- Northbound I-65 reopens near Elizabethtown Updated: Jul-28-15 8:47 pm
ELIZABETHTOWN, Kentucky - Northbound Interstate 65 lanes north of Elizabethtown have reopened.
- Kentucky state agencies promoting 'Move Over' law Updated: Jul-28-15 4:04 am
FRANKFORT, Kentucky - The Kentucky State Police and the state Office of Highway Safety are teaming up to promote safe driving behavior to protect people in emergency or public safety vehicles.
- Study sees positive gains from 2012 prescription drug law Updated: Jul-27-15 4:02 pm
FRANKFORT, Kentucky - Prescriptions for painkillers and doctor-shopping by pill seekers have decreased since Kentucky passed legislation targeting prescription drug abuse, according to a University of Kentucky study.
- AG candidate Beshear offers plan to combat child abuse Updated: Jul-27-15 10:46 am
LOUISVILLE, Kentucky - Democrat Andy Beshear says he would create a division in the attorney general's office to crack down on child abuse if he is elected as Kentucky's top law enforcement officer in November.
- Trooper Island celebrating 50 years of camping Updated: Jul-27-15 5:07 am
FRANKFORT, Kentucky - Kentucky State Police are celebrating the 50th anniversary this year of Trooper Island, a free summer camp operated by the agency to serve underprivileged children.
- GOP judge-executive to seek House seat in Bullitt County Updated: Jul-24-15 4:04 am
LOUISVILLE, Kentucky - Bullitt County's Republican judge-executive says she will run for a seat in the state House of Representatives in 2016.
- Beshear orders security enhancements at National Guard Updated: Jul-22-15 6:17 pm
FRANKFORT, Kentucky - Kentucky Gov. Steve Beshear has issued an executive order authorizing Adjutant Gen. Edward Tonini to enhance security at state National Guard facilities and recruiting stations following the shooting death of five servicemen in Tennessee last week.
- Former Kentucky State Police Trooper accepts plea bargain Updated: Jul-22-15 1:11 pm
SMITHLAND, Kentucky - A former Kentucky State Police Trooper charged with having inappropriate contact with a minor during a traffic stop in Grand Rivers has accepted a plea bargain.
- Beshear satisfied with National Guard security Updated: Jul-21-15 2:43 pm
FRANKFORT, Kentucky - Kentucky Gov. Steve Beshear says he and Adjutant Gen. Edward Tonini are satisfied with the security policies in place for the state's National Guard facilities and recruiting stations following the shooting death of five servicemen in Tennessee last week.
- Democratic Kentucky governor puts budget surplus in savings Updated: Jul-21-15 11:43 am
FRANKFORT, Kentucky - Democratic Kentucky Gov. Steve Beshear announced Tuesday he was putting $82.5 million of the state's $165.4 million budget surplus into a state savings account.
- Robertson stepping down as Kentucky GOP executive director Updated: Jul-16-15 1:18 pm
FRANKFORT, Kentucky - The Republican Party of Kentucky will have new leadership four months ahead of a pivotal election for governor.
- Kentucky temporarily lifts restrictions for utility vehicles Updated: Jul-15-15 3:38 am
FRANKFORT, Kentucky - The Kentucky Transportation Cabinet has lifted some highway restrictions for out-of-state utility vehicles traveling nationally to areas with widespread power outages.
- Lane restrictions added in Hopkins County Updated: Jul-13-15 4:09 am
MADISONVILLE, Kentucky - Traffic is being restricted to one lane in both directions on a stretch of the Pennyrile Parkway in western Kentucky.
- Ky. Couple plead guilty in copper wire thefts along highways Updated: Jul-09-15 10:03 am
FRANKFORT, Kentucky - The Kentucky Transportation Cabinet says a Clark County couple has pleaded guilty in a rash of thefts that stripped copper wire from highway lighting systems.
- Elizabethtown police fatally shoot man with knife Updated: Jul-08-15 12:44 pm
ELIZABETHTOWN, Kentucky - Kentucky State Police are investigating a fatal shooting in Elizabethtown involving two city officers.
- Police: Woman struck, killed trying to cross Interstate 24 Updated: Jul-08-15 7:18 am
EDDYVILLE, Kentucky - Kentucky State Police say they are investigating the death of a woman who was struck by a car as she attempted to walk across Interstate 24.
- TV ads begin in Kentucky's race for governor Updated: Jul-08-15 5:46 am
FRANKFORT, Kentucky - The Republican Governor's Association swooped in to Kentucky governor's race Wednesday with a statewide TV ad intended to boost nominee Matt Bevin as he struggles to keep up with Democrat Jack Conway's fundraising.
- Trooper rescues woman from floodwaters in eastern Kentucky Updated: Jul-08-15 4:06 am
MANCHESTER, Kentucky - A Kentucky State Police trooper in eastern Kentucky is being heralded for rescuing a woman from floodwaters.
- Hundreds of Kentucky state engineers get sizable raises Updated: Jul-07-15 2:17 pm
FRANKFORT, Kentucky - About 550 engineers in the Kentucky Transportation Cabinet have received raises averaging 20 percent in a plan to curb high turnover and costly contracts for private engineers.
- Kentucky clerk sued for not issuing gay-marriage licenses Updated: Jul-02-15 7:40 pm
LOUISVILLE, Kentucky - Four Kentucky couples are suing a clerk who is refusing to issue gay-marriage licenses - or any marriage licenses at all - following the U.S. Supreme Court decision that same-sex couples have a legal right to marry.
- I-71 reopens after Henry County wreck that killed 1 Updated: Jul-01-15 7:20 pm
CAMPBELLSBURG, Kentucky - Officials say one person has died and three others are injured after an eight-vehicle wreck in Henry County that closed part of Interstate 71 for several hours.
- Beshear golfs with Tiger Woods in West Virginia Updated: Jul-01-15 2:45 pm
FRANKFORT, Kentucky - Kentucky Gov. Steve Beshear played golf with Tiger Woods on Wednesday.
- Kentucky editorial roundup Updated: Jul-01-15 2:35 pm
Recent editorials from Kentucky newspapers:
- Trooper involved in crash that kills other driver Updated: Jul-01-15 10:32 am
SOMERSET, Kentucky - A southern Kentucky woman has died in a crash involving a state trooper.
- After coal win, states seek similar relief for farms Updated: Jun-30-15 5:51 pm
FRANKFORT, Kentucky - They beat the EPA on coal, and now a group of state attorneys general hopes to score a similar victory on farming.