- Rangers once again facing elimination, been there, done that Updated: May-25-15 12:11 am
NEW YORK - The New York Rangers will need another comeback to keep their Stanley Cup drive alive.
- Stamkos has goal and assist, Lightning beat Rangers 2-0 Updated: May-25-15 12:00 am
NEW YORK - Scoring goals made the Tampa Bay Lightning one of the NHL's most entertaining teams this season. Playing defense for the first time in three games has them within a victory of the Stanley Cup finals for the second time in franchise history.
- Lightning stymied by Lundqvist in 5-1 loss to Rangers Updated: May-23-15 12:29 am
- Lundqvist stands tall, Rangers beat Lightning 5-1 in Game 4 Updated: May-23-15 12:21 am
TAMPA, Florida - Henrik Lundqvist and a couple of other old standbys picked a nice time to reassert themselves for the New York Rangers.
- Penguins GM: Dan Bylsma free to pursue any coaching job Updated: May-21-15 7:38 pm
BUFFALO, New York - Former Pittsburgh Penguins coach Dan Bylsma is free to take any job opening, including the Buffalo Sabres' vacancy.
- Blue Jackets tap Nick Foligno as first captain in 3 years Updated: May-20-15 1:03 pm
COLUMBUS, Ohio - Like father, like son: Nick Foligno now is an NHL captain just like his dad was.
- Public trail work begins on historic Hudson River island Updated: May-20-15 9:12 am
FORT EDWARD, New York - Work is underway to turn a historic site on an island the upper Hudson River into a heritage tourism destination.
- Man who scammed NHL pleads guilty to forgery charges in Ohio Updated: May-19-15 5:11 pm
CLEVELAND - A man who once conned the National Hockey League into thinking he was a wealthy entrepreneur well-qualified to buy one of the league's most storied franchises has been convicted of another scam.
- Linesman Brad Kovachik hurts leg in Game 2 of Rangers-Tampa Updated: May-18-15 10:06 pm
- Flyers hire North Dakota's Hakstol as new head coach Updated: May-18-15 9:17 pm
PHILADELPHIA - Once the surprise news hit Philadelphia, Flyers die-hards - heck, NHL fans everywhere - all sounded a bit as if they should have been Jeopardy contestants.
- Blue Jackets assistant GM leaving for job with Colorado Updated: May-18-15 4:44 pm
- Caps GM MacLellan discusses 'empty feeling,' 'right path' Updated: May-18-15 4:14 pm
WASHINGTON - Nearly a year to the day after his promotion to general manager of the Washington Capitals was announced, Brian MacLellan's eyes welled with tears when asked how the time in his current job has been.
- Wide array of experience in NHL conference finals Updated: May-16-15 4:14 pm
CHICAGO - When Blackhawks defenseman Kimmo Timonen made his NHL debut in 1998, Ducks defenseman Hampus Lindholm was 4 years old. Rangers forward Martin St. Louis had played in 1,154 games when forward Jonathan Drouin logged his first appearance with the Lightning in October.
- Ryan Callahan back in lineup 5 days after appendectomy Updated: May-16-15 1:11 pm
- Lacking 'killer instinct,' Capitals head into offseason Updated: May-15-15 7:30 pm
- Bishop a key to Tampa Bay Lightning's deep playoff run Updated: May-15-15 2:23 am
- Protecting home ice could decide NHL's conference finals Updated: May-14-15 8:39 pm
- Rangers Game 7 victory good news for Florida Frozen fans Updated: May-14-15 5:48 am
TAMPA, Florida - Some moms and little girls in Florida are thanking the New York Rangers.
- Rangers head to NHL conference finals to face Lightning Updated: May-14-15 2:51 am
NEW YORK - It would seem there are two certainties ahead for the New York Rangers.
- Rangers advance in OT on Stepan's goal, 2-1 over Capitals Updated: May-14-15 12:06 am
NEW YORK - Make the resilient Rangers play a Game 7 and they don't even flinch.
- Ex-nanny for Penguins player to stand trial on theft charges Updated: May-12-15 9:34 am
PITTSBURGH - The former nanny for the family of Pittsburgh Penguins player Chris Kunitz is set to stand trial on charges she stole $12,000 diamond earrings from his wife, then sold them to jewelry stores.
- Chris Kreider leading Rangers' comeback vs. Capitals Updated: May-12-15 3:29 am
- Trotz OK with Ovechkin saying Caps will win Rangers series Updated: May-11-15 3:26 pm
- Kreider scores 2, Rangers hold off Caps 4-3 to force Game 7 Updated: May-10-15 11:46 pm
WASHINGTON - All of 40 seconds into Game 6, Chris Kreider scored for the New York Rangers. Did it again with all of 0.3 seconds left in the first period.
- Devils move forward with new GM Shero Updated: May-09-15 5:15 pm
NEWARK, New Jersey - The New Jersey Devils' overall goal is the same as it ever was.