- No. 2 Wichita State 32-0 after beating Evansville Updated: Mar-07-14 3:50 pm
- Loyola of Chicago beats Bradley 74-72 Updated: Mar-07-14 12:15 am
- Evansville defeats Drake 69-61 in MVC opener Updated: Mar-06-14 9:35 pm
- Wichita State's Marshall named MVC coach of year Updated: Mar-06-14 3:52 pm
- No. 2 Wichita State dominates Valley awards Updated: Mar-04-14 5:10 pm
- Wiggins brothers ready to put stamp on March Updated: Mar-02-14 2:35 pm
- Evansville edges Loyola of Chicago 75-72 Updated: Mar-01-14 7:05 pm
- Southern Illinois trips Illinois State 66-65 Updated: Mar-01-14 6:58 pm
- Missouri State falls to No. 2 Wichita State 68-45 Updated: Mar-01-14 5:39 pm
- Drake slips past Bradley 71-66 Updated: Mar-01-14 5:39 pm
- No. 2 Wichita St routs Missouri St to stay perfect Updated: Mar-01-14 5:29 pm
- How dominant are Shockers? Ask MVC coaches Updated: Feb-28-14 3:26 pm
- KU coach Bill Self thinks Wichita St is No. 1 seed Updated: Feb-27-14 4:25 pm
- Illinois St. topples Indiana State 77-59 Updated: Feb-26-14 11:26 pm
- Northern Iowa crushes Southern Illinois 73-54 Updated: Feb-26-14 11:26 pm
- Correction: T25-Wichita St-Bradley story Updated: Feb-26-14 6:00 pm
- Term 'mid-major' in hoops finally dies of old age Updated: Feb-26-14 5:15 pm
- No. 2 Wichita State goes 30-0 Updated: Feb-26-14 12:32 am
- Missouri State defeats Loyola of Chicago 72-56 Updated: Feb-25-14 11:05 pm
- Evansville takes down Drake 61-48 Updated: Feb-25-14 10:39 pm
- Northern Iowa powers past Illinois State 72-59 Updated: Feb-23-14 7:30 pm
- No. 3 Wichita St tops Drake 83-54 to go to 29-0 Updated: Feb-23-14 12:11 am
- No. 3 Wichita St tops Drake 83-54 to go to 29-0 Updated: Feb-22-14 11:43 pm
- Loyola (Ill) bows to tough Bradley defense, 55-38 Updated: Feb-22-14 10:56 pm
- Southern Illinois drops Evansville 61-56 Updated: Feb-22-14 10:41 pm
ST. LOUIS - Cleanthony Early and Ron Baker scored 17 points apiece and No. 2 Wichita State set a Missouri Valley tournament record with 11 blocked shots, staying perfect for the season with an 80-58 romp over Evansville in the quarterfinals Friday.
ST. LOUIS - Milton Doyle's 3-pointer with 1 second to play lifted Loyola of Chicago 74-72 over Bradley Thursday night for a first-round Missouri Valley Conference tournament win.
ST. LOUIS - Egidijus Mockevicius tied a career-high with 19 points, had a career-best eight blocks and grabbed 10 rebounds as No. 9 seed Evansville defeated eighth-seeded Drake 69-61 in the opening round of the Missouri Valley tournament Thursday night.
ST. LOUIS - Wichita State's Gregg Marshall, whose team is the first to go unbeaten in the regular season in a decade, was a near unanimous choice as Missouri Valley Conference coach of the year for the third straight season.
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - Wichita State was just about as dominant in the Missouri Valley's postseason awards Thursday as the unbeaten Shockers were in running roughshod through the league schedule.
WICHITA, Kansas - Nick Wiggins stood on the court at Koch Arena with one arm around mom, the other around dad, his second-ranked Shockers having just finished a 31-0 regular season.
CHICAGO - D. J. Balentine scored 24 points and Evansville, leading by 18 in the second half, outlasted a Loyola of Chicago comeback, winning 75-72 on Saturday.
WICHITA, Kansas - Missouri State coach Paul Lusk knew his Bears would have to get out to another big early lead if they were going to complete the job against No. 2 Wichita State on Saturday.
DES MOINES, Iowa - Richard Carter, who finished with 18 points, hit a jump shot and made two free throws in the final 14 seconds to give Drake a 71-66 victory over Bradley Saturday.
WICHITA, Kansas - The chant started when Ron Baker walked toward the Wichita State bench for the final time, and reached a crescendo when he popped the front of his jersey - No. 31.
WICHITA, Kansas - With their votes due this weekend, Bradley's Geno Ford had an easy solution for how Missouri Valley coaches and media should decide the conference's player of the year this season.
LAWRENCE, Kansas - Kansas coach Bill Self believes that unbeaten Wichita State deserves a No. 1 seed in the NCAA tournament - if it beats Missouri State on Saturday and then wins the Missouri Valley tournament.
NORMAL, Illinois - Illinois State drained a 3-pointer just seconds into the game, connected on its first six shots and Daishon Knight scored five of his 20 points in the opening flurry that upended Indiana State 77-59 Wednesday night.
CEDAR FALLS, Iowa - Seth Tuttle scored 19 points with seven assists and seven rebounds as Northern Iowa crushed Southern Illinois 73-54 on Wednesday night.
PEORIA, Illinois - In a story Feb. 25, The Associated Press reported erroneously that Wichita State was the 11th team to start a season 30-0. They are the 12th team to do so.
RIP, "mid-major." It was a good run.
PEORIA, Illinois - Bradley coach Geno Ford was pleased with his team's effort Tuesday night.
SPRINGFIELD, Missouri - Christian Kirk scored 16 points and Keith Pickens 14 as Missouri State defeated Loyola of Chicago 72-56 Tuesday night to stake out - for the moment - sole possession of third place in the Missouri Valley Conference, which begins its post-season tournament next week.
EVANSVILLE, Indiana - D.J. Balentine scored 23 points and had seven assists in Evansville's final home game as the Aces beat Drake 61-48 on Tuesday.
CEDAR FALLS, Iowa - Seth Tuttle scored 18 points, on 6-of-10 shooting, to lead Northern Iowa to a 72-59 win over Illinois State on Sunday.
WICHITA, Kansas - About 11 minutes into the game, fans might've thought Drake had undefeated No. 3 Wichita State in a vulnerable spot: the Bulldogs had a lead and the Shockers' best players - Cleanthony Early and Ron Baker - were benched by foul trouble.
WICHITA, Kansas - Wichita State went to the Final Four last year, yet there was something missing for that team: a Missouri Valley Conference championship.
PEORIA, Illinois - Walt Lemon Jr. scored 16 points and the Brave's defense held Loyola of Chicago to just 27 percent shooting , leading to a 55-38 Bradley victory on Saturday night.
EVANSVILLE, Indiana - Anthony Beane scored 22 points to lead Southern Illinois over Evansville 61-56 on Saturday.