- Senate to debate rideshare regulations Updated: Apr-18-14 6:58 pm
- Arizona House fails to expand school vouchers Updated: Apr-17-14 11:16 pm
- Brewer axes bill giving Tombstone fed land access Updated: Apr-17-14 9:40 pm
- Bill giving search, rescue groups legal cover axed Updated: Apr-17-14 9:37 pm
- Governor vetoes aggressive panhandling bill Updated: Apr-17-14 8:11 pm
- Bill limiting Medicaid to 5 years sent to Brewer Updated: Apr-17-14 6:16 pm
- House gives final approval to pro-gun bill Updated: Apr-17-14 1:59 pm
- Brewer signs 1 of 4 pro-gun bills passed Wednesday Updated: Apr-16-14 11:40 pm
- Senate rejects revival of Grand Canyon U tax break Updated: Apr-15-14 9:07 pm
- Governor signs surprise inspections abortion bill Updated: Apr-15-14 8:50 pm
- Arizona bill would regulate health care navigators Updated: Apr-15-14 7:25 pm
- Senate approves religious tax breaks Updated: Apr-15-14 6:23 pm
- House rejects move notice to non-custodial parents Updated: Apr-15-14 6:13 pm
- Arizona House bans cell phones for young drivers Updated: Apr-15-14 4:32 pm
- Arizona Legislature has busy wrap-up week planned Updated: Apr-14-14 1:16 pm
- Some Arizona lawmakers fail to list free trips Updated: Apr-12-14 1:55 pm
- Gov. Jan Brewer signs budget but vetoes some items Updated: Apr-11-14 8:46 pm
- Arizona governor signs manufacturer tax cut law Updated: Apr-11-14 8:34 pm
- Arizona faces backlog of adult abuse cases Updated: Apr-11-14 5:26 pm
- GOP Arizona lawmakers upset at Nevada range clash Updated: Apr-10-14 7:38 pm
- Arizona senator breaks leg in House-Senate game Updated: Apr-10-14 6:56 pm
- Bill could stop US takeover of Arizona division Updated: Apr-10-14 3:35 pm
- Human trafficking bill gets nod in Arizona Senate Updated: Apr-09-14 7:28 pm
- Budget passed, Legislature taking up tax cuts Updated: Apr-09-14 5:07 am
- A look at items left on Legislature's to-do list Updated: Apr-06-14 3:01 pm
PHOENIX - Among the major issues left to cover at the Arizona Legislature before the session ends is how to regulate the increasingly popular ridesharing programs like Uber and Lyft.
PHOENIX - A major expansion for Arizona's school-voucher program suffered a blow Thursday in the House of Representatives.
PHOENIX - Gov. Jan Brewer on Thursday vetoed a bill designed to allow the city of Tombstone to access federal land to repair its water system, saying the legislation had constitutional issues.
PHOENIX - Arizona Gov. Jan Brewer has vetoed a bill giving broad protection from lawsuits to members of search and rescue groups.
PHOENIX - Arizona Gov. Jan Brewer has vetoed a bill that would have prohibited "aggressive" panhandling.
PHOENIX - A proposal that could force able-bodied Medicaid recipients to get a job and limit some to a maximum of 5 years of insurance is on its way to Gov. Jan Brewer for consideration after the House gave final approval to Republican House Speaker Andy Tobin's bill on Thursday.
PHOENIX - The Arizona House of Representatives has given final approval to a bill that would allow law enforcement to charge someone who wrests a gun from another person's hands with aggravated assault.
PHOENIX - Republican Gov. Jan Brewer wasted no time signing into law one of a series of gun bills approved by the Arizona Senate on Wednesday, one that bars local government agencies from restricting shooting on private property.
PHOENIX - The Arizona Senate on Tuesday narrowly rejected an effort to revive a proposal granting a private Christian university a major break on its property taxes.
PHOENIX - Arizona Gov. Jan Brewer's signing of bill allowing for snap inspections at abortion clinics will likely lead to another legal battle.
PHOENIX - The Arizona Senate has given initial approval to a measure that would require extra licensing and background checks for health exchange navigators who help people buy coverage.
PHOENIX - A bill allowing private property owners who lease space to churches to get a tax break will soon hit Arizona Gov. Jan Brewer's desk.
PHOENIX - The Arizona House on Tuesday rejected a bill that would have made it more difficult for a divorced mother or father to move with the children without getting the approval of a court.
PHOENIX - The Arizona House has again voted to ban cellphone use by teen drivers for the first six months they hold their license.
PHOENIX - Arizona lawmakers have an extremely busy week ahead as they attempt to finish up the 2014 legislative session.
PHOENIX - Several Arizona lawmakers failed to disclose free trips made last year as required by state law, spotlighting the difficulty in enforcing guidelines on the issue.
PHOENIX - Arizona Gov. Jan Brewer on Friday signed the Legislature's $9.23 billion budget for the fiscal year starting July 1, calling it principled and fiscally prudent and a step in the right direction because it adds spending for child welfare services.
PHOENIX - Arizona Gov. Jan Brewer on Friday signed into law a bill that eliminates sales taxes on electricity and natural gas purchased by manufacturers and mining smelters, a move she said was needed to make the state more attractive to large businesses.
PHOENIX - Arizona officials are still struggling to decide on a response to a flood of reports of child abuse and neglect, but the state also has a big backlog in abuse and neglect cases involving adults.
PHOENIX - A group of Republican Arizona lawmakers are upset with a brewing showdown in Nevada between the federal government and a rancher who claims rights to graze his cattle in a remote area about 80 miles northeast of Las Vegas.
PHOENIX - An Arizona state senator who planned to run in the Boston Marathon later this month was on crutches Thursday at the Capitol after breaking her leg in the annual House-Senate softball game.
PHOENIX - Arizona House lawmakers hoping to avert a federal takeover of the state's construction safety standards division gave initial approval Thursday to a bill that would revoke, on condition, 2012 legislation that is at the heart of the latest battle between Arizona and the U.S. government.
PHOENIX - The Arizona Senate has given initial approval to a bill targeting pimps who traffic minors for sex.
PHOENIX - Just a day after adopting a $9.23 billion state budget, the Arizona House and Senate gave final approval Tuesday to a pair of tax cuts for manufacturers, including one that would give a multimillion-dollar tax credit to the world's biggest corporation to install and run a solar facility.
PHOENIX - The Arizona Legislature has spent the last three weeks battling over next year's $9 billion-plus budget and before that was immersed in a heated national debate over religious freedoms and gay rights. But many other issues remain on the Legislature's plate. Here are some of the most pertinent issues facing the state Legislature: