- Coach Fisher likes progress of No. 11 Seminoles' defense Updated: Oct-12-15 6:38 pm
TALLAHASSEE, Florida - While Florida State has been giving up yards and first downs its last two Atlantic Coast Conference games, the 11th-ranked Seminoles are still stingy when it comes to points.
- Coach blaming himself, players for Georgia Tech's slide Updated: Oct-12-15 5:17 pm
ATLANTA - It's gotten so bad for Georgia Tech that coach Paul Johnson can no longer count on his beloved spread option offense to run basic plays.
- Tar Heels aim to keep momentum from 4-1 start after bye Updated: Oct-12-15 2:57 pm
CHAPEL HILL, North Carolina - North Carolina carried plenty of momentum from a big win into a bye week. If the Tar Heels can maintain it, they'll be able to keep talking about contending for a division title.
- No. 11 Florida State not flashy but just keep winning Updated: Oct-11-15 5:04 pm
TALLAHASSEE, Florida - Florida State doesn't have the flashy offense of two years ago, when the Seminoles averaged 51.6 points en route to their third national championship.
- Kaaya throws 3 TD pass, but Miami falls to No. 12 Florida St Updated: Oct-11-15 1:48 am
TALLAHASSEE, Florida - Dalvin Cook and Florida State left Brad Kaaya and Miami behind again.
- Cook runs for 222 yards, No. 12 Florida State beats Miami Updated: Oct-11-15 1:19 am
TALLAHASSEE, Florida - Dalvin Cook was in doubt for Florida State's game against Miami for most of the week because of a hamstring injury. He ended up with the Seminoles' highest-rushing total ever in the in-state series.
- Mack, Flowers led South Florida past Syracuse 45-24 Updated: Oct-10-15 9:54 pm
TAMPA, Florida - TAMPA, Florida - South Florida finally has a victory that suggests the Bulls are headed in the right direction under coach Willie Taggart.
- Georgia Tech stifled by No. 6 Clemson for 4th straight loss Updated: Oct-10-15 8:45 pm
CLEMSON, South Carolina - Georgia Tech coach Paul Johnson wasn't sure where to start with his team's offensive problems, much less how to begin fixing them.
- BC fails badly at end; loses to Wake Forest 3-0 Updated: Oct-10-15 8:41 pm
BOSTON - Boston College really botched this one.
- No. 6 Clemson keeps momentum in 43-24 win over Georgia Tech Updated: Oct-10-15 8:17 pm
CLEMSON, South Carolina - No. 6 Clemson is out to show its old reputation is a thing of the past. The Tigers hope a win over Georgia Tech on Saturday helped them build their case.
- Wake Forest hangs on for 3-0 win over BC Updated: Oct-10-15 7:09 pm
BOSTON - Mike Weaver kicked a 25-yard field goal after Wake Forest forced a turnover deep in Boston College's territory in the third quarter, and the Demon Deacons held on for a 3-0 victory Saturday.
- Errant pitches doom Army in 44-3 home loss to Duke Updated: Oct-10-15 6:14 pm
WEST POINT, New York - Army had suffered through four losses by a combined 16 points this season, a sign of hope for a team that's been down for too long. A lopsided loss isn't likely to deter the resolve of the Black Knights.
- Late rally comes up short as Virginia falls to Pitt 26-19 Updated: Oct-10-15 6:02 pm
PITTSBURGH - Given two weeks to recover from an embarrassingly one-sided home loss to Boise State, Virginia coach Mike London praised his players for spending extra time in the film room in hopes of breaking out of an early season funk in danger of becoming something far worse.
- Pittsburgh holds off Virginia 26-19 Updated: Oct-10-15 5:34 pm
PITTSBURGH - The sense of foreboding was unmistakable. A long completion. A once seemingly safe lead in serious peril.
- Duke defense stifles mistake-prone Army in 44-3 win Updated: Oct-10-15 5:19 pm
WEST POINT, New York - Duke is in rarefied air after a convincing victory over Army. The task for coach David Cutcliffe is to keep it going.
- Doeren disappointed as Wolfpack fades after fast start Updated: Oct-10-15 12:48 am
BLACKSBURG, Virginia - A fast start had North Carolina State feeling good at Lane Stadium on Friday night.
- Hokies end 2-game skid with 28-13 victory over Wolfpack Updated: Oct-10-15 12:29 am
BLACKSBURG, Virginia - Brenden Motley and Isaiah Ford had apparently heard enough about how missed opportunities had put Virginia Tech in a hole.
- Florida State's Cook, Miami's Yearby ex-teammates now rivals Updated: Oct-08-15 5:44 pm
TALLAHASSEE, Florida - When Dalvin Cook and Joseph Yearby played together in the same backfield at Miami Central High School, their coach's first goal wasn't trying to distribute carries but to make sure there wasn't a rivalry between the two.
- Georgia Tech-Clemson Preview Capsule Updated: Oct-08-15 4:30 pm
Georgia Tech (2-3, 0-2 ACC) at No. 6 Clemson (4-0, 1-0), 3:30 p.m. (ABC/ESPN2)
- Fresh from a bye week, Syracuse readies for South Florida Updated: Oct-08-15 2:05 pm
It's been nearly three weeks since Syracuse freshman quarterback Eric Dungey was knocked out of a game with a head injury and more than a month since hybrid back Ervin Philips departed with a knee injury.
- No. 6 Clemson's rising defense aiming to be best once again Updated: Oct-08-15 1:37 pm
CLEMSON, South Carolina - Safety Jayron Kearse had a quick assessment for those doubting No. 6 Clemson's defensive strength.
- Miami-Florida State Preview Capsule Updated: Oct-08-15 12:01 pm
Miami (3-1) at No. 12 Florida State (4-0, 2-0 Atlantic Coast Conference), 8 p.m. (ABC)
- Renewal of Miami-Florida State rivalry marks Week 6 in ACC Updated: Oct-08-15 4:01 am
A look at things to watch in the Atlantic Coast Conference for Week 6:
- Kickers well aware of history of Florida State-Miami series Updated: Oct-08-15 2:11 am
TALLAHASSEE, Florida - In a rivalry that is defined by kickers more than any other in college football, Roberto Aguayo used a miss to fuel his love for Florida State and kicking.
- ACC's medical observers another set of eyes to spot injury Updated: Oct-07-15 2:41 pm
When the Atlantic Coast Conference announced a new policy requiring medical observers at every game this season, Syracuse's Brad Pike was hesitant, unsure how it would work.