- NATO ups military presence amid Russian threat Updated: Apr-16-14 7:55 pm
- Russia boosts military, global arms spending fall Updated: Apr-13-14 6:04 pm
- Ukraine feels nervous as big powers debate fate Updated: Apr-08-14 5:23 am
- NATO general: Russians capable of quick strike Updated: Apr-02-14 5:23 pm
- AP Interview: Yanukovych admits mistakes on Crimea Updated: Apr-02-14 4:36 pm
- Outgunned Ukraine strives for military overhaul Updated: Apr-01-14 2:40 pm
- Ukraine finds new hero in besieged base commander Updated: Mar-27-14 4:10 pm
- AP News in Brief at 10:58 p.m. EDT Updated: Mar-23-14 11:05 pm
BRUSSELS - NATO is strengthening its military footprint along its eastern border immediately in response to Russia's aggression in Ukraine, the alliance's chief said Wednesday.
STOCKHOLM - For the first time in 10 years, Russia last year spent a bigger share of its overall economy on arms investments than the U.S. as it seeks to bolster its military capability, a Swedish arms watchdog said Monday.
KIEV, Ukraine - As top diplomats from Russia and the United States have met in Europe's capitals to decide Ukraine's fate in recent weeks, there's been a conspicuous absence: a representative from Ukraine.
WASHINGTON - The estimated 40,000 Russian troops poised along the border with Ukraine are capable of executing an attack order on 12 hours' notice, according to the American general who commands all NATO forces in Europe.
ROSTOV-ON-DON, Russia - Defensive and at times tearful, Ukraine's ousted president conceded Wednesday that he made a mistake when he invited Russian troops into Crimea and vowed to try to negotiate with Vladimir Putin to get the coveted Black Sea peninsula back.
KIEV, Ukraine - Tanks headed north into Ukraine this week from Russian-controlled Crimea. Not at the head of an invading army, but on a trainload of military equipment in such poor shape that Moscow had no use for it.
KIEV, Ukraine - After Crimeans voted to leave Ukraine and join Russia, a man in a black raincoat turned up at the gate of the Belbek Air Base to demand that Ukrainian forces holed up inside surrender to Russia.
New French satellite data expand air search for possible Malaysian jet debris over large area