- GM Baalke: 49ers would like to keep Aldon Smith beyond year Updated: Aug-05-15 12:38 am
SANTA CLARA, California - San Francisco general manager Trent Baalke says the 49ers have had preliminary discussions with linebacker Aldon Smith and his agent to let them know the team would like to keep him beyond this season.
- 'Crazy' players make special teams point of pride for Rams Updated: Aug-04-15 9:06 pm
ST. LOUIS - As an undrafted free agent in 2013, Daren Bates figured he would have to excel on special teams if he were to land a spot on the St. Louis Rams' roster.
- Witten, Cowboys seek repeat playoff run after past failures Updated: Aug-04-15 8:27 pm
OXNARD, California - Jason Witten doesn't deny that the Cowboys had a more complicated locker room with Terrell Owens in it and a different message coming from the top when Wade Phillips was the coach.
- His diabetes under control, Cards' Peterson feeling 'great' Updated: Aug-04-15 8:15 pm
GLENDALE, Arizona - A handful of games into last season, Arizona Cardinals Pro Bowl cornerback Patrick Peterson was diagnosed with Type 2 diabetes.
- Brady testimony in NFL 'Deflategate' released Updated: Aug-04-15 8:01 pm
NEW YORK - Tom Brady denied under oath to NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell that he tampered with footballs before the AFC title game, and investigator Ted Wells said in a transcript that he never warned the New England Patriots quarterback he would be punished if he didn't turn over his cellphone.
- Bengals veteran tackles determined to hold onto starting job Updated: Aug-04-15 8:00 pm
CINCINNATI - Andrew Whitworth and Andre Smith could see what's next when the Bengals took offensive tackles with their first two picks in the draft. For now, they're dug in as the starters, refusing to give the team a reason to replace them.
- Hall-bound, Ron Wolf keeps tabs on Packers through proteges Updated: Aug-04-15 7:47 pm
GREEN BAY, Wisconsin - Former Packers general manager Ron Wolf still keeps a close eye on Green Bay in retirement.
- Giants Ayers, Casillas have Jersey City hometown bond Updated: Aug-04-15 7:08 pm
EAST RUTHERFORD, New Jersey - Before they became teammates with the New York Giants this off-season, Robert Ayers and Jonathan Casillas didn't think they knew each other.
- Marcus Smith eager to prove he's not a first-round bust Updated: Aug-04-15 6:45 pm
PHILADELPHIA - Marcus Smith spent most of his rookie season watching from the sideline and barely contributed.
- Agent remains hopeful Colts can reach deal with T.Y. Hilton Updated: Aug-04-15 6:35 pm
ANDERSON, Indiana - T.Y. Hilton's preference is to be paid like an All-Pro receiver in Indianapolis.
- Colts hoping Frank Gore can provide boost to ground game Updated: Aug-04-15 6:32 pm
ANDERSON, Indiana - Frank Gore came to Indianapolis to win a championship.
- Cowboys to add Super Bowl winner Woodson to ring of honor Updated: Aug-04-15 6:18 pm
OXNARD, California - Former Cowboys safety Darren Woodson is set to be the sixth player from Dallas' Super Bowl-winning teams of the 1990s to join the franchise's ring of honor.
- Jaguars GM Caldwell confident 'greater days ahead' Updated: Aug-04-15 5:41 pm
JACKSONVILLE, Florida - It's been a long and laborious building process for Jacksonville Jaguars general manager Dave Caldwell.
- Browns' Pryor more confident of switch to wide receiver Updated: Aug-04-15 5:36 pm
BEREA, Ohio - Terrelle Pryor took the handoff, set his feet and unloaded a deep pass that fluttered, floated and somehow landed in Travis Benjamin's hands for a touchdown.
- Packers' 1st-round pick Randall picking up corner on the fly Updated: Aug-04-15 5:24 pm
GREEN BAY, Wisconsin - Damarious Randall is learning about life as an NFL cornerback on the fly.
- Fiery Sanders expands his role with Denver Broncos Updated: Aug-04-15 5:11 pm
ENGLEWOOD, Colorado - Emmanuel Sanders is so wired to win that he considers his competitive streak both a blessing and a burden.
- Former Lions running back Mel Farr dies at age 70 Updated: Aug-04-15 3:28 pm
DETROIT - Mel Farr, a former NFL Offensive Rookie of the Year who rushed for more than 3,000 yards in seven pro seasons with the Detroit Lions, has died. He was 70.
- Vikings running backs, even Peterson, must work on blocking Updated: Aug-04-15 1:44 pm
MANKATO, Minnesota - After an absence from NFL activity that spanned seven months, Adrian Peterson has returned as Minnesota's featured runner.
- Coach Mike Zimmer expected to rejoin Vikings soon Updated: Aug-04-15 1:36 pm
MANKATO, Minnesota - Minnesota Vikings coach Mike Zimmer is expected to rejoin the team soon.
- Polian follows unconventional route on road to Hall of Fame Updated: Aug-04-15 1:27 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - Bill Polian relied on simple, solid principles to build winners.
- Jaguars have little hope of Justin Blackmon's return Updated: Aug-04-15 1:24 pm
JACKSONVILLE, Florida - Nearly two years after Justin Blackmon's last NFL practice, the Jacksonville Jaguars have all but given up on the suspended receiver.
- Chiefs prove willingness to give players second chances Updated: Aug-04-15 1:02 pm
ST. JOSEPH, Missouri - The Kansas City Chiefs have demonstrated a willingness under general manager John Dorsey and coach Andy Reid to give players who have run into trouble a second chance.
- Ron Wolf, architect of Packers revival, headed to Hall Updated: Aug-04-15 2:14 am
GREEN BAY, Wisconsin - When the Green Bay Packers were searching for someone to help rekindle the glory of the Lombardi years, they turned to Ron Wolf.
- Ngata on injury list at start of practice for Lions Updated: Aug-03-15 8:03 pm
ALLEN PARK, Michigan - Ndamukong Suh's replacement began fall practice on the injured list.
- AP source: Former Jaguars WR Sanders faces 10-game ban Updated: Aug-03-15 7:47 pm
JACKSONVILLE, Florida - Former Jacksonville Jaguars receiver Ace Sanders, a fourth-round draft pick in 2013, is facing a 10-game suspension for another violation of the NFL's substance-abuse policy.