- Bad budget news for Wisconsin: No new money over 2 years Updated: May-06-15 5:43 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - Wisconsin tax collections won't grow beyond earlier projections, state lawmakers were told Wednesday, forcing Republican legislative leaders to consider an accounting move to fulfill their promises to undo Gov. Scott Walker's proposed $127 million cut to public schools.
- University of Wisconsin fraternity kicked off campus Updated: May-06-15 5:22 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - A fraternity chapter at the University of Wisconsin-Madison has been kicked off campus after breaking the terms of its suspension.
- Vos mum on whether UW cut will be reduced Updated: May-06-15 12:47 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - Assembly Speaker Robin Vos isn't saying whether Gov. Scott Walker's $300 million cut to the University of Wisconsin System can be reduced given new revenue forecasts.
- Wisconsin poverty measure rises in 2013 despite job gains Updated: Apr-21-15 11:05 am
MADISON, Wisconsin - A new study shows poverty rose slightly in Wisconsin from 2012 to 2013, despite some job gains.
- Walker brushes off negative numbers in new poll Updated: Apr-16-15 4:50 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - Gov. Scott Walker brushed off new poll numbers Thursday that put his approval rating at just 41 percent and showed there was strong opposition to some of his most significant budget proposals, including cuts to the University of Wisconsin and K-12 schools.
- Walker proposes capping UW System tuition increases Updated: Apr-13-15 10:10 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - Gov. Scott Walker wants to modify his state budget plan to cap University of Wisconsin System resident undergraduate tuition increases according to inflation, according to a letter his administration sent to the leaders of the Legislature's finance committee on Monday.
- Wisconsin-Madison student has broken jaw after attack Updated: Apr-12-15 2:52 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - A student at the University of Wisconsin-Madison suffered a broken jaw and lost several teeth after he was attacked in the campus area.
- Cross touts autonomy in face of Republican opposition Updated: Apr-09-15 3:47 pm
WAUKESHA, Wisconsin - University of Wisconsin System President Ray Cross is still making the case for more flexibility despite Republican lawmakers' opposition.