- Son of man charged in girl's death back in Ky after arrest Updated: Nov-24-15 1:36 pm
LOUISVILLE, Kentucky - The oldest son of a man charged with raping and killing a 7-year-old Kentucky girl whose body was found in a creek has been arrested for allegedly making threats to a small-town police department after his father was taken into custody.
- Transportation officials remind travelers to buckle up Updated: Nov-23-15 5:01 am
FRANKFORT, Kentucky - The Kentucky Office of Highway Safety wants motorists to remember to fasten their seat belts before taking off on Thanksgiving adventures.
- State police focusing on traffic enforcement around holidays Updated: Nov-23-15 5:01 am
FRANKFORT, Kentucky - Kentucky State Police say they are targeting drivers who are aggressive, impaired and distracted in the upcoming holiday season in an effort to save lives and reduce injury-related crashes.
- ACLU says Kentucky clerk should have to reissue licenses Updated: Nov-20-15 5:29 pm
FRANKFORT, Kentucky - The American Civil Liberties Union says a Kentucky county clerk's office should reissue altered marriage licenses even though the governor has promised to recognize them as valid.
- Democratic Kentucky House member switching parties Updated: Nov-19-15 6:05 pm
FRANKFORT, Kentucky - A Kentucky state lawmaker has switched parties to become a Republican, moving the GOP closer to seizing control of the only legislative chamber in the South still controlled by Democrats.
- Police warn Kentucky drivers about deer hazards Updated: Nov-16-15 4:16 am
FRANKFORT, Kentucky - It's mating and hunting season for deer, and Kentucky State Police are warning motorists to be aware of the increased risk that brings.
- Noah's Ark religious attraction to open in July in Kentucky Updated: Nov-12-15 8:55 pm
WILLIAMSTOWN, Kentucky - Construction of a Noah's Ark attraction in northern Kentucky is sailing along, and the builders say it will open next year.
- U. of Kentucky medical foundation ordered to open records Updated: Nov-10-15 2:22 pm
LEXINGTON, Kentucky - Attorney General Jack Conway has ruled that a foundation affiliated with the University of Kentucky that was questioned during the controversial ouster of a university surgeon must turn over its records for public inspection.
- Triple shooting leaves 1 dead, 2 injured Updated: Nov-09-15 11:34 am
CAMPTON, Kentucky - Kentucky State Police say one person is dead and two others injured in a shooting in eastern Kentucky.
- Republican Party of Kentucky names next chairman Updated: Nov-09-15 8:43 am
FRANKFORT, Kentucky - Mac Brown is the next chairman of the Republican Party of Kentucky.
- Republicans capitalize on anti-Obama fervor in coal country Updated: Nov-07-15 3:57 am
PIKEVILLE, Kentucky - In the heart of Kentucky's coal country, where sons followed fathers and grandfathers into the mines, support for Democrats ran as deep as the coal seams that powered the region's economy. But as the Appalachian coal sector's future has dimmed, so has political loyalty.
- Northup endorses Rubio, will lead his Kentucky campaign Updated: Nov-06-15 11:45 am
FRANKFORT, Kentucky - Republican presidential candidate Marco Rubio gained the endorsement of former Congresswoman Anne Northup on Friday and named her chairwoman for his state campaign, as he takes steps to compete in Kentucky's first ever presidential caucus.
- Republicans see health care mandate in Kentucky elections Updated: Nov-05-15 4:50 am
LOUISVILLE, Kentucky - Kentucky Republicans view Tuesday's election results as a mandate to dismantle one of the country's most heralded health care programs in the name of fiscal responsibility.
- The Latest: Kentucky police shooting suspect arrested Updated: Nov-04-15 8:05 pm
RICHMOND, Kentucky - The Latest news on a Kentucky police officer who was shot and wounded while searching for a robbery suspect Wednesday morning.
- Jury indicts Scottsville man on 100+ counts of sex crimes Updated: Nov-04-15 8:40 am
SCOTTSVILLE, Kentucky - A grand jury has indicted a Scottsville man on more than 100 counts of sex crimes.
- Republican victories leave Kentucky Democrats reeling Updated: Nov-04-15 6:06 am
FRANKFORT, Kentucky - Just two years ago, Kentucky Democrats boasted a deep bench of three young stars who aligned to prove the party could still win in the conservative South with a message focused on the economy and jobs instead of abortion and gay marriage.
- GOP wins Kentucky governor's race in top state election Updated: Nov-04-15 1:33 am
Kentucky voters on Tuesday elected just the second Republican in four decades to hold the governor's office, in a race that hinged largely on President Barack Obama's signature legislation, the Affordable Care Act.
- Governor's son elected Kentucky's next attorney general Updated: Nov-03-15 10:53 pm
LOUISVILLE, Kentucky - Democrat Andy Beshear, the son of Kentucky's governor, was elected as the state's next attorney general by a razor-thin margin Tuesday, surviving a Republican onslaught that cost Democrats the governorship and the state auditor's office.
- GOP governor win leads surge sweeping Kentucky elections Updated: Nov-03-15 10:46 pm
LOUISVILLE, Kentucky - A GOP surge swept the state during Tuesday's election, winning Republicans the hard-fought race for Governor and ousting the incumbent Democratic state auditor:
- The Latest: Democrat Andy Beshear elected attorney general Updated: Nov-03-15 9:37 pm
LOUISVILLE, Kentucky - The latest on Kentucky's general election, including the nation's most competitive campaign for governor.
- Bevin, Conway try to excite voters ahead of Tuesday's vote Updated: Nov-02-15 4:06 pm
LEXINGTON, Kentucky -
- Police investigate report of shot fired on Interstate 65 Updated: Nov-02-15 12:17 pm
BOWLING GREEN, Kentucky - Kentucky State Police say they are investigating a report of a road rage shooting on Interstate 65 in southern Kentucky.
- 2 judges in heated fight for Kentucky Supreme Court seat Updated: Oct-30-15 3:04 pm
LOUISVILLE, Kentucky - The ad that repeated on eastern Kentucky radio stations began with an ominous declaration. Janet Stumbo, an appeals court judge running for the state Supreme Court, "sided with criminals nearly 60 percent of the time," her opponent warned before describing the details of grisly murders.
- The Latest on Kentucky fugitive: 'People can rest easy now' Updated: Oct-30-15 2:29 pm
BURKESVILLE, Kentucky - Here are the latest developments on a fugutive who was accused of shooting at law officers in Tennessee and Kentucky and died in a shootout days later (all times local):
- Police: Kentucky fugitive dies in shootout after manhunt Updated: Oct-30-15 2:24 pm
BURKESVILLE, Kentucky - A fugitive accused of shooting a Tennessee police officer and firing at a Kentucky trooper was killed in a shootout with authorities early Friday, ending a nearly weeklong manhunt and relieving a community on the eve of Halloween.