- Gamecocks moving on from last year's defensive problems Updated: Jul-24-15 6:09 pm
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - South Carolina linebacker T.J. Holloman likes having short-term memory, particularly when it comes to the Gamecocks dismal showing on defense last season.
- Clemson QB Watson eager for big season Updated: Jul-23-15 7:27 pm
MAULDIN, South Carolina - Clemson quarterback Deshaun Watson isn't focused on the praise and honors coming his way, no matter how high they pile up this offseason.
- Frank Mordica, tied for SEC's best rushing game, dies at 57 Updated: Jul-23-15 1:05 pm
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - Frank Mordica, the Vanderbilt running back who shares the single-best rushing performance in Southeastern Conference history, has died. He was 57.
- Potential SEC contenders relying on players back from injury Updated: Jul-23-15 11:36 am
The fortunes of several potential Southeastern Conference contenders could hinge largely on players returning from serious injuries.
- Tennessee lineman Charles Mosley arrested on DUI charge Updated: Jul-23-15 9:49 am
KNOXVILLE, Tennessee - Tennessee redshirt freshman lineman Charles Mosley has been arrested on a charge of driving under the influence.
- Charlotte hopes to host more SC-NC football games Updated: Jul-23-15 8:05 am
CHARLOTTE, North Carolina - South Carolina and North Carolina open their college football seasons in Charlotte on Sept. 3 at the home of the Carolinas Panthers.
- Renovations to Commonwealth Stadium on schedule Updated: Jul-22-15 6:57 pm
LEXINGTON, Kentucky - Kentucky senior associate athletic director Russ Pear remains confident that Commonwealth Stadium will be ready for the Wildcats' Sept. 5 season opener despite being "stressed about things" because of this month's heavy rains.
- Spurrier: Not too old to coach, will be around 'a long time' Updated: Jul-22-15 6:50 pm
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - Steve Spurrier has a message for all those "enemies" out there, saying he will remain South Carolina's coach for a long time.
- Tennessee's Swafford to stop playing for health reasons Updated: Jul-22-15 3:57 pm
KNOXVILLE, Tennessee - Tennessee defensive back Devaun Swafford is ending his playing career for health reasons.
- Johnson gets separate trial from ex-Vols teammate Williams Updated: Jul-22-15 11:51 am
KNOXVILLE, Tennessee - Former Tennessee linebacker A.J. Johnson will be tried separately from ex-Volunteers teammate Michael Williams as both men face aggravated rape charges.
- Tennessee, Georgia Tech to meet on first week of 2017 season Updated: Jul-20-15 10:33 am
ATLANTA - Tennessee and Georgia Tech will open their 2017 seasons by facing each other Sept. 4 in the Chick-fil-A Kickoff Game in Atlanta.
- Alabama broadcasters remember Tide radio legend Doug Layton Updated: Jul-18-15 9:04 am
BIRMINGHAM, Alabama - Doug Layton, a familiar voice to Birmingham radio listeners for more than a half-century, died Wednesday night in his Vestavia Hills home following a long battle with cancer. He was 81 years old.
- 2 from Arkansas, 1 from Arkansas State on Walker Award list Updated: Jul-16-15 3:44 pm
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - Two University of Arkansas running backs and one from Arkansas State have been named to the watch list for the Doak Walker Award.
- Mississippi, Freeze trying to continue improvement Updated: Jul-16-15 2:54 pm
HOOVER, Alabama - Mississippi has slowly improved for three straight seasons, becoming a legitimate factor in the Southeastern Conference Western Division last season.
- LSU's Miles expects QB play to be "legitimately better" Updated: Jul-16-15 2:40 pm
HOOVER, Alabama - LSU coach Les Miles said he expects the team's quarterback play to be "legitimately better" as it competes for a title in the difficult Southeastern Conference Western Division.
- Richt: 'No idea' who will be Georgia's quarterback Updated: Jul-16-15 2:36 pm
HOOVER, Alabama - The Georgia Bulldogs are in search of a starting quarterback and a drought-ending Southeastern Conference title.
- SEC moves ahead alone on tougher transfer rules Updated: Jul-16-15 2:35 pm
HOOVER, Alabama - The Southeastern Conference has taken the high road when it comes to domestic violence, aiming to keep alleged abusers off their rosters even if it means they land in a rival league.
- Auburn picked to win SEC, but Bama favored to win West Updated: Jul-16-15 1:13 pm
HOOVER, Alabama - Reporters predicting the Southeastern Conference were torn in the Western Division.
- Mississippi coach Hugh Freeze supports changing state flag Updated: Jul-16-15 11:59 am
HOOVER, Alabama - Mississippi football coach Hugh Freeze says he supports removing the Confederate battle emblem from the state flag.
- Arkansas hopes 2014 season just the start of big things Updated: Jul-15-15 5:59 pm
HOOVER, Alabama - Bret Bielema doesn't want anyone at Arkansas getting satisfied with seven wins, even though getting to that point last season and picking up a couple of late Southeastern Conference shutouts marked quite a turnaround.
- Missouri quietly becomes force in SEC East Updated: Jul-15-15 5:48 pm
HOOVER, Alabama - Missouri has been one of the Southeastern Conference's best teams over the past two seasons, winning back-to-back Eastern Division titles and 23 total games.
- Auburn to pay Muschamp $5.1 million over 3 years Updated: Jul-15-15 3:17 pm
AUBURN, Alabama - Auburn defensive coordinator Will Muschamp will make at least $5.1 million over three years.
- Kentucky looks to earn bowl eligibility in Stoops' 3rd year Updated: Jul-15-15 3:08 pm
HOOVER, Alabama - One season after Kentucky fell just short of postseason eligibility, coach Mark Stoops believes the Wildcats are ready to become relevant in the Southeastern Conference's Eastern Division.
- Razorback, Red Wolf on watch list for Wuerffel Trophy Updated: Jul-15-15 2:55 pm
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - Arkansas linebacker Brooks Ellis and Arkansas State quarterback Fredi Knighten are among 80 players named to the watch list for the Wuerffel Trophy.
- Saban: NFL draft evaluations affected Alabama chemistry Updated: Jul-15-15 2:19 pm
HOOVER, Alabama - Alabama coach Nick Saban thinks something happened to his team's chemistry between the Southeastern Conference championship game and the national semifinals against Ohio State.