- Reds lose to Pirates in Sampson's first starts Updated: Aug-02-15 5:39 pm
CINCINNATI - Reds rookie starter Keyvius Sampson pitched well in his first career start, the effort all but overshadowed by a benches-clearing scrum.
- Pirates earn split with 3-0 win over Reds Updated: Aug-02-15 4:27 pm
- Benches clear in Pirates-Reds shoving match Updated: Aug-02-15 3:39 pm
CINCINNATI - Both benches and bullpens cleared and there was some shoving after Cincinnati's Brandon Phillips was hit by a pitch by Pittsburgh left-hander Tony Watson in the eighth inning on Sunday.
- Pirates ace Cole loses to Reds again Updated: Aug-01-15 10:51 pm
CINCINNATI - Gerrit Cole made only a couple of mistakes. Against the Reds, that is enough to wind up losing again.
- Reds can't break through in 9th, lose to Pirates 5-4 Updated: Jul-31-15 11:36 pm
CINCINNATI - Starling Marte threw out Brandon Phillips at the plate for the second out in the ninth. Then he made a diving catch to end it.
- Leake will make his Giants' debut Sunday at Texas Updated: Jul-31-15 9:37 pm
ARLINGTON, Texas - Mike Leake is replacing Tim Hudson in San Francisco's rotation, and the newly acquired right-hander will make his Giants' debut in their series finale Sunday at Texas.
- Pirates acquire starter Happ, 1B Morse in trades Updated: Jul-31-15 8:08 pm
CINCINNATI - The Pittsburgh Pirates didn't enter the final 24 hours before the trade deadline looking for a starting pitcher. The state of A.J. Burnett's elbow quickly made them change their mind.
- Giants get RH Mike Leake from Reds for another playoff run Updated: Jul-31-15 1:57 am
CINCINNATI - After whiffing on Cole Hamels, the San Francisco Giants got starter Mike Leake from the Cincinnati Reds for a pair of prospects on Thursday night.
- Reds call up lefty David Holmberg to start vs Pirates Updated: Jul-30-15 4:43 pm
CINCINNATI - The Reds recalled left-hander David Holmberg from the minor leagues to start against the Pittsburgh Pirates on Thursday, taking Johnny Cueto's spot. Cincinnati traded its 20-game winner to Kansas City on Sunday.
- Bruce homers to back DeSclafani as Reds blank Cardinals Updated: Jul-30-15 12:05 am
ST. LOUIS - The Reds may have finally figured out the secret to beating the Cardinals at Busch Stadium: Don't let them score.
- Cardinals OF Holliday leaves game with quad strain Updated: Jul-29-15 9:21 pm
- Reds to honor Rose with bobblehead giveaway Updated: Jul-28-15 7:10 pm
ST. LOUIS - The Cincinnati Reds will honor Pete Rose with his first ever bobblehead giveaway Sept. 12 against the St. Louis Cardinals.
- Cardinals activate Garcia from DL to start against Reds Updated: Jul-28-15 3:12 pm
- Reed wins Texas League honor before being traded to Reds Updated: Jul-27-15 3:09 pm
SPRINGDALE, Arkansas - Former Northwest Arkansas pitcher Cody Reed picked up his first honor as the Texas League's Pitcher of the Week just before being traded from the Kansas City Royals' organization to the Cincinnati Reds'.
- Marlins Park proves a challenge for home run hitters Updated: Jul-27-15 1:00 pm
MIAMI - The weekend before the Reds' Todd Frazier won the All-Star Home Run Derby, he couldn't slug his way out of Marlins Park.
- Rockies hit 5 homers, power way to 17-7 win over Reds Updated: Jul-26-15 9:15 pm
DENVER - Carlos Gonzalez's bat is officially scorching. His demand may be heating up, too, as the trade deadline draws closer.
- Royals get Cueto in trade with Reds Updated: Jul-26-15 9:11 pm
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - The Kansas City Royals acquired Johnny Cueto in a trade with Cincinnati on Sunday, sending three prospects to the Reds for a legitimate ace for the front of their beleaguered rotation.
- Indiana man accused of trespassing at Cincinnati Reds game Updated: Jul-24-15 2:26 pm
CINCINNATI - A 19-year-old Indiana man accused of running across the field during a Cincinnati Reds home game has been arrested.
- Teagarden's hit leads Cubs to 6-5 win over Reds and DH split Updated: Jul-22-15 10:54 pm
CINCINNATI - Down by five runs early, the Chicago Cubs managed to pull one out in a most improbable way: A .154 hitter getting a single off a 101 mph pitch.
- Reds, Athletics, Rockies win lottery for draft picks Updated: Jul-22-15 6:20 pm
NEW YORK - The Reds, Athletics, Rockies, Diamondbacks, Marlins and Pirates won picks after the first round of next year's draft in Major League Baseball's competitive balance lottery.
- Reds put LH reliever Manny Parra on DL with sore elbow Updated: Jul-20-15 4:42 pm
CINCINNATI - The Reds put reliever Manny Parra on the 15-day disabled list Monday with a sore elbow, leaving them without a left-hander in the bullpen other than closer Aroldis Chapman for a four-game series against the Chicago Cubs.
- Gomes, Kipnis lift Indians past Reds in 11 Updated: Jul-19-15 7:20 pm
CINCINNATI - The Cleveland Indians had plenty of scoring chances. They cashed in on just enough to squeeze out a win.
- Reds' Chapman becomes fastest to reach 500 career strikeouts Updated: Jul-19-15 5:59 pm
CINCINNATI - Hard-throwing Reds reliever Aroldis Chapman has set a major league record for the fastest to reach 500 career strikeouts.
- All-Star Game mustaches staying on Cincinnati area sidewalks Updated: Jul-19-15 12:47 pm
CINCINNATI - More than a dozen massive mustache statues throughout Cincinnati and northern Kentucky are staying on sidewalks for two more weeks.
- Exhilarating All-Star week over, Reds will look to deal Updated: Jul-15-15 3:08 pm
CINCINNATI - Todd Frazier won the Home Run Derby with final-swing drama. Aroldis Chapman blew 'em away in the ninth inning. Even the rain stayed away, moving through town without interrupting the biggest moments of the All-Star Game.