- EU embrace of eastern partners turns lukewarm Updated: May-22-15 10:32 am
RIGA, Latvia - The European Union reaffirmed its partnership with six post-Soviet nations Friday but offered them no new prospects of future membership in the Western bloc at a summit overshadowed by the Ukraine crisis.
- Economic toll of conflict builds up for Ukraine Updated: May-19-15 10:21 am
There seems to be no bottom for Ukraine's economy.
- Observers blast restrictions on citizens in eastern Ukraine Updated: May-13-15 12:13 pm
KIEV, Ukraine - Observers from a European security organization on Wednesday criticized the Ukrainian government for restricting freedom of movement for residents in the war-torn east and urged it to reconsider the permit system it has introduced for crossing the front line.
- Kerry fills in NATO allies on Putin meeting Updated: May-13-15 10:34 am
ANTALYA, Turkey - A day after lengthy talks with Russian President Vladimir Putin, U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry was filling in allies during a gathering of NATO foreign ministers in the southern Turkish town of Antalya.
- No breakthrough as Kerry meets Russia's Putin Updated: May-12-15 5:06 pm
SOCHI, Russia - The United States and Russia emerged Tuesday from their most extensive, high-level talks in years vowing closer cooperation on Ukraine and Syria but unable to point to any breakthrough or new approach to bridge the major differences separating the two powers.
- Kerry heads to Russia in first visit since Ukraine crisis Updated: May-11-15 3:52 pm
WASHINGTON - Secretary of State John Kerry departed Monday for Russia to meet with President Vladimir Putin, on his first visit to the country since relations between Washington and Moscow plummeted to post-Cold War lows amid disagreements over Ukraine and Syria.
- Despite tensions, US, Russia vow cooperation in the Arctic Updated: Apr-24-15 6:17 pm
IQALUIT, Canada - The United States, Russia and other Arctic countries looked past Ukraine's civil war and other tensions Friday, vowing to cooperate on preventing oil spills near the North Pole and combating climate change in a region warming faster than any other.