- The Latest: UK envoy: Jet downing must spur end to Syria war Updated: Nov-25-15 3:20 pm
ANKARA, Turkey - The latest on the war in Syria, including a Russian warplane shot down by Turkey. All times local:
- Amid Syria's civil war, a James Bond-style rescue operation Updated: Nov-25-15 2:53 pm
BEIRUT - In the whirlwind of Syria's civil war, two Russian pilots parachuted from their aircraft into a chaotic front-line mountainous region near the border with Turkey after their aircraft was hit by a Turkish F-16 fighter jet.
- Turkey shoots down Russian jet it says violated its airspace Updated: Nov-24-15 5:41 pm
MOSCOW - Turkey shot down a Russian warplane on Tuesday that it said ignored repeated warnings and crossed into its airspace from Syria, killing at least one of the two pilots in a long-feared escalation in tensions between Russia and NATO. Russian President Vladimir Putin denounced what he called a "stab in the back" and warned of "significant consequences."
- Narrowing rift, US and Russia entertain cooperation in Syria Updated: Nov-18-15 7:19 am
MOSCOW - In a striking shift, President Barack Obama and Russian President Vladimir Putin are embarking on a tentative path toward closer ties and possible military cooperation, as the bitter rift over Ukraine gives way to common cause against the Islamic State group.
- Judge denies ex-Russian soldier's bid to overturn conviction Updated: Nov-17-15 12:54 pm
RICHMOND, Virginia - A former Russian military tank commander has lost a bid to have his conviction on terror-related charges overturned.
- Putin: Russia doesn't want to enter arms race Updated: Nov-11-15 9:33 am
MOSCOW - Russia's military modernization program doesn't mean that the nation intends to engage in an arms race, President Vladimir Putin said Wednesday.
- Russia holds war games involving numerous missile launches Updated: Oct-30-15 10:28 am
MOSCOW - The Russian military has conducted a series of ballistic and cruise missile launches from sites across the country in the latest demonstration of the nation's resurgent military might.
- US says fighter jets intercepted Russian planes near US ship Updated: Oct-29-15 2:03 pm
WASHINGTON - The White House says the U.S. military scrambled fighter jets earlier this week to escort Russian bombers that flew near the aircraft carrier USS Ronald Reagan.