- Wizards seek real homecourt advantage vs. Bulls Updated: Apr-24-14 6:21 pm
- Wizards beat Bulls 101-99 in OT to take 2-0 lead Updated: Apr-23-14 3:18 am
- Improved Gibson key for Bulls Updated: Apr-18-14 5:44 pm
- Bulls ready to start playoff push against Wizards Updated: Apr-17-14 4:51 pm
- Wizards' fast-moving John Wall makes playoff debut Updated: Apr-17-14 4:41 pm
- Wizards head to playoffs with win Updated: Apr-16-14 11:48 pm
- Wizards' coach Wittman finally makes the playoffs Updated: Apr-15-14 5:24 pm
- Heat lose 114-93 to Wizards; Pacers get top seed Updated: Apr-14-14 11:03 pm
- Jefferson leads Bobcats over 76ers 111-105 Updated: Apr-12-14 11:17 pm
- Wizards top Bucks 104-91, close to clinching 6th Updated: Apr-12-14 11:15 pm
- A look at the NBA playoff picture Updated: Apr-12-14 3:45 am
- Nene, Beal lead Wizards past Magic, 96-86 Updated: Apr-12-14 12:35 am
- Bobcats in 6th after 94-88 OT win over Wizards Updated: Apr-09-14 11:36 pm
- Nene to return Wednesday for Wizards vs. Bobcats Updated: Apr-08-14 3:56 pm
- Clifford expects F McRoberts back vs. Wizards Updated: Apr-08-14 2:09 pm
- Beal's jumper, Anthony's miscues help Wizards win Updated: Apr-05-14 12:24 am
- After long, losing road, Wizards are playoff-bound Updated: Apr-03-14 2:11 pm
- Wizards top Celtics 118-92 to clinch playoff berth Updated: Apr-02-14 11:05 pm
- Bobcats battle back to top Wizards 100-94 Updated: Mar-31-14 11:41 pm
- Bobcats C Jefferson gets 7 stitches above eye Updated: Mar-31-14 8:14 pm
- Wall, Wizards beat Hawks 101-97 Updated: Mar-30-14 12:11 am
- Wizards finally get better of Pacers in 91-78 win Updated: Mar-28-14 11:14 pm
- Meaningful games proving tough test for Wizards Updated: Mar-27-14 5:31 pm
- Dragic, Bledsoe help Suns top Wizards 99-93 Updated: Mar-26-14 11:08 pm
- Wizards SG Beal misses part of game with hurt hip Updated: Mar-26-14 8:41 pm
WASHINGTON - If empty seats are any indication, the Washington Wizards are just as big of a surprise in their own city as they are to the rest of the NBA.
CHICAGO - This one looked like it was slipping away from the Washington Wizards. Then, in a flash everything changed.
DEERFIELD, Illinois - Taj Gibson flashed back to the grueling workouts in the searing Southern California heat last summer.
CHICAGO - Lose a franchise player, trade away another star. Snag home-court advantage for at least one round in the playoffs?
WASHINGTON - John Wall talks as fast as he plays. That makes him entertaining to be around, even when the ball gets thrown out of bounds, or when the sentences come out a bit funky.
BOSTON - Bradley Beal stood at his locker near the middle of a noisy Washington locker room and expressed a thought that Wizards' players haven't felt for a few years.
WASHINGTON - No one in NBA history has coached more games with less success than Randy Wittman.
WASHINGTON - LeBron James' only visible significant role was that of postgame heckler, interrupting Michael Beasley's interview amid a loose, upbeat locker room that normally wouldn't jibe with a 21-point loss - or throwing in a towel in the race for a No. 1 seed.
CHARLOTTE, North Carolina - Steve Clifford isn't exactly singing his team's praises after the Bobcats won for the sixth time in seven games.
WASHINGTON - For all their flaws, the Washington Wizards had no business whatsoever losing to the Milwaukee Bucks - especially after Brandon Knight was scratched with a sore right hip seconds before tipoff.
A look at where things stand in the NBA playoff picture, with five days remaining in the regular season:
ORLANDO, Florida - Back in the playoffs for the first time since 2008, the Washington Wizards aren't sure if seeding matters.
WASHINGTON - The Charlotte Bobcats have leapfrogged another team, increasing the odds that their return to the playoffs won't be a token appearance.
WASHINGTON - Washington Wizards forward Nene plans to ease himself back when he returns Wednesday from a knee injury.
NEW YORK - Carmelo Anthony kept losing the ball all night long, and now the New York Knicks have lost their hold on eighth place in the Eastern Conference playoff race.
WASHINGTON - Sure, it was easy for the Washington Wizards to say they were going to rebuild their team the "right way," using the draft to restock the roster and doing a lot of losing before, hopefully, getting back to at least a little bit of winning.
WASHINGTON - John Wall was waving his towel as time expired. He joined his teammates at center court and did a little dance in the middle of a celebratory huddle. He gave Bradley Beal a bear hug from behind and also hugged and thanked coach Randy Wittman.
CHARLOTTE, North Carolina - Al Jefferson laughed when told he finished three stitches shy of a triple-double.
CHARLOTTE, North Carolina - The Bobcats say center Al Jefferson had seven stitches above his right eye after taking an elbow to the head.
WASHINGTON - Just when it appeared that the intensity of a playoff run was getting to be too much for the Washington Wizards, they pull off a solid win over the Indiana Pacers.
WASHINGTON - The Washington Wizards aren't used to playing meaningful games this late in the season, and it's starting to show.
WASHINGTON - With the NBA regular season in the final stretch, Eric Bledsoe and Goran Dragic are pushing the Phoenix Suns in the right direction, with a five-game winning streak keeping them in the Western Conference playoff chase.
WASHINGTON - Shooting guard Bradley Beal missed the end of the first half and beginning of the second of the Washington Wizards' game against the Phoenix Suns on Wednesday night with a right hip pointer.