- Senate leaders ask for special session Updated: Apr-16-14 5:53 pm
- Ky. lawmakers finish work highlighted by budget Updated: Apr-16-14 2:24 pm
- Lawmakers fail to approve bonding for Rupp project Updated: Apr-16-14 12:57 am
- Lawmakers toughen accountability for districts Updated: Apr-15-14 11:01 pm
- Lawmakers OK expanding coalfield scholarship bill Updated: Apr-15-14 10:52 pm
- Road-spending plan passes Kentucky legislature Updated: Apr-15-14 8:55 pm
- Grimes raised $2.7 million in first quarter Updated: Apr-15-14 1:57 pm
- House approves ethics reform Updated: Apr-14-14 8:19 pm
- Police: Ky. man charged for burning cat in stove Updated: Apr-12-14 4:04 pm
- Gov. clears way for broader projects at colleges Updated: Apr-11-14 8:52 pm
- NRA endorses McConnell in Kentucky GOP primary Updated: Apr-11-14 4:50 pm
- State police dispatching for conservation officers Updated: Apr-11-14 4:07 am
- Beshear signs cannabis oil bill Updated: Apr-10-14 6:20 pm
- Kentucky budget surplus less likely Updated: Apr-10-14 2:19 pm
- Women give Grimes blessing to keep donation Updated: Apr-10-14 12:02 pm
- Troopers warm of possible phone scam Updated: Apr-08-14 4:10 am
- Beshear raised $1 million for attorney general Updated: Apr-07-14 5:48 pm
- Beshear announces automotive industry trade group Updated: Apr-07-14 5:11 pm
- Kentucky reports rise in heroin use Updated: Apr-05-14 4:56 pm
- Ky. Senate hopeful Bevin spoke at cockfight rally Updated: Apr-04-14 2:50 pm
- Ky. Lawmakers vote to offer bourbon tax credit Updated: Apr-03-14 5:23 pm
- Man jumps into Cumberland to avoid arrest Updated: Apr-03-14 9:08 am
- Mother charged with abuse in death of toddler Updated: Apr-02-14 10:20 am
- Teachers get automatic raises in state budget Updated: Apr-01-14 4:25 pm
- Kentucky editorial roundup Updated: Apr-01-14 3:56 pm
FRANKFORT, Kentucky - The support of the governor, attorney general and leaders of both parties in the state legislature was not enough to pass a bill strengthening sentences for serious heroin dealers and expanding the state's substance abuse treatment programs.
FRANKFORT, Kentucky - Kentucky lawmakers boosted state funding for schools, revamped the juvenile justice system to lock up fewer kids and legalized a medicinal oil derived from marijuana to ease the suffering of children stricken with seizures.
FRANKFORT, Kentucky - The clock finally ran out on a proposal to insert state-supported bonding into the financing packaging to renovate Rupp Arena.
FRANKFORT, Kentucky - A bill aimed at strengthening accountability standards for Kentucky's school districts has won final approval from state lawmakers.
FRANKFORT, Kentucky - Lawmakers have given final passage to a bill expanding a scholarship program for students in Kentucky's struggling coal regions.
FRANKFORT, Kentucky - Kentucky House and Senate lawmakers agreed Tuesday to a $4.1 billion road-spending plan on the Legislature's final day, avoiding an expensive special session.
FRANKFORT, Kentucky - Alison Lundergan Grimes raised more money than Mitch McConnell in the past three months, but the Democratic U.S. Senate candidate still trails the Senate Republican leader by a 2-to-1 margin in available funds.
FRANKFORT, Kentucky - House lawmakers overwhelmingly approved sweeping changes to the Legislative Ethics Commission on Monday in an attempt to quell the political storm that erupted last week after the panel did not punish a former lawmaker accused of sexual harassment.
HARLAN, Kentucky - Police say a Harlan County man who allegedly threw a cat into a wood-burning stove during an argument has been charged with a felony.
FRANKFORT, Kentucky - Gov. Steve Beshear said Friday that he vetoed language in the state budget bill that threatened to scale back an ambitious round of construction projects at community and technical college campuses in Kentucky.
FRANKFORT, Kentucky - U.S. Sen. Mitch McConnell now has an endorsement to go with his gun.
FRANKFORT, Kentucky - Kentucky State Police are now providing dispatching operations for the Department of Fish and Wildlife Services.
FRANKFORT, Kentucky - Kentucky farmers can grow hemp, and now Kentucky doctors can use it for medicine.
FRANKFORT, Kentucky - Kentucky's general fund tax revenues increased 2.4 percent in March - enough to ward off a deficit but not enough to promise a surplus.
FRANKFORT, Kentucky - Two women at the center of a sexual harassment scandal told U.S. Senate candidate Alison Lundergan Grimes to keep a $250 campaign donation from a former Democratic lawmaker accused of sexually harassing the two women at the state Capitol.
SEBREE, Kentucky - Kentucky State Police troopers are warning of a possible scam involving a caller offering money because of a medical problem.
FRANKFORT, Kentucky - Andy Beshear says he has raised more than $1 million in his bid to become Kentucky's next attorney general.
FRANKFORT, Kentucky - Gov. Steve Beshear said Monday he wants Kentucky to be as synonymous with the auto industry as Detroit.
FRANKFORT, Kentucky - Some states, including Kentucky, are reporting a rise in heroin use as many addicts shift from more costly and harder-to-get prescription opiates to this cheaper alternative. A look at what's happening in Kentucky
LOUISVILLE, Kentucky - Republican Senate candidate Matt Bevin spoke at a rally in Kentucky meant to build support for legal cockfighting.
FRANKFORT, Kentucky - Kentucky has more barrels of bourbon than it does people - and soon those barrels could be aging tax free.
PINEVILLE, Kentucky - Police say Bell County man pulled over for speeding jumped into the Cumberland River in order to avoid arrest.
GHENT, Kentucky - A northern Kentucky mother has been charged with criminal abuse after her two-year-old son died from a drug overdose.
FRANKFORT, Kentucky - Kentucky's roughly 100,000 teachers and administrative staff will get an automatic pay raise in each of the next two years.
Recent editorials from Kentucky newspapers: