- Longtime Lions stalwart Charlie Sanders dies at age 68 Updated: Jul-02-15 10:21 pm
DETROIT - Hall of Fame tight end Charlie Sanders epitomized Detroit's blue-collar roots.
- Gates, Richardson, McClain each get 4-game NFL suspensions Updated: Jul-02-15 7:21 pm
Three-time All-Pro tight end Antonio Gates of San Diego will be suspended the first four games of the 2015 season along with New York Jets defensive lineman Sheldon Richardson and Dallas linebacker Rolando McClain for violating NFL drug policies.
- Chargers tight end Antonio Gates suspended 4 games Updated: Jul-02-15 6:29 pm
SAN DIEGO - Antonio Gates' squeaky-clean image took a big hit Thursday when the San Diego Chargers' star tight end was suspended without pay for the first four games of the 2015 season for violating the NFL's policy on performance-enhancing substances.
- Jets' Richardson suspended 1st 4 games of season Updated: Jul-02-15 4:59 pm
NEW YORK - New York Jets defensive lineman Sheldon Richardson has been suspended without pay for the first four games of the regular season on Thursday for violating the NFL's substance abuse policy.
- Packers pass rusher Datone Jones suspended for season opener Updated: Jul-02-15 4:48 pm
GREEN BAY, Wisconsin - Packers defensive end Datone Jones has been suspended for the first game this season for violating the NFL's substance abuse policy.
- Cowboys LB Rolando McClain suspended 1st 4 games of season Updated: Jul-02-15 3:57 pm
IRVING, Texas - Cowboys linebacker Rolando McClain has been suspended for the first four games for violating the NFL's substance abuse policy, putting two key Dallas defenders on the sideline to start the season with pass rusher Greg Hardy's 10-game ban.
- Ohio State marching band will visit London for NFL event Updated: Jul-02-15 2:09 pm
COLUMBUS, Ohio - Ohio State University's marching band is ramping up to appear this fall at the NFL International Series in London. It is the group's first-ever trip abroad.
- Jets help decorated veteran get smart home Updated: Jul-02-15 12:22 am
Wounded veteran Sgt. Adam Keys on Wednesday received the keys to a customized high-tech smart home in Annapolis, Maryland designed to ensure his independence.
- Pom-pom pay: California bill gives cheerleaders minimum wage Updated: Jul-01-15 4:10 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - They boost their teams from the sidelines and promote them by appearing in calendars and at fan events, but some sports cheerleaders say they are still not considered team employees and are paid what amounts to less than minimum wage.
- Offensive tackle Hunter attempts to revive career with Bills Updated: Jul-01-15 2:54 pm
ORCHARD PARK, New York - The Buffalo Bills are providing offensive tackle Wayne Hunter an opportunity to revive his career.
- Michael Sam, 1st openly gay NFL draftee, rejoins CFL team Updated: Jun-29-15 6:23 pm
MONTREAL - In the city where Jackie Robinson made the jump to the big leagues - and a country where gay marriage has been legal for a decade - Michael Sam has come to restart his football career.
- Michael Sam expected to rejoin Alouettes this weekend Updated: Jun-26-15 6:09 pm
MONTREAL - Michael Sam is ready to resume his pro football career.
- Former Pro Bowl guard, Bears assistant Stanfel dies Updated: Jun-25-15 9:35 pm
- Tennessee Titans' home field to be renamed Nissan Stadium Updated: Jun-25-15 4:48 pm
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - The Tennessee Titans' home field is changing its name from LP Field to Nissan Stadium.
- NFL players union complains about Pats disciplining Butler Updated: Jun-25-15 4:38 pm
NEW YORK - The NFL Players Association has complained to the league about whether the Patriots improperly disciplined cornerback Malcolm Butler during voluntary workouts.
- Brady waiting for Goodell decision after 10-hour hearing Updated: Jun-24-15 6:04 pm
FOXBOROUGH, Massachusetts - It's back to the waiting game for Tom Brady.
- Ex-NFL coach Haslett hired as Penn State's 'sounding board' Updated: Jun-24-15 12:28 pm
STATE COLLEGE, Pennsylvania - The coach who guided the New Orleans Saints through Hurricane Katrina has joined Penn State's football team as a consultant.
- After appeal, what's next in Brady deflated football saga? Updated: Jun-24-15 3:06 am
NEW YORK - After a 10-hour hearing, Tom Brady now must wait to find out if his appeal of a four-game suspension carried any weight with NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell.
- Life's playbook: NFL schools rookies on being a professional Updated: Jun-23-15 4:23 pm
BEREA, Ohio - To prepare rookies for life as professionals, the NFL is again providing a crash course filled with seminars, testimonials and advice on how to navigate the pitfalls of fame and fortune.
- Only Jaguars mascot in team history retires after 19 years Updated: Jun-23-15 12:32 pm
JACKSONVILLE, Florida - For the second time in franchise history, the Jacksonville Jaguars are looking for a new mascot.
- Browns awarded Terrelle Pryor, will try him at receiver Updated: Jun-22-15 6:38 pm
CLEVELAND - Terrelle Pryor believes he can be an NFL wide receiver. The Browns are giving him a chance to catch on with them.
- Lions sign veteran safety Taylor Mays Updated: Jun-22-15 6:14 pm
ALLEN PARK, Michigan - The Detroit Lions have signed free agent safety Taylor Mays.
- Richardson gives $100,000 to families of Charleston shooting Updated: Jun-20-15 10:51 pm
Jerry Richardson, the owner of the NFL's Carolina Panthers, has donated $100,000 to the families of the Charleston shooting to help cover burial costs of the victims.
- Brady's legacy faces next step in appeal to Goodell Updated: Jun-20-15 11:55 am
FOXBOROUGH, Massachusetts - Tom Brady grew from a sixth-round draft choice into one of the best quarterbacks in NFL history. Off the field, he's a celebrity with a supermodel wife and lucrative marketing deals.
- Former NFL player, Spanish-language TV pioneer dies at 77 Updated: Jun-19-15 9:31 pm
LAS CRUCES, New Mexico - Danny Villanueva, who was one of the NFL's first Latino kickers and a pioneer of Spanish-language television, has died. He was 77.