- House approves buying English learner software Updated: Mar-06-14 8:22 pm
- Arizona House kills public notice newspaper bill Updated: Mar-06-14 7:06 pm
- Former Arizona House Speaker Joe Lane dies Updated: Mar-06-14 5:00 pm
- House passes bill limiting Medicaid to 5 years Updated: Mar-06-14 4:27 pm
- Arizona House bans cell phones for young drivers Updated: Mar-05-14 4:48 pm
- Arizona Senator says he is gay Updated: Mar-05-14 2:17 pm
- Senate approves ban on Common Core standards Updated: Mar-04-14 8:14 pm
- Arizona House OKs abortion clinic inspection bill Updated: Mar-04-14 8:05 pm
- Correction: Mexican Wolves story Updated: Mar-04-14 6:16 pm
- Arizona House OK limiting access to autopsy photos Updated: Mar-04-14 5:02 pm
- Change makes voucher expansion plan even bigger Updated: Mar-03-14 8:22 pm
- Arizona House approves bill funding big events Updated: Mar-03-14 7:14 pm
- House Yarnell Hill memorial site plan approved Updated: Mar-03-14 7:03 pm
- Arizona House approves religious tax breaks Updated: Mar-02-14 12:12 pm
- Bill allows Arizona cities to ignore federal rules Updated: Feb-27-14 7:44 pm
- Republican factions split over Arizona bill Updated: Feb-27-14 5:38 pm
- Arizona governor signs elections overhaul repeal Updated: Feb-27-14 4:52 pm
- Bill protects cities from catastrophic death costs Updated: Feb-27-14 4:42 pm
- House committee approves new public records fee Updated: Feb-26-14 9:45 pm
- Push to arm Arizona teachers approved in hearing Updated: Feb-26-14 9:28 pm
- US eyes push against anti-gay laws worldwide Updated: Feb-26-14 8:02 pm
- Ohio bill on religion, gay rights is withdrawn Updated: Feb-26-14 5:08 pm
- W.Va. House clears abortion ban after 20 weeks Updated: Feb-25-14 10:07 pm
- Oklahoma gay discrimination bill being redrafted Updated: Feb-25-14 6:43 pm
- Bill making smugglers eligible for death passes Updated: Feb-25-14 6:22 pm
PHOENIX - The Arizona House has approved a plan to spend millions on a software program schools will use to teach children who don't speak English as their primary language.
PHOENIX - The Arizona House of Representatives has voted down a bill that would revoke a requirement that corporate public notices be published in newspapers.
PHOENIX - Former Arizona House Speaker Joe Lane, who presided over the 1988 impeachment of Gov. Evan Mecham, has died at age 78.
PHOENIX - A watered-down proposal by Republican Speaker Andy Tobin that would force Medicaid recipients to get a job and limit some to a maximum of five years of insurance was approved Thursday by the Arizona House of Representatives, despite Democratic objections that it would kick people in need off the health insurance program.
PHOENIX - Teenage drivers in Arizona would be banned from using cellphones on the road the first six months they hold their license under a bill approved by the Arizona House.
PHOENIX - Veteran Arizona legislator Sen. Steve Gallardo has come out as gay.
PHOENIX - An Arizona bill that would prohibit the state from using a set of educational standards known across the U.S. as Common Core has received initial approval.
PHOENIX - A bill allowing warrantless, surprise inspections at Arizona abortion clinics was approved along party lines by the Republican-controlled state House of Representatives on Tuesday.
PHOENIX - In a story Feb. 24 about an Arizona bill allowing ranchers to kill Mexican wolves, The Associated Press erroneously reported the number of wolves in Arizona and New Mexico as 33. The correct number of wolves in Arizona and New Mexico is 83.
PHOENIX - The Arizona House of Representatives has approved a bill that would ban the release of autopsy photos without a court order.
PHOENIX - The sponsor of a bill that would vastly expand the state's school voucher program introduced an amendment Monday that would make it even bigger by allowing students from most Arizona schools to enroll.
PHOENIX - The Arizona House of Representatives gave initial approval on Monday to a bill that would require the state to reimburse the city of Glendale for some public safety expenses following next year's Super Bowl.
PHOENIX - The Arizona House of Representatives has given initial approval to a bill setting aside $500,000 to create a memorial site honoring the 19 Granite Mountain Hotshots who died in the Yarnell Hill Fire last year.
PHOENIX - A change of heart for three key Arizona Republicans led to the passage of a bill that grants tax breaks to property owners who lease space to churches.
PHOENIX - The Arizona House has given initial approval to a bill allowing local towns and cities to override the federal government and access federal land during emergencies.
PHOENIX - Gov. Jan Brewer's veto of a bill allowing businesses to refuse service to gays exposed a fracture within the Republican Party between social conservatives and the GOP's pro-business wing, a split that Democrats hope to turn into a midterm election campaign issue.
PHOENIX - Arizona Gov. Jan Brewer on Thursday signed a bill repealing a 2013 elections overhaul by Republicans that left voter-rights groups incensed and led to a petition drive that put the law on hold and referred it to voters.
PHOENIX - The Arizona House has unanimously approved a bill that would protect cities and towns from large insurance liabilities in the case of a disaster that results in the death or serious injury of a public safety employee.
PHOENIX - An Arizona House committee has approved a bill that would impose new fees for access to public records.
PHOENIX - Another attempt to arm classroom teachers in Arizona as a way to protect students in the event of a mass shooting is making its way through the state Legislature.
WASHINGTON - Troubled by an anti-gay movement in Uganda and across much of the world, the U.S. is launching a new effort to combat what Secretary of State John Kerry described Wednesday as a threat to human rights.
COLUMBUS, Ohio - State lawmakers in Ohio withdrew legislation Wednesday that mirrors an Arizona bill that's come under fire for protecting those who assert their religious beliefs in refusing service to gays.
CHARLESTON, West Virginia - Abortion in West Virginia would be illegal after 20 weeks of pregnancy under a bill passed Tuesday by West Virginia's House of Delegates.
OKLAHOMA CITY - An Oklahoma bill that would allow business owners with strongly held religious beliefs to refuse service to gays will be rewritten and likely won't be considered in its current form this legislative session, the measure's House author said Tuesday.
PHOENIX - The Arizona House has approved a bill that would make human smugglers convicted of murder eligible for the death penalty.