- Correction: Heroin Abuse story Updated: Aug-04-15 1:41 pm
LACONIA, New Hampshire - In a story Aug. 3 about efforts to combat the heroin abuse problem in New Hampshire, a quote provided by U.S. Sen. Kelly Ayotte's office misstated the status of a budget amendment that provided funding to address heroin and prescription drug abuse. The amendment was passed by the Senate Budget Committee, not the full Senate.
- GOP hopefuls take on illegal immigration in debate preview Updated: Aug-03-15 11:07 pm
MANCHESTER, New Hampshire - The Republican Party's presidential class demanded aggressive steps to curb illegal immigration, seizing on a delicate political issue while facing off in New Hampshire on Monday night during a crowded and pointed preview of the 2016 primary season's first full-fledged debate.
- NH DOT works toward project to eliminate erosion at bridge Updated: Aug-03-15 2:04 pm
CORNISH, New Hampshire - The New Hampshire Department of Transportation hopes to start work next year on a project to eliminate erosion around supports of a historic covered bridge connecting the state to Vermont.
- GOP White House hopefuls flood New Hampshire Updated: Aug-03-15 4:06 am
CONCORD, New Hampshire - Days before the first official debate of the 2016 Republican presidential primary, nearly every GOP White House hopeful is heading to New Hampshire.
- Hassan, GOP lawmakers talking, but still no budget deal Updated: Aug-01-15 9:08 am
CONCORD, New Hampshire - The state is entering the second month of a budget stalemate and Republican leaders say a compromise could be months away even as discussions continue between GOP lawmakers and Democratic Gov. Maggie Hassan.
- Court finds in couple's favor over attempt to sue ski resort Updated: Jul-28-15 10:29 am
CONCORD, New Hampshire - The New Hampshire Supreme Court has ruled in favor of a couple who attempted to sue Pat's Peak Ski Resort over a chairlift fall, but whose complaint was dismissed for failing to give proper notice.
- New Hampshire police, AG, investigate death of 4-month-old Updated: Jul-24-15 4:40 pm
GREENLAND, New Hampshire - Officials in New Hampshire say they are investigating the death of a 4-month-old baby.
- Bush calls on GOP to embrace Latinos, African-Americans Updated: Jul-23-15 7:08 pm
GORHAM, New Hampshire - Calling on his party to embrace diversity, former Florida Gov. Jeb Bush declared Thursday that Republicans will never win the presidency if they don't campaign in "every nook and cranny" of the country - especially in Hispanic and African-American communities.
- Hassan presents compromise budget plan Updated: Jul-23-15 1:49 pm
CONCORD, New Hampshire - Gov. Maggie Hassan said Thursday she's willing to accept business tax cuts backed by Republicans in exchange for an increase in the cigarette tax and car registration fees, but GOP lawmakers were quick to dismiss her proposal as political gamesmanship.
- Bicyclist dead after collision with 10-wheel garbage truck Updated: Jul-22-15 5:53 pm
EXETER, New Hampshire - New Hampshire state police say a bicyclist is dead after a collision with a truck in Exeter.
- Ohio Gov. Kasich set to campaign in New Hampshire Updated: Jul-21-15 5:05 am
CONCORD, New Hampshire - Ohio Gov. John Kasich is heading to New Hampshire immediately after making his run for the GOP presidential nomination official.
- GOP's Rubio cancels New Hampshire visit due to illness Updated: Jul-20-15 9:32 am
CONCORD, New Hampshire - Florida Sen. Marco Rubio has canceled a two-day campaign swing in New Hampshire due to illness.
- Skateboarder dies after collision with pickup truck Updated: Jul-13-15 3:43 am
LISBON, New Hampshire - A skateboarder who collided with a pickup truck driven by an off-duty state police troop commander last week in New Hampshire has died.
- Can independent Sanders get on NH Democratic primary ballot? Updated: Jul-11-15 8:58 am
CONCORD, New Hampshire - From his run for mayor of Burlington to numerous campaigns for Congress, Vermont Sen. Bernie Sanders has for more than three decades eschewed traditional party labels in his pursuit of political office, winning election after election as an independent.
- New Hampshire lawmaker questions Dartmouth land agreement Updated: Jul-09-15 6:01 pm
CONCORD, New Hampshire - More than two centuries after a gift of land from the New Hampshire Legislature helped keep Dartmouth College afloat, a current lawmaker wants the Ivy League school to do more to repay the state's generosity.
- 2 fatalities, 96 citations under 'hands-free' law July 4 Updated: Jul-07-15 6:40 am
CONCORD, New Hampshire - New Hampshire State Police say there were two fatal motor vehicle crashes over the July Fourth weekend and over 400 citations given for speeding.