- NYC official questions oil firm's political giving Updated: Apr-21-14 5:01 pm
- Grossman debates head of Massachusetts gun lobby Updated: Apr-17-14 5:21 pm
- A year after background check defeat, modest goals Updated: Apr-16-14 10:23 am
- Idaho governor candidate spurns NRA questionnaire Updated: Apr-12-14 4:07 pm
- NRA endorses McConnell in Kentucky GOP primary Updated: Apr-11-14 4:50 pm
- Correction: Gun Rights-Kansas story Updated: Apr-06-14 10:23 am
ALBANY, New York - The New York City comptroller has asked a Texas oil company to explain why it has been connected to political donations that appear to have little to do with its energy business.
BOSTON - Massachusetts Treasurer Steve Grossman faced off against the state's gun lobby director in an informal debate Thursday meant to highlight what the Democratic candidate for governor says is the failure of a party primary opponent - Attorney General Martha Coakley - to embrace tougher gun control.
WASHINGTON - Democratic worries about this November's elections, a lack of Senate votes and House opposition are forcing congressional gun-control supporters to significantly winnow their 2014 agenda, a year after lawmakers scuttled President Barack Obama's effort to pass new curbs on firearms.
BOISE, Idaho - Democratic gubernatorial candidate A.J. Balukoff has refused to answer the National Rifle Association survey and has criticized the organization for pushing for concealed-carry guns on Idaho college campuses.
FRANKFORT, Kentucky - U.S. Sen. Mitch McConnell now has an endorsement to go with his gun.
TOPEKA, Kansas - In an April 5 story about gun-rights legislation in Kansas, The Associated Press reported erroneously the last name of the director of the Brady Center to Prevent Gun Violence's efforts to defend gun control policies in court and oppose the lessening of existing regulations. The correct name is Jonathan Lowy, not Jonathan Lowry.