- Canadian newcomer Trudeau a fresh face among APEC leaders Updated: Nov-19-15 11:23 am
MANILA, Philippines - He's younger than the next youngest leader by six years and nearly a full generation behind the 60-year-old average age of his Pacific Rim peers.
- Trudeau says Canada will stay in fight against Islamic State Updated: Nov-19-15 5:47 am
MANILA, Philippines - Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau says his country will remain a strong member of the campaign against the Islamic State group in Iraq and Syria.
- Montana Editorial Roundup Updated: Nov-18-15 6:24 pm
Great Falls Tribune, Nov. 13, on the Keystone XL Pipeline:
- Canada to increase Iraq trainers, but will remove jets Updated: Nov-17-15 11:39 am
TORONTO - Canada will send more military trainers to Iraq but remains committed to removing its fighter jets from the country, Prime Minister Justin Trudeau said Tuesday, sticking with his campaign pledges for the region despite the Paris attacks. He added that he stands by his goal of bringing in 25,000 Syrian refugees by the end of the year despite mounting domestic pressure to reevaluate the plan.
- Analysis: US-Canada relations likely to improve Updated: Nov-11-15 2:19 pm
TORONTO - U.S.-Canadian relations appeared to get off to a rocky start as soon as Justin Trudeau was elected prime minister last month.
- Obama quashes Keystone XL in bid to boost climate leverage Updated: Nov-06-15 11:35 pm
WASHINGTON - Ending a seven-year political saga, President Barack Obama killed the proposed Keystone XL pipeline on Friday, declaring it would have undercut U.S. efforts to clinch a global climate change deal at the center of his environmental legacy.
- TransCanada denies politics behind Keystone delay request Updated: Nov-03-15 2:44 pm
TORONTO - The head of the Canadian company behind the proposed Keystone XL pipeline denied Tuesday that political motivation drove its decision to ask the U.S. government to delay consideration of the project.