- Russia classifies military casualties in peacetime Updated: May-28-15 2:04 pm
MOSCOW - Russian President Vladimir Putin has signed a decree to make losses of Russian troops in peacetime a secret.
- Russia launches massive air force exercise with 250 aircraft Updated: May-25-15 10:38 am
MOSCOW - The Russian military has launched a massive exercise involving 250 aircraft and other weapons.
- Correction: Ukraine-Russian Soldiers story Updated: May-20-15 9:32 am
KIEV, Ukraine - In a story May 19 about two men identified as Russian soldiers who were captured in Ukraine, The Associated Press gave an incorrect last name for one of them on second reference. The man's last name is Alexandrov, not Smirnov.
- AP Interview: Georgia's leader warns of Russian expansion Updated: May-19-15 11:44 am
TBILISI, Georgia - Russia is poised to use its armed forces to expand further into former Soviet states, Georgia's president said Tuesday, calling on the West never to accept any Russian aggression.
- Former Russian defense official sent to prison in fraud case Updated: May-08-15 3:08 pm
MOSCOW - A Moscow court has sentenced a former defense official to five years in prison in a high-profile corruption case that has attracted nationwide attention.
- US commander: Russia seems set for new offensive in Ukraine Updated: Apr-30-15 12:11 pm
WASHINGTON - The top U.S. commander for NATO said Thursday that America needs better intelligence on the ground in Ukraine, but that it appears Russian forces have used a recent lull in fighting to reposition for another offensive.