- Saudi offer to send troops to Syria comes with uncertainty Updated: Feb-08-16 3:22 pm
DUBAI, United Arab Emirates - Saudi Arabia's offer to send troops to fight Islamic State in Syria is as much about the kingdom's growing determination to flex its military might as it is about answering U.S. calls for more help from its allies in the Middle East.
- UAE says it's prepared to send ground forces to Syria Updated: Feb-07-16 7:27 am
ABU DHABI, United Arab Emirates - A top official in the United Arab Emirates said Sunday that his country is prepared to send ground troops to Syria to fight Islamic State militants as part of an international coalition.
- Russia open to meeting with major oil-producing countries Updated: Feb-02-16 9:30 am
ABU DHABI, United Arab Emirates - Russia says it is open to a meeting with fellow major oil-producing nations to discuss production levels amid a plunge in global oil prices.
- Saudi government website shows 9 US nationals arrested Updated: Feb-01-16 3:18 pm
DUBAI, United Arab Emirates - Nine Americans are currently imprisoned in Saudi jails, with eight detained in the past three months, according to a website belonging to Saudi Arabia's Interior Ministry.
- Qatari emir shakes up Cabinet amid low oil prices Updated: Jan-27-16 9:21 am
DUBAI, United Arab Emirates - Qatar's ruler shook up his Cabinet on Wednesday, shuffling some ministers into new positions while consolidating some of their jobs as low global oil and gas prices squeeze the Gulf country and the wider Middle East.