- Diamondbacks-Rockies game rained out Updated: May-05-15 12:20 am
DENVER - Arizona manager Chip Hale gave his team a pep talk about its recent hitting woes. He'll have to wait a day to see if it did any good.
- Ottavino concerned he needs Tommy John surgery Updated: May-04-15 8:54 pm
DENVER - In the midst of the best start of his career, Colorado Rockies closer Adam Ottavino is concerned his season might be over.
- Rockies lose 5th straight game, 8-6 to Padres in homer fest Updated: May-03-15 9:02 pm
SAN DIEGO - Other than driving seven balls out of Petco Park, the Colorado Rockies didn't have much to show for their weekend in San Diego.
- Gyorko's long homer helps Padres to 8-6 win over Rockies Updated: May-03-15 8:44 pm
- Rockies designate Jorge Rondon for assignment Updated: May-02-15 7:33 pm
SAN DIEGO - The Colorado Rockies designated right-hander Jorge Rondon for assignment Saturday and called up left-hander Ken Roberts from Triple-A Albuquerque.
- Pacheco, Tomas lead Diamondbacks to 9-1 win over Rockies Updated: Apr-30-15 1:30 am
PHOENIX - The way the Arizona Diamondbacks have been hitting the last few days, they didn't seem to need a sterling performance from starting pitcher Josh Collmenter.
- Colorado's Matzek leaves after first pitch of sixth inning Updated: Apr-27-15 11:56 pm
- Giants-Rockies game postponed by rain Updated: Apr-26-15 5:33 pm
DENVER - Right-hander Bill Swift's arm was all warmed up and ready to throw out the ceremonial first pitch Sunday.
- Giants beat Rockies 5-4 in 11 innings Updated: Apr-26-15 1:32 am
DENVER - Moments after scoring the winning run for the Giants, Nori Aoki was in the middle of a playful clubhouse celebration in which he was presented with his AL championship ring from his time last season with the Kansas City Royals, the team San Francisco beat in the World Series.
- Dickerson's solo homer lifts Rockies to 2-1 win over Padres Updated: Apr-23-15 7:24 pm
DENVER - Corey Dickerson's left heel has flared up along with his power.
- Rockies 3B Arenado scratched Updated: Apr-20-15 8:54 pm
- Dodgers hit 3 HRs in 6th to rout Rockies 7-0 Updated: Apr-19-15 8:38 pm
LOS ANGELES - The Dodgers are leading the NL in home runs, even without Matt Kemp and Hanley Ramirez.
- First-place Rockies complete sweep of struggling Giants Updated: Apr-16-15 2:15 am
SAN FRANCISCO - As if this week couldn't get much better for Colorado's Nolan Arenado, he now gets to head home to Orange County and spend his 24th birthday Thursday eating some home cooking by his mother, Millie.
- Rockies beat Giants to spoil San Francisco's home opener Updated: Apr-13-15 9:20 pm
- Rockies move LaTroy Hawkins out of closer role for now Updated: Apr-13-15 4:42 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - LaTroy Hawkins is being moved out of Colorado's closer role for now, though manager Walt Weiss isn't ruling out the right-hander returning to ninth-inning duties.
- Fowler's homer off Hawkins gives Cubs 6-5 win over Rockies Updated: Apr-12-15 9:05 pm
DENVER - LaTroy Hawkins took an up-and-coming Dexter Fowler under his wing when the speedy outfielder was just a teenager in the Colorado Rockies system.
- Rockies place Axford on family medical emergency list Updated: Apr-12-15 3:38 pm
DENVER - John Axford is taking some time off to tend to his young son, who was bitten by a rattlesnake last month in Arizona.
- Injured officer on mound for 1st pitch at Rockies opener Updated: Apr-10-15 5:48 pm
DENVER - A Denver police officer hit by a car while protecting student protesters in December was on the mound for the first pitch at the Colorado Rockies' home opener.
- 1st time since '08 two starting pitchers bat 8th in MLB game Updated: Apr-10-15 4:33 pm
- Rockies return from successful road trip, rarity in '14 Updated: Apr-09-15 1:19 pm
DENVER - The Colorado Rockies have already begun to answer one big question facing them in 2015: Can they win on the road?
- Rosario's pinch homer lifts Colorado over Milwaukee in 10 Updated: Apr-09-15 12:56 am
MILWAUKEE - Wilin Rosario was poised to make his first start of the year when he was scratched just before game time.
- Major league ballparks beef up security with metal detectors Updated: Apr-06-15 6:11 pm
PHILADELPHIA - Baseball fans are taking their first swings at the sport's new security guidelines.
- Chilly temps for Brewers opening day tailgaters Updated: Apr-06-15 7:04 am
MILWAUKEE - The smell of brats will soon be wafting from the parking lots at Miller Park as tailgaters celebrate the Milwaukee Brewers' home opener.
- Morrison homers in Butler's audition, Mariners beat Rockies Updated: Apr-04-15 6:48 pm
SCOTTSDALE, Arizona - Eddie Butler was shaky in his final audition for a starting job, giving up a two-run home run to Logan Morrison and balking in a run in the Colorado Rockies' 6-3 loss to the Seattle Mariners on Saturday.