- Russia vetoes Security Council proposal on MH17 tribunal Updated: Jul-29-15 6:53 pm
UNITED NATIONS - Russia on Wednesday vetoed a U.N. Security Council resolution that would set up an international criminal court to prosecute those responsible for shooting down a Malaysia Airlines plane over Ukraine a year ago.
- Russian ex-PM's daughter under fire for leaving for Ukraine Updated: Jul-20-15 8:16 am
MOSCOW - The daughter of a former Russian prime minister has accepted the job of deputy governor in a Ukrainian region, a decision that has sparked criticism in both Russia and Ukraine.
- Dutch, Ukrainians, Australians mark year since MH17 downing Updated: Jul-17-15 11:43 am
NIEUWEGEIN, Netherlands - Her voice cracking with emotion, Asmaa Aljuned delivered a parting message Friday that her late husband never got to tell passengers on Malaysia Airlines Flight 17 a year ago.
- Ukraine PM says reforms continue despite 'lunatic' lawmakers Updated: Jul-13-15 7:50 pm
WASHINGTON - Ukraine's prime minister pushed back Monday against a pair of forces threatening to undermine his fragile government, likening members of Ukraine's parliament to "lunatics" while defending a nationalist militia that is locked in a standoff with police.
- General: US considers expanding Ukraine training to army Updated: Jul-13-15 5:08 pm
WASHINGTON - The U.S. is considering a plan to expand its military training of Ukrainian forces to include army soldiers, the commander of the U.S. Army in Europe said on Monday, describing a potential move that risks heightening tensions with Russia.
- Correction: Russia-Ukraine-Gas story Updated: Jul-06-15 2:54 pm
MOSCOW - In a story July 1 about Gazprom halting gas supplies to Ukraine, The Associated Press reported erroneously that Russia offered Ukraine a price of $247 per cubic meter. The price offered was per thousand cubic meters.