- Reds break from slump, start getting players back Updated: Apr-17-14 3:53 pm
- Pirates shut out by Reds' Cueto 4-0 Updated: Apr-16-14 4:41 pm
- Cueto throws 3rd shutout as Reds beat Pirates 4-0 Updated: Apr-16-14 4:26 pm
- Reds lose to Pirates 8-7 in suspended game Updated: Apr-15-14 7:26 pm
- Reds closer Chapman throws off mound for 1st time Updated: Apr-14-14 6:29 pm
- Rays put Cobb on DL with strained oblique Updated: Apr-13-14 6:05 pm
- Heisey hits slam, Mesoraco 4 RBIs as Reds top Rays Updated: Apr-13-14 5:59 pm
- Rays give up Heisey's slam, fall to Reds 12-4 Updated: Apr-13-14 5:56 pm
- Reds' Mat Latos won't throw for 10-14 days Updated: Apr-13-14 1:12 pm
- Reds lose to Rays 1-0 for worst start since 1995 Updated: Apr-12-14 5:45 pm
- Reds' offense struggles during rocky start Updated: Apr-10-14 5:24 pm
- Wacha following up on October rookie breakout Updated: Apr-10-14 4:27 pm
- Reds beat Cardinals 4-0, avoid sweep Updated: Apr-09-14 5:43 pm
- Reds activate Mesoraco from 15-day DL Updated: Apr-07-14 2:53 pm
- Reds' Simon sharp in 1st start in 2 years Updated: Apr-06-14 5:39 pm
- Reds CF Billy Hamilton scratched with finger jam Updated: Apr-05-14 12:38 pm
- Mets give Lucas Duda crack at 1B over Ike Davis Updated: Apr-05-14 12:47 am
- Cardinals beat Reds 7-6 to take 2 of 3 in series Updated: Apr-03-14 8:53 pm
- Reds expect Broxton back next week for closer role Updated: Apr-02-14 5:25 pm
- Defending champ Cards open against depleted Reds Updated: Mar-30-14 9:52 pm
- Reds open season with 8 players on disabled list Updated: Mar-30-14 4:54 pm
- Reds lose to Bats 1-0 in shortened game Updated: Mar-29-14 8:17 pm
- Reds' exhibition against Double-A team rained out Updated: Mar-28-14 9:56 pm
- Bourgeois leads reds past Brewers 8-2 Updated: Mar-27-14 8:00 pm
- Cingrani, Hamilton lead Reds over Diamondbacks Updated: Mar-27-14 7:35 pm
CINCINNATI - The Reds have emerged from their worst start in two decades.
CINCINNATI - Johnny Cueto was on his game, and the only thing that the Pirates could do was watch.
CINCINNATI - That playoff loss in Pittsburgh last year? Johnny Cueto never thought about it much. So getting a chance to shut out the Pirates in a rematch wasn't any more special.
CINCINNATI - No homers, no two-out hits. The Reds were all out of them once the game resumed.
CINCINNATI - Reds closer Aroldis Chapman threw off a mound on Monday for the first time since he was hit in the forehead by a line drive during spring training.
CINCINNATI - The Tampa Bay Rays put right-hander Alex Cobb on the 15-day disabled list Sunday with a strained oblique in his left side, the second starter they've lost to injury in a week.
CINCINNATI - The Reds went two weeks before breaking out of their hitting slump.
CINCINNATI - Pitching with a short-handed staff caught up with the Tampa Bay Rays.
CINCINNATI - Reds starter Mat Latos was diagnosed with a strained right forearm on Sunday and won't be allowed to throw for 10-14 days.
CINCINNATI - Another game full of wasted chances and wasted pitching prompted the Reds to call for a meeting.
CINCINNATI - The Reds' season has started a lot like the last one ended, with a lot of losses set up by a lot runners stranded on base.
ST. LOUIS - Take it from the Cincinnati Reds: Michael Wacha's breakout postseason was no fluke.
ST. LOUIS - The pop fly cleared the infield by about 20-25 feet. Billy Hamilton's teammates have seen his legs in action, but figured he'd stay put at third.
NEW YORK - Alfredo Simon making his first start in more than two years. Manny Parra stepping into the closer's spot.
NEW YORK - Lucas Duda is getting a chance to be the New York Mets' regular first baseman - and making the most of it right away.
CINCINNATI - The defending National League champions opened the season with a lot of waiting. And a couple of wins, too.
CINCINNATI - Reliever Jonathan Broxton could be ready to pitch next week, giving the Cincinnati Reds an experienced closer until Aroldis Chapman is ready to return from a head injury.
CINCINNATI - No waiting for one of the NL Central's longstanding rivalries to resume. The Cardinals and Reds can start playing their annual game of look-who's-in-first right from the first pitch.
CINCINNATI - The Reds will open the season with eight players on the disabled list, including starter Mat Latos, closer Aroldis Chapman and catcher Devin Mesoraco.
LOUISVILLE, Kentucky - Homer Bailey pitched three innings without problem, showing he has recovered from a groin injury, and the Cincinnati Reds ended their spring training schedule by losing to their Triple-A Louisville Bats team 1-0 on Saturday in a rain-shortened game.
PENSACOLA, Florida - The scheduled exhibition game between the Cincinnati Reds and their Double-A Pensacola affiliate has been canceled because of rain.