, it was time for the Olympic figure skaters to have some fun.
KRASNAYA POLYANA, Russia - Russia made its fans wait for a biathlon gold medal until the last race of the Sochi Games.
SOCHI, Russia - Shani Davis is done skating at the Sochi Olympics.
SOCHI, Russia - Olympic champion Jorrit Bergsma is boycotting the Dutch pursuit team for Saturday's final because he has been used only as a substitute in the heats and feels excluded.
SOCHI, Russia - The South Korean Olympic Committee has protested the results of the women's figure skating competition, although the sport's international governing body said Saturday it has not yet received the letter.
KRASNAYA POLYANA, Russia - Pierre Lueders got to be part of the home team at the Vancouver Games, competing there as the undisputed star of Canadian bobsledding.
KRASNAYA POLYANA, Russia - Maddie Bowman entered the Olympic debut of women's halfpipe skiing the heavy favorite. Somebody forgot to tell her stomach.
KRASNAYA POLYANA, Russia - Just shy of an elegant and historic finish in a sport where both are in short supply, France's Jonathan Midol provided a comic reminder Thursday that in skicross, order comes from chaos, not the other way around.
KRASNAYA POLYANA, Russia - After failing to win a medal at the Vancouver Olympics, the country that spawned Nordic combined more than 125 years ago made quite a comeback in Sochi.
KRASNAYA POLYANA, Russia - Finally, France is on the Alpine medals table at the Sochi Olympics.
KRASNAYA POLYANA, Russia - This was the race Ted Ligety knew he should win.
KRASNAYA POLYANA, Russia - After doing everything right for nearly 15 kilometers, Norway's Emil Hegle Svendsen almost threw away his first biathlon gold medal at the Sochi Olympics in the final inches.
KRASNAYA POLYANA, Russia - It had been a long time coming for Norway, the birthplace of Nordic combined.
KRASNAYA POLYANA, Russia - Pierre Vaultier stood atop the podium, feeling no pain from a knee held together by little more than a brace and cheek-biting grit.
KRASNAYA POLYANA, Russia - Eric Frenzel has seven wins in 11 starts on the Nordic combined World Cup circuit this season, and backed that up with a gold medal in the normal hill last week at the Sochi Olympics.
SOCHI, Russia - Through 17 years of grueling practices, of defeats and victories, Meryl Davis and Charlie White insist they've never considered parting ways.
KRASNAYA POLYANA, Russia - Biathletes have seen their daily rhythm at the Sochi Games disturbed by the rescheduling of a race - a race that then didn't go ahead as planned.
KRASNAYA POLYANA, Russia - The celebration was in full force at the bottom of the hill.
SOCHI, Russia - Charlie White threw his arms in the air in celebration to try to describe how he'd felt Sunday morning.
KRASNAYA POLYANA, Russia - Marcus Hellner was so far ahead of his rivals heading in to the cross-country stadium that he had time to pick up a Swedish flag and wave it to the crowd as he cruised toward the finish line.
KRASNAYA GOLYANA, Russia - When Martin Fourcade won his first Olympic gold this week, the French biathlete got to celebrate in the finish area with the teammate he grew up trying to beat - older brother Simon.
KRASNAYA POLYANA, Russia - It's been said, cynically, that a runner-up is the first loser, and Alpine skier Ivica Kostelic is rather familiar with the expression.
SOCHI, Russia - Barring a shocking result in the free skate, a country will celebrate its first men's Olympic gold medal in figure skating Friday night.