- 49ers Bowman confident he'll return to top form post-injury Updated: May-29-15 9:17 pm
SANTA CLARA, California - NaVorro Bowman intercepted a pass in the end zone by quarterback Colin Kaepernick, and even in a late May practice it meant plenty. Even with his speed not quite the same thanks to a bulky brace he still wears to protect his surgically repaired left knee.
- Belichick avoids direct answers on deflated footballs Updated: May-29-15 8:44 pm
FOXBOROUGH, Massachusetts - Coach Bill Belichick shed little light Friday in his first public remarks since the report was issued on the Patriots' use of deflated footballs.
- AP Source: Brady's deflate appeal will be June 23 Updated: May-29-15 7:12 pm
A person familiar with the situation says Tom Brady's appeal of his suspension in the deflated footballs scandal will be heard on June 23.
- Rams running back Trey Watts suspended for 4 games by NFL Updated: May-29-15 5:01 pm
ST. LOUIS - St. Louis Rams reserve running back Trey Watts has been suspended without pay for the first four games of the season for violating the NFL's substance-abuse policy.
- Matthews happy getting time at inside linebacker spot Updated: May-28-15 8:42 pm
GREEN BAY, Wisconsin - Clay Matthews said he's happy with continuing to spend at least part of his time at inside linebacker.
- Adrian Peterson vents on Twitter about honoring contract Updated: May-28-15 7:15 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - Adrian Peterson took to Twitter on Thursday to express his frustration over criticism he is receiving while staying away from the voluntary portion of Minnesota Vikings' offseason.
- Broncos LB Brandon Marshall recovering from foot surgery Updated: May-28-15 7:08 pm
ENGLEWOOD, Colorado - Brandon Marshall is putting his foot down - only not the right one, since there are two screws holding it together.
- Saints getting a first look at their defensive overhaul Updated: May-28-15 7:01 pm
METAIRIE, Louisiana - An autograph-covered football commemorating the New England Patriots' Super Bowl triumph last season now sits in cornerback Brandon Browner's locker at the headquarters of his new NFL team, the New Orleans Saints.
- Jaguars' top pick Dante Fowler has successful knee surgery Updated: May-28-15 6:47 pm
JACKSONVILLE, Florida - The Jacksonville Jaguars say Dante Fowler has undergone successful surgery to repair a torn ACL in his left knee.
- Rookie guards studying Patriots complex offensive system Updated: May-28-15 6:24 pm
FOXBOROUGH, Massachusetts - The New England Patriots' two rookie guards are helping each other study the team's complex offensive schemes.
- Allen looking to regroup in new-look Steelers secondary Updated: May-28-15 6:03 pm
PITTSBURGH - The Pittsburgh Steelers paid Cortez Allen last fall to take over the shutdown cornerback role that Ike Taylor handled for the better part of a decade.
- Tebow makes his Philly debut Updated: May-28-15 5:46 pm
PHILADELPHIA - A slimmer Tim Tebow threw passes in shorts while a horde of reporters critiqued his mechanics and analyzed his arm motion.
- Panthers expect offseason additions will free up WR Benjamin Updated: May-28-15 5:31 pm
CHARLOTTE, North Carolina - Help has arrived for Panthers wide receiver Kelvin Benjamin.
- Eagles' Kelly says McCoy was wrong to question his motives Updated: May-28-15 5:06 pm
PHILADELPHIA - Eagles coach Chip Kelly says LeSean McCoy was wrong to suggest he favors white players over black players, adding he never considers race when building his roster.
- For Bears chairman, plenty to second guess in McDonald case Updated: May-27-15 9:57 pm
LAKE FOREST, Illinois - Chicago Bears chairman George McCaskey said Wednesday he has repeatedly second-guessed his decision to approve the Ray McDonald signing and asked himself what he could have done differently.
- Oldest former Bears player Siegal dies at 97 Updated: May-27-15 9:47 pm
LAKE FOREST, Illinois - John Siegal, an end who helped the Chicago Bears win three NFL titles in the 1940s and was their oldest former player, has died. He was 97.
- Ihedigbo attends Lions' offseason workouts Updated: May-27-15 8:39 pm
ALLEN PARK, Michigan - James Ihedigbo was on the field for the Detroit Lions' offseason training activities Wednesday.
- Texans back at work after weather delay Updated: May-27-15 8:20 pm
HOUSTON - While he enjoyed his offseason, J.J. Watt couldn't wait to get back on the field Wednesday for Houston's first offseason practice.
- Raiders sign LB Miller, WR Williams Updated: May-27-15 8:13 pm
- Indianapolis signs 1st-round draft pick Phillip Dorsett Updated: May-27-15 6:59 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - Receiver Phillip Dorsett has a lot of work to do this offseason.
- Jaguars tight end Lewis welcomes new role, accepts pay cut Updated: May-27-15 6:34 pm
JACKSONVILLE, Florida - Tight end Marcedes Lewis knew his role would change after the Jacksonville Jaguars signed free agent Julius Thomas in March.
- McClain, Bryant on offseason missing list for Dallas Cowboys Updated: May-27-15 6:30 pm
IRVING, Texas - The Cowboys figured they would be without receiver Dez Bryant most of the offseason because of the star receiver's contract situation.
- Chargers to begin stadium negotiations with city, county Updated: May-27-15 5:57 pm
SAN DIEGO - A spokesman for Mayor Kevin Faulconer says city and county officials will sit down with executives from the Chargers on Tuesday to begin negotiations for a new stadium.
- Pressure on Titans' offensive linemen to protect rookie QB Updated: May-27-15 5:52 pm
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - Nobody faces more pressure to keep the Titans' new investment in quarterback Marcus Mariota safe than Tennessee's offensive linemen.
- Kraft introduces top draft pick, stays mum on "Deflategate" Updated: May-27-15 5:13 pm
FOXBOROUGH, Massachusetts - Robert Kraft spent 80 seconds Wednesday making his first public remarks since saying eight days earlier he wouldn't appeal the Patriots' punishment for using underinflated footballs.