- NH Attorney General declines to join Phillips Exeter probe Updated: May-03-16 3:42 am
CONCORD, New Hampshire - New Hampshire Attorney General Joseph Foster says he sees "no active role" for his office in investigating Phillips Exeter Academy's handling of sexual misconduct allegations at the elite prep school.
- GOP state lawmaker Tucker ends congressional bid Updated: May-02-16 5:53 pm
CONCORD, New Hampshire - Congressman Frank Guinta is down another opponent in the Republican primary to hold his seat.
- Lawmakers to hear presentations on economy, demographics Updated: May-02-16 12:24 am
CONCORD, New Hampshire - Lawmakers are receiving a series of briefings on New Hampshire's labor market, economy and demographic challenges.
- Senate, House disagree on mandatory minimum sentencing bill Updated: Apr-28-16 5:11 pm
CONCORD, New Hampshire - Senate and House lawmakers in New Hampshire disagree over whether armed career criminals should face mandatory minimum prison sentences.
- Senate delays action on needle exchange bill Updated: Apr-28-16 3:15 pm
CONCORD, New Hampshire - The New Hampshire Senate is delaying action on a bill that would remove criminal penalties for possessing syringes with trace amounts of illegal drugs.
- US House hopeful denies seeking payout from Dems to drop out Updated: Apr-25-16 5:55 pm
CONCORD, New Hampshire - Congressional hopeful Shawn O'Connor on Monday said an allegation that he sought payment from the state Democratic Party to withdraw from his primary race is not only false but also ridiculous given his personal wealth.
- House on break, not meeting in Wednesday session Updated: Apr-25-16 12:21 am
CONCORD, New Hampshire - The New Hampshire House is on a break from formal session days until mid-May, but plenty of work is continuing at the committee level.
- Police: 1 dead, 1 charged with aggravated DUI after crash Updated: Apr-24-16 9:21 am
CLAREMONT, New Hampshire - New Hampshire state police say one woman is dead and another is charged with aggravated driving while intoxicated and negligent homicide after a one-car crash in Claremont Saturday.
- Children's savings account programs spread in New England Updated: Apr-23-16 10:58 am
CONCORD, New Hampshire - New Hampshire is considering a new program to help children save money for college, but the proposal lags years behind other nearby states in timing and target population.
- Police say man used false info to get driver's license Updated: Apr-23-16 10:56 am
MANCHESTER, New Hampshire - New Hampshire state police say they have charged a Massachusetts man with using false information to obtain a driver's license.
- Officials: Stoddard firefighter charged with arson Updated: Apr-22-16 6:15 pm
STODDARD, New Hampshire - New Hampshire state police say a Stoddard firefighter has been charged with arson in connection with a brush fire in that town that burned 190 acres and prompted the voluntary evacuation of 17 homes.
- Shaheen hosting discussion on New Hampshire Zika virus prep Updated: Apr-22-16 12:23 am
CONCORD, New Hampshire - Democratic U.S. Sen. Jeanne Shaheen of New Hampshire is hosting a discussion with health officials on how state agencies and hospitals are preparing for the Zika virus.
- Senate defeats effort to decriminalize marijuana Updated: Apr-21-16 2:11 pm
CONCORD, New Hampshire - Senate lawmakers on Thursday rejected an effort to remove criminal penalties for possessing small amounts of pot, leaving New Hampshire as the only New England state without some form of marijuana decriminalization.
- Ex-lawmaker accused of trying to lure teen waives hearing Updated: Apr-20-16 9:56 am
CANDIA, New Hampshire - A former New Hampshire state lawmaker accused of trying to lure a 14-year-old girl into a sexual encounter has waived a hearing.
- House to debate drug crisis money, using cells while driving Updated: Apr-20-16 12:09 am
CONCORD, New Hampshire - Child protection laws, funding for the drug crisis and changes to the state's ban on using cellphones while driving are all up for debate when the New Hampshire House convenes.
- Planned Parenthood targets Ayotte in first 2016 Senate TV ad Updated: Apr-19-16 12:26 pm
CONCORD, New Hampshire - Republican Sen. Kelly Ayotte is the target of Planned Parenthood's first television ad of the 2016 Senate cycle, a spot hitting New Hampshire's freshman senator for her anti-abortion stance and opposition to holding hearings on President Barack Obama's Supreme Court nominee.
- Court orders district to produce records in electronic form Updated: Apr-19-16 11:55 am
CONCORD, New Hampshire - The New Hampshire Supreme Court has required a school district to provide budget documents to a school board member in an electronic format, acknowledging the decision advances the purpose of the state's Right to Know law.
- Senate works to remove disgraced former reps' name from bill Updated: Apr-18-16 2:52 pm
CONCORD, New Hampshire - There's no simple way to remove a lawmaker's name from a bill in New Hampshire - even if he or she has been arrested or resigned.
- K9 arson training program moving from Maine to NH Updated: Apr-17-16 3:05 pm
CONCORD, New Hampshire - A nationally recognized program that trains arson detection dogs is relocating from Maine to New Hampshire.
- 1 dead, 1 critically injured in single crash in Rochester Updated: Apr-16-16 9:06 am
ROCHESTER, New Hampshire - New Hampshire state police say one man is dead and another suffered life-threatening injuries in a one car crash in Rochester.
- Committee tweaks bill aimed at protecting addicts' kids Updated: Apr-12-16 1:56 pm
CONCORD, New Hampshire - A House committee is recommending changes to a bill that attempts to protect New Hampshire's youngest residents from the state's growing opioid abuse crisis - a response to concerns raised by obstetricians.
- Legislator barred from bringing oxygen tank to House chamber Updated: Apr-11-16 1:09 pm
UNITY, New Hampshire - An 80-year-old New Hampshire legislator with a lung problem has been told not to bring his portable oxygen concentrator with him to the Statehouse because it creates a safety hazard.
- Nighttime construction work on I-93 in Windham, Derry Updated: Apr-09-16 8:40 am
WINDHAM, New Hampshire - The New Hampshire Department of Transportation is doing night work associated with the construction of Interstate 93 northbound from the weigh station in Windham to south of the Exit 4 interchange.
- Court: Adviser who helped girl get abortion should keep job Updated: Apr-07-16 4:09 pm
CONCORD, New Hampshire - A school guidance counselor who helped a 15-year-old girl get judicial approval for an abortion without telling her parents shouldn't have lost her job, the state's highest court ruled Thursday.
- Republican Sen. Kelly Ayotte to meet with Garland next week Updated: Apr-04-16 12:32 pm
CONCORD, New Hampshire - Republican Sen. Kelly Ayotte of New Hampshire is planning to meet with Supreme Court nominee Merrick Garland next week.