- As theater shooting trial opens, gun debate dwindles Updated: Apr-25-15 11:29 am
DENVER - When a gunman opened fire inside a packed movie theater in July 2012, killing 12 and injuring 70, it did more than spread fear and heartbreak across the Denver suburbs. It helped revive the national debate over gun control.
- Tenn. lawmakers can't agree on guns bill drafted as NRA gift Updated: Apr-09-15 5:59 pm
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - It was supposed to be a welcoming gift from Tennessee lawmakers to the National Rifle Association and the more than 70,000 gun enthusiasts expected to attend the group's annual convention in Nashville this weekend.
- Haslam administration won't let troopers work NRA security Updated: Apr-08-15 7:27 pm
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - Republican Gov. Bill Haslam's administration has rejected state troopers' request to work security at the National Rifle Association's annual convention in Nashville this weekend.
- US Sen. Manchin blasts NRA, says group has changed its focus Updated: Apr-07-15 7:55 pm
CHARLESTON, West Virginia - Again facing heat from the gun lobby, U.S. Sen. Joe Manchin is criticizing the National Rifle Association, saying it moved from promoting gun safety and culture to being "big business."
- News Guide: Sen. Joe Manchin on coal, guns, governorship Updated: Apr-07-15 7:47 pm
CHARLESTON, West Virginia - U.S. Sen. Joe Manchin says it's "about a 50-50 toss-up" whether he will make a return bid at governor next year.
- Tennessee governor not among army of speakers at NRA event Updated: Apr-05-15 11:07 am
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - When more than 70,000 gun enthusiasts descend on Nashville for the National Rifle Association's annual meeting this week, they won't be hearing from one prominent Tennessean: Republican Gov. Bill Haslam.