- Cavs center Mozgov has arthroscopic knee surgery Updated: Jul-02-15 6:55 pm
CLEVELAND - Cleveland Cavaliers center Timofey Mozgov has undergone successful right knee arthroscopic surgery and the team says he'll be out about six weeks.
- Cavaliers break the bank on Day 1 of free agency Updated: Jul-01-15 9:03 pm
Cleveland Cavaliers owner Dan Gilbert promised LeBron James he would do whatever it took financially to surround him with a team capable of ending the city's 51-year championship drought.
- AP Source: Cavs bring back Shumpert for 4 years, $40 million Updated: Jul-01-15 8:27 pm
A person with knowledge of the situation tells The Associated Press that Iman Shumpert has agreed to terms on a four-year, $40 million contract that will keep him in Cleveland.
- Cavs give offers to Thompson, Dellavedova, Shumpert Updated: Jun-30-15 5:30 pm
CLEVELAND - Tristan Thompson, Matthew Dellavedova and Iman Shumpert all received qualifying offers from Cleveland on Tuesday, meaning the Cavaliers can match any offers those players get from other clubs this summer.
- Stephen Curry overtakes LeBron James for NBA's top jersey Updated: Jun-30-15 2:54 pm
OAKLAND, California - Stephen Curry has surpassed LeBron James for the most popular jersey in the NBA.
- AP Source: LeBron James bypasses option, becomes free agent Updated: Jun-28-15 6:30 pm
For the third time in six seasons, LeBron James is an unrestricted free agent.
- Cavaliers make draft deal, learn J.R. Smith now a free agent Updated: Jun-26-15 1:38 am
INDEPENDENCE, Ohio - Not only did the Cavaliers not pick first in the NBA draft, they traded their only first-rounder this year.
- Timberwolves acquire hometown kid Jones from Cavs Updated: Jun-26-15 12:23 am
- Cavs select St. John's guard Sir'Dominic Pointer in draft Updated: Jun-26-15 12:22 am
INDEPENDENCE, Ohio - The Cleveland Cavaliers selected St. John's swingman Sir'Dominic Pointer with the No. 53 pick in the NBA draft, the team's third pick of the second round.
- Cavs get rights to Syracuse's Rakeem Christmas in 2nd round Updated: Jun-25-15 11:36 pm
INDEPENDENCE, Ohio - The Cleveland Cavaliers acquired the rights to Syracuse forward Rakeem Christmas following a trade with Minnesota in the NBA draft.
- Cavaliers acquire rights to Turkey's Osman Updated: Jun-25-15 11:29 pm
INDEPENDENCE, Ohio - The Cleveland Cavaliers will get the rights to Turkish forward Cedi Osman after picking him No. 31 in the NBA draft with a selection acquired from Minnesota.
- Cavs coach says bond with LeBron 'more than meets the eye' Updated: Jun-18-15 7:52 pm
INDEPENDENCE, Ohio - Even after guiding a team wrecked by injuries to the NBA Finals in his first season, Cleveland Cavaliers coach David Blatt can't escape a narrative that's shadowed him for months.
- Warriors return to Bay Area as NBA champions Updated: Jun-17-15 8:14 pm
OAKLAND, California - Stephen Curry came off the plane, lifted the Larry O'Brien Trophy as he walked down the mobile staircase and let the gold award shine in the California sun.
- LeBron can't deliver title to Cleveland despite great effort Updated: Jun-17-15 1:29 pm
CLEVELAND - LeBron James pulled off his sunglasses, and there was no hiding the hurt in his eyes.
- Cavs fans must wait again for next year after finals loss Updated: Jun-17-15 2:06 am
CLEVELAND - Frustration and disappointment could be heard in the murmurs and shouts from Cleveland Cavaliers fans who watched the decisive Game 6 of the NBA finals until the bitter end in a plaza outside the city's downtown arena.
- Warriors win NBA title, down LeBron, Cavs 105-97 in Game 6 Updated: Jun-17-15 1:58 am
CLEVELAND - As the final seconds ticked off and the Warriors began bouncing in celebration on their bench, Stephen Curry looked up and saw LeBron James coming at him.
- The Latest: Warriors' Iguodala voted MVP of NBA Finals Updated: Jun-17-15 12:18 am
CLEVELAND - The Latest from Game 6 of the NBA Finals (all times local):
- Warriors get mad, get even with Cavaliers in NBA Finals Updated: Jun-12-15 3:24 pm
CLEVELAND - Weaving his way toward Golden State's locker room, where the Warriors were packing for home, Stephen Curry had to handle one last double-team.
- Cavs guard Dellavedova set for Game 4 after hospitalization Updated: Jun-11-15 12:46 pm
INDEPENDENCE, Ohio - Cavaliers guard Matthew Dellavedova says he's recovered after being hospitalized for dehydration and will not have his minutes restricted in Game 4 of the NBA Finals.
- LeBron, Cavs fighting fatigue, injuries in NBA Finals Updated: Jun-10-15 6:39 pm
CLEVELAND - His eyes were slits, barely open. LeBron James looked as if he could nod off at any second, drop his head on the table and take a much-deserved nap.
- Cavs point guard Irving calls kneecap injury 'a freak play' Updated: Jun-10-15 5:10 pm
CLEVELAND - Kyrie Irving doesn't regret a single move. Not playing on a sore knee, and not the one that ended his season.
- Cavs' Dellavedova out of hospital, ready for Game 4 Updated: Jun-10-15 3:48 pm
CLEVELAND - Matthew Dellavedova walked into the interview room double-fisted - with two cups of water.
- Curry can't shoot Warriors all the way back in Game 3 Updated: Jun-10-15 1:27 am
CLEVELAND - Stephen Curry nearly shot the Golden State Warriors from way behind into the lead in the NBA Finals.
- LeBron has Cleveland believing a championship is near Updated: Jun-08-15 1:21 pm
CLEVELAND - High above downtown, there's no visible evidence of a painful 51-year professional sports championship drought - the longest for any major U.S. city.
- Cavs guard Irving has surgery on broken kneecap Updated: Jun-06-15 4:22 pm
CLEVELAND - Kyrie Irving didn't waste a moment in starting his recovery for next season, rushing back from the NBA Finals to have surgery on his left knee.