- 4 couples sue Indiana over same-sex marriage ban Updated: Mar-07-14 8:22 pm
- Speaker: Ky. House likely to accept higher ed cuts Updated: Mar-07-14 3:51 pm
- Kentucky smoking ban bill is dead, sponsor says Updated: Mar-06-14 8:13 pm
- Kentucky local option tax talks get panel pushback Updated: Mar-06-14 7:08 pm
- Senate OKs keeping e-cigarettes away from minors Updated: Mar-06-14 5:29 pm
- Bill would let Paul run for 2 offices at same time Updated: Mar-06-14 4:43 pm
- Bill seeking prevailing wage exception fails Updated: Mar-06-14 3:25 pm
- Ky. panel OKs allowing public-private partnerships Updated: Mar-06-14 12:40 pm
- Ky. road crews urged to conserve salt Updated: Mar-06-14 4:04 am
- Senate proposal would reduce legislative sessions Updated: Mar-05-14 7:13 pm
- Gay-rights bill gets hearing from Ky. House panel Updated: Mar-05-14 2:53 pm
- Contractor bill clears Kentucky Senate Updated: Mar-04-14 8:27 pm
- Kentucky's top Democrats divided by gay marriage Updated: Mar-04-14 6:07 pm
- Heiner to enter 2015 Kentucky governor's race Updated: Mar-03-14 9:31 pm
- Snow, sleet hits across Kentucky Updated: Mar-03-14 12:47 pm
- Ky. legislature calls off Monday session Updated: Mar-03-14 11:07 am
- Kentucky Speedway pays bill to state police Updated: Mar-02-14 5:23 pm
- GOP seeks to eliminate state treasurer's office Updated: Mar-02-14 11:53 am
- Bill seeks to restrict cellphones in school zones Updated: Feb-28-14 5:31 pm
- Ky. House passes temp concealed carry for victims Updated: Feb-28-14 3:19 pm
- Medical marijuana bill clears Kentucky House panel Updated: Feb-27-14 5:16 pm
- McConnell focuses on coal in new campaign ad Updated: Feb-27-14 1:17 pm
- Ky. Senate panel OKs trial use of cannabis oil Updated: Feb-26-14 4:24 pm
- Police fatally shoot man involved in standoff Updated: Feb-26-14 12:14 pm
- Kentucky Senate OKs Cabinet change Updated: Feb-25-14 9:01 pm
LOUISVILLE, Kentucky - Four gay couples from southern Indiana sued the state Friday, seeking to force Indiana to recognize same-sex marriages from out of state and issue licenses to same-sex couples.
FRANKFORT, Kentucky - Kentucky House members working on the next state budget have been unable to find money to restore cuts to higher education that the governor proposed, House Speaker Greg Stumbo said Friday.
FRANKFORT, Kentucky - A Kentucky House bill that would enact a statewide ban on smoking in shared public spaces and places of employment is dead for the year after meeting strong opposition, the sponsor says.
FRANKFORT, Kentucky - A push for a local option sales tax in Kentucky has drawn resistance from House panel members.
FRANKFORT, Kentucky - The Kentucky Senate has passed a bill that would ban the sale of electronic cigarettes to minors.
FRANKFORT, Kentucky - A bill introduced in the Kentucky legislature is aimed at ensuring U.S. Sen. Rand Paul can appear twice on Kentucky's ballot if he runs for president and another Senate term in 2016.
FRANKFORT, Kentucky - A Kentucky House committee has defeated a bill that would have exempted school construction projects from the state's prevailing wage law.
FRANKFORT, Kentucky - A bill backed by influential business groups that would allow state and local governments in Kentucky to partner with private sources for projects ranging from roads and sewer lines to college dorms won approval from a House committee Thursday.
FRANKFORT, Kentucky - The harsh winter has prompted the Kentucky Transportation Cabinet to urge its crews to conserve salt supplies.
FRANKFORT, Kentucky - The Kentucky Senate's top leader Wednesday proposed reducing the number of days lawmakers meet each year, saying it would save millions of dollars each year and entice a broader range of people to run for the General Assembly.
FRANKFORT, Kentucky - A former police officer who claims he lost his job because of his sexual orientation joined gay-rights advocates Wednesday in urging Kentucky lawmakers to protect homosexuals and bisexuals from discrimination in the workplace, in public places and housing.
FRANKFORT, Kentucky - A bill that would allow a greater number of employees to be legally classified as independent contractors has passed the Kentucky Senate.
LOUISVILLE, Kentucky - Two of Kentucky's top Democrats split sharply Tuesday over same-sex marriage, with Gov. Steve Beshear saying outside lawyers will be hired to appeal a decision granting recognition to gay couples married in other states after the attorney general announced he would not pursue the case.
LOUISVILLE, Kentucky - Former Louisville councilman Hal Heiner is entering next year's race for governor and is teaming with another urban Republican as his running mate, former state GOP chairman Bob Gable said Monday.
LOUISVILLE, Kentucky - Icy roads and snow accumulations closed schools and government offices across Kentucky on Monday.
FRANKFORT, Kentucky - Kentucky lawmakers have canceled their Monday session due to the winter storm.
LOUISVILLE, Kentucky - The Kentucky Speedway has paid an overdue bill of nearly $300,000 to Kentucky State Police for providing security on the track's grounds during four major race weeks in 2012 and 2013.
FRANKFORT, Kentucky - Targeting a Democratic stronghold, the Republican-controlled Kentucky Senate wants to send voters a constitutional amendment to abolish the position of state treasurer, a job that has existed since its creation in the state constitution in 1792.
FRANKFORT, Kentucky - The Kentucky House took aim at distracted motorists Friday, passing a bill that would stiffen fines for texting while driving and restrict on-the-road cellphone use in school and construction zones.
FRANKFORT, Kentucky - Domestic violence victims in Kentucky could gain quick access to temporary concealed weapons permits under a bill that passed the House after emotional debate Friday.
FRANKFORT, Kentucky - A measure to legalize medical marijuana in Kentucky passed a House committee Thursday, but whether the issue will come up for a vote in front of the full House was unclear.
FRANKFORT, Kentucky - Senate Republican Leader Mitch McConnell's campaign is releasing a new TV ad focused on coal.
FRANKFORT, Kentucky - A bill aimed at allowing trial use of cannabis oil for severe childhood seizures gained momentum Wednesday, clearing a Kentucky Senate committee that heard emotional pleas from parents wanting the treatment for their children.
SHELBYVILLE, Kentucky - Kentucky State Police say a Shelby County man is dead after firing at officers during a standoff.
FRANKFORT, Kentucky - State lawmakers' influence over the governor's Cabinet for Health and Family Services would increase under a bill passed by the Kentucky Senate on Tuesday.