- Liquor, pot debate moves from Capitol to ballot Updated: Mar-09-14 1:23 pm
- Oregon says Columbia River bridge project is dead Updated: Mar-07-14 10:31 pm
- Oregon Legislature approves budget, adjourns Updated: Mar-07-14 9:43 pm
- Gov. John Kitzhaber signs tribal mascot bill Updated: Mar-06-14 10:08 pm
- Oregon Legislature OKs school safety task force Updated: Mar-06-14 8:08 pm
- Cover Oregon to seek more flexibility, time Updated: Mar-06-14 8:04 pm
- Oregon Senate votes down class-action bill Updated: Mar-06-14 5:06 pm
- Oregon county parks get needed funding boost Updated: Mar-06-14 4:34 pm
- Rail trail proposal rolls through Oregon House Updated: Mar-05-14 9:19 pm
- Oregon lawmaker says he detained drunken driver Updated: Mar-05-14 6:25 pm
- Oregon House panel OKs temporary dispensary bans Updated: Mar-04-14 10:35 pm
- Cover Oregon probe wants access to Oracle staff Updated: Feb-28-14 8:43 pm
- Oregon lawmakers want more time on DUII bill Updated: Feb-27-14 7:17 pm
- Oregon Senate passes pair of gun bills Updated: Feb-27-14 4:30 pm
- House OKs rewrite of driver's license ballot title Updated: Feb-27-14 3:26 pm
- Oregon mascot bill heads to governor for signature Updated: Feb-26-14 7:22 pm
- Oregon Senate backs new public records exemption Updated: Feb-26-14 6:34 pm
- Bill: No alcohol monitors for some drunken drivers Updated: Feb-25-14 7:02 pm
- Oregon House GOP ousts Parrish from leadership Updated: Feb-24-14 11:24 pm
- Oregon Legislature passes bill to protect bees Updated: Feb-24-14 8:47 pm
- Oregon House panel advances tribal mascots bill Updated: Feb-24-14 7:46 pm
- Oregon House panel OKs local pot-dispensary bans Updated: Feb-24-14 7:26 pm
- Oregon secretary of state restores online systems Updated: Feb-24-14 5:52 pm
- Oregon House OKs Hatfield statue in US Capitol Updated: Feb-21-14 8:55 pm
- Ore. Senate OKs medical amnesty for young drinkers Updated: Feb-20-14 9:31 pm
SALEM, Oregon - Now that key liquor and pot bills failed to gain traction in the Oregon Legislature, the venue shifts to the ballot box.
SALEM, Oregon - The Oregon Department of Transportation announced Friday that it's shutting down planning for the Columbia River Crossing project after the state Legislature declined to approve funding to build a new Interstate 5 and light-rail bridge into Washington.
SALEM, Oregon - The state Legislature voted Friday to approve funding for cancer research facilities at Oregon Health & Science University, got the budget back in balance and then adjourned the 2014 session.
SALEM, Oregon - Oregon schools will have a chance to keep their Native American mascots under a bill Gov. John Kitzhaber's signed into law Thursday.
SALEM, Oregon - Oregon lawmakers want to look at improving school safety with a possible online database of floor plans for all schools in the state.
SALEM, Oregon - Oregon will ask the federal government for permission to give Oregonians more time to comply with the Affordable Care Act because of delays with the state's online health insurance exchange.
SALEM, Oregon - The Oregon Senate on Thursday voted down a bill that would have used unclaimed money from class-action judgments to boost funding for lawyers who serve the poor.
SALEM, Oregon - Oregon's county parks will soon get a funding boost thanks to a measure that cleared the state Legislature Thursday.
SALEM, Oregon - A proposal to develop an 85-mile trail along an old railroad bed in Northwestern Oregon is gaining steam in Salem.
SALEM, Oregon - An Oregon legislator says he chased down a drunken driving suspect who sideswiped his car on Interstate 5.
SALEM, Oregon - A state House committee has approved a compromise measure that would allow Oregon communities to ban medical marijuana facilities, but only temporarily.
SALEM, Oregon - Independent investigators looking into the failures with the Cover Oregon health insurance exchange have not been able to talk to six Oracle employees whom they've asked to interview, a state official told lawmakers Friday.
SALEM, Oregon - The Oregon Senate moved to delay a measure that would loosen the requirements for which drunken drivers must use ignition interlock devices.
SALEM, Oregon - Oregon prison guards are one step closer to winning authority to keep guns in their cars during the workday.
SALEM, Oregon - The Oregon House has voted to rewrite the ballot title for a referendum to restore driving privileges for people who can't prove they're legally in the United States.
SALEM, Oregon - A bill expected to become law in Oregon would allow some of the state's elementary, middle and high schools to continue using Native American mascots if local boards and tribes can agree to terms.
SALEM, Oregon - The Oregon Senate has voted to carve another hole in the state's public records law.
SALEM, Oregon - Oregon courts could get more discretion in deciding which drunken drivers are required to use breath-alcohol-monitoring devices before getting behind the wheel.
SALEM, Oregon - Oregon House Republicans voted Monday evening to oust Rep. Julie Parrish, one of the Legislature's most vocal and visible Republicans, from its leadership team.
SALEM, Oregon - Oregon lawmakers will not restrict pesticides suspected of causing bumblebee die-offs in Wilsonville and Hillsboro last summer.
SALEM, Oregon - Oregon schools are one step closer to keeping Native American mascots under a bill that cleared the House Education committee Monday.
SALEM, Oregon - An Oregon House committee moved Monday to let cities and counties ban medical marijuana dispensaries, reversing a Senate decision to allow local governments to regulate but not ban the pot stores that will become legal this year.
SALEM, Oregon - Oregon Secretary of State Kate Brown says her office has restored access to business and campaign finance records that were taken offline after someone hacked them.
SALEM, Oregon - The Oregon House voted Friday to pull a statue of Oregon pioneer Jason Lee from a prominent place in the U.S. Capitol and replace it with one of Mark Hatfield, the influential Oregon politician and World War II veteran who died in 2011 at the age of 89.
SALEM, Oregon - The Oregon Senate gave final legislative approval to a bill that would provide some legal immunity to underage drinkers who seek medical attention because of alcohol.