- Romo's quirky eye issue pops up again, but concern doesn't Updated: Aug-31-15 9:32 pm
ARLINGTON, Texas - Cowboys quarterback Tony Romo practiced Monday, with his left eye looking better after his second bout with a sty that kept him out of practice for a day early in training camp a month ago.
- All-senior secondary a strength for Minnesota this season Updated: Aug-31-15 7:54 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - The Minnesota football program has hardly been prone to some catchy nickname like Cornerback College or Safety School.
- Bills cutting Jackson surprises safety Aaron Williams Updated: Aug-31-15 7:27 pm
ORCHARD PARK, New York - Bills safety Aaron Williams had tears welling in his eyes and wore his emotions on his back upon learning the team had cut Fred Jackson.
- Harbaugh can't accept losing, even preseason games Updated: Aug-31-15 7:20 pm
OWINGS MILLS, Maryland - Ravens coach John Harbaugh has never found it easy to accept losing, even when it comes to a preseason game that probably won't be remembered beyond the first week of September.
- LB Alexander, P Zastudil among 11 players cut by Cardinals Updated: Aug-31-15 7:15 pm
TEMPE, Arizona - Outside linebacker and longtime special teams standout Lorenzo Alexander and veteran punter Dave Zastudil were among 11 players released by the Arizona Cardinals on Monday.
- Kilgore goes on reserve/physically unable to perform list Updated: Aug-31-15 7:12 pm
SANTA CLARA, California - The San Francisco 49ers have placed center Daniel Kilgore on the reserve/physically unable to perform list as he works back from a second procedure on his left fibula that he fractured last October.
- Jets' Leonard Williams 'definitely' expects to play Week 1 Updated: Aug-31-15 6:41 pm
FLORHAM PARK, New Jersey - Leonard Williams didn't even realize he was injured at first.
- Opportunities abound for young Packers WRs after injuries Updated: Aug-31-15 6:30 pm
GREEN BAY, Wisconsin - Packers rookie Ty Montgomery watched fellow receiver Randall Cobb get hurt and briefly thought the worst over the weekend.
- Without Develin, Patriots plan to be flexible at fullback Updated: Aug-31-15 6:30 pm
FOXBOROUGH, Massachusetts - The loss of James Develin to a broken right tibia left the New England Patriots without a fullback on the roster.
- Jaguars TE Julius Thomas could miss start of regular season Updated: Aug-31-15 6:17 pm
JACKSONVILLE, Florida - Jacksonville Jaguars tight end Julius Thomas could miss multiple games to start the regular season.
- No settlement: Goodell, Brady await 'Deflategate' ruling Updated: Aug-31-15 6:10 pm
NEW YORK - NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell and New England Patriots quarterback Tom Brady attended last-minute settlement talks between the NFL and its players union Monday before a judge announced he would decide the dispute over deflated footballs with a ruling in a day or two.
- Mingo returns to practice for banged-up Browns Updated: Aug-31-15 6:02 pm
BEREA, Ohio - Piece by piece, limb by limb, the Browns are healing and getting back to full strength.
- Jaguars trade PK Josh Scobee to Steelers for 6th-round pick Updated: Aug-31-15 5:59 pm
JACKSONVILLE, Florida - After losing Shaun Suisham and Graham Hartley in the preseason, the Pittsburgh Steelers needed another kicker.
- AJ McCarron's impressive game puts Bengals at ease Updated: Aug-31-15 5:33 pm
CINCINNATI - With an unexpected impressive performance, AJ McCarron put the Bengals at ease and got his first NFL football for the trophy case.
- Steelers wideout Martavis Bryant suspended for 4 games Updated: Aug-31-15 5:30 pm
PITTSBURGH - The list of key players the Pittsburgh Steelers will have to do without early in the 2015 season keeps growing.
- Broncos trade tackle Chris Clark to Houston Updated: Aug-31-15 5:27 pm
ENGLEWOOD, Colorado - Chris Clark is joining the superstar he couldn't beat.
- Buccaneers say QB Winston's sprained ankle not a concern Updated: Aug-31-15 5:05 pm
TAMPA, Florida - Jameis Winston has a sprained ankle that the rookie quarterback and Tampa Bay Buccaneers say is not a major concern.
- Panthers wide receiver position remains in state of flux Updated: Aug-31-15 4:56 pm
CHARLOTTE, North Carolina - The Carolina Panthers are looking for ways to give a boost to a wide receiving corps that remains in a state of flux less than two weeks before the season opener.
- Vikings put Carter Bykowski on IR, Josh Robinson on PUP list Updated: Aug-31-15 4:47 pm
EDEN PRAIRIE, Minnesota - The Minnesota Vikings have placed offensive tackle Carter Bykowski on injured reserve and cornerback Josh Robinson on the physically unable to perform list.
- Panthers acquire Seahawks WR Norwood for 2017 draft pick Updated: Aug-31-15 4:45 pm
- Kirk Cousins to start season as Redskins QB Updated: Aug-31-15 3:46 pm
ASHBURN, Virginia - The Washington Redskins have made a quarterback change: Kirk Cousins will be the starter this season, not Robert Griffin III.
- New York Giants sign veteran safety Stevie Brown Updated: Aug-31-15 3:02 pm
EAST RUTHERFORD, New Jersey - Safety Stevie Brown is back with the New York Giants.
- Broncos trade Clark, cut Walker, Stewart Updated: Aug-31-15 11:32 am
ENGLEWOOD, Colorado - The Denver Broncos traded offensive tackle Chris Clark to Houston on Monday, released veteran linebacker Reggie Walker and placed rookie tight end Jeff Hauerman on injured reserved.
- Starting offenses struggle, Cardinals beat Raiders 30-23 Updated: Aug-31-15 12:51 am
OAKLAND, California - Even though Carson Palmer spent much of the first half on his back and running from the Oakland defense, Arizona coach Bruce Arians is not concerned about his offensive line.
- Texans take preseason win over Saints 27-13 Updated: Aug-30-15 10:30 pm
NEW ORLEANS - Brian Hoyer sounded pleased about his first game as the Houston Texans' designated starter.