- Justice Kelly leaving Michigan Supreme Court 3 years early Updated: Aug-17-15 1:14 pm
LANSING, Michigan - Michigan Supreme Court Justice Mary Beth Kelly announced Monday she will leave the bench early for private practice with more than three years left in her term.
- Michigan high court overturns Flint gang murder conviction Updated: Jul-30-15 6:31 pm
LANSING, Michigan - The Michigan Supreme Court has overturned the first-degree murder conviction of a man linked to a Flint gang because the prosecution didn't tell the jury about FBI payments to a key witness.
- Court upholds law requiring state workers to pay to pensions Updated: Jul-29-15 6:37 pm
LANSING, Michigan - The Michigan Supreme Court on Wednesday upheld a law requiring veteran state employees to contribute 4 percent of their pay to qualify for a full pension in retirement.
- Some Michigan sentencing rules struck down as illegal Updated: Jul-29-15 6:32 pm
LANSING, Michigan - The Michigan Supreme Court says the state's sentencing guidelines are unconstitutional if they increase mandatory minimum prison terms based on factors not found by a jury.
- Unions representing Michigan workers lose case over dues Updated: Jul-29-15 6:20 pm
DETROIT - Thousands of Michigan state employees can't be forced to pay labor unions for negotiating contracts and providing other services, the state Supreme Court said Wednesday.