- Kansas assistant hired by Arkansas to coach running backs Updated: Feb-13-16 2:28 pm
FAYETTEVILLE, Arkansas - The University of Arkansas has hired Kansas recruiting coordinator and running backs coach Reggie Mitchell to coach the Razorbacks running backs.
- Miles lures Juluke to LSU as running backs coach Updated: Feb-13-16 1:45 pm
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - LSU coach Les Miles says he's hired Jabbar Juluke as his new running backs coach.
- Knoxville News Sentinel sues for documents in UT rape case Updated: Feb-12-16 8:50 pm
KNOXVILLE, Tennessee - The Knoxville News Sentinel is asking a judge to unseal evidence in the cases of two former University of Tennessee football players charged with aggravated rape.
- Louisiana governor's speech stokes fears, threatens football Updated: Feb-12-16 6:21 pm
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - Gov. John Bel Edwards' talk of shuttered hospitals, college closures and a canceled football season for the LSU Tigers drew attention Friday to Louisiana's deep budget woes, mixed with criticism that the Democratic governor was fear-mongering.
- Chipper Jones, Hines Ward in Georgia Hall of Fame class Updated: Feb-12-16 3:02 pm
MACON, Georgia - Former Atlanta Braves star Chipper Jones and four-time Pro Bowler Hines Ward are among eight who will be inducted into the Georgia Sports Hall of Fame this month.
- Cal hires Spavital as offensive coordinator Updated: Feb-12-16 12:38 am
BERKELEY, California - Jake Spavital has been hired by California as offensive coordinator and quarterbacks coach a month after he left Texas A&M by mutual agreement.
- Davis, Perry named to SC Football Hall of Fame Updated: Feb-11-16 12:40 pm
GREENVILLE, South Carolina - Former Clemson linebacker Jeff Davis and ex-Tigers defensive end Michael Dean Perry have been voted to the South Carolina Football of Hall of Fame.
- Alabama hires Derrick Ansley as defensive backs coach Updated: Feb-10-16 7:07 pm
TUSCALOOSA, Alabama - Alabama has hired Derrick Ansley to coach defensive backs.
- Hoosiers name former player Mark Hagen defensive line coach Updated: Feb-10-16 6:04 pm
BLOOMINGTON, Indiana - Former Indiana linebacker Mark Hagen has returned to his alma mater as defensive line/
- Tuscaloosa, Alabama, officers disciplined after arrest video Updated: Feb-10-16 4:45 pm
TUSCALOOSA, Alabama - A police chief says officers who were recorded using a stun gun and baton on University of Alabama students after a football game party last fall have been ordered to do more training and one remains on paid administrative leave.
- AP Source: Ole Miss football cited in 13 of 28 violations Updated: Feb-09-16 7:38 pm
Mississippi's football program was cited by the NCAA in nearly half of the 28 rules violations levied against the school in the Notice of Allegations the university recently received, said a person with knowledge of the investigation.
- SEC targets spring break practices in reaction to Harbaugh Updated: Feb-09-16 4:03 pm
BIRMINGHAM, Alabama - The Southeastern Conference is asking for a rule preventing football teams from holding practices during spring break.
- Tennessee has reported 18 minor violations to NCAA since May Updated: Feb-09-16 11:10 am
KNOXVILLE, Tennessee - Tennessee has reported 18 Level III violations to the NCAA since May, including four in football.
- Ex-South Carolina coach Spurrier to serve as ambassador Updated: Feb-08-16 6:37 pm
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - Steve Spurrier has a new role at South Carolina - special assistant to President Harris Pastides and athletic director Ray Tanner.
- Florida hires Virginia Tech's Gray as defensive backs coach Updated: Feb-04-16 8:24 pm
GAINESVILLE, Florida - Florida has hired Virginia Tech assistant Torrian Gray as its defensive backs coach.
- Missouri's Odom adds 2 RBs in first recruiting class Updated: Feb-04-16 12:52 am
COLUMBIA, Missouri - Barry Odom has filled a sudden vacancy at quarterback and Missouri's new coach said on-campus turmoil was no factor in assembling his first recruiting class.
- THE LATEST: Oklahoma lands last big recruit of signing day Updated: Feb-03-16 9:29 pm
The latest developments on college football signing day (all times EST):
- Missouri adds Jackie Shipp as defensive line coach Updated: Feb-03-16 8:50 pm
COLUMBIA, Missouri - New Missouri coach Barry Odom filled an unexpected vacancy by hiring Jackie Shipp to coach the defensive line.
- Montgomery inks 1st recruiting class as Pirates' new coach Updated: Feb-03-16 8:06 pm
East Carolina coach Scottie Montgomery barely had time to put together his staff before it was time to hold onto commitments from recruits and seek out new ones.
- LSU adds depth to veteran squad with top-5 rated class Updated: Feb-03-16 8:03 pm
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - Tigers coach Les Miles was not necessarily seeking immediate help from the 2016 recruiting class, not with up to 18 starters returning from last season's 9-3 LSU team,
- UAB 's Clark: Signing day 'beyond just a big day' Updated: Feb-03-16 7:54 pm
The UAB Blazers loaded up on junior college players and signed Alabama's Mr. Football in their return to national signing day.
- Alabama leads another strong recruiting class for the SEC Updated: Feb-03-16 7:48 pm
OXFORD, Mississippi - Alabama's still the unquestioned king of Southeastern Conference recruiting.
- Richt's first class at Miami is made up of 18 signees Updated: Feb-03-16 6:49 pm
CORAL GABLES, Florida - Mark Richt's first Miami recruiting class has a distinct Florida feel.
- Norvell's first class at Memphis includes ex-Tennessee QB Updated: Feb-03-16 6:39 pm
MEMPHIS, Tennessee - Memphis coach Mike Norvell's first recruiting class includes a quarterback who began his career across the state.
- Muschamp pleased with 1st recruiting class at South Carolina Updated: Feb-03-16 6:34 pm
South Carolina coach Will Muschamp said he had a high winning percentage in recruiting this year. He hopes that translates to success on the football field.