- Court: Man can seek office despite conviction Updated: Apr-15-14 7:59 pm
- Branstad: Action needed to protect Iowa students Updated: Apr-14-14 7:40 pm
- Court overturns coach's sexual exploitation case Updated: Apr-11-14 2:35 pm
- New trial set in girl's 1990 slaying in Iowa Updated: Apr-05-14 7:26 pm
- Ex-inmate ineligible for wrongful imprisonment pay Updated: Apr-04-14 2:49 pm
- Iowa court adopts new media rules for courtrooms Updated: Apr-04-14 11:09 am
- Iowa high court to review key voting rights case Updated: Apr-04-14 10:23 am
- Schultz appeals voting rule to Iowa Supreme Court Updated: Apr-03-14 6:09 pm
- Teacher sex abuse case goes before Supreme Court Updated: Apr-02-14 7:30 pm
- Iowa high court to rejects Narcisse's appeal Updated: Mar-31-14 6:14 pm
- Iowa high court to hear Narcisse's appeal Updated: Mar-29-14 7:22 pm
- Court: Woman fired by state should get job back Updated: Mar-28-14 5:35 pm
- Lawyer won't be sanctioned in farmer slaying case Updated: Mar-28-14 4:20 pm
DES MOINES, Iowa - A split Iowa Supreme Court issued a ruling Tuesday that allows a Des Moines man to run for state Senate and affirms that second-offense drunken driving is not an infamous crime as defined by the Iowa Constitution.
DES MOINES, Iowa - Gov. Terry Branstad has called on the Legislature to take action following an Iowa Supreme Court ruling that found school coaches cannot be convicted of sexual exploitation by a school employee under current law.
DES MOINES, Iowa - The conviction of a former Bloomfield basketball coach who had sex with a 16-year-old girl on his team was thrown out Friday by the Iowa Supreme Court in a ruling that says coaches without teaching licenses are not school employees under the law and can't be convicted of sexual exploitation by a school employee.
DAVENPORT, Iowa - An Illinois man twice convicted for the 1990 killing of a 9-year-old girl in Davenport will be tried for murder once again.
DES MOINES, Iowa - The Iowa Supreme Court says a woman who spent years in prison before her child endangerment conviction was overturned isn't eligible for compensation under a wrongful imprisonment law.
IOWA CITY, Iowa - A rule going into effect May 1 will allow members of the news media to use laptops and cell phones in Iowa courtrooms with permission.
DES MOINES, Iowa - In a key voting rights case, the Iowa Supreme Court will decide whether a state senate candidate convicted of an aggravated misdemeanor is eligible to hold office.
DES MOINES, Iowa - Iowa Secretary of State Matt Schultz is asking the Iowa Supreme Court to review and overturn a district court judge's decision that Schultz did not have the authority to create a new rule aimed at ridding voter registration rolls of voters who didn't appear to be U.S. citizens.
DES MOINES, Iowa - The attorney for a woman who claimed a high school coach molested her, causing her emotional problems, asked the Iowa Supreme Court on Wednesday to change the way lawsuits against schools are handled in such cases.
DES MOINES, Iowa - The Iowa Supreme Court has rejected an appeal argument by Jonathan Narcisse in his fight to gain a spot on the Democratic primary ballot for governor.
DES MOINES, Iowa - The Iowa Supreme Court has granted Jonathan Narcisse an expedited appeal in his fight to gain a spot on the Democratic primary ballot for governor.
DES MOINES, Iowa - An Iowa woman who was fired from her position at the Polk County Clerk of Court's office in 2004 must be given her job back, in addition to lost wages and benefits, the Iowa Supreme Court ruled Friday.
IOWA CITY, Iowa - An attorney will not be sanctioned for unwittingly helping a wealthy farmer shield his assets from the estate of a neighboring farmer he killed, the Iowa Supreme Court ruled Friday.