- GOP running mates test messages before statewide audience Updated: May-04-15 9:58 pm
LEXINGTON, Kentucky - The running mates in Kentucky's contentious Republican primary for governor tested their candidates' messages before a statewide television audience Monday night in the first of two pivotal debates ahead of the May 19 election.
- Kentucky GOP adding to its rolls but Democrats hold majority Updated: May-04-15 5:49 pm
FRANKFORT, Kentucky - As much as they publicly despise him, Kentucky Republicans will likely miss Democratic President Barack Obama when he leaves office in 2017.
- Kentucky State Police fatally shoot man in confrontation Updated: May-04-15 7:36 am
CHAVIES, Kentucky - Police have fatally shot a man in eastern Kentucky after a confrontation.
- Safe driving course offered for Kentucky teenagers Updated: May-04-15 5:05 am
MURRAY, Kentucky - Schools throughout Kentucky may participate in a safe driving course for teenagers, put on by Kentucky State Police, the National Safety Council and Toyota Motor Manufacturing Inc.
- Lane closures planned on I-65 in Hardin County Updated: May-01-15 4:05 am
ELIZABETHTOWN, Kentucky - The Kentucky Transportation Cabinet says there will be lane closures on Interstate 65 in northern Hardin County during the next couple of weeks.
- After losses, Kentucky Sen. Alvarado rising quickly in GOP Updated: Apr-29-15 5:55 pm
FRANKFORT, Kentucky - Ralph Alvarado came back to politics after someone spray painted a racial slur on his front porch. He came back after an embarrassing 15-point loss to a Democrat in 2006. And he came back after an agonizingly close loss in 2010 that cost more than $100,000.
- GOP candidates court conservative advocacy group in debate Updated: Apr-28-15 10:12 pm
BOWLING GREEN, Kentucky - Kentucky's leading Republican candidates for governor jockeyed to position themselves on the right side of key conservative issues during a debate Tuesday night before one of the country's major conservative advocacy groups.
- Kentucky Transportation Cabinet marks Workers' Memorial Day Updated: Apr-28-15 4:02 am
FRANKFORT, Kentucky - The Kentucky Transportation Cabinet is honoring employees killed on the job in observance of National Workers' Memorial Day on Tuesday.
- New Kentucky State Police Academy dedicated in Frankfort Updated: Apr-28-15 3:34 am
FRANKFORT, Kentucky - When Kentucky State Police cadets report for training next month, it will be at a different facility in Frankfort.
- Comer proposes earned-income tax credit Updated: Apr-27-15 3:21 pm
LOUISVILLE, Kentucky - Republican gubernatorial candidate James Comer on Monday proposed an earned-income tax credit to reduce the tax burden on many Kentucky families and suggested eliminating some special-interest tax credits as a way to help pay for it.
- Nonprofit group's expensive attack ads driving GOP debate Updated: Apr-27-15 2:07 pm
FRANKFORT, Kentucky - It's 10 seconds James Comer probably wishes he could have back.
- Law enforcement agencies work on cooperation Updated: Apr-27-15 12:55 pm
ASHLAND, Kentucky - Law enforcement agencies in northeastern Kentucky are working together to fight crime.
- 2 bodies, meth lab found inside burned building Updated: Apr-27-15 7:53 am
HARRODSBURG, Kentucky - Kentucky State Police say they are investigating after two bodies and a meth lab were found in a burned building.
- Proposed electric increases fuel Kentucky governor's race Updated: Apr-24-15 11:52 am
LOUISVILLE, Kentucky - Tammy Stewart makes about $1,600 a month and it goes quickly: a mortgage and a car, insurance, utilities and student loans.
- Kentucky editorial roundup Updated: Apr-22-15 2:17 pm
Recent editorials from Kentucky newspapers:
- Republican governor candidates to debate May 11 on KET Updated: Apr-20-15 5:19 pm
FRANKFORT, Kentucky - Kentucky's four Republican candidates for governor will meet on statewide television one week before the May 19 primary.
- Police identify man shot, killed by Wilmore officers Updated: Apr-20-15 7:40 am
WILMORE, Kentucky - Kentucky State Police have identified the man who was fatally shot by Wilmore officers and say he had threatened to kill himself.
- Kentucky officials hope drugs can help drug addicts Updated: Apr-18-15 10:56 am
SOMERSET, Kentucky - At her lowest point, Deanna Hays' stole Disney movies from her 3-year-old nephew to sell for drug money.
- Ky. officials approve tuition increases at 4 state colleges Updated: Apr-17-15 7:33 pm
FRANKFORT, Kentucky - State officials approved at or near maximum tuition increases at four state universities Friday amid a heated GOP primary for governor where the candidates have lamented the escalating cost of college.
- License plate supporting eastern Kentucky program approved Updated: Apr-17-15 4:07 am
FRANKFORT, Kentucky - Kentucky residents can sign up for a new license plate showing support for an initiative to diversify eastern Kentucky's economy.
- Madison grand jury issues no indictment in police shooting Updated: Apr-15-15 7:36 pm
RICHMOND, Kentucky - A Madison County grand jury has declined to indict anyone in the death of a man who was shot by law enforcement officers last fall.
- Volunteers cleaning roadsides warned about drug litter Updated: Apr-14-15 1:02 pm
LOUISVILLE, Kentucky - An increase in dangerous drug paraphernalia along roadsides has led the Kentucky Transportation Cabinet to issue warnings to its 700 Adopt-A-Highway groups.
- Amid heated race, 2 GOP candidates for governor throw pies Updated: Apr-13-15 12:59 pm
FRANKFORT, Kentucky - The Republican primary for governor is getting messy.
- Public meeting set for discussion of Mountain Parkway plan Updated: Apr-13-15 5:04 am
PRESTONSBURG, Kentucky - The Kentucky Transportation Cabinet is holding a public meeting this week in eastern Kentucky to present information and gather feedback about options for extending the Mountain Parkway from Salyersville to Prestonsburg.
- For bridge workers, the office is 230 feet in the air Updated: Apr-11-15 12:44 pm
LOUSIVILLE, Kentucky - Drivers who've crossed the Kennedy Memorial Bridge in recent months likely have noted the progress of the growing towers for the cable-stayed bridge just east of it, but the unique workspace - 230 feet in the air - has been somewhat of a mystery.