- English soccer set for another fan protest at Arsenal Updated: Feb-12-16 7:30 am
Fan protests have been the theme of the week in European soccer - and there could be another on the way in the most high-profile game in the English Premier League this weekend.
- Man U seeks world-class stars, won't emulate Leicester plan Updated: Feb-11-16 10:51 am
LONDON - Manchester United will stick with its policy of spending heavily on world-class talent rather than trying to emulate Leicester, which has surged to the top of the Premier League with unproven players signed on the cheap.
- Leicester and Riyad Mahrez lead AP Global Football 10 Updated: Feb-09-16 2:59 pm
LONDON - Leicester and its playmaker Riyad Mahrez took leading honors in the Associated Press Global Football 10 on Tuesday after two Premier League wins in a week against Liverpool and Manchester City.
- Top European clubs play down talk of Super League plans Updated: Feb-09-16 10:00 am
PARIS - Europe's top football clubs insist they have no plans to set up a breakaway Super League of elite teams to replace the Champions League.
- It's now or never for Leicester in this odds-defying season Updated: Feb-08-16 1:46 pm
LONDON - The wealth of elite clubs and financial restrictions on upstarts were thought to be locking in the established order in English soccer and suppressing ambition.
- Arsenal climbs to 3rd in league by beating Bournemouth Updated: Feb-07-16 3:47 pm
BOURNEMOUTH, England - Arsenal ended a four-game winless run by scoring quick-fire goals to beat Bournemouth 2-0 on Sunday, rising to third in the Premier League.
- Leicester beats City 3-1, Torres nets 100th Atletico goal Updated: Feb-06-16 7:36 pm
Leicester firmly underlined its Premier League title credentials with a 3-1 win at Manchester City on Saturday, while Atletico Madrid moved provisionally level on points with Barcelona at the top of the Spanish league by beating Eibar 3-1.
- Jamie Vardy signs new contract with Leicester to 2019 Updated: Feb-06-16 3:47 pm
LEICESTER, England - English Premier League leader Leicester says striker Jamie Vardy has signed a new contract with the club until 2019.
- Leicester stuns Man City 3-1 to go 6 points clear at top Updated: Feb-06-16 10:14 am
MANCHESTER, England - Leicester stunned Manchester City 3-1 on Saturday to bolster its bid to become the unlikeliest champions in English football history.
- Arsenal drops 5 points behind in title race after draw Updated: Feb-02-16 5:41 pm
LONDON - Arsenal dropped five points behind leader Leicester in the English Premier League with a goalless draw against Southampton on Tuesday.
- Vardy scores stunning opener, Leicester beats Liverpool 2-0 Updated: Feb-02-16 4:55 pm
LEICESTER, England - Jamie Vardy continued his prolific season by scoring two goals - including a looping volley from 25 meters - to guide Leicester to a 2-0 win over Liverpool on Tuesday, preserving the team's three-point lead in the Premier League.
- Aguero twice comes to Man City's rescue for draw at West Ham Updated: Jan-23-16 6:23 pm
LONDON - Sergio Aguero twice came to Manchester City's rescue with the team's only shots on target to recover a 2-2 draw at West Ham on another frustrating away-day for the title-chasers on Saturday.
- Vardy goal drought ends, title-chasing Leicester beats Stoke Updated: Jan-23-16 3:34 pm
LEICESTER, England - Claudio Ranieri had been telling Leicester striker Jamie Vardy that if he continued to work hard then his goal drought would end. The manager was proved right on Saturday in a 3-0 win over Stoke.
- Leicester signs Ghana international Amartey from Copenhagen Updated: Jan-22-16 1:29 pm
LEICESTER, England - Leicester has signed Ghana international Daniel Amartey from FC Copenhagen.
- Stoke holds Arsenal to 0-0 draw in Premier League Updated: Jan-17-16 2:37 pm
STOKE, England - Arsenal came away with a goalless draw from a traditionally tough fixture at Stoke to retain its Premier League lead on goal difference on Sunday.