- UConn and Syracuse agree to renew football rivalry Updated: May-21-15 3:23 pm
STORRS, Connecticut - Former Big East rivals UConn and Syracuse have announced an agreement to play a home-and-home football series.
- Clemson dismisses defensive end Ogundeko following arrest Updated: May-20-15 3:57 pm
CLEMSON, South Carolina - Clemson backup defensive end Ebenezer Ogundeko has been dismissed from the football team after he was arrested and charged with financial transaction fraud for altering a credit card used to purchase gift cards.
- WR Johnson joins Clemson football Updated: May-20-15 2:54 pm
CLEMSON, South Carolina - Clemson has added receiver Denzel Johnson to its football signees for next season.
- Rolle defends Winston, says Bowden wrong to criticize QB Updated: May-19-15 8:29 pm
WASHINGTON - Former Florida State star Myron Rolle says Bobby Bowden was wrong to say Seminoles supporters believe Jameis Winston was an embarrassment to the school.
- Ex-player charged in NC agent probe free on reduced bond Updated: May-19-15 7:40 pm
HILLSBOROUGH, North Carolina - A former college football player is free on a reduced bond after being charged with violating North Carolina's sports agent law that bars illegally luring collegiate athletes into contracts.
- Golson gets chance to replace Winston at Florida State Updated: May-19-15 6:51 pm
Everett Golson came oh-so close to beating Florida State with Notre Dame last year.
- Syracuse football bringing No. 44 out of retirement Updated: May-19-15 4:48 pm
ALBANY, New York - Syracuse is bringing back the football team's famed No. 44.
- Former Virginia starting QB Greyson Lambert to transfer Updated: May-16-15 4:20 pm
Former starting quarterback and co-captain Greyson Lambert is joining the run of prominent players transferring from Virginia.
- Speester Feaster wins 100, 200 state titles Updated: May-16-15 1:52 pm
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - Spartanburg High sprinter Tavien Feaster put on another speed show at the South Carolina track and field championships, sweeping the 100 and 200 meter dashes for a second straight year.
- As grad transfer is scrutinized, SEC might lock out Golson Updated: May-13-15 5:05 pm
Florida State? Interested. South Carolina? Not interested. Florida? Happy to be mentioned. Georgia? Well, the Bulldogs would rather not say.
- Fisher: Ex-Irish QB Golson, Florida State 'negotiating' Updated: May-12-15 6:17 pm
AMELIA ISLAND, Florida - Everett Golson has met with Florida State coach Jimbo Fisher about the possibility of the former Notre Dame quarterback transferring to the Seminoles.
- Former player arrested in NC sports agent probe Updated: May-12-15 3:39 pm
HILLSBOROUGH, North Carolina - A former college football player arrested and charged with acting as an agent and violating North Carolina's law that bars illegally luring collegiate athletes into contracts made his initial court appearance Tuesday.
- Clemson quarterback Watson on track for full recovery Updated: May-04-15 4:53 pm
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - Clemson quarterback Deshaun Watson believes he won't miss a beat despite sitting out all spring after knee ligament surgery. And the Tigers most dynamic player insists he'll return at full speed once he's cleared to cut loose this summer.
- Wofford brings Romero, Mance onto football staff Updated: May-01-15 6:11 am
SPARTANBURG, South Carolina - Wofford has added Terriers' Hall of Famer Dane Romero and ex-Clemson standout Brian Mance to its football staff.
- Shalala says she's thinking about Miami stadium options Updated: Apr-30-15 7:14 pm
CORAL GABLES, Florida - Even though she's leaving the University of Miami president's office, Donna Shalala is keeping her Hurricane season tickets.
- Syracuse begins recovery from dismal season with recruiting Updated: Apr-30-15 12:49 pm
Nothing much seemed to go right for Syracuse last season. If coach Scott Shafer isn't on cloud nine now, he's probably darn close.
- QB uncertainty abounds for ACC Atlantic Division teams Updated: Apr-28-15 2:05 pm
It was easy to spot all the quarterback uncertainty during the spring for Atlantic Division teams in the Atlantic Coast Conference.
- Spring practice marked by change in ACC Coastal Updated: Apr-27-15 4:15 pm
Plenty has changed around the Atlantic Coast Conference's Coastal Division in the past few months.
- Michael Brewer throws TD pass in Virginia Tech spring game Updated: Apr-25-15 4:51 pm
- Pittsburgh hires Scott Barnes as athletic director Updated: Apr-24-15 5:11 pm
PITTSBURGH - Scott Barnes spent a quarter century hopscotching across the western half of the United States from one college sports administration job to the next, building a reputation as a talented fundraiser who could generate off-field excitement and on-field results in places that didn't necessarily have a long track record of either.