- France tells Putin to confine airstrikes to Islamic State Updated: Oct-02-15 7:14 pm
PARIS - With Russian warplanes bombing Syria for a third day, French President Francois Holland told President Vladimir Putin on Friday that Moscow's airstrikes must be confined to attacking Islamic State militants, not other rebels opposing the Damascus government.
- AP Interview: Kazakhstan sees unity as key to battling IS Updated: Sep-28-15 1:15 am
NEW YORK - Political divisions prevent the global community from reversing the rise of the Islamic State group, Kazakhstan's top diplomat said, urging world leaders to unite efforts to combat extremism.
- Russia, Ukraine reach deal on winter gas supplies Updated: Sep-25-15 6:15 pm
BRUSSELS - Russia and Ukraine ended months of uncertainty and finally reached agreement Friday on supplies of natural gas to Ukraine for the coming winter, a high-ranking European Union official announced.
- UN: Russia-backed rebels in Ukraine expel aid agencies Updated: Sep-25-15 10:25 am
MOSCOW - The UN refugee agency on Friday criticized Russia-backed rebels in eastern Ukraine for shutting the door on international aid, while the rebels themselves said the ban was instituted to restore order.
- Ukraine, Slovakia condemn Russian gas pipeline project Updated: Sep-10-15 10:09 am
BRATISLAVA, Slovakia - The prime ministers of Slovakia and Ukraine condemned on Thursday a recent deal to expand a pipeline that delivers natural gas directly from Russia to Germany.