- Sophomore quarterback Nick Johns to transfer from Virginia Updated: May-05-16 1:38 pm
CHARLOTTESVILLE, Virginia - Sophomore quarterback Nick Johns says he is transferring from Virginia.
- Clemson offense set to step forward, led by Deshaun Watson Updated: May-04-16 3:19 pm
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - Clemson's defense made a strong impression on the NFL with seven players selected in last week's draft. Next season, it looks like Tigers offensive stars led by quarterback Deshaun Watson will take center stage when pro teams come calling.
- 2016 Russell Athletic Bowl date announced Updated: May-04-16 1:43 pm
ORLANDO, Florida - The 2016 Russell Athletic Bowl will be played Dec. 28 at the recently renamed Camping World Stadium, Citrus Sports officials announced Wednesday.
- Former East Carolina coach rejuvenated by job at Virginia Updated: May-03-16 6:05 pm
CHARLOTTESVILLE, Virginia - Ruffin McNeill no longer commands the corner office where the head coach can wow recruits and their parents with polished wood paneling decor, highlight films playing on a big screen and other signs of the trappings of playing football at his university.
- 3 new coaches adds twist to topsy-turvy ACC Coastal Division Updated: Apr-26-16 4:45 pm
CHAPEL HILL, North Carolina - The Atlantic Coast Conference's Coastal Division has been unpredictable for years. And it's not looking like they'll be much difference next season after spring practices.
- Florida, Miami agree to renew football rivalry in 2019 Updated: Apr-26-16 3:29 pm
GAINESVILLE, Florida - Florida and Miami will renew their rivalry in Orlando.
- Hokies indefinitely suspend Alexander, Gaines after arrests Updated: Apr-26-16 2:19 pm
BLACKSBURG, Virginia - Virginia Tech has indefinitely suspended starting cornerback Adonis Alexander and defensive end Houshun Gaines after both were arrested on drug charges.
- Former Georgia 2-sport star Zippy Morocco dead at 86 Updated: Apr-25-16 6:50 pm
ATHENS, Georgia - Anthony "Zippy" Morocco, the University of Georgia's first basketball All-American and one of the school's most accomplished return specialists in football, has died. He was 86.
- Offense a priority this spring for ACC's Atlantic Division Updated: Apr-25-16 12:27 pm
RALEIGH, North Carolina - Some teams in the ACC's Atlantic Division kept their offenses humming this spring.
- Miami suspends RB Mark Walton after DUI arrest Updated: Apr-23-16 10:49 pm
CORAL GABLES, Florida - Miami running back Mark Walton was arrested Saturday on suspicion of driving under the influence and driving with a suspended license, leading the Hurricanes to suspend him from the team indefinitely.
- No surprise: UNC names Trubisky as starting QB for opener Updated: Apr-22-16 1:15 pm
CHAPEL HILL, North Carolina - North Carolina coach Larry Fedora has named Mitch Trubisky as starting quarterback for the opener against Georgia.
- New phrases just the start of Mendenhall era at Virginia Updated: Apr-20-16 7:46 pm
New Virginia football coach Bronco Mendenhall is changing the way the Cavaliers approach the game, one phrase at a time.
- Georgia Tech's Roof: DE KeShun Freeman can be even better Updated: Apr-20-16 2:41 pm
ATLANTA - Third-year defensive end KeShun Freeman is taking nothing for granted heading into Georgia Tech's spring scrimmage Saturday.
- NC State schedules games with Texas Tech, Vandy, UConn Updated: Apr-19-16 12:52 pm
RALEIGH, North Carolina - North Carolina State has added three future home-and-home series with FBS opponents.
- Ex-Syracuse player pleads not guilty to stabbing 2 players Updated: Apr-18-16 12:05 pm
SYRACUSE, New York - A former Syracuse University football player has pleaded not guilty to stabbing two current Orange players with a pocket knife.
- Pittsburgh caps second spring under Narduzzi Updated: Apr-16-16 8:46 pm
PITTSBURGH - Year Two under Pat Narduzzi officially began in March. Narduzzi's goal for his team the second time around was the same as it was when he took over in 2015: become three percent better every day.
- Tar Heels aim to build on defensive turnaround from 2015 Updated: Apr-16-16 6:57 pm
CHAPEL HILL, North Carolina - A year ago, North Carolina's defense was just trying to get down the basics of Gene Chizik's scheme coming out of spring drills.
- Syracuse football star Floyd Little to get honorary degree Updated: Apr-16-16 8:33 am
SYRACUSE, New York - Three-time All-American running back Floyd Little is being honored by his alma mater.
- Louisville, Petrino agree on 7-year, $30.625 million deal Updated: Apr-14-16 3:33 pm
LOUISVILLE, Kentucky - Louisville coach Bobby Petrino believes his new contract will help him with recruiting because now potential players know he's committed to the Cardinals.
- Johnson still trying to piece together offensive depth chart Updated: Apr-14-16 3:18 pm
ATLANTA - Georgia Tech began spring practice with nine starters returning on offense.
- Trump baffles with question about late ex-Penn State coach Updated: Apr-14-16 10:09 am
PITTSBURGH - Donald Trump was showing off his knowledge of all things Pennsylvania during a Pittsburgh rally Wednesday night when he asked a baffling question - about Penn State's famed football coach.
- NCAA championship football game in Glendale had $274M impact Updated: Apr-14-16 5:53 am
PHOENIX - College football's national championship game in Glendale earlier this year had a $274 million impact on Arizona's economy.
- Clemson's Swinney gets $1.1 million raise in new 6-year deal Updated: Apr-12-16 12:02 pm
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - Clemson coach Dabo Swinney received a $1.1 million raise for next season in his reworked contract with the school.
- QB Watson wows at his first Clemson spring game Updated: Apr-09-16 6:23 pm
CLEMSON, South Carolina - Clemson quarterback Deshaun Watson dazzled once more, even in a game that didn't count.
- Drinkwitz wants Wolfpack to build off spring in new offense Updated: Apr-09-16 4:46 pm
RALEIGH, North Carolina - North Carolina State spent the spring installing a control-the-tempo attack, then drilling itself on the basics over and over again.