- Ga. lawmaker proposes honor for traffic reporter Updated: Apr-14-14 7:22 pm
- Congressmen seek House support for Savannah harbor Updated: Apr-02-14 4:01 pm
- Ga. lawmakers finish session, head into campaigns Updated: Mar-21-14 7:53 pm
- Bill expanding gun carry rights in Ga. passes Updated: Mar-21-14 1:58 pm
- Final day of 2014 session hectic for Ga. lawmakers Updated: Mar-21-14 12:53 am
- Voters get choice on freezing Ga. income tax rate Updated: Mar-20-14 9:54 pm
- Georgia Common Core fight appears settled for now Updated: Mar-20-14 6:27 pm
- GA lawmakers ban minors from buying 'e-cigarettes' Updated: Mar-20-14 6:02 pm
- Georgia Senate backs drug testing for food stamps Updated: Mar-20-14 4:56 pm
- Georgia Senate approves MARTA overhaul Updated: Mar-20-14 4:49 pm
- Georgia lawmakers toughen animal cruelty law Updated: Mar-20-14 4:07 pm
- Medical marijuana bill stalls in Ga. Legislature Updated: Mar-20-14 3:07 pm
- Ga. Republicans moving against Obama health plan Updated: Mar-19-14 12:08 am
- Ga. Senate backs expansion of right to carry guns Updated: Mar-18-14 11:41 pm
- 39 arrested in Georgia Statehouse protests Updated: Mar-18-14 7:44 pm
- Ga. lawmakers approve $17M for Falcons parking Updated: Mar-18-14 5:10 pm
ATLANTA - A Georgia state senator plans to propose renaming a metro Atlanta highway interchange after a reporter who kept watch over local roads for decades.
SAVANNAH, Georgia - Georgia's 14 congressmen sent a letter Wednesday to the chairman of a House budget subcommittee to ask for help jumpstarting the expansion of Savannah's busy shipping channel.
ATLANTA - Members of the Georgia General Assembly are ready to begin their campaigns for another term, fresh off a legislative session highlighted by scads of campaign-friendly maneuvers.
ATLANTA - People with a license to carry a weapon could bring their guns into some houses of worship under legislation adopted by Georgia lawmakers.
ATLANTA - A bill allowing sick patients to legally take a marijuana derivative to ease their symptoms failed Thursday in the final hours of Georgia's legislative session, stalling amid a dispute between House and Senate lawmakers.
ATLANTA - Voters will decide whether to freeze Georgia's top marginal income tax rate at the current level of 6 percent.
ATLANTA - Republican lawmakers appear to have settled a roiling fight over national education standards called Common Core.
ATLANTA - Georgia lawmakers have voted to keep so-called e-cigarettes out of the hands of minors.
ATLANTA - People seeking government help to buy food could be tested for drug use under a bill approved by the state Senate.
ATLANTA - A two-year struggle over changes to metropolitan Atlanta's transit system faces a looming deadline.
ATLANTA - Georgia lawmakers want to stiffen the penalties for the harshest cases of animal abuse and make it easier for prosecutors to pursue charges.
ATLANTA - A plan to create a medical marijuana program in Georgia has hit a political roadblock.
ATLANTA - Republican lawmakers in Georgia would get the final say on whether to expand a government health insurance program for the poor under a bill passed Tuesday, making it even less likely the state will join an overhaul sought by Democratic President Barack Obama.
ATLANTA - With time running out, Georgia lawmakers are still negotiating how far to expand the right to carry a gun.
ATLANTA - Police arrested 39 people at Georgia's Capitol during protests over Republican refusals to allow more people to join a government-funded health care system.
ATLANTA - Lawmakers have approved a plan for taxpayers to borrow $17 million to build a parking deck largely for the new Atlanta Falcons stadium.