- Caps' Tom Wilson fined $2,400 for knee hit to Pens' Sheary Updated: Apr-29-16 2:51 pm
ARLINGTON, Virginia - The NHL fined Capitals forward Tom Wilson $2,404 on Friday for his knee-on-knee hit on Pittsburgh's Conor Sheary, sparing him a suspension that could have altered the second-round playoff series against the Penguins.
- Oshie has hat trick, Capitals beat Penguins 4-3 in overtime Updated: Apr-29-16 12:44 am
WASHINGTON - T.J. Oshie raised his arms in celebration and looked at referee Dan O'Rourke. Oshie was pretty sure he scored in overtime to complete a hat trick and one of the biggest games of his career.
- Tough guy Colton Orr retires after 9-year NHL career Updated: Apr-28-16 4:03 pm
TORONTO - NHL tough guy Colton Orr has retired after nine years in the league.
- Metro staying open an hour later for Capitals playoff game Updated: Apr-28-16 9:02 am
- Tavares, Prince lead Islanders past Lightning 5-3 in Game 1 Updated: Apr-27-16 11:25 pm
- Islanders have been Tavares' team from day he was drafted Updated: Apr-26-16 10:09 pm
The New York Islanders have been John Tavares' team from the moment he was the No. 1 overall pick seven years ago.
- Flyers F Schenn suspended for 3 games for charging Updated: Apr-26-16 7:01 pm
NEW YORK - Philadelphia Flyers forward Brayden Schenn has been suspended by the NHL for three games for a high hit on Washington Capitals forward T.J. Oshie.
- Capitals' Orpik could be difference-maker vs. Penguins Updated: Apr-26-16 5:23 pm
ARLINGTON, Virginia - Jay Beagle's sharpest memory of the Washington Capitals' 2009 playoff series against the Pittsburgh Penguins was when he tried to run over Brooks Orpik and instead got flattened at center ice.
- Winds of change coming to Rangers after early playoff exit Updated: Apr-26-16 4:57 pm
GREENBURGH, New York - Change is coming to the New York Rangers, and it probably will hit the core group that carried the team deep into the Stanley Cup playoffs the past two seasons.
- Penguins goaltender Fleury still dealing with concussion Updated: Apr-25-16 4:44 pm
PITTSBURGH - Pittsburgh Penguins goaltender Marc-Andre Fleury skated alongside some of his teammates on Monday, but says he's still dealing with concussion symptoms and is uncertain on when he will return.
- At ease in Pittsburgh, Kessel making impact for Penguins Updated: Apr-25-16 4:42 pm
PITTSBURGH - Phil Kessel speaks in a polite whisper, as if he's worried talking too loudly might inadvertently attract the spotlight and well, he doesn't want that.
- Flyers finish another empty season without Stanley Cup Updated: Apr-25-16 3:24 pm
PHILADELPHIA - Just as it has in every season since winning it all in 1975, Philadelphia heads home without a Stanley Cup.
- Karmanos gets into mortgage-lending business with startup Updated: Apr-25-16 7:10 am
BIRMINGHAM, Michigan - Businessman and Hockey Hall of Fame member Peter Karmanos is getting into the residential mortgage-lending business with a startup company.
- Islanders beat Panthers 2-1 in 2OTs to end playoff drought Updated: Apr-25-16 2:08 am
NEW YORK - The New York Islanders' long playoff drought is over.
- Panthers C Nick Bjugstad out for Game 5 against Islanders Updated: Apr-24-16 6:26 pm
NEW YORK - Florida center Nick Bjugstad is out for Game 6 of the Panthers' first-round series against the New York Islanders on Sunday night after sustaining a head injury in the last game.
- Capitals close out Flyers in 6 games with 1-0 victory Updated: Apr-24-16 4:10 pm
PHILADELPHIA - Early in the third period, a Flyers fan held up a sign directed at Washington that read, "You'll choke."
- New faces making instant impact during Penguins' surge Updated: Apr-24-16 3:49 pm
PITTSBURGH - Sidney Crosby danced through the neutral zone, slipped across the New York Rangers' blue line and waited for help. It arrived in the form of a blurring No. 43 black-and-gold jersey, the one worn by a player whose speed and relentlessness propelled him from prospect to unlikely catalyst for a Stanley Cup contender in all of five months.
- Surprise goaltenders make big impacts on playoffs' 1st round Updated: Apr-23-16 7:57 pm
WASHINGTON - Michal Neuvirth, Thomas Greiss and Martin Jones were sitting on the bench as playoff backups a year ago. Jeff Zatkoff and Matt Murray were in the minors.
- Penguins close out Rangers 5 games with 6-3 rout Updated: Apr-23-16 7:56 pm
PITTSBURGH - The end of two springs' worth of playoff angst for the Pittsburgh Penguins came suddenly, crammed into 14 minutes of pure exhilaration, one highlight-reel sequence piled atop another.
- Quine wins it in 2nd OT, Islanders top Panthers 2-1 Updated: Apr-23-16 1:43 am
SUNRISE, Florida - Alan Quine was a newborn when the New York Islanders last won a playoff series. He spent most of this season in the minors. His NHL debut was a mere two weeks ago, the team adding him to the roster as an emergency callup.
- Neuvirth magnificent against Capitals as Flyers force Game 6 Updated: Apr-23-16 12:10 am
WASHINGTON - Standing in the same crease that Steve Mason allowed a goal from 101 feet out, Philadelphia Flyers goalie Michal Neuvirth saw shots from every angle and didn't crack. Not even once.
- Rangers trying to overcome 3-1 deficit yet again Updated: Apr-22-16 5:40 pm
GREENBURGH, New York - Trailing 3-1 in a series is nothing new for the New York Rangers.
- Hurricanes, Nordstrom agree to 2-year, $2.55M extension Updated: Apr-22-16 3:26 pm
RALEIGH, North Carolina - Joakim Nordstrom and the Carolina Hurricanes have agreed to terms on a two-year contract extension.
- Malkin stars as Penguins push Rangers to playoff brink Updated: Apr-21-16 11:01 pm
NEW YORK - The Pittsburgh Penguins might have been the NHL's hottest team at the end of the regular season, playing the last month with Evgeni Malkin out of the lineup with an arm injury.
- Flyers' Laughton released from hospital, will miss Game 5 Updated: Apr-21-16 5:10 pm
PHILADELPHIA - The Philadelphia Flyers say forward Scott Laughton has been released from the hospital and is doing well a day after being taken off the ice on a stretcher.