- Lawmaker wants testing for parents of drug-exposed babies Updated: May-28-15 11:02 pm
PHOENIX - An Arizona lawmaker on Thursday called for changes in state law to allow ongoing testing of parents whose babies are born exposed to drugs after a child who was returned to her parents died of apparent abuse.
- Arizona House Democrat to challenge McCain for Senate Updated: May-26-15 4:57 pm
WASHINGTON - Democratic Arizona Rep. Ann Kirkpatrick said Tuesday she will challenge Republican John McCain for his Senate seat next year, launching an uphill bid to unseat the five-term senator in the GOP-leaning state.
- Savings from Indiana energy-efficiency law could be small Updated: May-10-15 11:25 am
INDIANAPOLIS - A new law aimed at decreasing energy usage in Indiana might not save consumers money as advertised and could leave the state at risk of violating federal emissions rules, environmentalists say.
- Dems, GOP ready to act if Supreme Court axes House districts Updated: May-09-15 3:14 am
WASHINGTON - Vulnerable House incumbents are fattening their campaign accounts as the Supreme Court approaches a decision on a case that could force legislatures to reshape congressional districts in 13 states or more, perhaps in time for next year's elections.
- Arizona lawmakers tell cities they can't ban plastic bags Updated: Apr-30-15 7:43 pm
PHOENIX - Vexed by the litter caught in cactus and shrubs, one Arizona city banned plastic bags on Earth Day last year. Two others considered similar bans as part of a growing trend around the country to outlaw the single-use of plastic bags at checkout counters.