- LSU opens spring practice Updated: Mar-08-14 6:59 pm
- Maggitt has Vols welcoming return of their leader Updated: Mar-08-14 1:35 pm
- Majors in stable condition after heart procedure Updated: Mar-07-14 9:23 pm
- Healthy QB competition excites Tennessee's Jones Updated: Mar-07-14 8:57 pm
- Kicker James Hairston to transfer from LSU Updated: Mar-07-14 4:53 pm
- South Carolina opens spring practice without stars Updated: Mar-06-14 6:46 pm
- Pinkel gets raise, contract extension at Mizzou Updated: Mar-06-14 2:06 pm
- Saban: 10-second rule for safety, not getting edge Updated: Mar-05-14 7:41 pm
- Vandy assistant pleads guilty to drunk driving Updated: Mar-05-14 6:38 pm
- Richt looks forward to a different look in spring Updated: Mar-05-14 6:08 pm
- Florida OC Roper gets 3-year deal worth up to $2M Updated: Mar-05-14 5:00 pm
- Ole Miss begins spring drills after rough winter Updated: Mar-04-14 8:32 pm
- South Carolina postpones start of spring football Updated: Mar-04-14 4:02 pm
- Clemson's Swinney says 4 to miss Georgia game Updated: Mar-04-14 3:44 pm
- Vols to open spring practice without WR Howard Updated: Mar-04-14 3:12 pm
- Gus Malzahn, Bobby Bowden agree on slow-down rule Updated: Mar-02-14 9:24 pm
- Peveto back at LSU as special teams coach Updated: Feb-27-14 9:50 pm
- 3 Vols cited after party have charges dropped Updated: Feb-27-14 7:21 pm
- Texas junior high QB, 14, commits to play for LSU Updated: Feb-24-14 1:44 pm
- Aggies to have biggest video board Updated: Feb-24-14 11:14 am
- Aggie defensive lineman busted for marijuana Updated: Feb-24-14 7:45 am
- Tennessee's A.J. Johnson reaches deal with state Updated: Feb-21-14 2:57 pm
- Utah State football opens at Tennessee Aug. 28 Updated: Feb-20-14 6:42 pm
- Arkansas hires Jennings to coach defensive backs Updated: Feb-20-14 5:15 pm
- Alabama sues ex-assistant for payment of buyout Updated: Feb-20-14 3:32 pm
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - LSU has opened spring football practice with some players at new positions and a couple of regulars sitting out while recovering from offseason surgeries.
KNOXVILLE, Tennessee - The leader of Tennessee's football team is a guy who didn't play at all last year.
KNOXVILLE, Tennessee - Former Tennessee football star and coach Johnny Majors is in stable condition at the University of Tennessee Medical Center after a heart valve procedure.
The presence of four healthy quarterbacks gives Tennessee coach Butch Jones reason for optimism that the Volunteers could have better results this season.
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - LSU kicker James Hairston plans to transfer after his scheduled graduation in May and is expected to kick next season for another school.
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - South Carolina started spring practice quietly after a season where the Gamecocks and their star players made a lot of noise.
COLUMBIA, Missouri - After guiding Missouri to a seven-win improvement and an appearance in the SEC championship game, coach Gary Pinkel signed a new contract that boosts his annual salary above $3 million and extends his previous deal by three years to the end of the 2020 season.
TUSCALOOSA, Alabama - Alabama coach Nick Saban is adamant he didn't have a role in coming up with the proposed 10-second rule, but equally insistent that hurry-up offenses are indeed hazardous to defensive players' health.
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - Vavae Tata will not be a position coach at Vanderbilt after pleading guilty to a charge of drunk driving in an agreement dismissing a count of leaving the scene of an accident.
ATHENS, Georgia - Coming off a disappointing season, Georgia coach Mark Richt is looking forward to shaking things up.
GAINESVILLE, Florida - Florida offensive coordinator Kurt Roper can earn up to $2 million under a three-year contract he signed last month.
OXFORD, Mississippi - Hugh Freeze is entering his third season as Mississippi's head coach, and he's optimistic the program is ready to compete in the Southeastern Conference's Western Division.
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - Coach Steve Spurrier has postponed the start of spring football practice at South Carolina because of cold weather.
CLEMSON, South Carolina - Clemson coach Dabo Swinney says two returning starters in defensive end Corey Crawford and offensive lineman David Beasley are among four players who'll miss the Tigers' opening game with Georgia for violating team rules.
KNOXVILLE, Tennessee - Tennessee plans to open spring practice Friday without wide receiver Alton "Pig" Howard.
BIRMINGHAM, Alabama - Auburn coach Gus Malzahn was in his second year leading a high school program when he watched Florida State's Bobby Bowden turn up the tempo with a quarterback who was on his way to the Heisman Trophy.
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - LSU says Bradley Dale Peveto is part of head coach Les Miles' staff again.
KNOXVILLE, Tennessee - Three Tennessee football players who received citations Feb. 9 in connection with a party have had their charges dropped, while four others have to perform community service to get their charges dismissed under agreements reached this week.
SAN ANTONIO - A 14-year-old quarterback from South Texas has committed to play football at LSU.
COLLEGE STATION, Texas - Texas A&M says Kyle Field will have the largest video screen in college football for the 2014 season.
BRYAN, Texas - Texas A&M freshman defensive lineman Isaiah Golden is free on $2,000 bond after a weekend arrest for marijuana possession.
KNOXVILLE, Tennessee - Tennessee linebacker A.J. Johnson will have all charges stemming from a Feb. 9 party dropped in 90 days if he fulfills terms of an agreement reached Friday.
SALT LAKE CITY - Utah State opens the 2014 football season at Tennessee on Aug. 28, hosts Wake Forest in mid-September and travels to BYU for a Friday night game on Oct. 3
FAYETTEVILLE, Arkansas - Arkansas on Thursday hired Clay Jennings from TCU to be the Razorbacks' defensive backfield coach.
TUSCALOOSA, Alabama - The University of Alabama has sued former assistant coach Mike Groh seeking payment of his contract buyout.