- Woman convicted in ex-quarterback fraud scheme rebuilds life Updated: Feb-06-16 9:18 am
COLUMBUS, Ohio - Wealthy widow Anita Barney lost nearly her entire fortune to an ex-Ohio State quarterback who defrauded her of hundreds of thousands of dollars to feed a gambling addiction that left him banished from the NFL.
- Manziel's troubles mount, police open criminal investigation Updated: Feb-06-16 4:53 am
Johnny Manziel's troubles - both legal and personal - are worsening.
- Super Bowl champions haven't always been 'super' Updated: Feb-06-16 2:29 am
They have the gaudy rings and the rest of the swag that comes with being a Super Bowl champion.
- The Latest: Browns owner reached out Manziel, no response Updated: Feb-05-16 11:59 pm
CLEVELAND - The Latest on troubled quarterback Johnny Manziel (all times local):
- Thomas' mom to watch from the stands, not the cell this time Updated: Feb-05-16 10:04 pm
SANTA CLARA, California - Demaryius Thomas' mother will watch the Super Bowl from the stands at Levi's Stadium, decked out in an officially licensed orange No. 88 jersey.
- Both teams have spirited final practices before Super Bowl Updated: Feb-05-16 8:51 pm
- Panthers S Coleman, ex-teammate overcome tragedy, form bond Updated: Feb-05-16 7:29 pm
SAN JOSE, California - There was a time when Carolina Panthers safety Kurt Coleman wasn't sure if he should - or even could - play football again.
- Props rule the day for Super Bowl at Vegas sports books Updated: Feb-05-16 7:15 pm
Jay Kornegay still finds it painful to talk about the last time the Denver Broncos were in the Super Bowl and the first snap of the game went over Peyton Manning's head for a Seattle safety.
- SUPER BOWL: Profiles of key players Updated: Feb-05-16 6:46 pm
Projected starters and key players for the Super Bowl at Santa Clara, California:
- Raiders owner Mark Davis intrigued by Las Vegas as NFL city Updated: Feb-05-16 6:41 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - Owner Mark Davis has a sly response when it comes to his interest in moving the Oakland Raiders to Sin City.
- Patriarch of these Denver Broncos? Former coach Dan Reeves Updated: Feb-05-16 6:39 pm
SANTA CLARA, California - Dan Reeves has barely merited a mention in the lead-up to the Super Bowl, his imprint on these Denver Broncos an afterthought.
- Manning's glove gives him better grip on Updated: Feb-05-16 6:08 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - Peyton Manning has always done things few quarterbacks do, including wearing a glove on his passing hand.
- Shula: Newton tough to bring down, Csonka even tougher Updated: Feb-05-16 5:56 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - Don Shula said Cam Newton is pretty hard to tackle.
- Goodell proposes what might be called Odell Beckham Jr. Rule Updated: Feb-05-16 5:33 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - Call it the Odell Beckham Jr. Rule.
- Hola: Texans-Raiders in Mexico City on Nov. 21 Updated: Feb-05-16 5:26 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - Hola. The NFL is heading back to Mexico.
- Memories of 50 Super Bowls and how the game was named Updated: Feb-05-16 5:20 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - Norma Hunt was buying some gifts for her young children in a Dallas toy store when she came across some balls that bounced so high they could go over a small house.
- 15 Hall of Fame finalists, 4 connected to Polian Updated: Feb-05-16 4:56 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - Bill Polian entered the Pro Football Hall of Fame last year, making one of the most dynamic speeches heard at the Canton shrine.
- Rivera: LB Davis, DE Allen expected to start in Super Bowl Updated: Feb-05-16 4:31 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - Coach Ron Rivera says he expects linebacker Thomas Davis and defensive end Jared Allen to start for Panthers on Sunday in the Super Bowl.
- NY lawmaker: NFL should require synthetic marijuana testing Updated: Feb-05-16 4:15 pm
ALBANY, New York - A New York state lawmaker who has sponsored bills targeting synthetic marijuana is calling on the NFL to require players to take drug tests for the substance.
- Jay Feely embraces new role as CBS' kicking expert Updated: Feb-05-16 3:41 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - Jay Feely has some conflicted emotions in his new role as CBS' sideline kicking analyst in playoff games.
- Joe Cool tops list of best Super Bowl passing performances Updated: Feb-05-16 2:25 pm
The face of most successful NFL teams nowadays is the quarterback, so it should come as no surprise that seven of the past eight league MVPs played that position.
- Browner's social media posts forecast departure from Saints Updated: Feb-05-16 1:13 pm
NEW ORLEANS - Saints cornerback Brandon Browner has posted messages on social media saying farewell to New Orleans and alluding to the "next chapter" in his NFL career.
- About 50 Rams employees left behind in move to Los Angeles Updated: Feb-05-16 12:51 pm
- J.J. Watt feels concussions are an expected injury Updated: Feb-05-16 12:30 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - Houston Texans defensive end J.J. Watt says he knew concussions were a risk when he decided to play football, so he's not any more alarmed by the studies of prolonged head trauma suffered by NFL players.
- Kroenke business partner pushes St. Louis-area development Updated: Feb-05-16 10:52 am
MARYLAND HEIGHTS, Missouri - Weeks after the NFL agreed to allow Rams owner Stan Kroenke to move his team out of St. Louis, one of the billionaire sports mogul's business partners is pushing a development plan in the city's suburbs that could be funded in part by taxpayer money.