- UNC reinstates suspended CB Simmons for 1st practice Updated: Aug-03-15 2:35 pm
CHAPEL HILL, North Carolina - North Carolina started preseason practice with suspended cornerback Malik Simmons returning to the team.
- Duke's Sirk hopes short-yardage experience helps as starter Updated: Aug-02-15 1:04 pm
DURHAM, North Carolina - Duke breaks in new starting quarterbacks by a year before giving them the job by inserting them into short-yardage situations.
- Miami signs 3 recruits to grant-in-aid agreements Updated: Aug-01-15 9:42 pm
CORAL GABLES, Florida - Miami signed prominent recruits Jack Allison, Shaquille Quarterman and Michael Pinckney to grant-in-aid agreements Saturday.
- Georgia Tech opens practice with high expectations Updated: Aug-01-15 6:51 pm
ATLANTA - Defensive tackle Adam Gotsis is pleased Georgia Tech is drawing some respect in preseason polls and rankings. If the Yellow Jackets live up to their own expectations, more accolades are on the way.
- Chizik returns to coaching to fix Tar Heels' woeful defense Updated: Jul-31-15 6:04 pm
CHAPEL HILL, North Carolina - Gene Chizik built one of the nation's top defenses as an Auburn assistant, worked as defensive coordinator during Texas' national-championship run then returned to the Tigers to win another title as head coach.
- Ohio State suspends Bosa, Marshall, 2 others for opener Updated: Jul-30-15 6:35 pm
CHICAGO - Ohio State will face one of its toughest tests of the season without its best defensive player and three talented receivers.
- At media days, star quarterbacks can be hard to find Updated: Jul-28-15 6:41 pm
The quarterback is usually the face of a football team. During conference media days, those faces are often difficult to find.
- Former Clemson defensive end Ogundeko arrested 2nd time Updated: Jul-28-15 5:12 pm
CLEMSON, South Carolina - Former Clemson defensive end Ebenezer Ogundeko has been arrested a second time in three months, charged last week with third degree assault and battery by the Oconee County Sheriff's Department.
- Syracuse dismisses senior Ashton Broyld from football team Updated: Jul-28-15 10:17 am
SYRACUSE, New York - Syracuse has dismissed Ashton Broyld from the football team for violating team policy.
- Pitt star receiver Boyd sentenced to probation for DUI Updated: Jul-24-15 6:48 pm
PITTSBURGH - Pittsburgh wide receiver Tyler Boyd entered a first-time offenders program Friday following his arrest for driving under the influence last month.
- UNC DB Simmons suspended from team activities Updated: Jul-24-15 4:41 pm
CHAPEL HILL, North Carolina - North Carolina senior cornerback Malik Simmons has been suspended indefinitely from all team activities.
- Pitt football player gets diversion program after DUI arrest Updated: Jul-24-15 12:05 pm
PITTSBURGH - A star football player at the University of Pittsburgh is entering a program designed for nonviolent, first-time offenders after being charged with driving under the influence.
- North Carolina man convicted in Clemson rock case damage Updated: Jul-23-15 8:27 pm
PICKENS, South Carolina - A North Carolina man has been convicted of malicious damage under $2,000 of the case that surrounds Clemson football's Howard's Rock.
- Clemson QB Watson eager for big season Updated: Jul-23-15 7:27 pm
MAULDIN, South Carolina - Clemson quarterback Deshaun Watson isn't focused on the praise and honors coming his way, no matter how high they pile up this offseason.
- Watson, Conner lead preseason all-ACC team Updated: Jul-23-15 1:11 pm
GREENSBORO, North Carolina - Clemson quarterback Deshaun Watson leads the all-Atlantic Coast Conference preseason team.
- Charlotte hopes to host more SC-NC football games Updated: Jul-23-15 8:05 am
CHARLOTTE, North Carolina - South Carolina and North Carolina open their college football seasons in Charlotte on Sept. 3 at the home of the Carolinas Panthers.
- Vandy WR Cunningham transfers to North Carolina Updated: Jul-22-15 10:20 pm
CHAPEL HILL, North Carolina - North Carolina is adding Vanderbilt transfer Jordan Cunningham.
- Miami, UNC, Virginia Tech look to get rolling again Updated: Jul-22-15 2:21 pm
PINEHURST, North Carolina - Some of the Atlantic Coast Conference's sleeping giants hope this is the year they return to prominence.
- Clemson, QB Watson earn preseason ACC awards Updated: Jul-21-15 12:59 pm
PINEHURST, North Carolina - Clemson coach Dabo Swinney hopes Deshaun Watson takes another step forward this season.
- FSU coach Jimbo Fisher says Seminoles working on problems Updated: Jul-21-15 12:03 pm
PINEHURST, North Carolina - With off-field issues overshadowing his program once again, Florida State coach Jimbo Fisher said Tuesday the Seminoles are "stepping up" their process of educating players about domestic violence and other issues.
- Tennessee, Georgia Tech to meet on first week of 2017 season Updated: Jul-20-15 10:33 am
ATLANTA - Tennessee and Georgia Tech will open their 2017 seasons by facing each other Sept. 4 in the Chick-fil-A Kickoff Game in Atlanta.
- Documents detail Hawkins' payments in UNC case Updated: Jul-19-15 7:23 pm
HILLSBOROUGH, North Carolina - Newly unsealed documents in the case of a former college football player charged with violating North Carolina's sports agent law suggest he funneled money to multiple Tar Heels players and set up meetings with agents and financial advisers trying to sign them to contracts.
- Duke adds Brooks Field to stadium name after $13M donation Updated: Jul-17-15 2:02 pm
DURHAM, North Carolina - Duke is renaming its football field after an alumnus and his wife who donated $13 million to the school's athletic department.
- Wake Forest QB Wolford sees bright future after tough 2014 Updated: Jul-17-15 11:08 am
WINSTON-SALEM, North Carolina - As a freshman at Wake Forest last year, quarterback John Wolford won the starting job.
- Law commission OKs changes to strengthen sports agent act Updated: Jul-15-15 6:27 pm
An organization that works to standardize state laws is strengthening an act that bars sports agents from illegally luring college athletes into contracts.